FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A warning

+5
DracoMalfoy
Artorius
Bird of Hermes
Fate Flyer
One Eyed Jack
9 posters

Go down

A warning Empty A warning

Post by One Eyed Jack Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Hello to you all, I just joined trying to speak privately with some of the management to pretty much introduce myself around this part of the interwebs. It turns out that I was just privately messaged regarding being invited into a rp site by the name of coloholics. If you were a member of RolePlayerGuild back in the day, you might recall that they had been PM spammed by them, and when it was brought to light that a mass invasion of terrible, terrible links was sent in. I suggest looking into this immediately and prepare for the worst, hoping all the while for the best. As I can not email the administrators, the user in particular I will not call out. Please email me at arkhamrhavan@gmail.com regarding the name.

Also hello to everyone. Sorry for the strange first post.
One Eyed Jack
One Eyed Jack
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

A warning Empty Re: A warning

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Hey, One Eyed Jack. Sorry you weren't able to contact me through PM, since there was a post length needed to do so. I don't think that should have been applied, since I would like even the new people to be able to contact me right away when they join if they would like to, so I just did away with that. Feel free to PM me now at any time to discuss this further and the person in question.

Wow, that sounds like it turned into a disaster. Sad Oh, man. I'm really sorry to hear that. So there was someone from some place called Coloholics that invaded RolePlayerGuild, and you're warning us in case they do the same here? Is that correct? I would hate to have to deal with something as frustrating as that doubtless had been. Hopefully we can avoid something like that, and I appreciate the heads up. Thank you for the notice.

I don't have a problem with people advertising, since we do have our own special forum to posting links to other places, but if they are needlessly spamming members and harassing people, then clearly they are taking it one step further.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:01 pm

That does sound strange and not-so-nice. Thank you for warning us. Hopefully, the spammers will stay clear of FOG.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:04 am

I received one such PM a little while ago.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:11 am

Same with me, Artorius. I received a PM advertising a site by the name of coloholics. I didn't think much of it and it was months ago, so the situation may have changed or been cleared up. So, I apologize if saying so doesn't help much. I just thought I'd throw my opinion out there.

That does sound terrible though. I hope we don't get a problem such as that here. This site doesn't deserve any trouble like that! It is nice to meet you though, One Eyed Jack! It's very nice of you to warn us.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1634981/w-allman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:32 pm

I actually received a PM yesterday about joining another site. However, being that I wasn't interested, I quickly deleted it. Probably should have kept it so I could let everyone know who it was from.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:00 pm

We got hit by Colholics recently, actually, by a person who seems to be pretty active on FOG now, at least by logging in every day.

Anyway, thankee sai, big big, for the warning Very Happy Have fun, Jack.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:48 am

Thanks for the warning, Jack. All the admins and staff are definitely on the lookout now, so hopefully the situation won't get out of hand. Welcome to FoG, and enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:40 am

I got PMed with that invite too. I didn't think anything harmful of it however and still have the PM if it would help anyone. >_>

(I actually discussed the site with the person who PMed me too, haha, seemed legit enough but I never got around to checking out the site.)
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down