FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Heaven

2 posters

Go down

Black Heaven Empty Black Heaven

Post by fragilefigure Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm interested in doing an RP that takes place in Heaven, where we play two people (souls) who have died and by some twist of fate have ended up in the same Heaven, when each soul usually have their own.

In this world, Heaven isn't as wonderful as people think it is. Heaven is a constant playback of events that transpired in the soul's life, so the soul has to observe moments either happy or terrible. Because the two souls ended up together, they each can see eachother's memories, and therefore are forever unable to escape the other's presence or critisism.

I want there to be some twist, though. A way for the souls to stop the constant time loops so that they may move on to the Nothingness, which is the eternal blackness after both death AND the soul's perishment.

Let me know if you are interested! Smile
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Black Heaven Empty Re: Black Heaven

Post by Hisoka Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:08 pm

I'll admit this has piqued my interest.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:06 am

Wonderful. Very Happy Would you like some more details? Any questions? Of course, this idea is not very detailed yet, so if you join in, you will be able to adjust and create as well.
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:41 pm

My first question I suppose would be deciding exactly what twist of fate brought these two souls together in the same heaven. Do they know each in some sort of capacity, i.e friends, lovers, etc. Or do these two individuals have some sort of link, like dying in the same way or place. Or do these two souls live a similar lifestyle.

My second question would perhaps be of the more mundane aspects. Exactly what does this so called Heaven they are trapped in look like,or is it's shape and form dependent on the memory being witnessed. Secondly since they are stuck in a cycle of reliving memories time and time again exactly what order do the memories take place. I.e is it a sort of cradle to the grave thing or do only significant memories get relived and are those significant memories in chronological order. Or does it jump willy nilly. And do both set of memories get relived at the same time or is there some sort of order, i.e person 1 memory is relieved then person 2.

And last are these souls aware they are dead, that they are merely reliving old memories. Or does it seem real to them, like they are trapped in the past.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:35 pm

The twist of fate is totally undecided. It could be a link, like dying in the same place, but they shouldn't know eachother. Or, actually, since they are souls they might not KNOW they knew eachother until sufficient memories described it to them.

This just came to mind, but it might be off the wall. Maybe one of the souls was the murderer of the other, and the murderer killed him/herself soon after. Of course, the murdurer wouldn't want to talk about how terrible he was, so only the memories would be able to unveil the secret. He probably wouldn't know that was the person he had killed, either.

If you like that idea, sweet. If not, we can always decide that later. Razz

As to Heaven's form, it would look exactly like the memory they are in. It would be like a three dimensional movie - they would be standing right next to the action, but completely unable to affect it. In my mind, the memories would be related to what the soul was actually thinking about, even if it was subconciously. For example, a seemingly unrelated memory of homemade cookies might come up while they are talking about their home life.

Also, usually only one person's memory would play at one time, but since they share a Heaven, their memories might overlap and create some wonderful/horrifying new memories.

Lastly, I think they would be aware they are dead, although sometimes they might get lost in certain memories...
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:56 pm

I suppose I am alright with the this link between the two souls. But exactly what is the motivation for person 1 to kill person 2. I mean every single murderer has a reason, as messed up as it may be from time to time. Is it some sort of relationship gone bad, did person 2 owe person 1 money, was person 1 merely a hired gun. I mean the reason would have to be a emotional one since Person 1 committed suicide shortly after.

When you say lost exactly what is the symbolize there. Like lost as in lost watching a good movie, or actually lost like they can't tell it's only a memory and to them the life they lived is gone from after the memory they are trapped in....that was a run on sentence if I ever seen one.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:18 am

Well the motivation would be up to whomever actually plays the murderer, right?

I don't know about you, but I'm more of a 'discover as you write' sort of person. Razz

And by lost, it would mean that yes, they believe they are living in the memory once again, because of how vivid it is.
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:26 pm

I suppose you are right, but I will say this. A hardened serial killer doesn't commit suicide because of guilt over a victim. Suicide is the last resort of the desperate and is never undertaken simply for the hell of it.

I prefer some thing be written in stone and ground rules set forth. This way misunderstandings will never happen, for misunderstandings are simply a waste of time.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:30 pm

It doesn`t have to be a serial killer - it could of even been an accident.

But yes, there should be ground rules, at least.

What would you be interested in, plot wise? There has to be some conflict between the two characters, else wise it will quickly become boring.
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Still suicide is a bit much even from an accidental killing. I mean the murderer would have to be emotionally sensitive to quite a degree and already somewhat unhinged to even entertain suicide as an early option. Most normal people of even some emotional sensitivity wouldn't even think of a guilt driven suicide let alone actually go through with it.

But I do agree we need conflict of some sort. And I am not opposed to the murderer victim link but I just need a more satisfying reason as to why they died within a close amount of time to each other. Maybe the murderer didn't mean to become a murderer as you suggested, a sort of accident. Lets say for example the murderer was at first a bank robber, and the victim can either be a clerk at the bank or one of the people doing their banking. These things being what they are it turned sour fast. Seeing no other way out the murderer turned to taking a hostage, our victim. Using said victim the murderer attempted to bargain for his freedom. And of course no dice there, so in a sort of pushed past the breaking the point he or she shoots our victim, killing them. Without a hostage the police sniper has a clear shot and.....BANG.... one dead hostage murdering banker robber to add to the count.

What do you think?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:51 pm

That sounds quite good, actually. I wouldn't mind that at all.

So we're good?
fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:38 pm

I suppose so, any remaining plot and character issues can be ironed in the OOC.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fragilefigure Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:42 pm

fragilefigure
fragilefigure
Shadow
Shadow