FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

+15
Erebus
Blackrock
Kalaam
Digital Muse
Fluesopp
Gadreille
Weiss
Stion Gyas
Stray
Kaitlyn Wild
Reffy
Loki
Alphariusthemad
Zephiris
Kalon Ordona II
19 posters

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 32 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:56 pm

I did think about that. It might be interesting, at least as a way of kick-starting it. But I was also thinking about a part for them mid-post. So I'm not really sure yet (at least as far as where I will have a pov post for them).

Back to top Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 32 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:57 pm

You had abandoned several characters when Stion disappeared the second time. Perhaps you should bring them back, or one of them, or something like that, to give that story arc some closure.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:01 pm

I could do that... I'll give that some thought. I've been wanting to, just unsure of where I should. I suppose this is as good a time as any.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:02 pm

I don't know what you'd do with Bernard, whether keep him along, or send him on his way, but I doubt you should kill him off.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:56 am

No, I wouldn't kill him off. I really do miss all of those characters. Maybe a reunion is in order...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:22 pm

So I had a post in progress... and a pretty good one. Unfortunately, the new laptop went caput... I'm just waiting to get it back. And really, really hoping that my post is still there. Because I didn't back it up. /lessonlearned

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:19 am

Oh my. Sob Just thinking about it makes me cringe with despair.
I hope your post survived!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:07 am

I'm making progress. Smile

21 - day - Dragons ~ 40%
22 - day - Ezekiel ~ 80%
23 - day and night - Ezekiel
24 - day - Dragons
24 - night - Ezekiel
25 - evening - Ezekiel
26 - day - Gado
26 - day and night - Ezekiel
27 - day - Dragons
27 - night - Ezekiel

Edit, 2/26:
21 - day - Dragons ~ 40%
22 - day - Ezekiel ~ 100%
24 - day - Dragons
24 - night - Ezekiel
25 - evening - Ezekiel
26 - day - Gado
26 - day and night - Ezekiel ~ 60%
27 - day - Dragons
27 - night - Ezekiel
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:46 pm

My post survived!

So... I've been thinking, again, about dropping out of Sephiris. With some of the things I've been learning about writing, and what I need to change, I've discovered that writing in Sephiris is not exactly the best practice. Putting in filler simply to fill out the day-to-day activities in the constrained time frame, and to increase my word-count-related vanity, is not really the best writing practice.

Since I don't want to drop Sephiris, it is time to simply change my writing style. I need to outline my posts better, find out what areas are the best to write about (usually invovling conflict of some sort, or at least important information). So, gone are the long posts in which I wrote simply to write and reach a certain word count.

I hope this works out for me, both because I would hate to drop this and I think that it will help my writing in this role-play considerably. I've already had many compliments from several other writers about my characters and their arc, which I do appreciate, but everyone should always strive to do better, right?

Anyway, I haven't work on my post since getting my laptop back. I need to do some actual book writing today during the kids' naptime, but maybe later tonight I can try and get something done in Sephiris. All I can say is I can't wait to get up at least the beginning of this post (what I wrote before I lost the laptop). I wasn't sure about it at first, but having had time to stew on it, I really, really like it Smile

Oh yeah, in case I haven't mentioned it in a previous post, this post will get me from Caluk to Iyel'Del, where my characters will meet with Gadreille's characters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Huzzah! cheers

By all means, FOG is all about writing development. Can't wait to see the results! Very Happy

My post(s) are coming along. As long as I write at least a little every day it'll be done in no time.
I'll keep posting progress since there are so many.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:54 pm

21 - day - Dragons ~ 80%
24 - day - Dragons
24 - night - Ezekiel
25 - evening - Ezekiel
26 - day - Gado
26 - day and night - Ezekiel ~ 60%
27 - day - Dragons
27 - night - Ezekiel
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:21 am

21 - day - Dragons ~ 85%
24 - day - Dragons
24 - night - Ezekiel
25 - evening - Ezekiel
26 - day - Gado
26 - day and night - Ezekiel ~ 70%
27 - day - Dragons
27 - night - Ezekiel

meh, less than I hoped to get done tonight. :/ Not for lack of time spent staring at the waiting page, I can tell you. Refining doesn't count.
Well, I did get some planning done, and I have a better idea how to proceed. The details, that is; the basic direction was mapped out already.

I'm nodding off at this point, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:43 am

The dragon post is growing beyond my expectation, but I guess that's a good thing. I've made a breakthrough in dragon magic, thanks to the way the post is developing. it basically forced me to delineate what has thus far remained a little vague, and in doing so... awesomeness ensued. Hyper

Real life has been taxing my momentum lately, but I have made progress. It's just that the new developments are messing up my percentages. Razz
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:17 am

I cannot believe what I just did...

But... I wrote it. It has to stay! The fingers have decided, though my heart isn't in it. And my brain had no part in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:38 am

? What happened? Did your computer delete a post again?
Or did your characters act on their own?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:03 am

No, my characters acted out on their own. If this post disappears, I will seriously cry. There is no way I can rewrite any of this and have it come out half as good. I'm not sure when to post it up though. I need to at least edit it, fix it up a bit and fill it out with some concrete details. But it is already at 6k words, and I'm only 2 days into the 10 or so day trip. I don't want to throw a monster out that everyone has to trudge through. I think just one more scene, so it doesn't end on such a cliffhanger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:47 am

Well then save it on google docs, email the file to yourself, AND print it, just in case. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:23 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Whooooooooaaaaaaaa..... nobody click that spoiler tag. 8D
Ysopet, if it feels right, leave it in. I think I can use this to brilliant effect.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Seriously? It's April 1st.... I would never! Though now you have me thinking about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:38 am

You have no idea. Twisted Evil

Totally got me there. xD I've been Fool'd
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:50 am

I'll need a lot of convincing to make me take that step. I really like that kid... and I've got so many plans for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:05 am

I'd never try to convince you to do it (I'd need to be convinced myself, first). It would indeed be a waste for that to happen. But from a behind-the-scenes perspective, from what I have planned, just know that it'd work either way. Wink
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:56 am

Yeah... I just don't think I could do it. But if you want an idea of what I did do, read my latest facebook comment Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:19 pm

:O How intriguing.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:37 pm

You read it? What you think it means? Huh? HUH?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:12 am

Clearly someone dies; I just can't deduce who. o.O
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Progress! Shocked
Finally got through that dragon post. That was long and unexpected. Didn't quite go as I planned, but in a good way, like how a story will force itself on you. Shocked
Back to Ezekiel!

21 - day - Dragons ~ 200%
24 - day - Dragons
24 - night - Ezekiel
25 - evening - Ezekiel
26 - day - Gado
27 - day - Dragons
27 - night - Ezekiel
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:47 am

story added a new bit again. Shocked

21 - day - Dragons ~ 200%
--> 22 - night - Ezekiel - 100%
24 - day - Dragons
24 - night - Ezekiel
25 - evening - Ezekiel
26 - day - Gado
27 - day - Dragons
27 - night - Ezekiel
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 am

I can't wait to read your post, especially with all that about the dragon magic, and the story forcing itself on you Smile Those are usually the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next