FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to Break Back In

4 posters

Go down

Trying to Break Back In Empty Trying to Break Back In

Post by Adrius Frostglare Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:07 am

Roleplay for me as of late has been difficult to find. I've ended up quitting my main source of RP for another and that new format is difficult to do right now due to crappy internet. That said, I am motivated to try out some RPs on threads.

My previous main form of RP after stopping threads was World of Warcraft. Towards the final months of that, it became Dungeons and Dragons. I've found the latter's format more appealing. For those of you not familiar, there are the players and then there's the "dungeon master" who basically controls the environment, NPCs, and villains (these are, essentially, "their characters").

I'd like to start an RP thread someday - maybe tomorrow - using one of the older worlds I've made. I might need to polish it up a bit in order to make it more cohesive, but I've got the basics of it down and I'd be able to answer any questions related to it.

My question is, would anyone be interested in this format? I'd have 4-5 people tops besides myself, each playing a character with myself as the non-player DM/OP.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Trying to Break Back In Empty Re: Trying to Break Back In

Post by Senrain Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:54 pm

I've always had some interest in trying out Dungeons and Dragons. Although the few groups I've had the fortune to come across told me they were full and really didn't need more players. So aside from lack of experience and being completely new here I believe I'd be interested in participating in something like this if you would have me.
Senrain
Senrain
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Awesome. DND gets easier the more you do it, as most things do, but there's so much in it that it looks overwhelming. Lots of calculations and modifiers and whatnot. It all makes sense after you divide the tasks into smaller bits, though. It's just that getting all the information about everything can be very frustrating.

I've got some background on my universe already, but it'll still be a bit before I can flesh it out.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:10 pm

I've also wanted to get into DnD at some level.
I've never been a fan of magic systems and that [I'm more of a low- fantasy fan], so I'm sure DnD wouldn't be my strong suit- but if you start some sort of casual something-or-another i may be interested in at least giving it a go.

i also really like your signature photo- the werewolf. I'd be down to spend some time with a RP involving some sort of character class/race like that...>.>....

haha...

anyhow, what's the background on the universe thus far?
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:39 pm

I would be interested as well. I haven't RP'd in quite some time, due to time constraints, but more and more it's simply because I have yet to find a topic that strikes my interest enough to devote myself to it.

I also have not played DnD for a veryyyyy long time, so I'm a bit rusty on the details. Once upon a time I was a major fan of the old-school Baulders Gate series and other such Forgotten Realms media. Was wondering if you were looking into a DnD themed game, or simply a roleplay that follows the structure of a non-player DM controlling the environment for us players?
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down