FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you watching?

+61
Aude Timor
Jag
Somniloquist
Syrena
Knifey Keith
HappyMedian
MargaretMouse
Spectre
AlyssAsylum
AkatsukiHime
Shadow Moonseye
MidsummerMermaid
Lord Revan
Blackrock
PeterHog
UnfortunateBountyHunter
IWroteASongForYou
Skitzo-phrenick
Artorius
Gabe
Digital Muse
Little Supernova
Lamenting_Quill
DracoMalfoy
Lyonesse
Squall Reyes
Gunneh
Tartra
Eris
Dax
Ununhexium
thecolorisred
xraineyesx
Ethereal
wakeangel
World Traveler
Fate Flyer
Casey Jewels
Bird of Hermes
Shekinah
ImmortalSin
Sunwolf007
ravenroses
Ominous Flare
The Melancholy Spirit
Kalon Ordona II
Ragter the junior greeter
Psychotic Felix
True Grave
Gadreille
m00se4brainz
Adrius Frostglare
Silvan Arrow
Inerio
Lara
Loki
Ehoron
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Dio the Awesome
LunarScorpio
65 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

What are you watching? - Page 14 Empty Re: What are you watching?

Post by Lord Revan Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:12 am

Going back to an earlier statement I also like NCIS. Gibbs is awesome. When my friends annoy me or do something dumb, they get the Gibbs head slap.

Ziva and Mcgee are pretty awesome too. Tony is funny in a childish way. But I dislike Abby. I am probably the only one, but an extremely happy goth? LOL.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:33 am

I just watched Dredd with my love. I kind of loved it. I mean... it's not big on plot, but it's a decent chunk of Judge Dredd murdering everyone with a scowl on his face and a growl in his voice. That's enough for me for pure entertainment value. =D

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:49 pm

I keep toying with the idea of an Underworld movie marathon. Although, watching vampire and werewolf movies in broad daylight is a bit unappealing.

Maybe I should just settle down and watch Pirates of the Caribbean or a couple of episodes of Leverage.

I honestly don't know what I'm in the mood for. Everything I try to watch seems dull. Admittedly, though, The Vampire Diaries has started to grow on me. I suppose that I simply wasn't impressed by the first episodes. But I just don't want to see vampires right now. Unless it's Selene kicking butt.

Oh, on a random note, I absolutely adore House! Even if I haven't kept up with the show since the fourth season.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Vampire diaries is a guilty pleasure of mine...but for the first half of the first season I loathed it. Pushed on because my sister in law liked it, and eventually started liking it too.

I watch house randomly but rarely do I see the episodes chronologically. I did see the finale though, and was impressed.

I really want to watch lost season 5 and 6. Maybe tonight I will.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:39 pm

I only like the first Underworld and the prequel, Rise of the Lycans. I think the second movie and the latest one are complete let-downs.

I like The Vampire Diaries. I don't even know how I got into the show... I read a few of the books and loathed them, and I read them before I watched the show, but for some reason, ended up watching it anyway... Maybe part of why I like the show so much is because I know just how terrible it could have been if they'd stuck to the characterizations and the story lines from the novels? It's probably one of few instances where I approve of them taking a basic idea and the character names and pretty much nothing else to adapt a movie/tv show from a book. hahah

Jonathan and I are watching Claymore. It's a pretty decent anime so far, but I really hate the kid-sidekick right now. However, he just got a sword, so maybe this means he's going to stop being soooooo effing obnoxious and grow a pair... ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Lost! One day I am going to watch it. So I can know what everyone is talking about in reference to the show and not look totally clueless, and also because I actually want to watch it.

The first Underworld is my favorite, too. I have iffy thoughts about the prequel. Some days I'm in love with it, and other days I hate it—kind of an odd way to feel about something. But it works out, and lately I've been itching to see it again.

The second Underworld was... I'm not really sure what to think about it. Although, I do admit to having a soft spot for Underworld: Awakening.

My love for Awakening is on the shallow side. If it weren't for all the action, I'd probably hate it. Because sitting through the slow parts is painful. I tend to skip past those moments. Frequently. What can I say? Sometimes action (and—preferably big—explosions) are enough for me.

The Vampire Diaries is probably going to become a guilty pleasure of mine.

A bit like The Secret Diary of a Call Girl. I like to watch it in bed at an ungodly hour. Mainly so no one in my house knows I have a thing for it. Plus, Billie Piper is the star of the show. I tend to think she's amazing.

Anyway, I don't exactly know how I stumbled upon The Vampire Diaries. I wasn't pushed into watching it. Although, almost everyone I run into watches the show and seems to really enjoy it. (They also say that season two is fantastic!) And I certainly never got around to reading the books. The summaries on the book jacket were never intriguing to me, and I didn't like the way the cover looked.

Yes. I do judge books by their covers. It's awful.

I suppose all the good things people say about it, and from what I've gleaned in this thread, I finally just decided to sit down and watch it.

On the other hand, someone made me watch House. I believe it was a friend who said, “House is just like you. You'll love the show.” I still can't decide if my friend was insulting me or complimenting me. I did sit down and watch the season two finale, though, and I did fall in love with the show.

However, something about season five disenchanted me. I tend to watch everything in order, (minus Law and Order and NCSI), and I watched season five out of order. It was one of those “If I can catch it on TV, I'll watch it” phases of my life, and something just hit a nerve. I have no idea what it is.

Perhaps it was my OCD acting up... I would like to finish out the series, though.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 pm

I think I have the last or both the last and the second to last seasons of House to watch, but other than that, I've watched it all and loved it all and never got sick of it. Some series are just soooo damned easy to blow through over the course of a week or two. House and Bones were like that for me. Lost and Smallville are like... necessary in doses... Like... I get really sick of them after about half a season and have to put them away for a long time before picking up where I left off months later (or years in the case of Lost. I still have no desire to go further into it than I already did...).

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:07 pm

I must hide that post from Ysopet, it might make him cry!

I generally don't like to watch TV. I don't have cable, netflix, blockbuster, huluplus, or any other service which requires you to pay for entertainment. Yet I keep finding myself engrossed in series or movies (usually series that other people by or have on their cable/netflix/etc). I pretty much watch things to talk about with other people (for example, I watched Avatar The Last Airbender so that I could talk about the series with Kathryn). House is a show that my grandfather watches, so I would catch episodes while living him. Whatever seasons that aired between 2008 and 2011 I saw continuously. Everything else I've seen in patches.

So, pretty much, if someone doesn't vouch for/sit down with me to watch/want to talk to me about a certain show, I never see it.

Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Gadreille, Avatarded for life! hahahah

Also, about Lost. I already know how it ends, but the ending sounds awful, so I'm sure that contributed to my lack of desire to complete the show.

Yeah. I can definitely see that. I mostly just watch what I sit down with my love to watch. It's how I experience new things, but we tend to either stream shows from Hulu or their channel's site (like CW for The Vampire Diaries), or we wait until they're out on DVD/Bluray and buy them.

Unfortunately, we have about a million shows to watch that we own and haven't gotten around to viewing as a result...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Unfortunately, we have about a million shows to watch that we own and haven't gotten around to viewing as a result...

That's been the danger of Netflix for me. I have way too much in my queue, and I almost never watch what's in my queue. Something will pop-up on the front page, I'll be like "Oh, I should watch that," and my queue collects dust. I have the same problem when I buy things; there's always something else I stumble upon.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:31 am

Finally started catching up with Dexter again. About midway through the latest season now. I really hate Quinn. I've always hated Quinn. I hate everything about him. I wish he didn't exist. He doesn't need to exist! He's such a douchebag.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

http://blog.muserae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:47 am

I have watched way too much Vampire Diaries lately. I had season 1 on my tablet during my trip to and from Nashville for my conference this past weekend (9 hours one-way), so I watched and re-watched most of it. And then I caught up on last week's episode. Wow, the show has changed so much from season 1.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Is anyone else watching The Following? I decided to give it a shot while waiting for Grimm and The Walking Dead to start again and I have been mostly impressed so far.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:47 pm

White Collar. A lot of White Collar.

Which is weird. I don't really like the show all that much. Maybe once in a blue moon--an episode here and there at the ungodly hour of three in the morning. But to watch three seasons worth of the show in a couple of days...

My excuse is that Matt Bomer is hot. Very hot! And I had to watch several episodes in order to confirm his hotness. lol

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to find something new to watch since season four isn't on Netflix, and my chance of catching anything on TV is next to nothing.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:43 am

I don't know how many of you watch Vampire Diaries or are caught up so far, but...I was sooooooo mad after the most recent episode! And the next one isn't until March! Arrrrrrrgh...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Damon did say he has to be the ass to get things done. Really, there are a lot of things that make me angry about this show, and it usually has more to do with Stefan being a douche-nozzle than anything Damon does because he does get stuff done when no one else will due to their moral high ground.

I'm not angry about anything in this latest episode except for the cliffhanger (which happens every episode...) and the idea that since all of my other shows are taking a short break, this one probably will, too... :: sighs ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:09 pm

I have not watched this season, and while I was completely engrossed in it when I was watching it, I can't say I miss it all that much.

However, I am watching season three of the Walking Dead, and I'm looking forward to season three of Game of Thrones and Hell on Wheels. I also would like to catch up with Dexter (what season are we on, like seven?) and Big Bang theory (I've seen through part way of five).
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:45 pm

I have recently started watch 'Its always sunny in Philadelphia'. I have seen many episodes but never the whole series all the way through. Thank you Netflixs! lol.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Right now I am really enjoying The Walking Dead, Once Upon A Time, Castle, The Following and Person of Interest.

I love my TV, but those are the shows right now that I am really into.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:42 pm

I'm watching The Golden Compass. Even though some of the changes upset me, I still wish they were able to make The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. They would have been awesome to experience. I still love this movie, it's filled with amazing actors and of course, the world of His Dark Materials is worth experiencing over and over again.

I'll settle on re-reading the series.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:28 pm

I watched The Golden Compass way back when it first came out. I was too young to appreciate it and, for some reason, my mother didn't approve of me taking interest in the series. I did buy the book and never got around to finishing it. You've inspired me Gadreille; I think I'm going to go and dig it up.

I'm putting off some work to watch Young Justice. I can't shake my addiction. I'm just re-watching a few of my favorites from the first season.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1634981/w-allman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Draco, is your mother highly religious? A lot of religious people are extremely offended by the series, and they're actually the main reason why there won't be any other movies made of the books.

After dinner, I'll be watching Sunday's episode of Once Upon a Time.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Oh really? I think you just solved my mystery, Kathryn. My mother's very religious. Very old school, southern style. Harry Potter was banned in my home until I was fifteen years old. Unrelated, but, my aunt left me her Golden Snitch when she passed away, and my mother wouldn't let me have it on account of it "promoting witchcraft."

Guess I'll have to sneak the book out from under her nose. Thanks for clearing that up.

Once Upon a Time is a great show, though I'm awfully behind. It's an amazing concept.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:29 am

Yeah, it's one of those "frowned upon" books. I highly suggest you read the entire trilogy. It's a wonderful series. Just don't get in trouble with your mum!

I've often wondered about Young Justice. Do you think my four year old boy would like it?

I really want to see Once Upon a Time. It's like, way up there on my list of things I wish I could afford. Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:12 am

I doubt she'll care much. I'm a big boy, almost legally now. c:

For your four year old, if he enjoys superheroes blowing stuff up, then yes, he'll like most of it. But, for animation, it hits some pretty grown up points (domestic abuse is a strong undertone in the first season). I like to compare it Nickelodeon's Avatar; somehow able to pitch a great plot for the grown ups, while allowing little kids to tag along.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:43 am

He loves Avatar; he also loves the Justice League. This sounds like a win win!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 pm

My biggest complaint about The Golden Compass is how they handled the ending. I was really angry about it, actually... especially because it felt most ike they didn't think the movie would do well, so they planned for a way to wrap everything up just in case.

I'm finally caught up on Survivor and The Amazing Race. =) (Though I'll be behind again tomorrow, probably.) Now I just need to catch up on OnceUpon a Time and King of the Nerds.

I've also caught up on Go On. I adore this show.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:30 am

I want to watch Once Upon a Time. The first season is on Netflix, so maybe if I have some free time... Other than that, I'm poking around with a couple of anime series, mainly Samurai Champloo, and waiting for the new episode of The Vampire Diaries next week!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:37 pm

The Food Network is my friend today. Currently, I'm watching Mystery Diner. This show always amuses me...I think the concept is a good one, but I do agree with some of the accused that there are other ways to go about the investigations. Especially talking to them before calling in the big guns.

Still, it amuses me to watch, and passes the time. Plus, some of the stuff these employees try to get away with is craaazy.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:09 pm

I am currently watching the Detroit Tigers play baseball. I have recently gotten into Robot Combat League. It sounded stupid at the beginning but it turned out to be pretty awesome. Who wouldn't want to see robots beating the crap out of each other in a cage match!? Right!? Anyway I would recommend checking it out.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum