FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you watching?

+61
Aude Timor
Jag
Somniloquist
Syrena
Knifey Keith
HappyMedian
MargaretMouse
Spectre
AlyssAsylum
AkatsukiHime
Shadow Moonseye
MidsummerMermaid
Lord Revan
Blackrock
PeterHog
UnfortunateBountyHunter
IWroteASongForYou
Skitzo-phrenick
Artorius
Gabe
Digital Muse
Little Supernova
Lamenting_Quill
DracoMalfoy
Lyonesse
Squall Reyes
Gunneh
Tartra
Eris
Dax
Ununhexium
thecolorisred
xraineyesx
Ethereal
wakeangel
World Traveler
Fate Flyer
Casey Jewels
Bird of Hermes
Shekinah
ImmortalSin
Sunwolf007
ravenroses
Ominous Flare
The Melancholy Spirit
Kalon Ordona II
Ragter the junior greeter
Psychotic Felix
True Grave
Gadreille
m00se4brainz
Adrius Frostglare
Silvan Arrow
Inerio
Lara
Loki
Ehoron
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Dio the Awesome
LunarScorpio
65 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

What are you watching? - Page 13 Empty Re: What are you watching?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Lord Revan wrote:

Friday is the series finale of Fringe. It will be a 2 hour event, and I will be very sad as Fringe is one of my favorite series' of all time.

I really want to watch Fringe... I saw parts of the first season, but I haven't had a chance to watch more of it. I would rather wait until the show is done, and then watch it all on DVD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Fringe is a great show. Season 1 was great, and while I did not enjoy Season 4 that much, this final season so far has been great. I have a feeling the finale Friday will be epic.

It's too bad you do not live near me, I own the first 4 seasons on DVD and would let you borrow them if you lived near me.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Revan, I haven't seen season two of PoI, so I'll just have to wait on that to give my opinion.

OUaT had a really good first season, but I kind of agree with you about the second being better, but that's not a bad thing. Two many shows have better first seasons and just go downhill from there.

I saw the first couple of seasons of Fringe. They were really good, but I kind of drifted away from it after they stopped being as original and decided to go with
Spoiler:
I loved seeing Leonard Nimoy do cameos, though! Star Trek, ftw!

Ysopet, I agree with you on the watching it all at once. My love and I get complete seasons, but we rarely get the whole thing at once, and if the series isn't complete, the seasons tend to end on cliffhangers. Then I have to wait a whole year for the next boxed set. hahah

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Yeah, LOST was one of the hardest shows to watch, for that reason. Their cliffhangers were the worst I've seen in any show (worst as in not horrible, just... cliffhangerish).

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 pm

I couldn't continue with Lost after I got through part of the third season. It just became too convoluted and... I don't know... but after I was told what the ending was, I doubled my resolve to not watch it because from what I've been told, the end was just one, big disappointment.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:09 pm

The ending was like an onion: there were layers of meaning, layers of answered and unanswered questions. Though, if I learned anything from Game of Thrones, a moldy spot spoils the whole onion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Ew... Mold... I've only seen the first season of GoT, and I haven't read the books, so no spoilers on what that mold may be if it doesn't relate to the first season.

I want to cosplay as Daenerys one of these days... I freaking love that show... so far... >.>;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:16 pm

It's just a line used in the show Smile And yes, it is a very good show. Though Daenerys really annoys me.... Her only redeeming quality is... well...

In case you haven't finished the first season:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:18 pm

I have seen the entirety of the first season, and now that I think about it, you're right. I just want some
Spoiler:
=D

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:24 pm

The story of the Wall is actually my favorite part. So far there just isn't enough of it.

Gadreille and I also have the seasons of Rome and Boardwalk Empire that we still need to watch. Not sure when we ever will. And I'm not sure which season of Vampire Diaries were ended on (I think three) but we need to get our hands on the newer ones. And Dexter! Man, I cannot wait for this latest season...

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:28 pm

All the TV we need to watch is wearing me out...I can't take that much television!

I am finishing season three of avatar again...Looking forward to Legend of Korra season 2!

OOOh, Game of Thrones. Yeah, I'm a bit sad we finished Season 2. Also, Peter Dinklage is my new favorite person ever. It's not unhealthy to be crushing on a dwarf...right?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Why not! Little people are people, too! I kind of have the hots for him as well, and I don't even find blondes all that attractive. I just freaking love Tyrion. He's actually my favorite character in that show, but it would be way too difficult to cosplay as a male little person... sooo....

I could always cosplay as his sister, though...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Haha! We watched Ice Age: Continental Drift, and I was sooo excited that the main adversary, Captain Gutt, was voiced by Peter Dinklage! And he even sings a sea shanty XD I had to rewatch that part a couple of times.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:41 pm

I've only seen the first Ice Age, but I've heard the fourth one was really funny and cute. I want to see the others. =D

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:43 pm

I was really glad to see it wasn't as disappointing as the last Madagascar. That was the most disappointing movie I have ever seen. I did not even want to watch it the whole way through. Such a let down... I was worried for parts of Ice Age 4, but it turned out to be pretty good overall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Yeah, I can't stand Ice Age 3...but 4 was hilarious. they even made fun of three a little bit in four.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:01 pm

I was told that I had to watch at least the third one because of a relationship that was established in it... At least they're short because they're kid movies.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:25 pm

I am actually one of the few fans of Lost who sort of liked the ending. I am not saying it was perfect, but i did not find it as bad as most others did,
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:29 pm

That's understandable. Not everyone is going to like or hate everything. Jonathan and I watched Battelstar Galactica a short while back, and both of us liked the ending. However, he looked at some boards that discussed it and found that the ending to that had almost the same kind of overwhelming negative reception as the ending of Lost. hahahah

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Once Upon a Time.

Last week's episode.

All of the feels.

That is all.

Watched some cooking challenges (Chopped). SVU was on another TV but didn't pay any attention to it...
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:25 am

Wait...there's a live-action version of Rurouni Kenshin? I arrived too late on the anime scene to watch all of it, but I really enjoyed what I did see! This is exciting!

I watch NCIS with Mom when I'm at home. We both love Abby and Ziva, and Gibbs cracks us up with his unique sense of humor Razz
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Silvan, yep! Unfortunately, it has yet to be released in the U.S., and there isn't an official release date for it. There are fan sub versions of it, though.

NCIS isn't bad, but Jonathan and I kind of started it, got about halfway through the first season, and moved onto other things. It's not that it was bad. We just got things in the mail that we wanted to watch more.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 pm

That's kind of what happens with me. I'll start watching something, but then I stumble upon something else I want to watch more. I have half-finished television shows sitting in my queue. One day I plan to finish them. Hopefully.

Anyway, where are these fan subs of the live action Rurouni Kenshin? I enjoyed the anime, too, and I just can't believe they have a live action version!
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm

I don't know... I wasn't the one to find them, but I tend to prefer Fan Subs because they explain cultural references that I, as an American, may not understand.

I have a love-hate thing with the anime. I mean, it's really good, but I hate Kenshin's voice (I don't know if it's because it's so obviously feminine or because he makes some of the most idiotic noises ever that it just grates on my nerves, but I don't like his voice.), but I like everything else about the series. Also, I've heard the the live-action is one of the best live-action adaptations of an anime/manga ever, and it was the highest grossing movie in Japan last year, sooooo...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Aw, shame! I'll just have to go put my Google skills to work and find the fan subs! I'm too curious not to take a peek.

You know, its funny, but when I think about it, I can't remember what Kenshin's voice sounded like...
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:28 pm

I convinced my friend to watch the first episode of Alphas with me!

She liked it enough to agree to watch episode two. =) That's good enough for me.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jag Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:50 am

This.

Over. And over. And over again.
Jag
Jag
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:39 pm

My sister and I decided to try out House. We're now up to episode 3 of season 1.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aude Timor Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:35 am

The Constant Gardener is a movie about human testing of biologically engineered diseases. It's similar to the idea of that the government created AIDS to hurt it's citizens, in fact, I believe it's a movie about the origin of the conspiracy itself when the testing was done and how it was conducted. I saw the movie once, was so confused I turned it off.

I'm watching 'The Shining', by the way.
Aude Timor
Aude Timor
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 pm

House is such a good show! I think I've only not seen one or two seasons of it toward the end, but I was hooked from the beginning. So good!

Hm... Maybe I'll have to watch The Constant Gardener. I thought it was some random, boring chick flick, so I've avoided it, but if it's really about a conspiracy, it sounds so much more fascinating!

Which version of The Shining are you watching?

I'm not watching anything... My love and I finished Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex yesterday. I mean, I think there's a movie and another season left, but we finished that first season. We're just taking a break to play video games...

Lately, I've been watching Bones. I liked it a lot for like... five or six seasons, but lately, I've been getting tired of it. It's likely that it's just not as good. I feel like there's less and less character development lately. I mean, they've all gotten their babies and their families, and it's like the writers can't logically think of anywhere else to go with the characters.

The problem with that is that the show is episodic, so character development is incredibly important. It feels like all they've got left are petty squabbles to be resolved that are like... shallow development... Ugh... I don't know... WTF happened to the awesome that this show used to be?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum