FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

+15
Erebus
Blackrock
Kalaam
Digital Muse
Fluesopp
Gadreille
Weiss
Stion Gyas
Stray
Kaitlyn Wild
Reffy
Loki
Alphariusthemad
Zephiris
Kalon Ordona II
19 posters

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 9 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Digital Muse Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:05 am

Kalon Ordona II wrote:So... Digital, are we going to go with DAY 6 instead of DAY 4 on your last post?

Yes, I'll get that edited quick. Welcome back! Very Happy

Stion: When are you available to finish up our intro RP for the twins?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 9 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Stion Gyas Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:08 pm

Whenever I'm in Mibbit. Keep checking periodically, 'cause I never know times anymore.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote:I've got so many ideas for my two characters... But I don't know if I should spill my thoughts or just let them progress and see if it actually surprises anyone. I don't think I've ever been this excited or 'into' my characters before. This RP is epic!!

On a side note: Where in the world is Zephiris? No pun intended.... Is he not going to partake in what was originally his idea?

And: Happy Birthday, Stion Gyas!

Happy Birthday, Stion!!

It would seem that Zephiris has not even logged on in quite a while. I think he lives somewhere in Asia, and he has a lot of school or something. Anyway maybe someday he will return. Whether he does or not makes little difference; the story will be awesome either way. xD

I don't know if I'll be able to post today after all. This day is getting out of control. Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:46 pm

Oh, you know what? I remember you saying that already... My bad. If you have time to get on chat, Kalon, I have some questions that need answering. If you'd rather I'll just post them here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:55 pm

I've been trying to get on chat; it's not working on this computer. I'll try Mibbit.com

Edit: oops, nevermind, I can't right now.
I'll try to be on later tonight. I forget what timezone you're in, but for me it could be anywhere from 6pm to 10pm, Pacific time. And I'm annoyed. Disgust
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote: And I'm annoyed. Disgust
Why are you annoyed?

@ Stion Gyas: I've gotten up to the beginning of the battle with Lord Duiran and his men (currently at 2500 words!!!). I will try to finish it up tonight, and then I can post it up tomorrow after I clear up some things. So far it is going great though, in my opinion. I would love to hammer through it now, but I have to get ready for work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:31 pm

2,500 words... Are you serious, Silvone? Shocked
Will that even fit in a single post?

I was annoyed because the day was getting out of control. I get roped into things and NOBODY is EVER on TIME! Ach, I won't get started. ^^
Maybe I'll work on posts bit by bit from now on, like Silvone seems to be doing. *nods thoughtfully*
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:57 am

I know its going to be really long. I would cut some of it out if I could...but I wouldn't know what to cut out since it is all character building in some way. And at the end is the scene I've had in mind since I brought the extra characters into the story, so I want to properly build up to it and then execute it. The rest likely won't be nearly as long as this one; this one is just rather important to Barthon and Simion's story.

Sorry, Stion, for stealing so much time in this post, but its really only about half a day...and the previous night.

Edit: Holy shit...I know thats long (4,615 words). Hopefully you all like it. Stion, let me know what you think of the parts where I used your character. I would love to do some edits, so feel free to let me know if there is anything you would like me to change or fix in any way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote:I know its going to be really long. I would cut some of it out if I could...but I wouldn't know what to cut out since it is all character building in some way. And at the end is the scene I've had in mind since I brought the extra characters into the story, so I want to properly build up to it and then execute it. The rest likely won't be nearly as long as this one; this one is just rather important to Barthon and Simion's story.

Sorry, Stion, for stealing so much time in this post, but its really only about half a day...and the previous night.

Edit: Holy shit...I know thats long (4,615 words). Hopefully you all like it. Stion, let me know what you think of the parts where I used your character. I would love to do some edits, so feel free to let me know if there is anything you would like me to change or fix in any way.

It's fine, I liked it. Very Happy Good read, but I had to do it in parts. xD Anyways, I'm too darned tired to write a post right now, I think. Maybe I'll pull myself together later and write.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Nice post Silvone. I was intimidated by the length....but it read so fast! Nice job.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:18 pm

Thanks for the nice words Smile

I should be on for a little bit before work, Stion, but you can start writing if you want. I will hop into sephchat whenever I get the opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Actually, I'm about to leave in half an hour. Hunter's safety course, and whatnot. No safety course = no hunting = Unhappy me.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Stion: I added to our starter post for the twins and popped it to you in a PM. Have a peek and add or edit at will. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm still working on a long post, barely got started; but at least I have the plan or outline. I couldn't even read your post just now, Silvone; way too long for me to read until I get home later tonight.

AWE. SOME.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:10 am

Digital Muse wrote:Stion: I added to our starter post for the twins and popped it to you in a PM. Have a peek and add or edit at will. Smile

I will, and I haven't forgotten you. Beyond busy this weekend.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:28 am

Here are some stats showing our progress in Sephiris so far. I will update them as I figure out more of them. I will take suggestions, if anyone wants to know any stats. I'll try to do as many as I can. And, on a side note, we should make some sort of marketing campaign for this thing Very Happy

Total words (excluding all titles and labels): 41,586
Approx. pages in Word document (Times New Roman, size 12, without titles or proper formating): 75
Words per player: (Times New Roman, size 12, unformatted, and without titles and labels)
Kalon: 10,361 words, 21 pages
Silvone: 16,836 words, 29 pages
Zephiris: 1,474 words, 4 pages
Stion Gyas: 4,350 words, 9 pages
Reffy: 4,964 words, 9 pages
Digital_Muse: 3,601 words, 7 pages
Words per character: (POV)
Áirhath Aeryän:
Sehra-sithred S'harahe:
Gado Tanager:
Barthon Camlin:
Simion Altus:
Ezekiel Scorpius: 1,474 words, 4 pages
Silahyie Selandrea: 4,964 words, 9 pages
Brenard san Deccour:
Z'anginthel "Than Gadan" Seka-Manh:
Katerina Forbes: 3,601 words, 7 pages

What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is the grand beginning of a wonderful novel Very Happy

In my spare time, I want to update it with words per player, as well as words per character. Even compare dialogue rates by having number of dialogue lines by each character, compared with total words per character.

Last edited by Silvone Elestahr on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:22 am

I'm doing this for my Gaia RP, but I figured it would be too big a project to do for this one. I'm so glad someone's doing it! Many thanks, Silvone!! Clap

I'll be busy all day today, but I'll work some progress on the work-in-progress post.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:42 am

Still working on the post.
Still busy.
Still haven't even read all of Silvone's awesome post yet. Yeah, I'm that busy. :shocK:

I'm just posting here so none of you worry. It's important to keep everyone updated. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:21 am

No worries, Kalon, I'm busy planning out an attack on the caravan by the shadows, so I'm good.

Also waiting for Stion's schedule to free him up a bit so we can intro the twins. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:03 pm

There, I read Silvone's post at last.

WELL DONE SILVONE!!! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:09 am

Kalon Ordona II wrote:There, I read Silvone's post at last.

WELL DONE SILVONE!!! cheers

Thank you Smile I was rather happy with it myself...but it did feel a bit rushed in certain areas. And I would have liked to keep it unposted for a few days to edit it. But I'm glad you all liked it (or say you do Suspect )!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:16 am

Digital, I must not have read your post thoroughly the first time.
I noticed that you have 2000 gold for a horse.

1 ounce of 24 karat gold today is about $1,000. Let's assume that the "gold" they're talking about refers to something more like 1 ounce 10 karat gold coins. That's about $400. I imagine the super-super prize stallions today are worth $30,000 to $50,000. If we do the math, that's 75 to 125 Gold. That's for a prize stallion.

Probably the easiest solution would be to change the "2,000 Gold" to "2,000 Silver." Same with the 50 Silver. I think I'd better change our money in Telmar to be Silver = 100 Gold, instead of = 50 Gold. That way 1 Silver would be about $4, which makes 2,000 Silver ($8,000) a plausible price for a decent horse (which the horse apparently isn't, hence the price lowering).

Anyone with merchant characters especially might want to do a bit of research. (I just did this research right now. I was surprised at just how valuable gold is.)

*sigh* Next time I'm going to work all this out BEFORE I start the RP. Laughing At least now I know for next time. I'll go update the first page of the OOC.

Oh right! Assuming the "Ashwood, shores of Barocula Lake" means the red dot on the north shore, Ashwood isn't a small farming village. If you notice, on the map it's a larger red dot, meaning it's a city. It can and should have a lot of farms--or maybe gardens, rather--but remember also that there's a lot of forest around there. And there'd be lots of buildings. And lots of fishing and boating upon the lake, which is why it's by the lake in the first place.

I'm sure you do this already, but I often check the maps before I post and sometimes read up on relevant bits of the OOC, just to get myself in the proper mindset. And especially to get my bearings. It's a big world, after all. Laughing

So, just to review.
+ 1 Gold = $400
+ 1 Silver = $4
+ 1 Copper = 4 cents

+ Ashwood is a large city. Because of its location, it might even be larger than Oliphey.
+ Ashwood is in a dense-ish-ly wooded area. Not as much as Shadewood, since it's by a lake, but there wouldn't be much room for big fields.

Edit:
I see that they're not actually buying the horse, just doing a bit of breeding. This would be considerably less, and would certainly be done in Silvers. 100 - 200 Silvers sounds about right. Maybe he's asking 200 Silvers to start with. This would be $800, which seems about perfect for quality, which the merchant seems to be trying to convince Katerina to do, which works out slendidly. Yay! ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:11 am

I was going by stud fees in dollars which can be upwards of $2000.00 or more. For some reason I equated $1.00 = 1 gold. Daft, I know. So if I switch everything to silver, that'll work fine.

I'll also clear up the size of Ashwood in the post.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:33 pm

$2000 would be 500 Silver, if we go by the 400/4/.04
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:10 pm

HUGE incoming post - soon. I've gone up to DAY 8 Morning, still on Ardin.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Yay! I was afraid we'd lost you!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:25 pm

Nah. I just get easily side-tracked Very Happy
This is a rather good posting too (I hope) A little action for Silahyie Very Happy

For KO: Laughing
“Danael. Lli undánë san iurénn dhrael. Din shinenn. Lli lethen aeryne.”
Thank you. Me depart and send help. No worry. Me travel fast.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:29 pm

Can't wait to read this, Reffy! Perhaps sometime tonight, when I get home Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:11 pm

Whoa huge post Reffy!! Shocked
at first glance the elvish looks awesome! Nod
I'll look at it more in-depth as soon as I can get around to reading the huge post.

Yay for you! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Haha ... yeah. Sorry about the hugeness. Should post more often Sweat Drop that is around 2,900

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next