FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tortured Hunt

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Tortured Hunt Empty The Tortured Hunt

Post by Tortured Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:14 pm

I am on the hunt for an rp partner, or maybe a few. I don't mind starting a few stories at a time, and even welcome it. To start things off, I don't really like to play canon characters, and much prefer to create my own. I like a mix and match of different genres, and here I go on another longwinded thing, so I'll stop myself there and get into why I am really here. Laughing

There are no concrete ideas in my head yet, but I much prefer playing male characters over female. As a warning to everyone, my males tend to be pretty snarly even at the best of times, but do have the potential to warm up to certain people.

Action/adventure chase scenes are one of my favorite plots to write. For example, the two characters (yours and mine) meet up, and there there is an antagonist who wants them for some reason... death, slavery, items, etc. We can make it as simple or as complicated as we want.

Another idea is to simply throw to characters together and see what happens. This can either result in them getting along okay, nothing, or a death match rofl.

Other ideas are more than welcome. Treasure hunts are always fun, as are robberies, murders, and well... everything. I don't mind R rated sex scenes, so long as they don't encompass the whole of the rp. I like them from time to time, especially when it gets all rough and crazy Embarassed

Anyway, that's all I have right now, so if anyone thinks they can do something with me, please go for it. I'm gone until Monday, so if I don't reply right away I'm not ignoring you. Cool

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

The Tortured Hunt Empty Re: The Tortured Hunt

Post by Ruu Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:20 pm

~Hey, I'd really like to roleplay with you! I like the same genres as you do! I'm busy this weekend too, so hopefully we can come up with something on Monday if you're willing.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:17 am

I managed to find a sketchy connection while on the mainland Very Happy

What were you thinking of plotwise? Characterwise? I'll be able to pop on and off to see what you wanna do. I truly believe roleplaying needs to be a jointed effort, not just one sided.

Can't wait to hear back <3

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:11 am

~Awesome! I'm happy to hear back from you!

I definitely agree that roleplaying is a joint effort as well! I do have one or two ideas, but if you aren't crazy about them I'm pretty flexible so don't feel like you have to pick one of the ideas right away.

There's been one plot I've tried to get going in a one-on-one a few times, but my partner has disappeared from FOG before we started each time. It's about an angel and a demon who are at odds. The angel has just lost a war they've been fighting, when they find out they have to work together against an even more powerful force. I would be most comfortable playing the angel in this scenario. The demon would definitely fit your snarly character preference. XD

The other idea I had was about a city that has just been overrun by an opposing army. One of the soldiers finds a child about to be killed by one of his fellow soldiers and saves the child, to find that the child is special and the army has made a terrible mistake in destroying the city. The two must work together, even though the soldier is now facing his own comrades. I could play either role in this one, though I'd prefer playing the child.

Let me know what you think!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Both scenarios sound amazing to me. In the first one, with the demon and the angel, what do you think about the demon being an angel eater. Some demons eat human souls, but what if my demon ate angels. Flesh, wings, and all. I think it would put a pretty intense and interesting twist on the story Very Happy

As for the war one, I think, out of the two, I would like to do that one more. I have the perfect character for the part. I wouldn't mind doing them both, but if I had to choose just one, it would be the soldier and child scenario. I would prefer to play the soldier, and not the child. Maybe a rough guy with a lot of loss on his end, and no one's taken the time to understand him because people are just that damn scared of him Very Happy

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:31 pm

If you guys would like an antagonist, let me know. I could play a general in the army leading men to find the 'traitor' and the reason for his betrayal.

Warriror Lance Warriror

Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man Ax Man

- Alexis -

Very Happy
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:33 pm

(That being said, it is a private RP area so if you guys are happy with the 2, that's quite fine as well Razz)
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:12 pm

That might be fun Very Happy We'll wait and see what Ruu says okay?

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:15 pm

Sounds good lol.

I was a little late responding to the topic heh.

- Alexis -
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm also on yahoo and msn to make talking about it easier

yahoo: gabriel_djivan
msn: rsegal1@hotmail.com

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Oh wow, I like your idea for the angel/demon one! That would definitely make it interesting!

And I love the idea of the character for the child/soldier one. I definitely wouldn't mind if you played the General, Alexis. That would be awesome! We could just move it at to casual.

If you wanted to do both, Tortured, I can do both. I have enough time, but if you don't that's fine too. I'd be definitely happy to though!

For the child/soldier one, were you guys thinking modern day with maybe some fantasy elements, the Middle Ages, or futuristic or something different? I was thinking the city would be some kind of holy city that was wrongfully attacked. But let me know what you guys think. I'm open to anything.

Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:29 pm

I'd have to wait to hear from Tortured but I tended to envision a Middle Ages type. I have a mind that compares roleplaying scenarios to movie clips lol. It's how I visualize it when writing.

I would consider the 'attack of the city' like the siege of Troy or the time frame from that (not too...) recent movie: "Prince of Persia - The sands of time"?

The only reason I think middle ages or those time frames of weapons is that in current day, you'd have much faster fights to take a city. There is a more 'visceral' feel to having to storm the walls of a city, moving through, burning everything and killing everyone.

That type of setting also makes it tougher to track the soldier and child than it would be in current day.

I wasn't sure if I could play a female general lol. Her name would be Arianna and I could have a character sheet done up for her. I was looking for a roleplay that she might work well in.

Name: Arianna (meaning: Very holy)

- Music
- Intimidation
- Achievement of superiority over those she considers 'inferior'.

Dislikes:
- Being defeated in battle, thus force to surrender to terms of an opponent.
- Disrespect towards 'The Gods' she serves.
- Stupidity, but this is not necessarily true about stubbornness. She believes there is something appealing about those who challenge her at first. If she feels she has defeated them mentally, physically or intellectually and they simply remain defiant, it becomes irritating to her, and old quickly.

Bio: (Note: This is subject to change for this roleplay due to the fact that when I made this character, I made her very time-restrictive. I feel she would fit into any middle-ages story line where the RP has a roaming army of any kind. I was just thinking about the Mongols at the time that I made her.)

Arianna is the noble descendant of the Khan Legacy. More specifically, Ghengis Khan. Legend states that not long after his death, the greatest mobile force and manoeuvrable army that ever existed began to dissipate and return to their separate borders, squabbling and fighting among themselves again.

Before this deterioration of the great Mongol army however, it was in a realm of absolute glory, containing the largest land empire in history. Its territory extended from the Yellow Sea in eastern Asia to the borders of eastern Europe. At various times it included China, Korea, Mongolia, Persia (now Iran), Turkestan, and Armenia. It also included parts of Burma, Vietnam, Thailand, and Russia.

It is during this time, that Arianna, now leading a 'roaming nation' of violent, battle-hungry and resilient troops from city to city. Long ago, the horde would burn, pillage and move on, taking the value back to their camps with them. At this time however, Arianna looks to make use of the cities she conquers. Their lands, homes, buildings, walls and defences can be used to help her own troops recover, feed, rest, and take solace in some form of stability.

Looks:
(to be adjusted)

(So in this RP, she'd be a huntress... the 'antagonist' to your duo of protagonists lol.)

- Alexis -
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:00 am

I most definitely have time to do both rp stories, Ruu. Looking forward to them as well.

As for the setting for the child/soldier/general story, I think sometime in the middle ages could be good. Maybe somewhere near the ocean, a coast or a port, because wouldn't pirates also be fun? Very Happy

I love the idea for the general, she will be perfect <3 I can sense tension and head butting between her and Odin already, mwahaha.

If we're doing this in the middle ages, would it be all right if my soldier was a knight instead? Always did think someone in plate and chain mail looked pretty damn awesome! I have the perfect char for this.

He's a loose canon, you never know what he will do. He's totally unpredictable. He was a constantly unsatisfied child, and is even moreso as an adult. Possessive, he fell for a woman, but she was already promised to someone else. He killed the other man, and was banished from the Kingdom because the man he killed was of some royal importance (Of which Odin couldn't care less). Forced to live on his own, he eventually gained favor with his kingdom again, but they still look upon him with a wary eye, and most don't like him at all. So he keeps to himself, and does his duty out of necessity for survival, rather than because he wants people tp like him again.

I'll have a sheet done up of course, but this is the character I would like to use.

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:32 am

~Awesome! I'm really glad you can! We can start planning for the other one whenever you'd like.

I also agree with Middle Ages. A coastal city is fine as well. It could be a grand port!

I love the general! And yep, knights are fine.

Your character idea sounds awesome as well, Tortured! Here is the skeleton for mine.

Name: Caleb

- Prayer
- Sunlight and the outdoors
- Playing make-believe

Dislikes:
-Loud noises
-Violence
- The dark

Bio: Caleb was born in the holy city of Acadia, though the circumstances of his birth weren't really known. Some said he was left on the doorstep of the Temple as a babe, while others said he appeared after a burst of light from the night sky miraculously descended to earth. Whatever the case, the priests and soothsayers said that this was a good omen and that the child was to be dedicated to the care of the goddess Alumina. Indeed, around his neck had been placed a pendant that held her distinct sign, a single ray of light sprinkled with stars.

The child was of a gentle nature, much unlike the rough and tumble children in the city streets. He preferred to spend his days in quiet solitude, reading, praying...But he was a child after all with a rather wild imagination. He loved nothing more than to have great adventures in the beauteous Temple gardens. He was also well-learned, at least for an eight-year-old child, for the clergy, especially the High Priest, said that he was to be great someday. He needed to be ready for the challenges that would face him in the future. He had a natural affinity for magic, and while there were many who practiced holy magic within the city's walls, he had a gift for manipulating light and soothing the hurts of others, both in body and soul. It was also he who awoke the first spark in the crystal said to hold the essence of Alumina herself, a crystal that had been dormant for hundreds of years...A crystal that was said to hold a great power, a power many would kill to attain...

Looks:
Blonde hair, bleached so as it almost looks white. His eyes are a royal blue, almost the color of amethysts. He is slight of frame, and somewhat short. He is usually clothed in the sky blue robes that denote an acolyte of the goddess Alumina.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:19 am

Here is the skeleton bio for Odin

Name: Odin Markas Munkadus

-The wildnerness
-Fighting for a cause he believes in

Dislikes:
-Being told what to do
-Blamed for something not of his fault
-People in general

Bio: His mother died giving birth to Odin, and so he was raised by his father and several other members of the family. He grew close to none of them, prefering to be on his own rather than to be with others. He was constantly unsatisfied, and used his screaming, fighting, and unbelievably savage (for a toddler) attitude to get what he wanted. As time passed, and screaming didn't work, Odin resorted to more violent things. No matter how often he was punished or reprimanded, it only served to make him worse.

His father was often surprised by his son's ferocity, and often marveled that it had to have come from his mother. But she had been such a sweet thing that Odin's attitude couldn't have stemmed from her. Because of his love for his son, Odin's father bent his head down, and tried to overlook all of it.

As the years went by, there seemed to be no stopping Odin's anger. At 16 years of age, he was harder to handle than ever. So, as hard as it was, his father sent him away, to be trained as a soldier. There was doubt that the young man would make it to knighthood, but at least he would have something to take his anger out on. Truth be told, being sent away made Odin even more reclusive, and he did only what he had to in order to survive. No more, never less. When he turned 18, he fell in love with Marian, a woman he had been watching since he had first gotten there. She was, unfortunately, sworn to another man, and she held no real feelings for Odin. Still, the young soldier pursued her... to no avail.

Twenty years old, and Odin murdered the love of his life's soon to be husband. When he was found out, he was banushed from the kingdom. It was either that, or death. Odin chose to survive, as he always would in every scenario, and left to fend for himself.

Several years later, he tried to return to the kingdom. Living in the wildnerness was a no guarentee for life, and he had much to offer as a knight or a soldier. While not trusting him, he was granted access back into the community. Uncaring that almost nobody in the kingdom looked upon him with favorable eyes, Odin was determined to find footing where he had once lost it. Living here, fighting for these people... why, it would serve his needs well, as much as he hated it.

Looks:
Odin is 5'11", and has a strong, powerful build. With blue eyes and short dark brown hair, his light stubble makes him look rugged and tough. He much prefers clothing that will both protect him in battle, and allow him to move easily. While plate armor is sometimes on his list, he will more readily choose leather over metal. Many scars make identifying Odin a rather simple task, which is something he has always hated.

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:16 am

I like them.

This is the image I had trouble uploading yesterday:

http://jurgendoe.deviantart.com/art/Warrior-Princess-121883920

- Alexis -
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:16 am

~Odin looks awesome!

Alrighties, so are there any other details we need to work out before we start the RP?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:06 am

I figure if it's just about setting then we're good to go?

It's a coastal city that you guys had in mind? Whatever the case, my character is going to be very 'reactive' so whatever you guys have in mind for a setting is fine. My character's only real goal throughout the RP would be subduing and imprisoning enemies.

On a more distinct and individual level, Arianna would be sending hunting and tracking parties out to find you guys Razz

- Alexis -
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Oh, I have a question before we start... what is it that makes the child special? Is it something magical? A birth right? Something that he knows?

Also, how far into the rp are we going to begin? Or will we start at the beginning, when Odin discovers the child and takes him? Maybe start a little ways after that, and they're on the run? I think to start things off maybe a fight scene would be cool, with Odin turning on his own people in order to save the child.

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:16 pm

That could be nice. I'd like to read about the scene where Odin turns on his people too. Much like in Troy where Achilles (Brad Pitt) killed the 2 soldiers that were going to kill the Trojan Priestess. Razz

It would provide some story. I can make my first post about Arianna carrying out her battle-plans. She'd be overseeing the troop movements, the flooding of certain areas, the burning of many estates etc... She'd do this for awhile and then wonder where Odin was.

(This is possible because Odin was described as the kind of soldier that the army would be 'weary' of anyway, even if he was fighting with them).

It would only be after she completed the massacre of the city that Arianna would receive word of Odin's betrayal and that he fled with a child.

She would then take steps to organize search parties and begin tracking him down while issuing orders to her sub-generals about how the army should proceed from there lol.

Just a thought Razz

- Alexis -
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Sounds good to me! -Waits to see what Ruu thinks- Very Happy

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 pm

~Sounds good to me as well. Smile I like the idea of roleplaying the scene of the fight.

And the child is special because he alone can harness the power of the Crystal of Alumina. My first post will detail the priests entrusting the crystal with Caleb and sending him to try to get away. Maybe Arianna could have set her sights on the Temple of Alumina first because she heard of the crystal. And not finding the crystal also tips her off that someone escaped with it.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Maybe Arianna could have set her sights on the Temple of Alumina first because she heard of the crystal. And not finding the crystal also tips her off that someone escaped with it.

... Perfect.

- Alexis -
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:32 pm

~Awesome! We'll see what Tortured thinks and then we should be able to start.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:44 pm

It all sounds great to me! How about Ruu starts, as you can set the tone for the crystal and such, and the whys of it. I'll go next with Odin. Then Alexis can go last, cause then she'll have all the info she needs to post accordingly.

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:48 pm

~Awesome! I should be able to get a post up tonight.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortured Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:47 am

Awesome Ruu! When did you want to start the other one? I was thinking of waiting a few days to get this one established Smile

And Alexis, if you want to try any private rps, let me know.

Tortured
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:31 am

~That's fine if we wait a few days for the other one. It'll probably take a little bit to get the details established anyways. So you were thinking of creating an angel-eating demon right?

~Nice post, by the way. Smile It's going to be awesome to RP with you and Alexis!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Sapphire Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:55 am

I have to apologize for my opening post lol. I was going to make one defining the whole battle plan but decided it would be a little too long to get into the story lol.
Alexis Sapphire
Alexis Sapphire
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next