FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Names?

+10
Eternity
Angel White
Thunder Daddy
Kathryn Lacey
Squall Reyes
Reffy
Lara
Sighlent
Fate Flyer
Gunneh
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Baby Names? - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby Names?

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:40 am

I think that's sweet, Lucian. I agree - a boy and a girl would be nice. Smile

What if your wife wants to incorporate one of her family's names into your children's name? Or worse, what if she doesn't like those names?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:45 am

My girlfriend and I have talked about this on a few instances just for the fun of it. I can't remember what we decided on for a girl's name, but I believe that it was something along the lines of Elizabeth. Her name is Victoria and she is wanting to continue the 'royal name' tradition.

As for a boy, I think we are pretty well set on Alexander Rho. The spelling on the middle name varies, but I am insistent on the Greek style, Rho has a lot of value to me as far as engineering is concerned. Rho has never let me down before Very Happy. It is the name of a badass character from Last Exile, an anime that we both love and the name itself flows so well.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:40 am

TJ and I have talked A LOT about having kids. We want to have a boy and a girl at some point. Though, I’m not sure what we’re going to do if we have two boys or two girls. I don’t know if I would enjoy going through the pain of a third pregnancy, lol. Either way, we decided if we have a boy and a girl, we are going to name them: Maxwell Night and Serenity Annabella. If you ever see me use these names in a role-play, that’s why, lol.

Ok, let me tell you a little history behind the names while I’m at it. Have you ever played the game, Sam & Max? It’s a point and click on the PC (I’m not sure if it was ever on a consol or not, I think it was on Sega at one point). It’s one of TJ’s favorite games and I enjoy it. Anyway, that’s where Max came to be, but I didn’t want it to be just Max because I wanted something a bit longer that I could yell when I was upset with him, lol. But then we were lacking “Sam.” Now, I’m not much into the name Samantha (no offense) because it’s way too popular around here. So, I made TJ a deal and I picked a name that would have the initials S.A.M. I used to watch the anime Sailor Moon and the main character’s mother’s name was Serenity and when she transformed into the princess hers was Neo-queen Serenity. That’s where the Serenity came from. Annabella just kind of fit when I said it in my head a few times, and then TJ’s last name starts with an “M.” So it all worked out, haha. But either way, that’s the story behind the names.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:47 am

Wow, that's really cool, Lunar! You guys really put some thought into all that. I LOVE it! Very Happy Those names are absolutely beautiful too.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:54 am

I'd probably wind up giving any kid of mine a common Anglo-Saxon or French name, largely because that's how naming goes on either side of the family. If I were to adopt, like my cousin who adopted two kids from Russia, I'd keep their given names or give them given names from their native culture so they have their roots at least.

However, I'd also give them a westernized middle name so they could use that, just in case the kid's a huge conformist. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Bleh... Misery, no way! >=/

Hrm... Yeah... I hope the mother of your children like those names, Lucian, because I definitely agree with the majority of women who didn't like them.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:I think that's sweet, Lucian. I agree - a boy and a girl would be nice. Smile

What if your wife wants to incorporate one of her family's names into your children's name? Or worse, what if she doesn't like those names?
I'll either force her to comply or we'll have a third kid. I know I want at least two kids, but no more than four.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:31 pm

That's it. Lucian, you're never going to have a wife unless she's too terrified to leave you. =P

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:33 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's going to take one hell of a woman to tie me down.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2