FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behind Sealed Doors - Real-world simulation - Be In Control

3 posters

Go down

Behind Sealed Doors - Real-world simulation - Be In Control Empty Behind Sealed Doors - Real-world simulation - Be In Control

Post by Dax Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:56 pm

So I have had this idea looming in my head for awhile now...

The basic idea is this:

With the recent meetings of the G8, G20 in Huntsville and Toronto, Canada respectively and the soon-to-be summit in Seoul, South Korea, I thought: Wow, alot of these men don't have the heart or vision that many people in their country have!

Lets be realistic here: when someone enters politics all bright-eyed and naive, thinking they are going to change their country and world with their new ideas, they are soon cast down by reality and their respective party and they loose these new ideas that could potentially make the world and individual countries much better than they already are.

This has as objective to change all of that.

So here's the general idea: players will be able to choose the seats of every G8 Head of government and govern their country, thus world, as they see fit!

Just a reminder, the G8 countries are:

- Canada
- the United States
- the United Kingdom
- France
- Germany
- Russia
- Japan
- Italy

Other countries can be chosen but the G8 is just kind of a starting place (India, China, Brazil, etc. can be choosen aswell).

Now, you will be taking position as either Chancellor, President or Prime Minister and lead the country and WORLD how YOU think should be ran.

I also thought that this Rp would be a great way to make other people conscious of the world surrounding them and of the current events and politics in many of the worlds countries.

This is especially true because I expect for people to join this Rp to act according the real-life problematics and general ideals that each country has.
These things can be relatively hard to grasp, but I am here to clear them up. However, if you are able to teach yourself on the current affairs of your country, like I want people to do, this will probably not happen.

Another cool thing to this Rp, I think anyway, is Public Support (PS).
PS is actually very simple and just adds a touch of reality and fun to the RP. Basically, its is a fail-safe done by me. It is as simple as me just looking at the action someone and their 'government' has done and juding if the people of the country will accept it or not. Most of the time, again, if you know your country well enough, support should always be there. Also keep in mind that just because Public Support is not on your side, it doesn't mean that the action cannot come to fruitition, but it might have to be changed slightly. (Just like the Opposition making tweaks and making it genuinely better or worse)

However, I do not want people to think that they are restricted on what they do becasue of this PS or by insistence on being 'true to the countries ideals'. I just want people to have them in mind when they think up stuff they want to do or create. I am just saying dont go over board, otherwise its free sailing!

Basically, the PS is the people's opinion and Official Opposition in one voice.

Just to conclude all of these basic ideas, this is what I want for this RP:

-Be somewhat realisitc, giving the possibility for people to express their creativity and materializing (somewhat) their wish for a better country and planet (well, in theory at least)

- Make people learn about countries all around the world

- Have fun

So please, do not be intimidated by all of this! Join up and I guarantee fun!

Suggestions on things to add/scrap are welcome anytime, as well.

And if, for some reason, people think this should be moved into the Advanced Section, please say so.

Very Happy
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Behind Sealed Doors - Real-world simulation - Be In Control Empty Re: Behind Sealed Doors - Real-world simulation - Be In Control

Post by Harper Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am

I like this idea. A lot of people (myself included) don't truly stay with world events as closely as they should and I'd like a chance to have more motivation to. I would motion this to move to Advanced, but I think we should wait a minute for that, and see who else might be interested. Besides, more people are likely to look at it if it's over here first.

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Behind Sealed Doors - Real-world simulation - Be In Control Empty Re: Behind Sealed Doors - Real-world simulation - Be In Control

Post by Dax Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Aye, very good.

The only thing with these kinds of Rp is that many people don't like the 'learn whats going on in other countries part'. So that kind of sucks.

And yet, I keep hope!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by skull_mech Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:57 pm

There are two problems I see with this RP. One is that your views on your country may differ from that of your own countrymen as well as those from other countries. Which may spark some friction between the members. Like things related to homosexuality or 'legalizing premarital sex for increasing birth rates' as an example of a few sensitive issues that may or may not be covered.

Second, Is there a game master? Naivety is bound to be amongst the younger RPers and lets say their radical, practical or not proposals be used, who would change the world? As an example, in the summit nations are worried of Iran not guaranteeing a peaceful use of nuclear power and Israel may set a preemptive strike because of it. What if someone were to propose an immediate stop of sending supplies, trade or basically anything to do with Iran until they document proof that they are using it peacefully(Stop trading with a country and its economy goes down I think). At the same time, threaten Israel with the UN forces already residing within Israel by forcing them out of the Gaza strip as well as prevent them from starting any preemptive strikes against any nation(The reason being that by already showing willingness to go into preemptive strike, you have forsaken or have given up on diplomacy which would otherwise have saved lives). Do you see the naivety in this? What if the Summit agree to this? Is there a game master or some form to change the world based on the discussion in the summit?

Other than that I find this to be a rather interesting RP. I would rather have this simulation be without the wars though. It would be less 'depressing' maybe? Not as realistic, but at least you get to know what's going on within each other's countries which is the basis/reasoning of the whole simulation no?

skull_mech
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 pm

OOC

There are two problems I see with this RP. One is that your views on your country may differ from that of your own countrymen as well as those from other countries. Which may spark some friction between the members. Like things related to homosexuality or 'legalizing premarital sex for increasing birth rates' as an example of a few sensitive issues that may or may not be covered.

Second, Is there a game master? Naivety is bound to be amongst the younger RPers and lets say their radical, practical or not proposals be used, who would change the world? As an example, in the summit nations are worried of Iran not guaranteeing a peaceful use of nuclear power and Israel may set a preemptive strike because of it. What if someone were to propose an immediate stop of sending supplies, trade or basically anything to do with Iran until they document proof that they are using it peacefully(Stop trading with a country and its economy goes down I think). At the same time, threaten Israel with the UN forces already residing within Israel by forcing them out of the Gaza strip as well as prevent them from starting any preemptive strikes against any nation(The reason being that by already showing willingness to go into preemptive strike, you have forsaken or have given up on diplomacy which would otherwise have saved lives). Do you see the naivety in this? What if the Summit agree to this? Is there a game master or some form to change the world based on the discussion in the summit?

Alright, I found a public computer and I thought that this needed some real answering other than my pitiful attempt with my blackberry!

So, here is the deal. If my views, say on the country I control as example, differ from that of another in the same country, it doesn't matter. Whether it be in real-life or this RP, ideas will always differ in a country.

Now, if you want to take it to the sense where I may not allow something because I don't see eye-to-eye with an action that someone wants to take in a totally different country (me acting as PS), I can say nothing. If I am against something, but, by educating myself, I see that the population in the country that wants to do this action are not against it, but FOR it, I have no choice but to let it slide, you see?

As for your scenario with Israel/Iran, that will never happen. For the simple reason that I am the United Nations, I am the International Court of Justice and I am the the countries that aren't used by other people. Therefore, that will give me power, both OOC and IC to make sure that undesirable actions do not take place.

War will not happen unless something unique happens or everyone in the RP, without exceptions, agrees to it.

If you are interested, head on over to the recently moved version of this on the Advanced Interest Checks version and say what country you would like to use. Remember, any country is eligible except France that has already been taken.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down