FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings and salutations!

+2
The Ghost Writer
Fenchurch
6 posters

Go down

Greetings and salutations! Empty Greetings and salutations!

Post by Fenchurch Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:43 am

Wooo! I'm so excited to write and play with you all this summer and follow in the ghostly and preternaturally-trod footsteps of this elite role play community. Feelings of awesomeness and anticipation rise in a cloud of gastrointestinal butterflies.

I'm a passionate writer with moderate RP experience (hoping to earn some here on FoG). I can do the writing, but the etiquette of a forum and the nuances of the systems on it are mostly still new to me. I'm also a martial artist and gamer, and I like to do my nails. As for genres I like mild sci-fi and fantasy and ghosty stuff.

Good to meet you all!
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Greetings and salutations! Empty Re: Greetings and salutations!

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:13 am

Wow! I've never seen such words in an introduction before. I've never seen "a cloud of gastrointestinal butterflies" either. I believe you'll have no trouble fitting in here.

Welcome to FoG, Fenchurch! I'm one of the global moderators here. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the eerie-blue, bloody-vanilla, skinned-peach, or ectoplasm-green people (<--- that's a link; don't let the colors fool you).

Have a nice day! And if you hear of anything regarding candy conspiracies, please contact my private investigator firm immediately.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:30 am

Hello, hello! Welcome, Fenchurch, to FoG. :] I really and digging your avatar! That Gengar art is both spooky and awesome.

It'll be nice to have more time this summer to jump back into some role-playing. I'm sure you'll find lots of people here eager to do so as well! That's cool that you're into ghostly stuff. Very Happy Me too.

Enjoy yourself!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Welcome new Fogian Brother. (See what I did there? New word. Entirely awesomely appropriate.) I hope you have fun here and make friends with many of us. I know I can always enjoy a person who themselves enjoys a good horror or two. :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Let's see...you obviously like Pokemon based on your avatar, you're a martial artist, and you're a gamer?! Can we be friends please? Because I'm all of those things too!

Anyway, welcome to FoG, Fenchurch! You're definitely in the right place to get some more role-playing experience. Like Ghost Writer said, if you have any question, please don't hesitate to ask any of the staff. We'll be fighting to deliver the lengthy answer first! Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenchurch Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:00 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Question: How do I save a thread to my favorites if I want to keep track of new posts?

Side note - I'm so down, Sylvan. Okay, so... original 150 are the best, I'm 3rd dan in Taekwondo, and Legend of Zelda (my fave is Majora's Mask) for the win. Sound good to you? :)
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:34 am

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm I think it's an automatic setting if you post in a topic, you'll be subscribed to it. If that's what you want, check your preferences and make sure that's the setting.

Otherwise, go to the bottom of a page, and right before the quick reply box, on the right side, there should be a link to watch a topic or unwatch a topic. :3

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:09 am

Alternatively you can also scroll to the top of each thread and click the small "Actions!" link, then click "Add to Favourites" in the second section. Favourites and Watched Topics basically do the same thing. One can be controlled via the preferences tab in your UCP and check box below the advanced post editor; the later can be controlled only through the Actions! menu in a thread, or by deletion in the Favourites tab of your UCP.

I can't remember if Favourited items offer e-mail updates, but you can certainly try (though for that, I would just stick with the default Watch Topics option).
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:33 am

Sounds very good, Fenchurch! Yes, original 150 are the best, though I also have a soft spot for the Johto crew because that's when I got into Pokemon. I'm only a 1st dan in Tae Kwon Do, but my mom is going for her 3rd dan in the fall. I haven't played much Legend of Zelda (Bad, I know...), but my favorite game of all time is Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:37 pm

ZELDA FAN!! Hyper

Welcome to the FOG, Fenchurch!
I can't beLIEVE how late I am to this party! Do the forgivings, please. Smile

I think we're all going to love having you around, just from first impressions. I guess everyone already covered the basics, so I'll just add my welcomings and well-wishingfulness. Here's to many marvelous misty memories. cheers

I am so all over Majora's Mask. They say it's a love or hate among fans, and I'm the LOVE! Thumbs Up I do like Twilight Princess and *yells from a distance* Ocarina of Time -ime -ime -ime..!! Wind Waker, too; I don't dislike it, and I even love the sailing, but I just like the others more. n_n

Anyway, yeah, WELCOME! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down