FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena) - Page 2 Empty Re: Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena)

Post by DracoMalfoy Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:27 am

I'm glad to hear your holiday was nice! I love having a white Christmas; the same happened here. Now it seems we can't get rid of the snow, ironically. I know the feeling of suffocation. I'm hoping I can transfer away for school sooner or later. Independence and my own personal space is too tempting. Sharing a bathroom is the worst. Especially when you have to share it with a sister; I know, trust me. xD

My holiday was pretty nice, thanks for asking! We've had so much stress and family drama this month so it was nice to press pause on it for a day and just enjoy Christmas. All of my family went right back to fighting the day after though, which is a little discouraging. My family's been a mess; hence why I've been a bit on the absent side this week. Hope you can forgive that.

Thanks; good to know. Hopefully I can give you something decent enough to work with. I know how you feel. I'm still very new with action scenes and very poor at them. I'm hoping I can get enough practice to prove somewhat successful with them. Though I'm sure your action scene will be great. We've got to give these two a scare somehow and I think this will be a great way to ease us into the plot. Like you said, not too little, but not too much.

Let me just say, I love, love, love the patchwork idea! That's so interesting. I've never really heard of it. And I think it'd be interesting to see Arthur and Khira's take on it. I don't think Arthur's ever encountered a creature of that nature before; with him, things are easiest in black and white so anything that challenges stability and normality is going to throw him for a loop. It'll be fun to write his reaction to it. And, if it's half and half, he might be stumped on how to kill the thing, making him possibly more vulnerable and lost when he meets Anna D.

I think it's interesting, especially if we tie it in with the main villain through that theory of experimentation. I love it when stories sort of bring everything close together and hint early on without revealing too much. I live for that stuff in books/shows/movies/etc. So I'd love to work that in. I think that's a great idea, really. It'll be interesting to see how it all sows together.

Oh no, I think patchworks can definitely exist, but, like you, I love the classics too. We can find a balance. As long as the patchworks don't "dominate" when it's not necessary for them to, I'll be all fine and dandy. Depending on how long this coven's been at work, there could be several, or dozens or whatever number of patchworks running around. That'll be part of the mystery, I think.

I love how Anna D seems like a completely neutral force. The dark magic, the patchworks, they could all be very threatening to others, but nothing's free with her. I've always admired characters who promote balance, even if it's out of selfishness and conflicts with the story's heroes. There need to be more characters of that nature. So that's why I'm so excited to see Anna D get involved. Even if she knows just a little bit, she'll be a game changer, but she comes with a catch.

All I know is, Arthur will be thrown off his rocker when Anna D ends up being Khira's friend. He'll probably start getting a wee bit suspicious and wonder who this girl is and how she knows these people. As if they didn't have enough teamwork issues to begin with. xD

Christian Bale as the villain! I vote yes to this! lol.

Yes, Arthur's former partner won't be brought in until necessary. As much as I love side characters, he's obviously just left the agency, since Arthur and Khira are just starting out. So it'd be silly to drag him right back in. The stakes aren't high enough yet. I'd love to slide him in around Khira's revelation. Whenever that comes. Because I think he could help Arthur through coping and acceptance. Ironically, I think he might be a psychology major or something. Helping Arthur and Khira improve their dynamic might be his specialty. xD But we'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Way back when we first got started together, I was really on this Doctor Who/Supernatural high. Both shows involve some running subplots, recurring villains, but a handful of small adventures that stand alone. So that was my intent from the start. I imagine they'll be whisked onto another case after they finally bring a close to this one. They might even be revered as the agency's best for saving it. We'll have a bunch of possibilities to work with afterwards. New characters, new villains, new plots, the whole nine yards. But yeah, it's not every day that some coven that's spend years planning the downfall finally puts their plans into motion. So I think Arthur and Khira will be able to catch a bit of a break afterwards.

With our villain, I agree. There should be a lot of planning involved. This isn't just some out of the blue infiltrator. Whoever this is has spent years planning this. This agency's been around for a long time and I assume they've been a thorn in the coven's side. So this goes beyond Arthur and Khira, but it'll be up to the two of them to stop it. There's going to be creatures they're using as cronies of sorts, higher ups, it's an organization of sorts. So a lot of planning will go into this. I think we'll have fun with this, but it does require a strong collaboration between us.

I think we've mad good progress so far. But we should meet soon, get a character sheet going so we know what we're talking about when we subtly introduce him. It'd be confusing if we just went with the flow and decided to make quick changes as we saw fit. Or maybe I'm someone who's just way too into planning. I dunno.

I do have a Yahoo, I think. I haven't used it in forever so it might take me time to dig up my old password and the like. MSN is obnoxious for me too, so no worries; we won't tread on those waters. I use AIM pretty often, but have no problem using Yahoo. Oh, it doesn't bother me. You use what you can to communicate; not sure why that would irritate people.

I'm normally not someone to sort of pester you either. Just because we both happen to be online doesn't mean I'll start spamming you with casual conversation. Unless you tell me clearly that, that sort of thing doesn't bother you. My friend and I speak and plan often through instant messenger, but we set times that we can both be around for and such. So odds are, I won't just surprise you and demand your attention without double checking first.

I'll go digging for my old username and I can PM you the information when I find it, if you want. Also, sorry again for this response being so delayed. I've been picking at it gradually all week with what spare time I have. xD
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1634981/w-allman

Back to top Go down

Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena) - Page 2 Empty Re: Guardian Angel Agency (Draco&Syrena)

Post by Syrena Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Spare time is in such demand this week! I’m not sure where all of mine went. I spent last week trying to catch up on a couple of projects, and all of a sudden I’m behind with several things. It’s a bit like a vicious circle. A nasty vicious circle. I’ll have to spend this week pulling myself out of a hole (and managing my time better)!

My family is a bit on the dysfunctional side, too. There are good moments, and there are bad moments. Lately, a lot of the moments are bad. My mother and I are fighting like angry, prissy cats. I’m going to leave town for a couple of days. I have my fingers crossed that the space will allow my mother and me to cool off and resume something resembling a civil relationship.

So, I understand family problems and family related absences! Getting your own space will definitely help ease some of the tension. I loved having my own space in college. Unfortunately, I had a lot of personal issues, (including bathroom sharing problems, xD), and had to move back home. I’m looking to move out again! Leaving town to get personal space is not a long term solution.

I’m sure you’ll give me something more than decent to work with! Plus, I already have Arthur hauling a body to the car and a creepy-crawly lurking somewhere in the forest. Whatever you provide will just add to the cake! (The icing will come when Khira finally gets Arthur back for the dead body. Or when Arthur meets Anna D. I can imagine Khira feeling rather smug as she introduces Arthur.)

Everything is always easier in black and white. You can kill werewolves with silver bullets, vampires with stakes through the heart, and so forth. Switching it up, even a little bit, will definitely add confusion. I doubt even Khira knows how to kill something that is half one thing and half something else. It will be a good team building exercise: discovering how to kill patchwork creations. Arthur and Khira will have to rely on each other.

I picked the idea up in a fantasy book as well as a couple of movies. The Underworld franchise has half-vampire/half-werewolf creatures running around. But the fantasy book had combinations off all sorts of monsters. The main character in the book didn’t have too much trouble killing the patchwork creations, but I thought we could put our own spin on it and make the creatures harder to kill.

Plus, I liked the idea of having different monsters crawling around with the classics.

The coven has probably been at work for a long time; although, I think patchwork monsters aren’t easy to create. Simply because they are a combination of so many different monsters and/or animals; keeping something alive that is made up of so many different parts has to be a challenge. I think so, at least. So, maybe there is just a handful running around.

(Arthur and Khira don’t need to know that, though!)

I think Arthur meeting Anna D will be a great introduction to suspicion. I’m struggling with how I want to introduce Khira’s “vampire symptoms.” Especially since I want to play with the concept of vampirism as a disease. I think the confrontation in the forest will be a good introduction—as soon as I figure out how to go about it—and then Khira’s acquaintance with Anna D…

I doubt Anna D is one of those people you just know because you’re part of the supernatural community. Although, Anna D probably knows almost everything about everyone using magic in her city. Heck, she probably knows almost everything about everyone who is a product of magic. Anna D undoubtedly knows all about Khira! (Of course, the coven is probably an exception. Who knows what kind of knowledge Anna D has about the villain? She might know everything or just small snippets of information. We’ll have to wait and see! And have a discussion about how far-reaching Anna D’s knowledge is.)

Anyway, if you have any ideas about introducing Khira’s “vampire symptoms,” please let me know!

I love the idea of Arthur’s ex-partner having a degree in psychology! Having him slip into the picture when Arthur finds out Khira is a vampire (or heading in the direction of the undead)—I just adore it! Arthur’s reaction probably isn’t pleasant, and acceptance won’t be easy in coming. He’ll need someone to talk to, and an old friend is probably just what he needs.

After all, I can’t picture Arthur sitting down to talk with a “real” psychologist or therapist who keeps a record of his feelings and whatnot.

Furthermore, Arthur’s true acceptance of Khira’s condition may not even come until a role play further down the line. There is a difference between working together because the need is high and there isn’t much of a choice, and truly accepting something about another person. Having a friend to lean on will definitely be a big help!

Since we both have an interest in continuing the role play as a series, we should think about some of the recurring villains we might like to have as well as themes and storylines. I know it is a bit early to consider these things! However, I would like to have a few open-ends for the sake of continuing the series. Tying everything up and capturing all the creepy-crawlies just won’t do for a series of role plays.

I think Arthur and Khira’s conflict over her supernatural status might be something that will be a good addition to future role plays. Especially since I cannot picture Arthur completely overcoming her lies (she didn’t tell him she was a vampire and I doubt she will) or reconciling her condition (he watched his werewolf friend get killed and now here is Khira the vampire). Watching Arthur slowly forgive her over a period of time will add to character development.

Also, perhaps one of the coven members survived. Maybe several coven members survived. Without the leadership of the coven-head, many of the members may have splintered into different groups that will cause trouble in the future. We should definitely talk about setting up a couple of influential coven members to play with later, if you are interested, of course.

Anyway, those are just a couple of things I wanted to throw out!

So, Christian Bale as the villain! We’ll have to start suggesting pictures for his profile. There are so many wonderful Christian Bale pictures out there… lol. (You totally can’t tell I’m a huge Bale fan, right?) And we desperately need to start his character sheet as well as discuss how much Anna D knows about his character.

Finally, instant messenger! Did you find your old Yahoo username? I will PM you my username tonight!

I think people are irritated that I use a mobile version of Yahoo because they can’t tell if I’m in the middle of something personal or out volunteering/working and open to discussion. lol. I keep trying to tell everyone that if I’m busy, I won’t respond right away. But no one listens. When I’m on the computer, everyone tends to think that even if I’m in the middle of something, they won’t be interrupting a date or an outing with a friend.

It’s all crazy if you ask me!

But I’m always open to messages on Yahoo! I like all the friendly “hey, how are you?” messages as well as the story plotting messages. I always say that I am not a “people person;” however, I am pretty chatty given the chance. (If you couldn’t already tell by my long OOC posts. xD.) Of course, I am happy to plan chats to discuss story and plot!

I’m pretty flexible. Whatever works is fantastic.

I also want to note, since I have been rather slow with replies, I do read absolutely everything in a timely fashion. Even if I have to read everything on my phone while I’m hiding in the bathroom. I do apologize that my replies take a while, though. I know the long wait time is frustrating, and I am hoping to get better about replying in a timely manner.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Tell me about it! My final exams are hanging over my head this week. Studying and reviewing like mad is sapping all my time. So I feel your pain. This coming weekend is much needed. I can't wait to have this week behind me.

I'm sorry to hear that! Family trouble is the worst kind; it's hard to really escape. I hope the air clears and that some time away does both of you some good. My mom and I are like cats and dogs too. Especially with college coming up and both of us having some differing opinions. So I know all about the rush to get out and be on your own. I'm excited to do so, but, knowing me, I'll be right back afterwards unable to find a job or something. I'm dreading it, but it's reality, especially with the economy near me.

You're too sweet. I hope you're alright that my reply is taking so long. I feel bad. It's on the top of my agenda this weekend so hopefully my response will pop up around then. I can't wait to see how Khira copes with all this. The dead body is one thing, the creepy crawler is another and then involving Anna D. Definitely not a boring night for Khira, haha. I am expecting something hilarious for Khira's revenge on Arthur though. Much like our patchworks, her revenge is probably going to have me in stitches. ...Is it too early for inside jokes? xD

I doubt even Arthur knows how to kill a patchwork. He's very by the book, old school. So he has tunnel vision. He's not used to anything breaking the norm, especially when he's been at this job for so long. So he'll be freaking out. But, as awful as it sounds, he'll be like a kid on Christmas when he kills his first patchwork. Might be an odd bonding moment for them, he'll be all cheeky, "did you see that?!" sort of thing. Already imagining a 1980's montage as they spend all night researching methods together.

I'm glad you brought the idea up! It's going to be tons of fun to work with. Gives our little story a unique twist too. I think it'll make things a lot more interesting than just regular monsters. Whenever they end up encountering a patchwork instead of a regular creature, they'll know something's up.

This coven has to have some powerful witches on their bankroll. Seems like there's some dark magic involved in creating the patchworks. It's always been my belief that witches are "servants of nature," and that they help keep the other creatures in balance. So it can't be easy messing with the order of things. But that's just my silly opinion. Feel free to disagree.

I'm not sure how you feel about this, but I think the symptoms could start gradually, but build as they recur. For example, I think you mentioned Khira being a bit displeased with the light in your first post. Maybe I'm making that up, I dunno. But obviously, vampires' vulnerability to sunlight is one thing. So maybe her intolerance for it grows and grows. And eventually, she could start feeling some natural anxiety towards Arthur's wooden spears and bullets? His car is covered in those.

Just some suggestions. I'm all about making character development and the like believable and, believe it or not, I've never played a vampire/werewolf before (blasphemy, I know) so I wouldn't know how to go about it and do it justice. So I could totally be giving you awful advice.

With Anna D, I imagine she knows everything about everyone, but she's an enigma of sorts to most. If you're in the know in the supernatural community, you've heard your share rumors and urban legends, but you have no idea what's true and what's false. If the title City Witch basically means she's the biggest, baddest spell caster in town, then I'm sure people in the supernatural world at least know her by name and reputation? That's your call, her being your character after all.

On that topic, and sorry for straying here, but I think Arthur might have a reputation of his own. He's the agency's best hunter so, even though he's not really involved in the supernatural world, the witches/vampires/wolves around town might know of him. Just a suggestion to make things even more hilariously awkward between Arthur and Anna D. I think there's a possibility of the two knowing the other exists, but knowing next to nothing specific about them.

If we could state a fair reason as to why she wouldn't share all her information with Arthur and Khira, I imagine Anna D knows of the villain/the coven, but doesn't give everything away. Maybe the details have escaped her, but, if pathworks are running around in her city, even if they're just in the dozens, I imagine she knows. She seems too clever to miss a phenomenon like that.

Yeah, it'll be fun to introduce him! That and I think it'll be an expert supporting role. It gives him reason to have recurring appearances and, he could even join a mission or two for "trust exercises." He could prove to be a valuable supporting role. I'm anxious to write up his sheet!

Even if he found a psychologist who was knowledgeable and comfortable with the supernatural, Arthur would never willingly sit down with them. He's your typical guy after all; never one to really open up about his feelings. His ex-partner may be the only person he wholeheartedly trusts.

I'd love to have Arthur's acceptance of Khira be gradual. I'm very much into realism and playing believable characters. So I think a mind blowing revelation like that would take some time for Arthur to accept. Especially if he and Khira build up a good working relationship and possibly a small friendship before her secret is revealed. He'd feel betrayed. That and his black and white view of the world gives him this stereotypical portrayal of vampires and werewolves so knowing he's worked well with one that doesn't fit into the mold is going to give him a migraine. It'd be great to have it as a recurring theme as the stories continue.

We do need something recurring in the form of antagonists to keep this thing going, I agree with that. I'd love to work with surviving coven members. This doesn't seem like a coven that would just roll over and give up because they're found out and they lose their leader. Especially if they've spent so much time on the patchworks and planning their master plan. Villains typically tend to go down fighting after all.

Also, this is just a thought, but I think it could be somewhat interesting to start throwing theology into the mix. I dunno. I love our classic mix of monsters and creepers and the patchworks are brilliant! But I'm a huge fan of angels and demons and the like. If you watch the Supernatural series, and I'm not sure if you do, the two main characters hunt demons and monsters, but halfway through the show, they introduced an angel as a recurring character.

Not that I want to copy their formula, but, I just love how they took classic monster hunting and then complicated it with theology. So, after this little "arc" is concluded, that could be a route we could head in? Just a suggestion. Feel free to shoot it down, my feelings won't be hurt. I'm just pleasantly overwhelmed with how many characters could come from that sort of plot twist. Ignore me.

Yes! Christian Bale! Random, but I think Arthur's ex-partner might be Leo DiCaprio, just to continue on with the Nolan theme. xD Yes, I'll start my search for Christian Bale pictures. Maybe we can meet on Yahoo Messenger and link our favorites and take a vote? I say his sheet/background/etc is the first thing we discuss in our first IM conversation, along with Anna D of course.

I think we're all set up on Yahoo! And, regarding the mobile thing, that's never been a bother to me. If I feel up to chatting, I initiate a conversation. If you're too busy to talk, casually or formerly about the RP, you can just say so. I don't take offense to that. I'm bluntly honest in that aspect too so I don't mind people telling me they can't talk at the moment because, if I'm too busy, I'll say the same.

Normally, I'm not too busy. I can always multitask between writing or homework and chatting. I do admit, if it's late enough for me, I may doze off without warning. I also get pulled away from the computer to do some random chore or whatever and I tend to forget. So apologies in advance for that. My human error loves to be active during IM conversations. xD

Oh, don't you worry about being slow! I take my time too. And these are some stressful weeks for me, with exams. So I'm going to be slow myself. When I get involved with a project that I love, I'm always in it for the long haul. So I have no problem waiting days, weeks, whatever. I'm a patient guy. As long as we're dedicated to continuing the project, I'm fine with however long it takes. Plus, I take long myself so I feel it fair to give my partners the same patience they give me. No worries.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 pm

Hopefully your final exams are behind you now!

Although, I cannot say I'm glad to have the week behind me. I had a fantastic week with my friend playing Mass Effect, running around Disney World, and eating way too much food. I couldn't resist the cookies in the confectionery shop at the Magic Kingdom, and my friend was only too happy to indulge my love for sweets. (Thankfully she indulged with me. So I didn't feel like too much of a pig.) Plus, the weather was wonderful!

I'm not thrilled to be home with my mother again. Admittedly, she seems a little less aggressive but there is still an edge to our interactions. My hope is that the edge dissipates with time. Otherwise I might need to look into living at the public library or Starbucks during the day. Or anywhere else with a reliable Internet connection! I have to have the Internet; especially since I'm a bit of an Internet addict!

Despite being a total Internet addict—well, I didn't keep up very well with this, now did I? I spent all my free time asleep. I did have some variety with my sleeping places—the bed, the sofa, and the floor—but I was fairly boring. Drooling on pillows and dreaming about floating cups isn't exactly exciting. But I am back now! And I do intend to spend more time haunting FoG and keeping up with things.

Out of curiosity, what are your plans for college? Sorry if that's a bit nosy! I always like to hear what others are up to these days. Even if I can't say anything impressive myself; saying I'm looking for a job is a conversation stopper (and dreadfully dull).

Anyway, please take all the time you need writing your reply! I know life is busy; although, hopefully life is a little less busy for both of us this week. Downtime is a wonderful thing.

When I first started role playing I could crank out three posts a day. (Keep in mind that each post was probably no more than five hundred words on average.) Now, I couldn't crank out three posts with five hundreds words each in a single day to save my life! I'm always amazed when I see someone create more than one quality role play post in a day. The slower pace is very appealing to me. Not that I wouldn't take more if I could get more, of course! lol

And it is never too early for inside jokes! Especially the ones the make me giggle. ^.^

I doubt Khira is coping well with anything. She's probably ready for her first therapy session. Not that she would go see a therapist… But she definitely has enough trauma, and then some, to cover many, many therapy sessions. Of course, there is also revenge. Revenge does wonderful things for relieving trauma. I'm still coming up with ideas for Khira's revenge. So if you have anything fun you want to toss out, please feel free!

Learning to kill a patchwork is going to be interesting for everyone! Although, maybe not so interesting for us because only Arthur and Khira are getting the 1980s montage of an all-night researching fest. You and I get all the hard work. Deciding how these things die isn't going to be easy. There are hundreds of options to choose from, after all. Silver bullets, beheading, wooden stakes, burning… And since the patchworks aren't ordinary monsters, the ordinary methods probably won't work as well.

Other than the beheading, of course. Beheading tends to kill just about everything; except, maybe, ghosts.

Also, is it awful if I told you I can picture Arthur having his cheeky “did you see that” moment? Depending on how much Khira has adjusted to working with Arthur, I can picture her feeling rather smug and proud too. She might even have a cheeky moment of her own!

Speaking of witches on the bankroll—what would you like to do with our dead witch? She definitely has the potential to be a witch who was formerly on the coven's bankroll. Or she was a witch who dug too deep and paid the price.

Both options seem a bit messy. After all, the coven isn't likely to leave a body lying around in plain sight. (Or in a forest.) I figure, though, that the coven ultimately bit off more than they thought they'd need to chew. The dead witch probably surprised them with the amount of magic she was able to wield, and she was smart enough to create a protection rune of some sort in the forest.

I think both options will definitely open up the investigation for Arthur and Khira. The dead witch will obviously have ties back to something, regardless of what her position was, and Anna D will help set the partners on the right path. Well, Anna D's version of the right path.

Still, this is definitely something we need to decide on because it will reflect how much information Anna D gives to Arthur and Khira. It will probably also make the subsequent poking around easier or harder. I imagine that if the dead witch were on the bankroll, she kept everything carefully hidden and protected with magic. Whereas, if the dead witch weren't on the bankroll, she might have left information for someone to find in case she died.

Finding leads in the investigation will still be a race against the clock. The coven will undoubtedly clean up after themselves. The dead witch lying in the forest was a fluke and not a regular occurrence, after all. Even with Anna D's help, Arthur and Khira will still have a lot of work waiting for them.

Honestly, I've never played with the idea of witches being “servants of nature.” I tend to have my witches play strictly (more or less) with dark magic. They also don't make long term appearances in any of my writing. Anna D is a first! However, I like the idea of witches being creatures of balance. The idea of witches being part of nature adds structure to our magic system, and potentially gives witches a belief system too.

For example, the witches in this story are more likely to feel connections to Mother Earth rather than a Christian god. This might be a good way to start incorporating some basic theology, if you feel so inclined. Of course, if witches are creatures of balance, I do wonder what causes some witches to specifically start using dark magic. Is it a corruption of some sort?

Those are just a couple of my thoughts on the matter. I would like to continue playing with the idea of witches being servants of nature. I also like the idea of tying more theology into the story. After all, some of the classic monsters were created with theology in mind. Vampires fearing holy water and crosses, for example.

I haven't seen much of Supernatural, (an episode with spiders scared the crap out of me; I don't do bugs of any kind. Especially spiders. So that was that), but if you can tell me how you want to tie in more theology beyond what I've mentioned—just let me know. However, I would like to start setting up any theology we might want to include now. I feel like if we dump it into the next role play—no matter how well we plan anything—it will sound bad. Putting down some basic groundwork in this role play might be a good idea.

If you have anything else to add or thoughts on the matter, please share!

Oh, yes! I remember Khira disliking the sunlight in my first post. That bit of detail truly exists. I also remember being a bit worried that I was the only one who would think it was one of her vampire symptoms…

Perhaps a gradual approach is best, then, and I kind of like the idea of Khira hating Arthur's car. It could turn into one of those funny moments. I think I also like the idea of her eventually being late to work because the sun is out and she can't stand being outside long enough to go anywhere. Fangs popping up sooner or later could also be interesting.

Regardless, I would like to develop a strong relationship between Arthur and Khira before shattering it. I do want to work with the feelings of betrayal and hurt at the end of this role play and at the start of the next one. Plus, I really want to bring Arthur's ex-partner onboard for as long as possible. Or, at the very, least have a variety of guest appearances.

The combination of Arthur, Khira, and Arthur's ex-partner should make for some very interesting moments. I can just imagine how the “trust exercises” would work out! Plus, I kind of picture Arthur's ex-partner being the glue that holds Arthur and Khira together after the big revelation as they rebuild their relationship.

As far as Anna D goes—

I think the entire supernatural world knows her by name or by reputation or by both. I doubt she's one of those people who can be gracefully swept under the carpet and forgotten. Unless, of course, one happens to be suicidal.

Khira probably knows Anna D since she spent so much time with the supernatural community as she was growing up, and she's now a member of that community. I'll have to work out a history between the two of them. Because I doubt Khira is the kind of person who would randomly ring Anna D's doorbell and hope for the best; although, she might tell Arthur otherwise. I also like the idea of Anna D knowing about Arthur and his reputation for killing things in her community. It would certainly make for an interesting meeting.

On another note, we could assume Anna D is knowledgeable about the coven. Simply because you're right; she wouldn't miss a phenomenon like patchwork monsters running around her city.

Heck, she may have even created the first patchwork creations. Or she offered pointers on how to create better, stronger patchwork creations. And she simply doesn't tell Arthur and Khira everything because she isn't the type to put all her eggs in one basket. She may have business deals with the coven and profits if they succeed or fail in their plans. She most likely has business deals with a variety of other members of the supernatural community as well.

Whatever happens, Anna D profits and maintains her status. She has worked too long and too hard to let her position as City Witch disappear if the coven is successful or if Arthur and Khira put a stop to it. Thoughts?

So, this is a bit embarrassing to admit, but I can't seem to find my file of Christian Bale pictures! I'm starting to wonder if my computer ate it. Or worse. I keep hoping the pictures are on my external hard drive, but I haven't had much luck sifting through all my files. It looks like I might have to start combing the Internet for my favorite pictures all over again! Alas, my status as a Christian Bale fan girl has definitely taken a blow! A big blow.

xD!

I'm all up for having DiCaprio being Arthur's ex-partner! This theme thing has been working out nicely so far. Maybe we should work in the guy who played Bane. His name escapes me at the moment! But he might make a good recurring coven villain; he might even be the thing that killed the witch and got caught up in her spell.

We are all set up on Yahoo! And I'll start showing up online again starting Monday and, perhaps, over the weekend. We can start dishing out a proper character sheet soon! At least I hope so. I'm very excited for our villain and would love to have him worked up as soon as possible! And don't worry about dozing off mid-conversation on Yahoo. I do that all the time. Or I get distracted by something that needs my immediate attention (usually the cats trying to kill each other or something else that is entirely random). So, I completely understand!
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:19 pm

They are, at last! I managed to piece together straight A’s for the semester. My first time ever doing so and honestly, not sure if it was worth the blood, sweat and tears lol.

Your past week sounds like it was much more fun than mine. I love Disney World! My family takes a trip annually, usually, so it’s always a bit of a dream come true to visit. I’ll never be too old for that place. Disney sweets are the best kind of sweets. When I’m there, I’m always blowing my healthy food diet. I say it’s worth a little indulgence. Lucky you with that weather. Snow, slush and freezing is all I’ve had for weeks. Pfft.

I do hope your situation improves. Feeling like you have an enemy in your home is very uncomfortable and just miserable all around. I know the ling, living at the library or at Starbucks. I frequent there myself. Internet addicts unite! I’m way too invested in the internet, not to mention introverted, to handle being away for too long.

You don’t need to worry! You were getting so much needed R&R and I didn’t give you anything to return to. I can’t excuse my slow pace in getting such a simple response out, but I’ve been plagued by the tragic “get called to do something every time you sit down to write” bug. My New Year’s resolution has been to pull a bit more weight around here and, though it’s good life experience no doubt, it’s drained some of my free time. So, though I’ve claimed to be better at responding in a timely manner, I’m going to try and stay committed to it.

I’m what you’d call a coaster. I didn’t really try too hard during my high school career, no clubs/sports/etc. And I’m normally a B, B- kind of guy. So, instead of getting my hopes up for multiple universities only to receive rejection, I’ve just decided on attending community college for my first two years. It’s just ten minutes away, a lot cheaper and, in all honesty, I don’t think I’m ready to pack up and move to the other side of the country, or even a few states away, just yet. I’d like to get into social services, or teaching. I have a passion for helping children. It sounds weird when I say it out loud, but just helping better their lives is a passion of mine.

But, then again, us teenagers are known for switching our majors and such around impulsively. So I may wake up tomorrow with a new plan for my life. xD I’m weird like that. And, I don’t mind you asking! I’ve been asked so many times, it doesn’t really annoy or stress me out anymore. So thank you for asking, very considerate of you. ^^

It’s floating in my Word, halfway done just nagging me to finish it. I promise I’ll give you something super soon! I just hope it’ll be something you can work well with. I don’t want to move things too much, but I want to give you some content to enjoy and work with, not just useless BS.

You and I have very different roleplaying origins. My friends and I could crank out a good few dozen or so on a summer’s night. Granted, our posts were 4-8 sentences on average. I have no idea how I managed. I’m a natural rambler and now I can’t not type at least 500 words. Agreed. Not only am I busy, and somewhat lazy, but I like to think my posts all the way through before writing them. So it always takes me forever and a day. I can’t thank you enough for being patient. You’re a wonderful partner and I already have such a love for our newborn literary baby. xD

…If only you could get punch cards for therapy sessions, it might be an incentive for Arthur and Khira to actually invest in it. The Lord knows they’ll need it, or, already need it. Part of me wants to be totally surprised and caught off guard so Arthur’s response can be raw. I’m shaking with gleeful suspense, but I’m partly worried what evil Khira might have up her hands. Either way, Arthur deserves it. A running gag plot line might be them in a competition to intimidate one another…unspoken, of course.

True. We’ll have to work out the technicalities. Perhaps even assign one of us to posting up all the rules in this thread when we do get it all sorted out so we don’t forget. It’s definitely going to be an interesting challenge. Since they’re half and halves, the wooden stake/silver bullet method may not suffice. Perhaps we can develop a weak spot? I’m not sure if I picture these monsters looking literally like they’ve been sewed together, but there might be a fatal weak point. …But that may be too convenient.

That’s what I’m bringing to the table. If you find a weak spot to be too convenient and not enough of a challenge, we can always go with Arthur throwing caution to the wind and deciding it might just be best to behead them. He’s so technical, he’d be hesitant about that, but if it ended up getting the job done… But let me know what’s on your mind.

Naw, not at all. Joseph Gordon Levitt has too cute a face when he’s cheeky and gleeful. So I find it way too easy to picture myself. Killing their first Patchwork might be their first summer camp, campfire moment. Cheering, the awkward hug before remembering that they don’t care much for each other and shyly pulling away. xD …See? I’m too invested in the idea. Ignore me.

Ah yes, the dead witch. Well, first off, my thought is that Anna D is probably going to recognize her. But whether or not she’ll reveal what Arthur and Khira need to know about her and her rune is still up in the air. My thought is that maybe this witch grew wiser to the Patchworks, maybe the protective rune is some sort of guarding spell from them? If a Patchwork is what’s lurking in the woods, about to attack Arthur and Khira, it could be weakened by the rune, explaining why Arthur and Khira will survive the encounter relatively unscathed.

And, if we went down that route, it’d explain why the coven (and maybe even Anna D) didn’t want her around. If she knew some spell that could weaken the power of their Frankenstein’s, it’d be the incentive for them killing her off.

I think the idea of this witch having been involved with the coven is interesting, but I’m wondering if that would introduce them too fast. I mean, yeah, they’re obviously lurking, being masterminds behind everything. But Arthur’s obviously never heard of them. So, if this witch was involved with the coven, and Arthur or Khira did some digging, they could find out a lot pretty fast. But that’s just me. Let me know what you think, or speak up if I’m not making sense.

My vote goes towards the coven having bitten off more than they could chew with this witch and though their disposal of her was sloppy, she was someone they needed gone asap. And I imagine Anna D would give away just enough to give Arthur and Khira a small lead, to get them out of her hair, but, of course, hang a price of some sort over their heads.

I’ve typically done a half and half. I imagine witches who would practice dark magic began serving themselves. Since dark magic is typically considered more powerful in most fiction. But, I always struggled with Harry Potter type wizards, who just live. I’ve always felt like the price of the gift of magic is having to be more or less some sort of servant. Again, just my silly opinion. I think Anna D, specifically, is a bit of a self server, hence explaining her power and how long she’s been around.

Supernatural takes some warming up to and a strong stomach. All the blood turned me off for a while, and I'm no fan of spiders myself. I'm thinking of theology in the sense of angels and demons being real and among normal humans. With vampires, werewolves, Patchworks and, possibly, ghosts, I'm not sure if it would be much of a stretch. But, I think it'd be ironic since they're the Guardian Angel Agency and then an angel became a supporting recurring character. I like to think angels can come and go as they please and, when they have a "mission" of sorts, they roam the earth until their task is complete. So, if an angel had a mission to assist Arthur and Khira in hunting something down, that'd be a way to introduce a recurring angelic character.

We don't need to get into technicalities of religion. But in Supernatural for example, they primarily hunt demons and an angel comes down from heaven now and then to assist them. That sort of scenario, in a way. Perhaps we could create a recurring character at the agency who ends being an angel in the next roleplay or something along those lines. I imagine neither Arthur or Khira are that religious so it might be hard to introduce the theology theme off the bat.

I dunno. I'm rambling and not really coming up with anything good. We can disregard that I even brought the concept up, unless you have something in mind.

I like the gradual change for Khira best too. And yes, we do need to develop something strong between them. I think a friendship between them would be silent. They'd develop a huge attachment on each other and care deeply, though neither of them are the type to just say that out loud. So I think, after the first few missions, we can show that they're warming up and actually becoming friendly with each other. I love a gradual development for their friendship.

Clearly, right now, Arthur thinks of Khira as incompetent and she thinks he's crazy. So maybe some life or death situations will have them reconsidering and with all the time they spend together, we can begin to show a bond forming. And, after a while, Khira's secret will come out and tear that all down, in a sense.

I think the three of them will make a great team of three. It'll take a while for Arthur and Khira to get their groove back, probably a very long time, but having Arthur's former partner on the scene might help ease the tension. He'll probably play the middle man. He'll try and get their feelings out of them and the like. He might even be someone Khira comes to like.

But he can help rebuild their crushed bond. I think it'll be interesting to work with a bit of a regular trio when the time comes instead of just the typical duo. Arthur's old partner will probably bring a lot to the table. It'll be lots of fun to see how it plays out.

Regarding Anna D, I like to think she's pretty heavily involved and knowledgeable about what's going on. Though I doubt she'll be willing to reveal too much. She might have investments in the coven, or maybe something or over. If it doesn't suit her interests, I don't see any reason as to why Anna D would reveal anything to our dynamic duo.

I imagine her having some interest in the coven's work. If they succeed, she'll definitely profit and go unharmed. But, I think, after she realizes Arthur and Khira are an interesting pair and a threat to the coven, she may put some stock in them, just to cover her tracks and keep from suffering any major losses. She's extremely powerful, but the last thing she needs are considerable enemies, I imagine.

You did? That's a shame! I hope you can find your pictures. I have a handful of pictures I enjoy, I guess we're both "fangirls." We can meet on Yahoo sometime soon and exchange pictures and see which ones we like.

DiCaprio is a bit old for what I'm imagining for Arthur's former partner, but he'll work well, I think. I just like him too much to pass him up and he fits the Nolan theme we have. xD Tom Hardy! I love Tom Hardy! He'd be fun to use in that spot. We'll have to get Cillian Murphy and Ellen Page in on this too. I vote, if we ever need to use the president of the agency, we make him Morgan Freeman. xD

Ah, sorry this took so long. I started typing this up days ago, so if anything I said is outdated at all, just disregard it. I'll get better at keeping up with you, I promise.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Hey!

Your post looks fantastic. Although, I have the sinking suspicion that Khira would love the strangle Arthur right about now. Or maybe not strangle. Strangling might be too kind. Poor girl. She has her work cut out for her. At least revenge will be sweet.

I’ll start work on my post later this week!

February was ripped away from me. Time just trickled through my fingers like sand. I also blame my new obsession with White Collar. I’m not particularly fond of the show, but I can’t seem to stop watching it. Netflix is a dangerous thing.

So, this is going to be my version of Spark Notes. Or Cliff Notes. Or whatever the quick and sweet version of summary writing is called. Hopefully, I’ll hit all the high points! And, then, all the smaller details and plot threads and whatnot for later portions of the story can be reworked in.

(I almost feel like this thread needs a table of contents. Something to highlight where all the character information is, the rules for magic, a guide to the creepy crawlies, and whatever else we come up with.)

Patchworks—

The idea of a fatal weak point seems too convenient.

However, I’m not sure what to suggest as an alternative. Beheading them will certainly kill them. I keep thinking, though, that Arthur and Khira won’t be able to behead every patchwork that comes there way. There has to be another way to kill these things… I just can’t think of anything yet.

Anna D and the Dead Witch—

So, Anna D knows everything. (She would.) And is selling scraps of information for a price. I have a feeling she’ll give Arthur and Khira the name of the dead witch—for a reasonable (maybe) price—and, then, anything else from Anna D is going to cost an arm, a leg, and possibly a soul or two.

I was also partial to the coven biting off more than they could chew with the dead witch. Plus, a sloppy disposal will let us play with forensics a little bit.

Maybe the sloppy disposal leads to a set up? The disposal was messy, but the witch is dead. Arthur and Khira poke around, but don’t bag and tag the evidence. They just walk away with a couple of iPhone pictures and a dead body. All the forensic type stuff is sitting in the forest, so what if the coven steps in and covers its tracks and leads the duo somewhere else.

Of course, backtracking is just a delaying tactic. The coven bought time in figuring out what to do with Arthur and Khira and their blooming partnership. Perhaps the coven is responsible for the rift between Arthur and Khira later. There is no better way to derail a case than put the people working the case at each other’s throats, after all.

Angels and Religion—

I don’t have any problems creating a recurring character that turns out to be an angel. It would give us a plot line for the sequel to this role play. Although, you’re right, it is too soon to introduce an angelic character. The introduction of such a character is probably going to be closer to when Arthur and Khira discover the coven. However, it definitely isn’t too early to discuss how we might introduce such a character and how the character fits into everything.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 am

Glad you enjoyed it! You've got the right to beat me with a stick if I keep you waiting that long again, though. Just so you know. I think, when all's said and done, we can hand the "Went Through the Most Hell" award to Khira. Poor girl. Whatever comes Arthur's way, it's well deserved.

For a short month, it's been long for me. I'm predicting a hard time through March. White Collar though? Interesting. Netflix has a way of doing that. It sucked me into Teen Wolf last week, so I understand.

I think I can try and pull together a table of contents sometime this weekend. Because I agree. We've done a lot of talking and it'd be nice to highlight the most important points, like character sheets and ground breaking ideas and the like. If you think any specific points should be noted, just let me know. Sorting through our walls of text might be hard and I know I'll miss something. xD But, once I have enough free time to tackle the job, I'll be sure to!

I'll steal your strategy for responding; it seems pretty effective.

Regarding Anna D and the witch,

Sounds right. Anna D seems like she's got a library of supernatural knowledge right in her head. I do wonder what she's going to charge Arthur and Khira for the information. It won't be cheap or easy, we know that. Do you have anything in mind? I honestly can't remember if we discussed method of payment (see my table of contents paragraph above! xD).

So we're agreed on the biting off more than chewable, then. And forensics. I'm awful at all things science, but I've got a soft spot for forensics. It'd be nice to have the opportunity to let Arthur play cop. Those skills stay with you, after all.

I like that! If Arthur was smart enough in the moment to gather some traces of blood, cause I bet there's some, he could probably have the murderers' identity in a few days' time which would lead him right to the coven and case closed right away. And that's no fun. So, while they're visiting Anna D, the coven could clean up their mess, leading the duo to explore a new lead. What that lead is, we can decide later, but I like the idea. Can't have things too easy for these two now can we?

Oooh. Interesting. However Arthur learns of Khira's vampirism...that could b the coven's doing? Sounds like something they'd do.

Regarding Angels/Theology

Once we have the finer details fleshed out, like our Christian Bale antagonist, maybe we can start talking about an angel and how they play into things. I'm a nerd that loves the idea of theology and working it into a story, but, it might be best put on the back burner, compared to fleshing out the coven etc. But, when the time comes, we can definitely have our fun with developing something.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:39 am

XD! I don't think I'll ever need to beat you with a stick. The leisurely wait between posts isn't a big deal. I appreciate that there isn't a rush to write a new post. We have time to think things through and chat about some of the themes and characters we want to decorate our world with. And, as time trickles by, we're both still in love with our world. As long as we're both dedicated to this project, waiting for a new post isn't going to be an issue.

A table of contents, however, isn't something we should wait too long on! We're both pretty chatty about some of the themes and characters we want to add into the story. I'm shocked we haven't managed to overwhelm ourselves with information. Then again, maybe we have overwhelmed ourselves with information and we simply haven't noticed yet. After all, there are a lot of plot threads hanging around.

Somewhere.

And Khira hasn't even introduced Arthur to Anna D yet! A very small part of me is afraid to see what we'll come up with before we finish this role play. A bigger part of me is very much on board for whatever crazy stunts we pull!

Now that February is over, I am hoping to be more responsive in our OoC thread as well as the actual role play. February is such an odd month. All my time slipped through my fingers like sand. But the first bit of the month dragged on forever and it wasn't pretty! February isn't a long month, it's a short one. Although, it always feels long and short; sometimes I wonder how February manages to combine long and short together. It's awful.

I hope your March isn't as hard you're predicting!

(Oh, Teen Wolf keeps popping up in my recommendation list on Netflix. Is the show any good? I need something new to watch now that I don't have any more White Collar.)

Of Angels and Theology (and the Coven),

First, a confession. I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. So, if I sound like I've lost my mind—honestly, just smile, nod, and say something nice. Eventually I'll come off the sugar rush and pass out in my bed like a normal human being. Until then…

I've always had an obsession with angels; especially fallen angels. Something about a fall from grace with (or without) the chance for redemption has always been a source of fascination. Of course, angels in general are a subject I am more than happy to be a nerd about.

I know we've both discussed putting the idea of angels on the back burner until we develop the story a little more; however, I was wondering if you might like to intertwine angels and the Coven. We haven't really developed the Coven. Yes, we've talked about the Coven's ability to create patchwork monsters. And we've also talked about the Coven's long existence. We haven't talked about much else, though.

So, perhaps, for example, our Christian Bale antagonist is a fallen angel. Or, perhaps, the Coven is using angelic power to create the patchwork monsters. (Maybe the feathers from the wings of angels give life to the patchwork monsters.)

Those aren't very developed ideas. But I thought I would throw them out there, and see if we wanted to use anything to help develop the Coven as well as our main antagonist. After all, we can't keep putting off the Coven's development. Or the main villain's development.

Of Vampirism,

I love the idea of the Coven exposing Khira as a monster. I've been dreaming up possible scenarios ever since I brought the idea up. (It's like the campfire moment when Arthur and Khira kill their first patchwork monster. Only my vision isn't as clear or wickedly gleeful. Yet.)

Although, I think as Arthur and Khira get to know each other better, Arthur will pick up clues. He's not dumb. Some part of him is going to recognize that she's acting like a vampire. I think Khira will downplay the symptoms or outright deny them, and since she and Arthur are working together as a team—he'll take her word that she's human and rationalize the symptoms as something else.

So, I think the coven would put on quite the show in unveiling Khira's condition. The event, I think, would definitely be trust shattering. And would need to happen at such a time where Arthur and Khira don't have time to reconcile because they need to save the world.

I don't think we need to start planning a demonstration yet. But it's something to keep in mind while we work through some of our other plot things.

Of Anna D,

I thought for the name of the dead witch, Anna D demands a vial of blood from Arthur and one from Khira.

A vial of blood isn't a huge price, but it is a creepy one. Plus, there's the potential for blood magic. Voodoo. And Khira is a vampire so her blood could potentially lead to all sorts of things. Furthermore, giving a vial of blood probably won't scare Arthur away from Anna D permanently. There is a chance that he'll come back—with or without Khira—for more information.

I have a feeling that Anna D might be one of those people who collects favors and small things, like vials of blood, and then waits to use her favors and small things with devastating consequences. If you've ever watched Once Upon a Time, I think Anna D is a bit like Mr. Gold/Rumplestiltskin.

Of Witches (in general),

Yes, the Coven bit off more than they could chew with the dead witch. And Anna D is perfectly happy to give Arthur and Khira the name of the dead witch for a price. However, even with the name, I think Arthur and Khira will have a hard time breaking into “witch society.”

I figure, witches live in houses and apartments like the rest of us ordinary people. Perhaps, a couple of witches have regular, mundane jobs. But a small part of me thinks that witches might be part of something like a secret society. After all, Khira knew the woman was a witch after finding her ring.

Regardless, tracking down witches to confirm identities or ask questions is probably next to impossible. I doubt they like to chat about themselves or their friends. Ideas of witch hunts may not be that far from their minds either.

Anyway, this isn't a piece of information I've fleshed out or thought about much. I just wanted to toss it out and see what you thought!

Of Forensics (just because),

Science was never one of my strengths either. At least the chemistry and physics portion of science. (I guess earth science, too, since I never paid attention in that class.) But, I did do mostly well in biology and I did very well in microbiology. Plus, I have a soft spot for forensics. So, I'm kind of giddy about working with whatever forensic type things we get to play with!
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:00 pm

You’re too sweet. Hands down, you’re one of the best partners I’ve had the pleasure of working with. I always feel guilty when I can’t push out something immediately, but, my passion for my projects always burns strong. So I’m glad we have similar mindsets. Hard to believe we’ve had this story cooking for a few months now! I never expected to fall in love with this story as much as I have!

Okay! I do have a rough table of contents in the work. I’ll probably edit it in to the first post of this thread after I post this reply. So take a look, pass judgement and the like. I’m highlighting character sheets, and any ground breaking ideas. It’s mostly going to be Coven talk, I think, at least for right now. I’ll fish through and find the most enlightening post about Angels and link that too. Sorting through our walls of text has been difficult. I find something I need to add, but then I wonder “is the response to this more valuable to add?” And then I end up reading our entire thread. xD Not sure if I’m making any sense. Long story short, it’ll be up! Tell me what you think and feel free to suggest I add anything.

A story can only grow. We’re just getting started; we have our two mains and a force they need to tackle, but all the in between meat is still up in the air. Arthur and Khira will meet their fair share of crazy characters and experience their own misadventures before we’re done with them, that’s for sure.

February is a weird month. It’s so short and yet, it’s not. Being in high school, I got that mid winter break that’s to die for and, even with that, February felt endless. March is an odd month. I feel like it’s the longest somehow. With graduation right around the corner, I’m getting really antsy, I guess. Here’s to hoping that March is a more tolerable month for both of us!

(It depends if plunging teenagers into the supernatural is your cup of tea. If so, you’ll enjoy it. The way the show is shot, the camera work and the like, is awful. It has a slight soap opera feel to it. And the fight scenes and effects are pretty awful too. Seems like a low budget show. But, the characters/writing/plot is brilliant. Their villains are well rounded and they make sure to remind you that they’re students; they don’t just disregard school. I really like it.)

Angels/Theology/Coven talk

I'm addicted to those things. You're totally fine, no worries.

I love angels too. I'm fascinated by it all. Same with Fallen Angels and Demons. I like exploring what abilities they might have, what makes them fall and the like. The chance at redemption and everything dealing with those concepts, I love it all. So we can be theology nerds together.

Can I just say, I love your idea! Love it to pieces! It gave me a fit and I was distraught that I had to awhile to type up my reply. If Christian Bale is a fallen angel, we have a light of possibilities for motivation. We also have an explanation as to why the Coven's existed for so long. I like to imagine that angels are immortal and they don't lose that trait when they fall. So our antagonist could be running around for centuries, possibly longer. It'd almost be a good source of comic relief for Arthur to question who's older, Christian Bale or Anna D. xD

Anyways, I love that! I'd love to work with it and it gives us a good running start in developing the Coven. We may need to finally schedule a time to meet on Yahoo to flesh out some finer details. I'd like to get started on the antagonist's character sheet. And maybe we can draft a giant info post on the Coven and how they create Patchworks. That'd be a big help for the table of contents.

Let me know when you're free. This week is so easy for me. Our juniors are taking their standardized tests (God be with them), but that means us seniors have that time off. So let me know!

I'd love to develop them. I really would. Making Bale a Fallen Angel is almost too genius! I love it. And it could prove to be the perfect transition into introducing more characters having to do with angels and demons. It's brilliant! You're brilliant!

Khira's Vampirism talk

Ah, you're cruel. I like it. Let me know if you come up with any specific visions. It'll be such a heart breaking scene, that's for sure.

Oh, Arthur will definitely be picking up on the signs later on, if not almost immediately. He's not dumb. And he's also a trained investigator. Not to mention he had a best friend who hid the supernatural from him. He's no stranger to this ballgame. I think, as Arthur comes to care for Khira, he'll enter this denial sort of placebo effect mindset. He'll notice the signs, but, because she's Khira and because he can't go through losing another friend, he'll refuse to acknowledge it and, because he refuses to acknowledge it, it's not true. His mind will play games on him.

If the Coven reveals the truth, he'll probably have seen it coming for a long time. But being forced to see the truth so cruelly is what will do the damage, I think. He'll distance himself and treat her coldly because, one, she'll probably have had multiple opportunities to come clean by then and two, he can't lose someone else this way. So it won't hurt as bad if he's not attached.

But hey, that's what his old partner is for, though getting Arthur to admit any of that is going to be a challenge.

The revelation is down the road, but it will be trust shattering, like you said. And it could serve well as the climax to this story, giving them little time for closure. It'll be one of those moments where it's like "suck it up, we have to save the world!" And then they'll part ways with their friendship shattered, until the next story comes along.

Anna D talk

Ah, a vial of blood is a mysterious price indeed. Arthur won't think twice about it because, though she's a powerful witch, he won't see any use in it for her. But, he'll know full well that he's making deals with the devil every time he visits her. Arthur will probably return to her again because, he'll have exhausted his other options. She'll be his go to girl when he's in a jam.

With Khira's blood, that'll be interesting. I wonder what she'll do with that. Hell, she could even sell it to the Coven for whatever purpose. Anna D's always got a plan, so something as simple as blood might just get her wheels turning.

I've watched a bit of OUAT and I do see a lot of Mr. Gold in her. Actually makes me wonder if there's someone out there she sincerely cares for. Her Belle, so to speak. But that is an interesting comparison.

Witches talk

I like that. Witches probably do walk among regular people. It's probably easiest for them, in comparison to other supernatural creatures. Witches have been persecuted all throughout time, so, I do imagine they keep quiet when talking with non magical folk. Whoever our dead witch is was probably a big name, like Anna D. She's apparently powerful and the Coven was scared of her. So I imagine Anna D will know her well, maybe even more than she gives away to Arthur and Khira.

Once they learn her name, I think Arthur might try to dig. At least he'll try and research the rune and what magic might be involved with it. If the Coven does a good job of cleaning up, I'm not sure how we'll move forward after visiting Anna D. It might be too convenient, but perhaps the duo can find something at the scene to work with. Or maybe the witch was able to leave some hidden message behind. I'm not sure.

My mind's numb. It's Sunday night after a weekend of relaxation and a day of homework. So, I can't exactly remember if this was discussed between us or not. But, I'm thinking we can rap up this first case with Arthur and Khira learning that Patchworks exist or something of the like. If we decide the witch left a message, that could be it. Or...they could learn about Patchworks through good old fashion investigation.

I'm just throwing ideas around. Ignore me.

Forensics talk

Earth science, chemistry and physics are all kinds of awful. I'm much more of an English person. A lot of my electives have been focused on studying literature and learning how to write. Math and science are just weird for me. I don't care about numbers of explanations on why we exist or why a certain rock is a certain way.

Forensics is odd because I fell in love with it. I originally just needed a credit, hence why I chose the year long Forensics class. But I came in and just adored it. I'm huge into psychology too, which I guess is a social science? So I was able to understand Forensics because psychology is wrapped up in there.

Our current unit is fluids, blood and the like. So, try not to roll your eyes if we decide the Coven's left blood behind. Because I'll just dedicate a post to showing off my knowledge through Arthur. On that note, I don't claim to be a genius. Much like CSI/Criminal Minds/Bones, don't be angry if something I say is a little inaccurate. There's a lot of inaccuracy when Forensics is fictional writing, apparently.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:53 am

March is slipping through my fingers like sand which is oddly reminiscent of time in February. I find the lack of time horribly unfair, and I would blame Daylight Savings for my missing time if the sun wasn't out later and later every day.

Anyway, I apologize that everything on my end is slow. Painfully slow. Monday and Wednesday are awful days this week but everything else looks rather tame. Provided I don't have to beat anything with a stick, I am hoping to have a post written up this week. I'll also write up some more thoughts/ideas for our villain and whatnot after I get a post written.

However, I want to discuss something with you first!

I know we chatted a little bit about having Tom Hardy act as one of the villains, and I also think we discussed the possibility of having Hardy be a patchwork monster who killed the witch. Perhaps, though, Hardy isn’t a patchwork monster but a werecat. I know that sounds a bit crazy!

But I was thinking that perhaps a werecat would have a “messy” kill like a werewolf as well as the “elegance” of a vampire—basically a combination of finesse and hasty that killed the witch. Plus, Khira and Arthur would probably be able to survive an attack by a member of a were family versus a patchwork creation.

And I can kind of picture Hardy as a giant, killer cat. His voice was so soft, almost gentle, in The Dark Knight Rises but he was absolutely vicious... A cat kind of strikes the same image, don't you think? Okay, so, any chance you'll let me have a werecat lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce on Arthur, Khira, and a dead witch? xD.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:14 pm

I know this feeling too well. Though, I don't mind March speeding by in a haze; I'll be in Florida in 10 days so it can go as fast it wants! Daylight Savings has thrown me off my game a bit, so, it's a pretty logical excuse in my book. I do miss having the sun out less, If I must be honest.

No need to apologize! I've had a busy weekend and a busy week ahead. I won't bore you with a story, but I was in an accident on Friday and now I have to help my parents deal with insurance, since my baby 2001 Taurus is totaled. So, take all the time you need, I doubt I'll have much time to breathe myself. Though I am excited to see your response! I am excited to discuss our villain more in depth too! We were hitting some great points the other night.

I'm still game for Hardy! I love his acting, whether he's a sarcastic ass to JGL in Inception or the terrifying Bane. He'll make a great addition to our cast. And a werecat is a very interesting idea. I would've never thought of it. Honestly, when I imagine werecats, all I can think of is how they're somehow made erotic by anime and odd video games and such. I'm not sure why that's all that comes to mind, rather than a werewolf, just in more of a feline form.

Plus, a werecat, I assume, would have all the qualities that fit the bill of our witch killer, like you said. It's interesting. I like it. I have faith that you can write the monster in a way that impresses me and changes my odd view of the creature, and, with Tom Hardy's face/body/everything, I have to fear and love it automatically. So yes, I am most definitely on board with the idea!

So, if a werecat killed the witch and is lurking in the bushes for our lovely duo to find, then that's quite alright with me! It might be nice to introduce the Patchworks at a later time too, once we have everything about Bale established, so we know exactly what we're talking about. My number one pet peeve with myself is when I write something and then develop a new concept that renders what I wrote non-canon or inconsistent, so I'd like to avoid that. ^^
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:56 pm

So... It's been a while.

I've had some drama worthy of a soap opera happening on my end. (And then some.) Everything from my computer dying and deleting my files, a car crashing into store front and delaying my new computer order, family fights, wildfires... And I lost the website. One day footstepsofghosts.com didn't exist and I was a bit too lazy to find the new (old?) website url again.

However, I did stumble back here eventually. I also haven't forgotten this role play. I have half a response written up. I just need to finish up a scene or two. Which I could probably do today.

But, (because I spent a lot of time reading the "Hello?" thread in general discussion and got slightly nervous about the future of this website), I thought I might ask if you're still interested in continuing Guardian Angel Agency with me.

So, any chance you aren't furious with me for walking out abruptly without warning and might want to continue writing with me?
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Hey! I'll say first off that I'm not mad at all. Real life happens to all of us unfortunately, and it forces itself to come first. Real life is kicking my butt currently as well, so I get it. I hope you have all your issues sorted out! It does sound like you went through a lot and I can only offer my best wishes.

I am glad to hear you're well. I was worried something tragic had happened to you. So, hearing from you eased my anxiety. Even if you've had a lot of obstacles these past few months, I'm glad you're well enough to make your way back here.

As for FOG, I guess I'm not very in the loop with what's going on. Some have moved to another site, others plan to stay. I love the atmosphere of this site and have three years of work with a friend here, so I'm thinking I'll be staying. So, all that to say, if you're still up for continuing, I am too! I have to admit I've got a huge muse/soft spot for our little duo and the thought of continuing their story excites me.

I'm not furious, just glad to hear you're alive! And I do mean that genuinely; I'm so anxious I always worry when internet friends disappear for lengthy periods of time. So I hope you've gotten all your troubles sorted out, you definitely don't deserve them!

Continuing sounds wonderful to me! I'll warn you, I will be out of commission this week. I'm getting wisdom teeth pulled first thing tomorrow morning, and, with my very low pain tolerance, I imagine I'll be bed ridden for a few days. So, if you don't mind waiting for me to get my wits about me, I'm very happy to continue. Who knows, us posting might spark some life back into this site? Doesn't hurt to think big. ^_^
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Yay!  I’m so glad you’ll continue to write with me.  ^.^  

I really do have a soft spot for this role play.  Plus, I think Arthur and Khira are fantastic together.  I’ve spent quiet a bit of time day dreaming up different scenarios for when Arthur meets Anna D.  Maybe even too much time day dreaming up scenarios…

Now, I can put all those daydreams to good use.  lol

And I don’t mind you being out of commission at all for a week or so!  Having your wisdom teeth pulled sounds horrible.  My pain tolerance is low, too.  And I’ve spent years avoiding—(and very successfully, I might add,)—having my wisdom teeth pulled.  

Hopefully you won’t experience too much pain tomorrow!

I fell behind with writing today.  There’s a part of my post I keep tripping over.  Well, more like falling over in an awkward heap of awkwardness.  It isn’t pretty.  I am hoping to untangle myself and post this week.

If I can’t untangle myself from my awkward mess, I’ll go ahead and post what I already have.  Our action sequence will probably be a little bit longer if I don’t untangle myself.  (I promise you'll have something work with.  After all, I do have a werecat standing over Khira and breaking a rib or two.)  Provided that’s okay with you, of course!

I don’t want to make you wait for a post any longer than you already have.  Especially since disappearing off the face of the planet was my fault.

And, maybe, I can eventually talk you into doing a modern role play with this character?  Potentially a cat-and-mouse type of thing.  FoG needs role plays, after all.  And I kind of miss this character…  Anyway, just throwing it out there.  Razz
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:15 pm

The anesthesia from my surgery is supposed to last 24 hours. And, according to my family, I'm not really in touch with my reality or acting like myself. So, I'm going to do my best to get this message up for you and make as much sense as possible. Just apologies in advance for anything that doesn't seem normal.

Same! Arthur and Anna D's meeting is going to be one for the books. It can go one of very many ways, and I doubt it'll be pleasant...for Arthur; it'll be a ball of laughs for us. I look forward to his encounter with Anna D too. And, I find myself daydreaming about this role-play as well. Just imagining different scenarios and possible characters and how big and interesting this universe could be. This is a wonderful story we've created.

Thanks for the consideration. Apparently, my procedure was unusually simple, yet, it doesn't feel like it. My mouth is throbbing and the inability to eat any real food that isn't mashed potatoes is a little inconvenient. But, by week's end, I should be back to normal, minus some bruising in my nerves, I think? I hate surgery in general, so, despite what any professional will tell you, I don't recommend getting them pulled. It's just...meh.

I'm sure your post will come together fabulously! They always do. I always struggle with my posts; finding the balance between giving a partner something to work is hard for me. I'm always nervous I'm puppeteer-ing. That isn't a word, but I'm making it up, lol. Take all the time you need; clearly, I'm in no rush. But, I am excited to see what you've written. Getting this off the ground again is so exciting!

If you're okay with it, I certainly am! Just thought I'd ask though, this Werecat, who if I remember correct is our Tom Hardy character right? During this action sequence, are we both going to control him and bend him to our needs for our posts? Because, of course, I have no problem dictating Arthur's perspective of the fight and pitting him against the Werecat, but I wouldn't want to involve Khira without your permission. Fights can be tricky in role-plays, at least in my (lack of) experience.

So, if you wanted us to work out a system, or just establish how comfortable with are with allowing the other to control our characters, I'd be down for that. But I am excited to see your post.

I'd be interested! If we could come up with an idea, I'd be down for it. And, speaking of, it might just be just me having watched all four Pirates of the Caribbean films today, but I'm tempted to write up a Jack Sparrow character; a clever witted, somewhat amoral, schemer. So, if I end up brainstorming such a character, he could go well with that character of yours, or end up in this mix with Arthur and Khira, somehow. Ignore me; I'm talking crazy.

DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:27 am

Yay, I'm about to post!  Here’s to getting this role play off the ground again.  ^.^  

I wasn't able to untangle myself.  So, I'm afraid this bit of writing is going to end on a slightly awkward note.  The action is lacking.  However, I am hoping this post will serve as a good introduction to a light action sequence.  I do want to throw Khira into a tree and the car windshield, still.  

I also have a strong urge to show off a couple of Khira's vampire traits.  I keep thinking that Khira's vampirism kicks in, for lack of a better phrase, when she's in trouble.  A bit like an adrenaline rush.  You hear stories of moms who pull cars off their kids and whatnot due to adrenaline.  

As far as the werecat goes...  

This is going to be a learning experience for us both!  But I was thinking that we could use him as needed in our posts.  My experience (or lack of experience, really,) tells me that our action posts will be shorter.  So I don't think there will be any problems with playing the puppet master with each other's characters in our posts.

Figuring out an action system is going to be a trial and error process, though, I think.  And the next couple of posts will be us figuring things out!  Although, I don't want to kill off our werecat too quickly.  I think he'll be a fun minor bad guy to run into a few times.

Anyway, I hope you’re feeling better today!  That Jack Sparrow character sounds like a blast.  You definitely need to watch Pirates of the Caribbean more often.  I love that movie franchise.  And I had a total, squealing, little girl moment when I saw the mermaids in the fourth movie!

Finally, as always, if you need more to work with, I’ll edit my post.  I’ll also send you a PM with some ideas for the other role play in a little bit.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2