FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Bit of Detective Work

3 posters

Go down

A Bit of Detective Work Empty A Bit of Detective Work

Post by Lara Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:01 am

So I've got an idea floating around my head, but it would need a bit of work before it could turn into anything...

The basic premise is something like a Murder Mystery RP (where one person is the narrator and everyone else has to figure out who the murderer(s) is/are), only with the roles reversed (meaning one person is trying to figure out something (like a detective), and everyone else knows the answer).

There are a few possibilities that I've thought of for this:

1. Those who know 'who dunnit' can choose to either supply the 'detective' with helpful hints or misleading information, based on what side they choose to be on.
-What I haven't decided is whether people would have to be rooted to either true or false at the start of the game. I can't decide if it would be too difficult to let them swap sides part of the way through.

...Okay, so there's really just one. I haven't thought much past the general concept, though I do think it could be interesting if I can figure out how to pull it off.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

A Bit of Detective Work Empty Re: A Bit of Detective Work

Post by Sunni Ookami Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:19 am

I would be interested if you could figure out how to work. So, it's like Clue but with a bunch of words and everyone but you (whoever has to figure it out) knows who dunnit! I could say that you should discuss with people who do know about the clues they can have to lead the detective on. Like you know those "choose your own adventure" books? Except a little less complicated. It sounds like fun! =D
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:33 am

Yeah, that's the angle I was going for. Smile I figured that everyone but the detective would be able to freely converse somewhere (though PMs might get a bit difficult, and it's not like you can converse in the topic without the detective knowing...). I'll definitely try to continue working the kinks out of this, though.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah, it would be pretty tedious. The next best thing would be to have "meetings" over a chat or something, and that would be just as difficult.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

A Bit of Detective Work Empty Neat idea

Post by 6billionghosts Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:38 pm

This is a neat idea.
6billionghosts
6billionghosts
Mist