FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings, Salutations and Good Evening.

+9
Lara
Igraine
Dio the Awesome
Seer
[Soma]
Fate Flyer
Inerio
Adrius Frostglare
Bad Kitty
13 posters

Go down

Greetings, Salutations and Good Evening. Empty Greetings, Salutations and Good Evening.

Post by Bad Kitty Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm Bad Kitty, you can call me Bad. Or Kitty. No hugs, please, not even if you like my Avatar.

For some bizarre reason I received an invitation to this place from an old account I happen to have on a different site. I assume that this is normal, and not a sign that the Kitty is being stalked by persons unknown. I prefer to be the one to do the stalking, and that's usually only a brief stalking of a thread I like the look of, or to search out some posts to get a taste of the way someone writes.

I've been disappointed so often with regards to writing. Occasionally, I end up disappointing myself with writer's block, which is a singularly unpleasant sensation.

My strengths used to lie in description; making a scene so vivid and real that it was almost possible to visualise yourself stepping into the action to interact with my character(s). Unfortunately, with the recent lull I've experienced with regards to writing, I'm very out of practice. Maybe I'll be able to relearn those old techniques here and shock your socks off.

I like socks. I collect them. Now, where was I, before your socks distracted me?

Oh! Yes. I was meandering off the point, and getting ready to wrap up the introduction.

Lastly, I do enjoy a good fight now and again. I used to keep a few deceptively weak-seeming characters around, specifically to surprise the occasional god-modding little bastard with their cookie-cutter uber demon characters. That used to be good for a laugh or two, until it turned out that they always learned nothing from being shaken down so hard that their teeth rattled. But, again, I haven't done that for a long time now, and I hope I don't have to do it here.

So, I think that about wraps things up. My old preference in roleplay is in my Profile, but any type of scenario will be fine. I always needed to branch out.

Annnd.... that about covers things. I think.
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Greetings, Salutations and Good Evening. Empty Re: Greetings, Salutations and Good Evening.

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:33 pm

Bad Kitty wrote:I'm Bad Kitty, you can call me Bad. Or Kitty. No hugs, please, not even if you like my Avatar.

DAMMIT why did I have to be a cat person?!

Hi, welcome to FOG Smile

...Please let me hug you/r Avatar.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Greetings, Salutations and Good Evening. Empty Re: Greetings, Salutations and Good Evening.

Post by Inerio Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:36 pm

Lastly, I do enjoy a good fight now and again. I used to keep a few deceptively weak-seeming characters around, specifically to surprise the occasional god-modding little bastard with their cookie-cutter uber demon characters. That used to be good for a laugh or two, until it turned out that they always learned nothing from being shaken down so hard that their teeth rattled. But, again, I haven't done that for a long time now, and I hope I don't have to do it here.

I love you.

No seriously, I think I love you. : |
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:36 pm

Hey Bad Kitty! Welcome to FOG. Oh, and don't worry - invitations are pretty common, as we try to find people that we think may enjoy what we have to offer here.

I'm sorry that you've gotten a bit out of practice, but simply judging by your introduction, I think you should probably give yourself the benefit of the doubt. :]

Lol I find that pretty hilarious about your supposedly weak characters you would use against those persons that enjoyed godmoding. I'm sure we all have come across those people that like having all-powerful, omnipotent characters and have all been annoyed by it. XD I hope that that will not be the case here. We do have a no godmoding rule in place here, additionally.

Well, welcome, again! I hope you enjoy yourself here.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:44 pm

Elo, welcome.
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Kitty Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:18 am

Oh, my! How utterly surprising; in the time it took me to find a more suitable avatar, my intro thread has been looked at and replied to.

Adrius Frostglare wrote:
Bad Kitty wrote:I'm Bad Kitty, you can call me Bad. Or Kitty. No hugs, please, not even if you like my Avatar.

DAMMIT why did I have to be a cat person?!

Hi, welcome to FOG Smile

...Please let me hug you/r Avatar.

As long as you don't mind having a frantic Kitty clawing at you, go ahead. I'm sure my signature makes mention of the word 'Squishy'. Also Evil.

Inerio wrote:

I love you.

No seriously, I think I love you. : |

Thank you. I... love you too. I think. But only if you have cookies, or a catnip mouse.

Fate Foretold wrote:Hey Bad Kitty! Welcome to FOG. Oh, and don't worry - invitations are pretty common, as we try to find people that we think may enjoy what we have to offer here.

I'm sorry that you've gotten a bit out of practice, but simply judging by your introduction, I think you should probably give yourself the benefit of the doubt. :]

Lol I find that pretty hilarious about your supposedly weak characters you would use against those persons that enjoyed godmoding. I'm sure we all have come across those people that like having all-powerful, omnipotent characters and have all been annoyed by it. XD .

I always strive to entertain other people, and they in turn entertain me with their reactions, observations and replies. It keeps the Kitty occupied, like chasing an intriguing tail, or playing with something that moves interestingly. As to godmodding, omnipotent characters, the players of said characters are usually too wrapped up in being big and powerful and blustering to notice the subtle, little things. Such as snow turning to water if warmed enough, or that the little, beeping tracking transmitter can be used to help bigger, nastier things to target them.

In the end, it's these subtleties that end up being their downfall: they can't get out of them unless they obviously cheat to do so, so they simply leave the thread they were bringing to ruin. The Kitty hates giving these people his attention, but it makes for an amusing few posts.

Fate Foretold wrote:
I hope that that will not be the case here. We do have a no godmoding rule in place here, additionally.

Well, welcome, again! I hope you enjoy yourself here

I hope so too. On both counts.

CyB3r PuNk wrote:Elo, welcome.

Elo. Thank you.
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:20 am

Don't say hello back, are you insane!

You might get me killed!
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Kitty Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:21 am

!

I like you. You're incredibly silly.
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:39 am

I enjoy being annoying, also I'm useful for information, some times useless information.

Being silly would be doing the following.

*does a triple back flip and rides the nice martian named Fate Foretold*"giddy up!"
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:11 am

In my experience, the best way to handle a cat is to grab their face and watch the hilarity ensue. Or trap them under the laundry basket...and then whip out the laser pointer.

Welcome to FOG. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seer Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:18 pm

Hello and welcome to FOG. Your the first person I have welcome yet, being new myself and all. You seem like a pretty fun person so I hope to see you in an rp soon. I should probably say something funny here, but alas, I have nothing. All the funny genes went past me for the moment. Ah well. Hope you have fun here! ^^
Seer
Seer
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://pathlesstraveled.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:52 pm

GREETING SALUTATIONS AND GOOD EVENING?

My good sir, you've broken FoG ninth rule of having to many greetings in one post. I'm going to have to confiscate your fingers. Let's see you try and break the law with no fingers!

Guards! Take him away!

Warriror "Yes yer Honor!" Warriror

Oh, and welcome. Welcome to the boards!

HAHAHAH!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:07 pm

Ah, the anticlimatic welcome that always follows one of Diodri's...

Anyway *dons thick leather work gloves, resists urge to hug Kitty, but simply scratches behind ear* Welcome to FOG Wink
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:12 pm

I just copy pasted this cuz I'm lazy.

It's okay, some of my greetings do actually suck. -_-
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Kitty Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Oh, dear. I see I'm surrounded by many more insanely creative people than I'm used to. I feel like a cat in a catnip-candy factory: I don't know which way to turn first. I'm going to have to either randomly click threads, and see if they appeal to me, or run screaming into the night from creativity overload.

Maybe I should get someone to flip a coin?
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Randomly clicking threads sounds like a grand old time. Smile
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Kitty Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Running screaming into the night is very much fun also. Hence my dilemma.
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:01 pm

Welcome to the FOG, littel kitteh! Coolio

I LOVE you're your avatar. In a vengeful, evil, MUAHAHAHA sort of way. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Kalon_Ordona_II on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Kitty Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Nuuuh! Must..! resist..! urge..!

It's 'your' for ownership. You've put 'you're' for 'you are'.

Goddammit! You see what you made me do? I broke my new year's resolution to quit correcting people's grammar. I was so close. D:
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:33 pm

ACK!!!!
NOOOOOooooooo!!! *dies*

*resurrects* *edits*

Edit:
Edit complete!
DON'T feel ashamed, my ally! Let us go forth and rid the world of bad grammar!! :medievalfight:

I have invented:
The Constructive Corrector's Corner! ^_^
All you do is, in RP OOCs, say something like....

Constructive Corrector's Corner!
=D
Kalon_Ordona_II wrote:I love you're avvy.
Use "your" instead of "you're" for the second-person singular possessive.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Bad Kitty wrote:Nuuuh! Must..! resist..! urge..!

It's 'your' for ownership. You've put 'you're' for 'you are'.

Goddammit! You see what you made me do? I broke my new year's resolution to quit correcting people's grammar. I was so close. D:

Not to worry, we have many other grammar lifeguards on duty; I swear, Kathryn had a sixth sense for those things. I hereby give you permission to point out grammatical mistakes in my posts (there are occasions where my mind and my fingers do not work together), I just might start keeping tally of which of you are quicker to the punch.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:15 pm

I never greeted you...ahem, your gift is a special part 3 of Dio and Abe, Christmas-style.

Dio & Abraham Lincoln, part 3

It was quiet all through the house, not a person was stirring, not even a mouse. Dio and Abe were currently up in their bedroom, discussing the war that had just gotten over with the Vikings. "Oh Abe, I've missed you so" Dio stated passionately, romantically. "I have missed you too Dio.." Abe stated solmenly, then firmly pressed his lips up against the forum-goer's mouth.

Obviously, the Dio had little other choice then to return the favor, and their Christmas day was spent with a rather good gift.

FIN

Sad Sorry for it being shorter then the others.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:53 pm

I have yet to find and read part 1. Sad

Where is it?
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Shocked

Suspect

Hmm

Disgust

Am I missing something? Rolling Eyes

If Dio refers to the Dio from FOG, and Dio didn't come up with this himself, it seems... untoward. Neutral
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:59 pm

What's untoward mean?

And part 1...it's in one of the other welcome threads o_O

Part 1, last post
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:56 pm

Welcome to FoG, Bad Kitty.

Don't mind the vast majority of FoGgers. They're mostly crazed lunatics on the hunt for fresh meat to torment.

I'm surprised I was mentioned in this thread, and I never knew it until now. I really have been getting behind with welcoming newcomers. Loki is only mildly correct. I have a passion for grammar, and I often correct others' mistakes. Perhaps it seems I have a sixth sense for such things, but I consider it to be more of a knack for grammar, as I make my own mistakes all time.

Together, we could be an unbeatable team of grammar Nazis! :: coughs :: I mean... um... Yeeeaaaah....

Welcome to FoG! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Kathryn! Thanks for reminding me, I was getting hungry!

*goes to look for Bad Kitty, for fresh meat you see*
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down