FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kathryn's Brain-Made Doll Houses

Go down

Kathryn's Brain-Made Doll Houses Empty Kathryn's Brain-Made Doll Houses

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 7 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Kathryn's Brain-Made Doll Houses Empty Introduction

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Introduction

My name is Kathryn, and I am twenty-two years of age.

I'm an aspiring librarian with a love for grammar though I understand everyone makes mistakes at times.

I currently have a full-time retail position with RadioShack. That combined with my home life sometimes makes it difficult for me to find enough free time, but don't let that discourage you unless you require daily activity from me to retain interest.

I've been role-playing for twelve years. My first attempt at role-playing - before I even knew what it was called - went something like this:

A Bad First Attempt:

Needless to say, I was grounded from the computer for a week or more, and it was several months before I felt comfortable enough to ever try role-playing again. However, I made good friends with people on mIRC who didn't try to engage me in less savory scenarios, and I learned to love it.

I've role-played on mIRC, AOL, Furcadia, forums, journals, and emails. My preferred media are forums and journals because I like the slower pace, better thought-out posts. FoG appeals to me on a huge number of levels, and I hope it never dies. ^^_^^

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Kathryn's Brain-Made Doll Houses Empty Schedule and Skills

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Schedule

I work thirty-two to forty hours each week. Lately, I've only been getting one out of seven days off work, and I try to spend it with my love. I do have a little free time before I work most days, but because I tend to be scheduled night shifts, I rarely have time after I clock out.

I also have a house to keep clean, and I exercise, so that may give me only an hour or two each day.

This is simply how it is for now. In May, this will change. I will have more time to relax and post than I currently have. That isn't to say that I have absolutely no time for posting whatsoever. I'll just be slow about it.

Skills

As I said in my introduction, I've been role-playing since I was ten years of age. I do my best work via forums and journals. To those reading this post, I will tell you now that I will not role-play with you outside of FoG. If you don't feel comfortable allowing FoG's members see what we write, there is no reason for me to write with you.

Fair warning: I tend to be a slow poster in that I generally cannot post more than once per day, and I even occasionally take a bit longer depending on my real-life circumstances. I tend to write a lot, so it's rare that I won't exceed the writing requirements for FoG's Advanced Role-Playing section no matter which section is receiving my posts. However, I am never below it.

I gravitate toward group role-plays because I am more accustomed to them, but I am not opposed to one-on-one role-plays.

While I'm not "uncreative," I do tend to fair better with details and organization than creating things from scratch. I suck at building foundations, but I am fairly decent at helping to create walls and furnishings.

I always play female characters. I simply cannot get into the minds of men, and I'm okay with that. However, when necessary, I can manipulate male side-characters and NPC's for small segments.

As far as females go, I tend to gravitate toward strong willed, intelligent women, but I've occasionally played women who are vapid, stuck up, self-obsessed, or even shy. I've found the change to be fun and interesting. I don't know if I could have fun playing a woman who is an imbecile, though. I think it would be too boring for both me - as a writer - and for anyone who would attempt to read it.

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Kathryn's Brain-Made Doll Houses Empty Genres

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Favorite Role-Play Genres

Role-Play Genres I Absolutely Will Not Do
  • Angels, Demons, Other Modern Religious Figures
  • Animals (think Lion King)
  • Anything Too Closely Resembling Real Life
  • College/High School (with minor exceptions)
  • Historical/Modern Wars
  • Just Romance
  • Just Sparring
  • Pure Slash/Smut
  • Unfamiliar Fandoms
  • Zombies

Favored Gender To Play
I almost always play as a female character. The only times I have played as male characters are when they are simply side characters and/or NPC's. I just don't feel as if I can do a PC male justice.

Additional Information
If you need elaboration on anything, feel free to ask me.

Many of the genres I enjoy can be mixed and matched.

With fandoms and panfandoms, I normally prefer to have original characters based in the canon world, but I occasionally appreciate working with the canon characters.

I prefer to have a limit of no more than five role-plays at once. This insures that I have time for all of them without overburdening myself.

If you don't see something on this list, but you want to try it, feel free to ask me about it!

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Kathryn's Brain-Made Doll Houses Empty Expectations of Others

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Expectations of Others

I expect those with whom I role-play to meet the writing requirements of FoG. However, for Personal Role-Plays, I expect the writing requirements of Advanced Section to be met instead of those that FoG requires for the Personal Section. This is a personal preference, and I won't change my mind.

As a role-player, I really like to be able to compromise with other players to create something rather than just having me create something and the others tag along or vice-versa. If we don't all work together, and/or if only one person is running the show, the game cannot survive.

If you want to discontinue a role-play for any reason, just let me know. I'd like a reason (not enough time; lost interest; decided you hate my guts; anything else), but I won't try to talk you out of your decision once you've made it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Kathryn's Brain-Made Doll Houses Empty Character Archive and Current Role-Plays

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Character Archive

Kathryn's Brain-Made Dollies

Current Role-Plays

1. Avatar: the Cycle's End
  2. Not Available