FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to know your fellow FoGer!

+65
Sólrökr
Lord Revan
Notebookface
Red_Wolf
DarkGoddess
Modesti
Artorius
Dreamless Days
UnfortunateBountyHunter
The Calamity
Br0ken_deadly
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Tartra
Digital Muse
Eris
fragilefigure
Pavement
Skitzo-phrenick
Forbidden
Buzzwulf
Bellatrix_Moonlock
Ununhexium
quakernuts
thecolorisred
Eternity
Mercinus3
Narubia
Despair
Ethereal
xraineyesx
Eorzea
World Traveler
Casey Jewels
wakeangel
Fate Flyer
Hisoka
Kail DeWraith
Kingmaker
SpaceWheeler2.0
Ominous Flare
Sunwolf007
jackariah
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
Squall Reyes
Weiss
MetalEgo
Gabe
Cypher
Sheeple
Gunneh
YenWen
Attie
Silvan Arrow
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Gadreille
Blackrock
Kalon Ordona II
MoiraofWords
Bird of Hermes
Acid Varrakin
The Melancholy Spirit
ImmortalSin
Shekinah
69 posters

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 20 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:51 pm

I like plain coolers. And tapioca bubble tea, honey melon flavour Smile

Hates wearing makeup and thinks it is demeaning.

Back to top Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 20 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Blackrock Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Well, I'm a man and make-up isn't really my thing. Razz

Although I can appreciate it on a girl/woman, but it mustn't be overdone. Something which always draws my attention is...what was its name - eyeliner? But again, most girls I know just apply too much.

And since I'm having this chat with a friend of mine at the moment, what's your take on responsibility? Is it something that applies only to "real and important" things, like work, etc? Or is it something that must be shown in every situation, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem?
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Responsibility should always be in place, or what to call it. I was thinking for example about stuff people do when they are drunk. They blame it on the alcohol, but really, they were the ones that decided to drink. Not only that, they decided to drink enough to be drunk. Because of that it's their responsibility not to do too bad things while being drunk, and if they do them, then they have no one else to blame then themselves.
Aside from that, there is always a reason to be responsible.

So how about you? Who's responsible for the things you (or someone else) do when drunk?

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:53 pm

To answer the question directly: me, of course. I've gotten pissed, I've done stupid things, I've always claimed responsibility for them. (it especially sucks when you have to deal with a girl who's clothes you've...err "ruined"....teenage stories ftl) And you know what? I would have it none other way.

Maybe it's the way my father taught me, I dunno. He's old school, military guy, he always taught me to stand behind my decisions. no matter the outcome. That's why responsibility is always "with me", if I can put it this way. I don't think it's something that should be kept for "important" moments. You're either responsible or you're not, that's it. There's no middle ground. That's why I'm not quick to make promises. I think about it, if I can do it - I promise and do it. If not, I don't promise at all.

Same question, 'cause I think it's a good one.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:11 pm

I agree that the responsibility lies solely with the individual if they've been drinking. I don't even drink for one main reason: alcohol is a drug, regardless of anyone's views of legality. In any case, I do not feel that an individual can be given any slack if they do something wrong while drunk or under the influence of any other drug. In the end, they're the one who chose to drink, thus they accepted the responsibility of actions should they lose control.

I'm still intrigued by the subject as well, so would the next person like to add their view on the subject of responsibility coupled with drinking?
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:21 pm

My opinion on the matter suffice to say is anyone who drinks is both an idiot of major proportions and so responsible for any actions they commit. I don't care if you fucking drunk you still broke my t.v and I am still sending you the bill. Nothing excuses a person of their responsibilities not even alcoholic beverages.

I had enough of this drinking thing, it pisses me off to think of this subject. So heading towards a new tangent. What is your ideal vacation.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Japan. Harajuku. Osaka, in the spring time, when the Sakura are blooming. Smile

If you died and were cremated, where would you want your ashes spread?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:56 am

Somewhere in deep space.

(Same question, because I find it interest...)
If you died and were cremated, where would you want your ashes spread?
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:58 am

I would want my ashes spread in a place that never has felt the flames of war. A truly peaceful place were the only sounds are birds and wind off the treetops. It doesn't really matter where as long as those criteria are fulfilled.

Would you give up your life so that many more could live in peace and eventual happiness.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:52 pm

In theory, it sounds like a wonderful thing to do. But I honestly don't think I would. I am a selfish person, and I don't think I could sacrifice myself for almost anything. I'm the type of person who is very kind, but if I had the option to kill a random person for a million dollars (I'm thinking that movie 'the box') I would probably do it. I don't think that it makes me cruel, but honest and realistic.
Hopefully, I will never have to make that choice.

What is the absolute worst thing you would do for a million dollars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 pm

Easy, sell out one's honor. i would rather die then know I sold out my own virtues and principals. You can offer me all the money in the world, you can beat me, starve me but I will never sell myself out. A coward dies a thousand deaths.

What is more important to you life or honor?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:50 pm

Hmmmm...

I would have to say Honor. Personally, what is a life worth living if you have to give up everything that you value in order to retain it?

Cookies or cake?
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:02 am

I'd like to say neither, because I'm trying to stop eating so much of those...but I guess it would be cakes.

What is honor to you? What does it stand for (etc)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Honour. Yes a good question. Honour has many aspects and all of them are worthy of an essay of their own, something which I have neither the time nor the will to do at present. So I'll just mention some of the most important things, when it comes to my views. Honour is the following - courage, respect, honesty and responsibility, qualities which are intertwined with each other.

Courage. I have heard many people saying that they "aren't afraid", I call bollocks on all that. They are either lying, or utter fools. Everyone is afraid of something. Be it an appointment at the dentist or standing up to that bully in school. What's important is overcoming that fear, not allowing it to rule over you. Everyone is afraid, but having the force of will to set aside that fear, not many can boast that. You cannot be responsible, honest or respected if you lack courage.

Respect. We all know the saying about respect, it is not deserved, but earned and all that. That is fine. But what I consider the essence of respect is this: respect for oneself. You cannot respect yourself if you do not respect others, which is required for them to respect you in turn. Only when you respect and are respected, can you truly respect your own self. Needles to say, it goes hand to hand with the other qualities mentioned.

Honesty. A lot of people prefer...what was the saying? "Omitting the truth" to make certain matters easier. Be it a lack of homework, or something more serious - like a relationship, it is often more easy and painless to simply lie. That is not what a courageous person would do, that is not what a person worthy of respect would do, neither will one who is responsible. You have to look the heart of the matter in the eye (so to speak) and say it for what it is. The truth often hurts and isn't easy, but ultimately, I have come to believe that people who lie cannot truly respect themselves.

Responsibility. Keeping your word, not shying away from the mistakes you've made and all that. Responsibility is being given power and not abusing it. We already said more than enough for this particular quality, so I do not think recalling all that serves any purpose (especially when it is on the same page).

So yeah, that is what honour means to me. Can I class myself as an honourable person? I dunno, I'd like to believe that I am one, but ultimately - that is for those around me to decide.

Same question. (I'm not feeling overly creative today)

Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:23 pm

For me Honor is deeply rooted in my skills and abilities as a martial artist. It is a systemic code I follow not to the letter but to the spirit. It is about honestly expressing oneself. One does not need to be a saint to have honer. In fact many of the most honorable people in history and today couldn't be called saints even by the loosest definition of the word. Yet they were honest with the world about their desires and ambitions. And in the end in it is the that is honesty even if that ambition means walking a road paved with corpses. For me Honor is staying true to oneself and one's principals no matter what they may be. If one stands tall before the world and refuses to back down no matter what, that is what I cal Honor. A true fearlessness where the bullshit of the everyday world doesn't matter. Honor is that.

Better the Devil you know or the Devil you don't?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Since the Devil you don't know about doesn't actually guarantee a devil. I'd rather explore a new option, then live with something that I know is bad. It may turn out to be that I thought only thought the grass was greener on the other side, but if I'm in a bad situation I'd rather seek a new one until I find a good one.

How disciplined are you? Is it something you priorities?

Back to top Go down

Post by Narubia Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Hmm disciplined. I can be very disciplined, especially when it comes in the form of work and the law. This I have to be considering life in laboratory doesn't allow for many mistakes to occur, especially when they can cause harm. At home however, I'm trying to get better, however, I slip back into super relax mode, thanks to my partner who can cook and clean. I know it's terrible, however, I've always considered home to be someplace you need to relax, to get away from the stresses of work.

So I guess I would be half and half. I think.

As a child, did you have a favourite stuffed animal/toy that you never let anyone else have? What was it and do you still have it?
Narubia
Narubia
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:04 pm

Not really, but I do have this stuffed rabbit named (smartly enough) Bunny. I became oddly attached to her last year when I realized something I was really looking forward to wouldn't be possible. Hmm.

What is your favourite salad dressing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Ranch. I've never been fond of the vinegary taste of Italian and have never been moved to try any others. And I use it for just about anything, not just salad. I find it especially goes well with things that contain tomato sauce, like pizza, hot pockets, meatballs, etc.

What's your favorite type of roller-coaster/amusement park ride?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:29 am

Well in Vancouver British Columbia, Canada which about roughly 90 minutes from where I live depending on traffic they hold a sort of fair called the PNE. And a staple of the PNE is the ride called the Hellavator. Which is a tower shaped ride that takes you fucking high rather slowly. Then it plunges you down at breakneck speeds. The ride has all sort of medical warnings you have to listen to before they let you ride. But it is awesome although I am not one for amusement park rides. Although the wooden roller coaster at the PNE comes a close second.

What is your favorite carnival food?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Narubia Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:34 am

Fairy Floss. Only cuz everything else is deep fried and makes me feel ill.

What/who is your favourite animated character???
Narubia
Narubia
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:27 am

Dante son of Sparda, the only man who could kick Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, John Wayne, and Yoda's ass all at the same time.

Same Question.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:57 am

Well, favorites change with series that I watch but ones I have always consistently liked were Sousuke Sagara from Fullmetal Panic and Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing. Those are the two that I have liked for years and watched the series over a few times. Some of my other newer favorites are Zero from Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and Light Yagami from Death Note. I have a lot of other characters that I like but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

What was or is your favorite show on TV and why?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:24 pm

I'm going to include anime in this, cause I don't watch much T.V in my daily life. Although if I had to pick an American show, it would be Glee.
My favourite show would be Sukisho - not many people have heard of it but it is, by far, the best anime in my opinion. That or Naruto. Cause I'm a huge Naruto fan and spend way to much money on that franchise. And Deathnote...
lol I have too many favourites!

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Only one? Awwwww...

Honestly, I think it would be the ability to fly. I sort of have a thing with heights, and while not really afraid of them, tend to avoid the whole 'being in a place where I can fall to my death' thing. Flying would simply eliminate that concern for me, and I would love to simply show off to all the people stuck in rush hour. Suckers!

If you could meet one superhero, who would it be?
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm tired of only answering one question, especially when there are a lot of good ones! So here goes! All the questions on this page so far! xD

Mekeup
Depends. I prefer that girls keep things natural instead of buying into the doll culture. Why can't they be beautiful as they are? They have to be like that some of the time anyway.

I mean a little subtlety, perhaps, I'm fine with. I just can't stand the lipstick and the eye shadow and the eye liner that looks like it's been done with a calligraphy brush. *sigh* Culture.

Responsibility
Absolutely. Own your decisions. Nod

Ideal Vacation
Visiting all my online friends and getting to know them in person. Maybe do some fun stuff together, since it's a vacation. xD

Cremains
I've actually thought about this one before. I don't like the urn thing or spreading the ashes around. So I thought of an EPIC thing to do instead. xD I'd want my ashes forged as an alloy with some other metal -- maybe iron or something -- and made into things for family and friends to wear or keep around. ^^ Wouldn't that be awesome (if perhaps a little creepy)? Have some sort of ash/iron bracelet or medallion or sculpture made from a loved one's cremated ashes. [surfer voice] Radical... [/surfer voice]

Sacrificing Your Life
I don't like the idea. No one should have to die so millions can live. One should try to save everyone. If they all live in peace and all that, even still. Besides, such a situation would never arise. It's impossible to guarantee that, through your death, many people will live in peace.

If it was for a close friend or a loved one, on the other hand, that's totally different. Putting your life on the line for someone you love is a good thing.

I mark a difference between risking your life and sacrificing your life. If the situation is that a bunch of strangers will ONLY be saved and live happily if YOU DIE, then some villain is lying to you and will probably kill everyone else anyway. If the situation is that you know you MIGHT very well die if you try to save everyone, then there's a chance you'll succeed, and if you love everyone then you should take it.

Now, some people might say "Well, Jesus sacrificed himself for everyone." That, too, is a different situation. He wasn't saving lives, he was saving souls by paying a price in blood (the only blood that could cover all creation, since he was the one who created it). In addition, he wasn't really sacrificing himself because he didn't lose his soul in the process, and he knew beforehand how it would turn out. None of us would have that knowledge.

Worst Act for $1,000,000
If someone's offering me a million dollars to do something, first of all I'd read the fine print. As to what it would be... I really have no idea. I suppose I'd do absolutely anything for $1,000,000 as long as it is not:
  • Damaging
  • Dangerous
  • Defiling
  • Sinful

The worst possible thing I could think of that falls under those qualifications...?
On the spot...? I dunno... dig up a few hundred square acres of unowned lawn and toss dandelion seeds on the whole thing. Razz

Life or Honor
Death before Dishonor? Nah. You can always get honor back, I suppose. Depends on the situation, I guess. Depends on what sort of dishonor. If it's not permanent, I'll choose Life, thank you. ^^

So, I guess Life is more important to me than plain Honor. If you're dead, you no longer have the chance to do something about it.

If there's something bad you have to do to EARN the Dishonor, that's different. Like if you have to superlatively violate your conscience to preserve you life, that's not worth it. But if, for example, dishonor is being forced on you and all you could do to prevent it was die, I think that's silly.

Cookies or Cake
Cookies. Cake is low on the list of desserts I like.

What is Honor
As a noun, I agree with Blackrock.
As a verb, it's putting what Blackrock said in action. It's respecting, defending, confiding in, and siding with another person.

Devil known or unknown?[b]
Neither. Conquer both.

[b]Self-Discipline

In some things I am and in some things I amn't. (hah, I just coined a new word.) I'm very disciplined in video games, for example. Razz And I like to think I'm disciplined in the big things that are important to me, like family. As for other things, even hobbies like writing, I'm often appalled at how undisciplined I can be.

Stuffed Animals
I have all my stuffed animals. They all have names, and I still love them all, even though sadly I rarely play with them anymore. (yay for little kids who also play with toy animals; I like to join them sometimes.)
My favorite of all time I have unfortunately lost, many years back. It was a fox about 2-3 feet long. I was pretty little, and he was perfect for hugging tightly. ^^
Other than the unnamed fox, my favorite is Creamie Banana Splitt. He's the most adorable beige bear with pink feet and a bow tie, and the most endearing smile I've ever come across.
Second favorite is my oldest one: Blooper. He's white (well, gray, now) with faint green and orange plaid stripes.
Both bears have similar blue eyes. Creamie is about a foot tall, and Blooper is a couple inches taller than that. Blooper used to have a velcro spot on his thumb that'd go in his mouth, but it doesn't work well anymore. xD
Other stuffed animals of mine include:
Wartsy (a tiny TY warthog beanie-baby)
Peanutbutter (foot-long stuffed lion)
Lemon (bright yellow and black sitting tiger)
Armor (armadillo)
I had a killer whale that I liked, but I forget the name
Monkabi (a yellow, orange and green lion I won at the Puyallup fair)
Silver (a Precious Moments gray cat beanie baby)
Onyx (a stuffed black cat similar in size to Silver)
Snickers (a brown bear about Blooper's size)
Chesster (a foot-tall dalmatian in sitting position)
Venom (a bright green lizard beanie baby, a much-loved birthday present)

So yeah. ^^ I've had many others, and I still have more than I've listed, but those are the main ones.

Salad Dressing
Ranch. ^^

Favorite Rollercoaster / Ride
Rollercoaster. As big as possible without going vertical or upside-down.
Actually the Timberhawk is awesome. Google it. ^^

Carnival Food
Not sure. Too expensive. Very Happy

Favorite Animated Character
Oooooh, good and hard question. I haven't really thought about it. Does 3D animation count? I guess I'll go with Link. ^^
For 2D... in Animation or Anime... I guess.........
Off the top of my head, I think I'll go with Alex Row from the anime series Last Exile, voiced by Crispin Freeman.

Favorite TV Show
I don't watch much TV, so I'll do like alexknyde and add anime tv series that I watch, in which case I suppose I'd have to go with Naruto, since it's basically the only one, besides Last Exile on DVD.

Have a Superpower
Flight would only get me in trouble. X-ray vision can only be put to dirty use. I'll go with Telekinesis. It's versatile, and I might even be able to fly anyway, using that -- plus it's like the Force. ^^

Meet a Superhero
Hummmm....
Spider-man, 'cause he'd be cool to hang out with.

And now, at last, a question of my own. ^^
If a superhero were to become normal to, say, marry you, who would you want it to be? Toward which superhero, turned normal, would you be romantically inclined?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:34 am

Oh my gosh that's a hard one. Uhm, uhm... I don't know much about american super heroes lol
Cat woman?? lol Electra?

Who is your favourite foreign music artist?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:54 pm

Hmmm...considering I'm Swedish I have A lot to choose from. If I can go for someone that have passed away I'm going with Freddy Mercury. Otherwise...Gary Moore (is he alive? I don't know...).

What's your favorite climate? Temperature, nature, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Mm I love snow, mainly because I live where its hot ..all the time. So I like snow, but I prefer a temperature that is just right. So that I can go sailing, kayaking, or play vollyball on the beach. Fun temperature, right now its too hot to do anything outside really.

Whats your favorite pizza topping?

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Cheese and pepperoni all the way! I like to keep it simple and yummy.

And it should be garlic-y. Lots of garlic. Mm-mm.

Would you ever want to see a tornado?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next