FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you watching?

+61
Aude Timor
Jag
Somniloquist
Syrena
Knifey Keith
HappyMedian
MargaretMouse
Spectre
AlyssAsylum
AkatsukiHime
Shadow Moonseye
MidsummerMermaid
Lord Revan
Blackrock
PeterHog
UnfortunateBountyHunter
IWroteASongForYou
Skitzo-phrenick
Artorius
Gabe
Digital Muse
Little Supernova
Lamenting_Quill
DracoMalfoy
Lyonesse
Squall Reyes
Gunneh
Tartra
Eris
Dax
Ununhexium
thecolorisred
xraineyesx
Ethereal
wakeangel
World Traveler
Fate Flyer
Casey Jewels
Bird of Hermes
Shekinah
ImmortalSin
Sunwolf007
ravenroses
Ominous Flare
The Melancholy Spirit
Kalon Ordona II
Ragter the junior greeter
Psychotic Felix
True Grave
Gadreille
m00se4brainz
Adrius Frostglare
Silvan Arrow
Inerio
Lara
Loki
Ehoron
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Dio the Awesome
LunarScorpio
65 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

What are you watching? - Page 12 Empty Re: What are you watching?

Post by Lara Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Yeah, I do have to take a lot of Power Rangers with a huge grain of salt. At the same time, my purpose to watching the show isn't to prove that it still holds up to "decent" standards; it's mainly the nostalgic perspective. That, and since I've never watched the seasons in order, I'm watching to finally get a chance to appreciate all the little details mixed in with the corniness. Haha. But I totally understand your reasoning.

I finally got to watch the Once Upon a Time premiere. I'm really excited about the various new characters being introduced, and as a whole I think the first episode, at least, has held up to the level of the first season. I think the only thing that threw me was [what I felt was] a blatant Harry Potter reference. But at the same time, there are only so many ways to do that, so I'm still okay with it.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:22 am

yeah i mean you watch it because it brings back memories. haha. I did that with the teenage mutant ninja turtles movies.

but good! i'm glad it's still holding up. We'll see if they ever get to go back to their universe xD
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm

I am about half way through season three of vampire diaries, on the last bit of dexter season 6, finished season 2 of Hell on Wheels, and would like to see game of thrones...plus, walking dead is back! I've never watched this much tv in my life.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Watching Simpsons right now… But later today I'm going to be watching Episode 4, Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire.

Cannot wait.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Elena looks like a younger version of one of my RP characters. ^_^ She even has almost the same name. xD
I haven't watched the show, but from what I've seen here and there, I'm a Stelena all the way!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:19 am

I've been re-watching some Vampire Diaries episodes to get ready for season 4. Love that show!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:30 am

XD Kalon, I haven't quite decided which way I ship. I like them both.

Vampire diaries is a show that I would never have watched unless my brother in law sat me down and made me. But it is enjoyable, I admit.

Keith, I still want to watch boardwalk! It's on my shelf.

I finished season 6 of dexter. OMG.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:54 am

Right now I am watching:

Once Upon a Time
Fringe
Supernatural
and
THE WALKING DEAD!!!!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:02 pm

So, Mom and I were watching the latest episode of Survivor, and we were freaking out about what was going on loud enough for my sister to (a) hear us downstairs, (b) feel like coming up to investigate, and (c) make us rewind the episode so she could watch "this challenge we were screaming about"... XD
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:36 am

United States of Tara

I didn't like the main actress when I saw her in other things before I started watching this but she's totally grown on me from the first episode onward. And great acting too. She totally becomes different characters when she changes to one of the alters. Not just the way that Christian Bale changes to Batman in one movie and then a murdering psycho in another. She really makes you forget that you're looking at the same woman when she switches roles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:38 pm

I saw a few episodes of USoT... Not really a fan... =\ I mean, they do a good job with the acting an such, but I have a really hard time sympathizing with something where a personality disorder that enables a person to never confront and deal with their problems is the point of the show. I mean, yeah, stuff gets resolved and whatever, but multiple personality disorder is an escape, not a solution, and I know it's a really intense disorder that people can't control. I'm not saying the character is awful or anything... I just... have a hard time relating to characters who are weak willed... ._.

Anyway, I just watched The Golden Compass, and I just want to say... FUCK THAT SHIT! I read the book, and it was a BILLION times superior and had way better pacing. Also, Lyra was smarter and more interesting, and stuff happened in a more sensible order than the way it happened in the movie.

So, you want to ride on a bear's back to find some ghost thingy in another village? Well, when you come back, your caretakers aren't going to even question your absence even though you CLEARLY snuck away without telling them on purpose. Nope. They're just gonna ask you what you found all nice-like as if it wasn't totally messed up of you to make them think a tiny little girl disappeared in the wild north. Not like you could have frozen to death or been kidnapped or anything... :: rolls eyes ::

Also, decent actors like Nicole Kidman and the Bond dude did shitty jobs in this. I guess when a script is bad, even good actors can't save it.

Also, I got none of the emotional feels the book gave me OVER and OVER and OVER. So many feels lost because of bad pacing and either over-explaining things or not explaining them in a proper way... :: sighs :: I'm honestly glad they're not making the other two movies because I'm almost on the verge of an Avatar: The Last Airbender animated series vs. The Last Airbender live action film rage-fest...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:40 am

Haha. Book > movie ALWAYS!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:21 pm

I know... Well... I kind of liked Stardust the movie better than the book, but... yeah... Pretty much 99% of the time, the book will be superior.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Just wait until you finish the book series (if you haven't already...?). It is awesome.

Gadreille and I just finished the third season of Vampire Diaries. The ending was... unexpected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:16 pm

I haven't. I'm going to start the second book today.

Also, I freaking love The Vampire Diaries. The books were total crap, but the television series is awesome. Dalena forever!!! Except... I'm pretty sure they're just going to milk the Dalena cock tease for all its worth forever and ever... :: sighs :: Why do all of my OTP's end up this way?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:12 pm

I was sooo angry by the time the credits began rolling for The Golden Compass. My mom liked it because she hadn't read the book, but I probably ranted about all the things wrong with the movie from the time the credits rolled till we made it home...

Kathryn, I agree with all your issues, but my biggest one by far was the way the movie ended. It was like they took the last chapter of the book - the most important, leads-the-way-to-the-second-book chapter - and decided to throw it away and pretend it never existed. It's like, how can you even make the second movie after that?? (Clearly, they realized that no, they can't, since they never made the next one. They realized how awful it was.)
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:29 pm

Yeah. I figured they threw out the last chapter because 1. it leaves a bigger cliff hanger than the ending they chose, and 2. it was seriously effed up, and I don't know that they wanted children to see that... Then again... flying jaw... Just sayin'...

I don't know what they were thinking, but I'm pissed they didn't include the last chapter of the book. I mean... Seriously? I know they intended to make more, but I think they screwed themselves on that one with the way they handled the whole movie, especially the end.

Jonathan, like your mother, liked the movie well enough, too, but I think my anger made him want to read it... and Iorek. He really liked Iorek. =D

When I was about halfway through the book, I asked if he'd read it, and he replied with the negative and expressed that he really just didn't think it would be that great because well... small children... But then we watched the movie, and he looks at Roger and goes, "That kid is totally going to be Lyra's love interest, and he's probably going to grow up to be a bad ass." I just smiled and shook my head and continued watching because I figured he'd get his answer soon enough...

When the movie ended without allowing him to see what becomes of Roger, I started to tell him, and he's like, "You realize I want to read this book at some point, right?" Soooo, yeah... I actually hadn't realized that, but now I know... NO SPOILERS! hahahah

Right now, I'm in the process of slowly moving my way through a television series called Misfits. It's a British show about these teenagers who have to go through community service for whatever wrong-doing they've done, and this freak storm hits and gives them super-human abilities. I've only watched the first episode, and even though these kids are obnoxious, I'm weirdly drawn to it and want to watch more!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm so glad he wants to read them too Smile)))
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:05 pm

I'm currently stealing access to HBOgo from my grandparents so that I can watch season 2 of A Game of Thrones.

(Just kidding, they gave it freely)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:51 pm

I've started watching Fruits Basket in my spare time (what little I have). I figure it's one of those classic anime shows I need to see at least once.

Also, Vampire Diaries returns on Thursday! HUZZAH!!!!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:15 pm

I really enjoyed Fruits Basket when I watched it over the summer! It was cute.

I just started watching the first season of Law and Order. I needed something playing in the background while I was working on a couple of role play posts. Unfortunately, the show didn't stay in the background. I actually watched it. And realized that they have typewriters. It was a bit of a shock since I'm so used to computers.

(I know those computers will show up, too! At some point.)

Eventually, I want to start watching the Vampire Dairies. The first season boxset is sitting by my television. Waiting. One day I'm going to play it!
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:30 pm

I tried to enjoy Fruits Basket. I really wanted to, since I enjoyed the manga quite a bit...but I couldn't stand the voice acting in English OR Japanese. ): So I gave up.

Which Law and Order, Syrena? I like Criminal Intent, but USA has been attempting to shove SVU at me constantly during work hours, so I end up watching that too (it's what I'm watching right now, actually).
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm a huge fan or SVU. Or, at least, the earlier seasons. I seem to only catch old reruns on cable. Although, I did start watching SVU on Netflix earlier this month, but I haven't made much progress.

Something about Criminal Intent drives me insane. Someone's voice grates my nerves. But, honestly, if Criminal Intent is on, I will watch it. Law and Order is kind of my go to show when I don't want to watch anything else.

I'm hooked on the original Law and Order, at the moment. I'm wrapping up season one at the moment as I goof off on my computer.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:38 am

Honestly, the only reason I watch Criminal Intent is Vincent D'Onofrio. XD For some reason, I really like how he handles things. But I like NCIS waaaaay more, for many more reasons.

I haven't tried the original yet, but considering it's on Netflix, it's in my queue. Whenever I get around to that. =p (There are a lot of things in my queue.)
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:48 am

I like all Law & Orders. I am actually addicted. I watch all the marathons when I can. Lately I am on an original Law & Order kick.

NCIS is awesome too. The newest one from last Tuesday was extremely depressing though.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:07 am

Lara, my Netflix queue is always full! I never seem to make a dent with it either. There's always a lot of stuff. One day, I hope to actually get around to watching some of the stuff I have on there.

I love NCSI, too. Not as much as Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, though. And I can never seem to actually keep up with NCSI. I've seen a lot of old episodes, but nothing recent. Still, I watch it whenever I get the chance!

I also really adore Abby. <3

Anyway, I finally watched the first episode of Vampire Diaries. I'm not sure how I feel about the show yet. Everyone says such wonderful things; especially about later seasons. But... Eh, perhaps I just need to watch more episodes!
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:29 am

I have no idea if anything I've seen is recent for NCIS (and Law & Order too, for that matter). XD I watch the marathons they have on USA while I'm at work, and those episodes never seem to have any continuity. So as curious as I am about last Sunday's episode, I don't know if I saw it so can't comment. ):

Ziva is my favorite! =D But Abby is seriously awesome as well.

Today's watch list included a few episodes of NCIS, and an episode of "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Drives". Gotta love the cooking channel sometimes!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Somniloquist Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 am

I think I'm gonna rewatch Carnivale. Mostly so I can swoon over Brother Justin's voice. I love me a good, deep, powerful voice.
Somniloquist
Somniloquist
Mist
Mist

http://blog.muserae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:52 pm

I could never get into any of the Law in Orders aside from Special Victims Unit. Maybe I just have a soft spot for special victims. hahah

I've never seen Carnivale, either...

Hm... My love and I have been watching the first season of Person of Interest. It's actually pretty damned good. The tagline is, "What if you could stop a crime before it happens?" I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it at first, but I kind of like the sorta crazy lead guy and his techy boss.

We also watch the weakly shows like Once Upon a Time and The Vampire Diaries. At some point this week, we're going to watch the new live-action version of Rurouni Kenshin because we've both heard very good things about it (which is weird considering it's an adaptation of a manga, and those almost never do well), and I'm going to be picking up Taken 2 today.

However, I need to watch The Words at some point today so I can do my trade and get me some Liam Neeson!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Kathryn, I am also into both Person of Interest and Once Upon a Time. Both shows are very good, IMO. Season 2 of each, especially Once Upon A Time, are better than the first too, at least I think so.

Friday is the series finale of Fringe. It will be a 2 hour event, and I will be very sad as Fringe is one of my favorite series' of all time.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum