FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a partner

2 posters

Go down

Looking for a partner Empty Looking for a partner

Post by Frithrika Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:00 pm

As you can tell; I’m currently searching for a roleplay partner. Most of my fandoms are rather small thus I’d be overjoyed if you happen to be into any of them, but I’m also happy to go along with original settings.

Fandoms:
Baccano!
Terra E
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Natsume Yuujinchou
Persona 4 (and eventually 3. I’m currently playing it)
Togainu no Chi (based on the manga or game. I like to pretend there was no anime)

What can you expect from me?

• For post length I usually adjust to what my partner prefers, but I like to do at least a couple of paragraphs.

• I don’t mind writing smut or romance, but I prefer to focus on plot and character development. If you’re looking for someone willing to play mindless smut you should look elsewhere.

• I love writing relationships between males. Whether it’s platonic or romantic. But I’m no fan of seme/uke stereotypes so don’t expect me to play along with those.

• For original settings I’ll go along with anything from horror to slice-of-life as long as the idea isn’t too much of a cliché.

What I expect from a partner.

• I’d like to write with someone who is at least 18 years old. I just turned 22 myself so writing with someone who’s not too far from my own age would be nice.

• Staying true to the character is very important to me. I don’t go along well with partners who play the character as a self-insert or will change a canon character’s personality to suit their tastes. After all roleplay is about acting and trying to understand how the character’s mind works.

• You don’t have to be an excellent writer. Obviously I’m not either. But I expect you to put some effort into your posts. I won’t be pleased if I’m served a rushed paragraph filled with typos and grammar errors.

• I’d prefer if you’re able to play both male and female characters.

If you'd like to play with me on Skype/MSN/AIM/E-mail rather than the forum; send me a pm and I'll give you my contact info.
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Looking for a partner Empty Re: Looking for a partner

Post by AppleMistress Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:27 pm

I happen to be interested in both Persona 3 and 4. I'm currently playing 3 on my PSP and I've been watching the anime and some of the gameplay for P4. (My Playstation isn't doing very well, so unfortunately I can't play it).

So if you'd be interested in doing a Persona related roleplay, I wouldn't mind at all. I tend to lean towards playing as female characters, but I can handle playing as a male character if I need to. I'm in love with character development (the Social Links are a part of the reason why I love the Persona series so much in the first place) and a little bit of romance on the side is okay. (I don't really like roleplays that are dominated by romance anyways.)

Anyhow, I just thought I'd say something in reply. I've been obsessed with Persona lately and seeing it underneath your fandoms excited me. If you're still interested, please let me know!
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Frithrika Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:22 pm

I'd love to do a Persona rp. Which characters would you prefer to play? I only really have experience with roleplaying Yosuke, but I can try others.
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 pm

If I could be either Chie or Yukiko, I'd be happy. I wouldn't mind playing one of them and then take a guy character, if you'd prefer to evenly divide the guys and girls. (That is considering we want to do P4 instead of P3. Do you have a preference?)
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Frithrika Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:10 am

Yeah P4 would work better for me since I’m still in the middle of P3. How about if I play Yukiko and Yosuke while you have Chie and Yuu/Souji? It should work well with who tends to interact with who. Would you prefer trying to make a side plot for just a few characters or should we divide the whole cast?

I think it could be fun doing an rp where Yuu returns to Inaba the year after to visit, during summer break or something. It would let us focus more on character development.
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Okay, sounds good. That works perfectly fine, I think I'd enjoy playing Chie and Yuu/Souji. (I think I might use Yuu for his name, just because I've been getting used to hearing it in the anime.) Hm... I'm not sure. They're bound to talk to the others in some circumstances-- I guess it depends on what we're planning on doing.

I agree completely! I think that's probably the best way to start off. Would you rather have a new threat surface or just keep it to a solely 'slice of life' summer vacation? I honestly wouldn't mind either scenario-- I've noticed some people prefer the action and mystery and then others prefer the whole 'slice of life' theme. I don't have anything in mind for a possible new threat at the given moment, but I'll definitely brainstorm a few in the near future.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Frithrika Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Yeah, calling him Yuu is fine by me. I’m just used to some people insisting on Souji, but I don’t really think it’s a big deal. I enjoy the slice of life theme so I don’t mind going for that, but if you come up with any ideas for a new threat then please share them!

I guess we could just split the whole main cast between us. I mean, we can treat some of them more like minor characters so we don’t need to focus on so many personalities all at once, but it’s nice to have decided who plays who whenever they’re involved. So do you have any preferences for who else you'd like to play? Personally I'm interested in giving Kanji a try.
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Okay then! I'm honestly fine with either. I've seen all of the episodes of the anime now and I'm so used to hearing them call him Yuu out loud that I think that's what I'd prefer calling him. Okay, that sounds good! I honestly don't think I can come up with a threat that compares to the brilliance of the one in the game, so I'd be fine with just focusing on developing the characters. Unless an idea I really like hits me out of no where, I think that'd be best.

Sure, it'd be good to decide on everything before we start so there's no confusion. For sure! Hm... I might want to play Nanako, if that's okay. You can play as Kanji, if you'd like! Would you like the girls and guys to be evenly split between us? If so, I could take Teddie and either Rise or Naoto. I don't really have a preference between the two of them. What do you think?
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Frithrika Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:10 am

Yeah that sounds good. If you want to play Nanako I can give Dojima a try. Oh and I could take Rise since if I play Kanji it would be nice if you have Naoto so they can interract. I happen to find their awkward relationship very adorable.

If we go for this:
I play -> Yosuke, Yukiko, Kanji, Rise, Dojima
You play -> Yuu, Chie, Naoto,Teddie, Nanako

It looks pretty even. I'll make an OOC topic when we start so if we decide to add more characters later on we can discuss that then.

I'm not sure at which point the roleplay should start. We could perhaps go for something simillar to the game/anime's beginning and start when Yuu arrives at the train station? And his friends could be all gathered up to welcome him back.

Also, would you be alright with putting a lot of focus on the friendship between Yuu and Yosuke? I have some ideas for Yosuke missing Yuu much more than he'd like to admit and getting all awkward about it because he fears it will look too "gay" if he tells him.
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:15 pm

All right, that'd be good. I would love to play Naoto! I'm actually a fan of the Naoto/Kanji pairing myself-- I don't know if you'd like exploring it on more of a romantic level or strictly a friendship, but I just thought I'd mention it just in case. I'm not one to prefer romance dominated roleplays, but a little of it on the side is okay. If there're any pairings you'd be interested in exploring in the roleplay, just say the word. ^^ I usually end up portraying very energetic characters when I roleplay, so playing as both Yuu and Naoto will be a really interesting experience for me.

Mm, I think that looks fair enough. We have all of the major characters down, at least, so that should be good for now.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Yuu's arrival at the train station sounds like the best way to introduce what's going on in the first place. I think that'd be best. In that case, should I write the opening post with Yuu arriving? Or would you rather us explore the other characters' anticipations of his arrival before I introduce him?

Of course I'd be all right with it! I found Yosuke's Social Links very interesting and going further with their friendship would be really cool. Yuu's an understanding guy, but I can see where you're going with how Yosuke's hesitant to tell him.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Frithrika Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:58 am

Sure, if you don’t mind doing the opening post then starting at Yuu’s arrival is perfectly fine by me. Or if you’d prefer that I do the opening post that’s fine too.

And yeah I adore Naoto and Kanji together so it would be fun playing around with their relationship a bit. It doesn’t have to become a big fluffy romance, but creating some tension would be interesting.
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Okay. I'll start the opening post, in that case. I'll try to have it up by tonight. (Should I simply call it 'Persona 4' or something else? Do you have a preference on the title? I could use one of the song names, if that'd be better.)

Mm, that'd be nice. The less fluff the better-- it can be okay on the side sometimes, but we wouldn't have to go overboard with it. It'd be fun to explore their relationship a little further, though.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Frithrika Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:56 pm

The title isn't a big deal so just go with whatever works for you. Also some stuff has come up that will keep me pretty busy this week, but I'll try my best to find time to reply within a couple of days.
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Okay, just making sure. I'm going to post it as soon as I'm finished sending this over. (I think I'll call it 'New Days'. Considering it's a song title for the game and the fact that it seems sort of fitting, I decided on using it. Just letting you know.) And that's okay, I'm patient. Take as much time as you need with your post.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Frithrika Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:02 am

I finally replied. Sorry for taking so long!
Here's the OOC thread: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4228-new-days-ooc#101030
Frithrika
Frithrika
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down