FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Detective Agency]

+3
Gadreille
Digital Muse
Nation
7 posters

Go down

[Detective Agency]  Empty [Detective Agency]

Post by Nation Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:09 pm

[Detective Agency]  Detective_Agency_Banner

Genre: Mystery. I may or may not include some paranormal/extremely light-fantasy elements (don't hold your breath though.)
Time Period: Undecided. Either the late 40's/early 50s or modern day. Which one would you guys prefer?

All is not as it seems in a relatively peaceful seaside community on the outskirts of Chicago. For a town which is less than 60 square miles, its 200,000 citizens live in a perpetual state of fear, curiosity and intrigue. For one reason or another, this town has a curiously dark history - established during the Prohibition Era, the illicit goings on of the town have not ceased or even remotely slowed down since the '20s.

The citizens are afraid to walk the streets at night due to the impossibly high crime rate which, as of recent, has begun to coalesce and affect just about everyone. A recent string of kidnap-murders has the denizens of the town on high alert, with vigilante justice popping up from time to time. The law-enforcement, being ill-equipped to deal with such a threat, has been commissioned instead to work for the Royce Detective Agency, the largest and most prominent Private Investigation firm in Illinois.

The Royce Detective Agency has been able to solve a significant fraction of the cases tossed its way without a hitch. However, with the surge in crime occurrence going up, the RDA finds its desks swamped with papers and its employees are working overtime to quell the commotion going on around town. Late nights are a dime a dozen for the RDA and only those truly dedicated to uncovering the truth stick around to see the ugly truth about their city.
Note: I plan to explore several moderately mature themes during the course of this RP. Buyer beware.

Anyone possibly interested? Very Happy
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

[Detective Agency]  Empty Re: [Detective Agency]

Post by Digital Muse Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:46 pm

I might just be interested, yes. I'd like to stretch my writing chops, so to speak.

I vote for war-time; the 40's.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:58 am

I'm also interested, and I also vote for 40's.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nation Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Awesome. After discussing it with Digital Muse yesterday, I think I'm gonna go with late 40s. Most PIs nowadays are commissioned by wives and reduced to stalking husbands who are cheating on said wives.

Razz

I'd like 1 more at least.
Nation
Nation
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTophat Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:59 pm

I might be interested...as long as I can be a Barrister. I don't care if he on the agencey side or against them. Considering that once they get clues it would have to presented in a court a Lawyer character would make sense and obviously man of law would have to make sure that the defense dosen't get away by loop holes-like pleading insanity or..claiming self defense to reduce sentence-

I guess the Lawyer would be a dectective too but obviously he would not have the same freedom as actual detectives-he would have to let them go first for clues or they simply shut him out of areas entirely if they deemed neccesary. I guess also he would not be allowed to carry weapons or have the same sense of force as in he can't arrest someone or knock them out on spot when strong evidence is present. He would also have to submit any clue he finds to dectective agencey because obviously what court would not suspect him of fabricating evidence if he took it in without getting varified by experts and went "I found it"

" Most PIs nowadays are commissioned by wives and reduced to stalking husbands who are cheating on said wives"

You could be a dectective that only works on certain types of cases..like homicides...theft..drug smuggling and so on. Especially if you made it in a poor country where the goverment dosen't have the official forces to use their own dectectives and there go having to hire third party help to govern certain cities that are too far from the capital...

or better yet have a case in modern day where the police sector is recieving massive political flak for the death of a star or something and the public is paranoid of anything they do so to avoid perhap causing a riot they back off and try to hold back the political pressure without utilizing any forces.

THEN you could say that the owner of the company who the star/ person worked for was a good freind hires you to assure that some justice will get done. Then you can have a big in depth plot in modern times because even the police are suspects, maybe even use them as a bridge to politicians or higher forces.

Just an idea..but if you go for that idea right there I might be a different character.

Last edited by DemonicTophat on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
DemonicTophat
DemonicTophat
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:46 pm

I was initially confused by your post, DTH, but now I understand. I believe you meant barrister, not barista.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTophat Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:I was initially confused by your post, DTH, but now I understand. I believe you meant barrister, not barista.

I apologise I was posting that in the middle of animation in the dead of night that I had been working on since noon. So my eyes were pretty much screaming for rest at around that point.
DemonicTophat
DemonicTophat
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Haha, it's alright. I was just sitting here for twenty minutes trying to figure out how a person that pours coffee was going to work a jury Very Happy

I had never heard the term barrister, so I've learned something new today!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Tacoz Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:37 pm

I'd join if this went up. Just saiyan. :3
Sgt. Tacoz
Sgt. Tacoz
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:47 pm

I'm definitely interested as well. Would love to see this come to life
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildsword Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:34 pm

This sounds cool, I'd for sure give this one a go,I love me the ol' Noir style/detective stories. Time zone doesn't matter to me if people are diggin the 40's that's fine by me!
Wildsword
Wildsword
Mist
Mist

Male

http://greyhiem@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:58 pm

I fear that since Nation hasn't logged in for quite a while that this is a no go. Sadly. It sounded cool.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down