FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Rock OOC

Go down

The Black Rock OOC Empty The Black Rock OOC

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:55 pm

The Black Rock OOC Black_Rock_%28full%29
The Black Rock

Background:
The Black Rock is a fan fiction role play based off of the television series, LOST. The Black Rock is the name of a ship that was found in the middle of the mysterious island that the series is based off of.

In our story, the ship was initially taken by pirates upon its disappearance in 1881. The 15 pirates held control of the ship for about 15 years. Their last port was somewhere along the west coast of Africa, where they picked up Anum and his slaves.

Note: We are keeping this story as accurate as possible with the information that is provided to us. It is likely that as season 6 progresses, the theories we have chosen to comply with will be proven wrong and therefore will no longer be accurate with the show.

Plot:
It is 1896, and the ship and crew have been stranded on the island. The characters must survive it while trying to find a way off of the island.

Major Characters:

Katherine Letha Hanso "Kaylee" -
Daughter of the original Captain of the Black Rock, she and her father were taken captive by pirates in 1881. The rest of the original crew were slaughtered, but for reasons currently unknown, the Captain and his daughter were spared. She was raised as a pirate, and has no more of a relationship with her father than she does with the rest of the crew.

Magnus Hanso: Owner of the New World Sea Traders company in the British Empire, Magnus Hanso, a former ship captain, took up again the mantle of leadership to lead what was supposedly a trading mission to the Kingdom of Siam. According to traders of Papa New Guinea, the Black Rock sailed east instead of west on the return journey, where they should have gone to return to port in Britain. The ship disappeared shortly after with its crew of 40 and an unknown number of slaves. The Black Rock ledger, Magnus Hanso's journal, was discovered seven years later on an island off the coast of Madagascar.
At some point, Magnus Hanso had somehow obtained the location of an island that supposedly contained unimaginable treasures. He discovered this information somewhere near Egypt, where he captured a man by the name of Ricardos Alpert. Ricardos was brought aboard the Black Rock and shackled along with the slaves below deck.
When the Black Rock was captured by pirates, Magnus bartered his and his daughter's lives for the location of the island. Magnus allowed his daughter to be trained as a pirate, and he treated her as such, refraining from giving her love and attention. As a result, they have grown apart and are nothing more than members of the crew.
After fifteen years of searching, Magnus, with Ricardos' help, has located the island.

Anum - Anum is the fifth born son, a symbol of bad luck among his people. He is a slave trader who has taken his property aboard the Black Rock in an attempt to smuggle the slaves out of Africa for illegal trade.

Keeping track of the cast:

16 Pirates:
  • Magnus Hanso
  • Kaylee
  • Nathan
  • Anum
  • 2 unnamed lost at sea
  • 10 more crew- unnamed

24 Slaves:
  • Richard
  • 1 unnamed slave killed by Nathan

Outside Viewers

Feel free to post in the OOC with any questions or comments related to The Black Rock RP, LOST theories, or just LOST in general!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

The Black Rock OOC Empty Re: The Black Rock OOC

Post by Gadreille Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Silv, will you post please? Even that little bit that you have written? I'm desperate to continue...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:15 am

I was thinking maybe we should start writing shorter posts. I can always get a little bit in...but I ran out of ideas, or I just don't know where I want to go with the story. If we write shorter posts I might be able to get out what I want more clearly. At least for now. I mean, you can write long posts still if you want, but I might stick to three or four short paragraphs now, at least until I get a better feel for where I want this story to go. Or you do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:20 am

Hey, Ryona, I want to talk to you about the next post...but I always forget in person. So, here are my questions.

1. Do you have anything in mind for what we will find on the ship? Anum didn't see anyone the first time, but anyone could have come back between his first visit and now. If you don't have any ideas, I think it will remain derelict.

2. How do you want your character to react to the ship? Is she going to explore it and look for something? Or is she just wanting to get a look at its current state and figure out where they are?

Let me know, here or in person, so I can continue our wonderful story Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down