FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Names?

+10
Eternity
Angel White
Thunder Daddy
Kathryn Lacey
Squall Reyes
Reffy
Lara
Sighlent
Fate Flyer
Gunneh
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Baby Names? Empty Baby Names?

Post by Gunneh Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:46 am

Aww, hell, why not? There's a thread in here for damn near anything else, so let's just go ahead and get this out of the way XD Go ahead and post some of your favorites, boy or girl. If you already have kids, go ahead and post the names you used, or, if you've got one in mind for another little bun in the oven ,go ahead and post those too.

Now, I'm not gonna be a spoil sport and not play, so here we go!

Girls
Molly Nevaeh (Heaven spelled backwards ^_^)
Cambria Jae (Yes, I'm that big of a dork.)

Boys
Patrick Benjamin (Benjamin for my Papaw)
Reuben Lee (Maybe not, but I just came up with it on the fly. Reuben is my mother's father's name, Lee is Lindsey's mother's father's name)

Go Go Go!!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Baby Names? Empty Re: Baby Names?

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:01 am

Aw, Gunneh! You're such a sweet man for already thinking and considering baby names! Aww Look at you. Nod

Lol I love this thread though, as I've been trying to think up baby names for a little while now. I've been keeping track of them all in a Notepad I have saved on my Mac, so that when that day comes, I'll have compiled a list of a bunch of names -- both boy and girl -- that I like for us to choose from (hopefully).

So, why does Cambria Jae make you a dork? *is in the dark on this one* I like that one. :] I also like the idea of spelling 'heaven' backwards. That was a cool idea!

I'm a bit reluctant to share my list I have so far, since I've been deleting some as I add more, changing my mind frequently about what I like. I don't think Tony's even seen this yet. Shocked

Girl Names
Alyria
Aura
Autumn
Chloe
Coral
Fleuri
Iris
Ivy
Rain
Rozlyn
Skylar
Venice
Verity
Willow
Wren

Boy Names
Alexander (Alex, Lex, Xander)
Alston
Axel
Clarence
Cole
Conner
Corbin
Crow
Dustin
Forest
Fox
Gavyn
Hawk
Julien (Lien)
Kieran
Roswell
Sander
Sylas
Vance
Vander
Zen

Apparently, I like 'C' names for guys, lol.

I try to think of what goes good with the last name Wilhelm, too. I'm really big into alliteration, but there aren't many W names to use that are good.

When we decide to have kids (probably not for another...well, we're moving in 1 year...probably won't get a house for at least 2 years, when our lease will be up at the apartment we'll live in there...uhhh, I'll guess yeah, at least 3 more years until we'll be eh-ready (lol) to try for it. Oh, wait, I had a sentence going there! Haha. Anyway! When we decide to, I hope that we have a pair of boy and girl twins. That would be my dream. Doubt that's even likely to happen though, so if not, I'd love a girl, but I'm fine with whatever now. Tony really wants a boy.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:32 am; edited 4 times in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:17 am

We already have our kids names planned out!

Girl:
Peyton Serinity (Peyton is based off of one of me and my husband's favorite television show: One Tree Hill. As for Serinity, of which the spelling was changed on behalf of my husbands lacking of literacy skills, is better yet inspired by the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
)

Boy
Unforunately...is going to be Jimmy Odean (insert last name) III. Yes...the 3rd! Worst name ever I know but my husband wants his first born son named after him which coincidentally is completely unoriginal as he was name after his father. However, I'm dead set on calling him something else. I was thinking either James or JD. I also like Trace which is a nickname for those born as the third.

^_^
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:30 am

Hehe I had assumed that you misspelled Serenity on purpose. I love the sound of Serinity though. Jimmy/James reminds me of the Jimmy/James Olsen character from Smallville. ^_^ He was a good guy.

I think it would be cool/hilarious if we did have a boy and girl twin to name them Mars and Venus. XD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:31 am

If we have twins I'm so naming them Sunny and Cher...

LMAO.
LMAO.
LMAO.
LMAO.

...just kidding. ^_^
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:32 am

lol!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:37 am

And no I didn't misspell it...my husband did. See...I told you he was an illiterate ape.

But you gotta love him. He's so cute when he has no idea what's going on!!!! ^_^
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:31 am

I've come up with quite a few over the years, and the list has changed every time, since I never remember to write it down... This is just a few; I know I'm missing some...

Girl Names:
Sarah
Jenna
Evelyn
Lara
Jordan

Boy Names:
Thomas (so I can call him "Tommy" ~ )
Shawn Matthew (I prefer this spelling over 'Sean')
Benjamin
Jacob
Jason
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Never having children ... but IF I did:

Girl: Krystal
(Cliche - I know)

Boy: Edward/Eddy
(Loved the name Eddy since age 11)

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:14 pm

We are still on the fence for a boys name but me and the wife have a girls name picked out. Very Happy

Abigail "Abby" in honor of my wifes most favorite character of all time Abby from the show NCIS. XD

We're thinking either Andrew or Edward or Eddy for the boy. Andrew because my wife just likes the name and Eddy or Edward for my dad.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Well...I have my sons name already - Chody James...so...

Girls::
Analise
Amberleigh
Amythyst
or
Victoria [my husband loves this name for some reason]

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:32 am

I like the name Cambria. I don’t like the idea behind Naveah because it makes it seem less interesting, but I love the sound of the name. Did you mean Cambria Jane by chance? Jae is a bit masculine for a girl, in my opinion.

Fate, of your girl names, I like Alyria, Autumn, and Willow. It’s not that I don’t like the others, I just wouldn’t name any child of mine those names. The same goes for the boy names of yours I’m about to list that I like: Alexander with the nickname Xander and Sylas. =3

Sighlent, I like the sound of Serenity better than Serinity, but at least it looks neat. I honestly don’t like when children are named to be juniors. It makes me sad, especially when the names either don’t flow well, or they aren’t good names. My little brother is Frank Charles ________ IV. I hate it! James Odean flows well ((For the love of well-flowingness, do not make his real first name Jimmy!)), but for the sake of awesomeness you should convince your husband to just keep Odean ((because it’s a cool name)) and not doom his heir to third-dom.

Fate, you do realize that Mars and Venus were lovers, right? That’d be like two lovers dressing as Luke and Leia for Halloween. XD The same thing goes with Sonny and Cher, Sighlent. ^o_~^

Lara, I like the names Evelyn and Thomas the best, but they’re both a bit too conventional for my tastes if I ever name a child.

Reffy, I’ve always liked the name Edward. It just sounds really nice. However, if I was to ever have a child with my current lover, he would definitely oppose that. His middle name is Edward, and he hates it. I’m sure it doesn’t help that his initials spell J.E.N. When he told me, he was like, “Yeah! Try having those initials on your backpack as a kid!” XD

Squally, I like the name Abigail all right, but I’m not a fan of Abby for a nickname, though I couldn’t say why…

Anaris, I love the name Analise. I’m a huge fan of A names for some reason. Victoria is also very pretty.

Personally, the only reason I’ve ever wanted to have kids is so I can name them. I used to have a list of names that were my favorites, but now I have no idea. I’m probably going to wait to form a list until after I’m pregnant ((hopefully that day never comes)). It’s much easier to name a character than to name a child.

However, if I have a girl, her middle name is going to be Lavonne ((my mother’s middle name is LaVon)). If I have a boy, his middle name is going to be Christopher ((this was my older brother’s middle name)). It’s like another way- aside from my tattoo- I can commemorate them. Of course, I like the names with which to begin. I just don’t want them to be first names.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:17 am

I understand that it's a bit masculine if it's spelled Jay but, in my opinion, the -e at the end softens the name exponentially. I knew a girl named Jay in high school, and people picked on her about it all the time. I don't want my kids to go through the same thing.

Now, as to why I'm a dork for Cambria: While it is a beautiful name, it's also part of the name of my favorite band ever. That usually gets a lot of chuckles and eyerolls, but it's been approved by Lindsey, so that's all that matters. Squally also seems to like it as well XD
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Kathryn - The names that you like best are some of my most favorites from the lists too. Very Happy I actually just discovered the name Sylas while browsing http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/ yesterday. It means 'forest.' I love it! It sounds like Sylar too (the bad/good/bad guy from Heroes, lol). I love the name!

Okay, let me ask you all a question: How would you pronounce Alyria?
Would you say it as 'ah-lee-ree-ah' or 'ah-lye-ree-ah?'
I've bounced between both.

Lol I did not realize that Mars and Jupiter were lovers. That would be rather disturbing then to name your children that, not that I would. (Some of these names are just better suited for role-playing characters, hehe.)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:50 pm

I still think Jae is masculine in both the look and the sound. Just because you spell a name differently, doesn't mean it's going to sound different. Also, I was already well aware that you got Cambria from Coheed and Cambria, and I think it's really neat that you would use Cambria for a baby name. It works well.

Whenever I'm hunting for character names, I go to 20,000 Names, and I did the same thing when I named my pet. I'll probably do the same for if I ever have the misfortune of naming a child.

You said Mars and Venus at first, not Mars and Jupiter ((who is the Greek Zeus)). If you think about it, Mars is Ares and Venus is Aphrodite. If you know more about Greek myth than Roman myth ((they're exactly the same thing with different names)) that should be all the indicator you need. Technically... Venus/Aphrodite was a whore who slept with almost everyone except her husband Vulcan/Hephaestus, but her sexcapades with the God of War Mars/Ares were very well known.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

My brother's name is Jay. Just Jay. So, to me, it sounds masculine, but that may just be obviously from growing up with a brother named that.

Oh, nice! I always am looking for more naming sites. Thanks for sharing, Kathryn. Very Happy

Gah, I meant Venus, sorry. I blame it on being not fully awake. xD I vaguely remember Greek mythology, as I have not had the pleasure of learning about it since my Junior year in high school. (I remember, since I loved that section! We even made our own outfits to wear for a god or goddess we chose from a hat lol. Yikes, that was 5/6 years ago. o.o) I do remember though that the Roman gods are the same as the Greek ones before them, just with different names. Lol, that sounds about right!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Daddy Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:46 pm

I guess I haven't got to that point in my life where I'd wory about what to name my kids. To be honest, I'd probably won't even think about it until the day when I have a kid to hold.

But I can tell you what I won't name my kids. It won't be anything with only one syllable, and any variation of the names in the list below.

Michael
Jennifer
Vivian
Jonathan
Steven
Jack
Amy

Not that I have anything against these names, just that I am Asian, and every other Asian seems to have these names. Especially you Michael.
Thunder Daddy
Thunder Daddy
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:05 pm

hahahah I dated a half-Asian guy once whose name is Steven. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Lol well that's ironic. XD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel White Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:45 pm

It seems a bit silly, but I've had baby names picked out for my children long before I even really considered starting a family. I suppose it's a girl thing!

Anyhow, here are the names I've picked for my kids, whenever I decide to have them:

Girls:
Daisy
Deloras
Aeries
Melody
Franchesca
Cassidy
Erin

Boys:

Brutus
Cyrus
Trevor
Gregory
Sven
Nicholas

Admittedly, these aren't especially extravagant names, but they've always had a place in my heart. Whenever I do have kids, my first born girl will be named Daisy and my first born boy, Brutus, as those two names are my particular favorite.
Angel White
Angel White
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:55 pm

Thunder Daddy wrote:I guess I haven't got to that point in my life where I'd wory about what to name my kids. To be honest, I'd probably won't even think about it until the day when I have a kid to hold.

But I can tell you what I won't name my kids. It won't be anything with only one syllable, and any variation of the names in the list below.

Michael
Jennifer
Vivian
Jonathan
Steven
Jack
Amy

Not that I have anything against these names, just that I am Asian, and every other Asian seems to have these names. Especially you Michael.

Jennifer?

MOTHER CURSE MY NAME!

Sad

Don't worry I hate my name too TD. Lol.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:36 pm

The family who adopted my friend's baby named him Cyrus Nathaniel. I like that name.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:56 pm

Prince Michael II (Blanket).

*slips on my white glove* HEE-hee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:07 pm

Wow.
You people and your nice names.

Mine are all odd.

XD

Girls:

Gabriella
Alessandra
Arietta
Aryanna
Josselyn
Rosette
Camellia/Camelia
Cienna
Contessa
Elena (pronounced "Elayna")
Felicity
Felicia
Josephine
Laura
Maria
Marietta

... Uhm... I'm gonna' stop here... These are all names I favor, and mostly Italian ones. XD And that's only the girls. Damn.

I'll come back here some day and finish this. XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:22 pm

Misery, if you and I ever actually have children together, I'm going to smack you with your own fancy, white glove if you try to name a child that. You are not Michael Jackson!

Also, I like many of those names, Eternity. They're not all that odd, though. Some are fairly common.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:16 am

I actually have a cousin who, no kidding, is named Sephiroth Cloud. They call him Baby Sephy now but when he gets older...that poor kid.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:47 am

Last edited by Misery on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:53 am

Misery wrote:
Kathryn Lacey wrote:Misery, if you and I ever actually have children together, I'm going to smack you with your own fancy, white glove if you try to name a child that. You are not Michael Jackson!

Kal-El Snake Bonecracker it is!

That's so win!

Pirate Gun
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:29 am

Boy/girl-
Deshaun Maandig (Last Name)

Boy-
Max Fightmaster (Last Name)
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:08 am

I already know I want at least two children before my time on this planet is spent. A boy and a girl, though I wouldn't mind having a third, I know I want an eldest son and my youngest being a girl. Their names, though almost every woman I've told these to said they didn't like them, are very sentimental to me and I've had them picked out for quite some time. These are family names, a custom that I'd like my family to continue.

My son, the oldest, is to be named William Bradford Linville. Instead of calling him Bill or Billy, as is traditional for most men/boys named William, he will be called Will for short.

My daughter, my daddy's little girl, my precious little angel, is to be named Cassandra Rose Linville. That's pronounced Cah-sahn-dra. I believe that pronunciation is more traditional, and gives the name a more elegant feeling. She will be called Cassy for short.

William is my Father's name and Rose is the middle name both my Grandmother and my Aunt share.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next