FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's talk about...COMICS!

4 posters

Go down

Let's talk about...COMICS! Empty Let's talk about...COMICS!

Post by Gunneh Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:15 pm

It's time to share your nerdiness with the world! Yes, I'm putting out the call!

COMIC NERDS OF FOG, UNITE!

Got a favorite or least favorite title/hero/villain?

Go ahead and spill yer guts!

Aren't finding what you need from the Big Two anymore?

Why not talk about one the smaller companies?

Don't like a current story arc?

Tell us about it!

I've got to take my leave for right now, but I'll be back soon to see what's happening! Start talking, people Smile
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about...COMICS! Empty Re: Let's talk about...COMICS!

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:33 pm

M'favorite hero/villain...

Well, depends on the comic. For Marvel, Spider-man and Deadpool are very closely tied, though Deadpool being more of an antihero he has his own special spot... so I'd say Spider-man. Favorite Marvel villain... sheesh, many to pick. Methinks Venom, even if he did suck in the Spider-man movie (well, that was more Eddie Brock than the symbiote that sucked, so I don't know)

To top it off, Marvel is my favorite comic book publisher overall.

For D/C, the answer is clear: Joker and Batman. Superman's simply too... eh... I don't know.

REALLY like Spawn. I also like the Dark Horse comics, since they're what really made Aliens vs. Predator awesome... before the movie butchered both franchises. It's limping now.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Daddy Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:01 pm

I read mostly Marvel. I don't judge comics by their publishers it's just that Marvel ones tend to appel to me more.

Anyways it's only recently that I started keeping up with comic books. I mostly read Spider-Man, X-Force, Dark/Mighty/New/Young Avengers, Squadron Supreme, and Thor. I also read the Ultimates but that has really gone downhill since Ultimates 3. One thing I don't like about the Ultimates line is that everyone is an asshole and they kill people off too quick.

I used to read Superman/Batman (the one where they team up) but I got lost track of which issue I last read so I just stopped reading entirely. In my opinion DC needs to start a new continuity like Marvel did with Ultimates, minus the suck. Their whole alternate universe thing really lessened my enjoyment of their stories.

The Conan the Barbarian comics by Darkhorse is pretty good too, I really like the art style. Haven't seen thy release any new ones though.
Thunder Daddy
Thunder Daddy
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:51 pm

ULTIMATUM HAD KILLED MY LOVE FOR THE ULTIMATE UNIVERSE! Seriously though how the hell does Loeb keep getting work. That had to be the worst series I read in 5 years.

In other comicness, dark reign has been fun. It's driven my hate of Norman to a new height. Deadpool and Spidey are still my favorites, though I say the ending of One Last Day still bugs the shit out of me. Captain America is back and I'm torn, I love the character and maybe now Norman will be toppled, but I thought they should leave him dead for a bit longer.

With DC, I prefer the relationship of Two-face and Batman. It's like one of Batman's greatest failures staring him in the face, and Batman knows it. Always makes for a good story. Superman is kind of like Cap, he isn't meant to be dark, but he's suppose to represent how GOOD we can be. He's a man who truly has the weight of the world on his shoulders, and I find it interesting.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down