FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruin (OOC & Discussion)(Open)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ruin (OOC & Discussion)(Open) Empty Ruin (OOC & Discussion)(Open)

Post by Artorius Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:22 pm

... and on the 12th day, the Dark Apostle said unto the world, "Let chaos shatter the skies and bring closure upon creation." Then, from the East blew a terrible wind, and the horizon was washed with darkness and flame. Thus, all things were at an end.

Story
On the continent of Tanmaiel reside four of the greatest heroes Shala has ever birthed. However, they could not stop the wheels of fate. Natural disasters, war, and the destructive iron golems threaten to destroy the world. An ancient prophecy spoke of such an end, and that at the culmination of these factors, twelve days of death and destruction would precede the end of the world. Four heroes, twelve days, one outcome. What will it be?

World
The world of Shala is a lot like medieval planet earth. It features five continents, three of which (Dra, Lea, and Freke) are roughly the size of Australia on Earth. The fourth continent (Tanmaiel) is a large landmass concentrated near the equator. The fifth continent (Northland) is to the far north. It has never been traversed and is thought to be made up tundra, or thick ice. The weather to the north has always been turbulent, preventing exploration.

Nations of Tanmaiel

Friedan
There are many sovereign nations within Shala, but few have rivaled the grand scale and peace spreading efforts of Friedan. They are a militant nation built on the premise of unity. For centuries they have figured if every nation unites under a single banner, there will be peace. Their cities are rumored to be made of gold, and no resident is in want of anything.

Meed
The nation under the mountain they call it. For countless years its people have quietly lived in their mountain dwellings. They are known as savages, and as the most gifted warriors the world has ever seen.

The Keep
In times past this fort was under the command of the Friedan 8th company. However, their war-machines were said to have developed minds and wills of their own. In time, they became their own race, intent on destruction. The iron golems have spread their influence over an area of roughly 100 acres.

People of Tanmaiel
Humans
Homo Sapiens, the only organic race present in Tanmaiel.

Iron Golems
They were once the war machines of Friedans. Over time they developed a will of their own. They are crafted from iron and stand at the very least eight feet tall. In addition all weapons they wield can be formed from their bodies. They possess a magical talent to form the steel into any form they can imagine. However, because of the scarcity of quality iron on Tanmaiel, the appearance of golems is rather varied in color, and luster. The monsters are rumored to be indestructible, but it is common knowledge among those who have faced them, that a magical orb at their core is the source of their power and if destroyed, they will die.

Character Sheet
Name: self explanatory.

Sex: In case it’s not obvious from your name.

Power: I'd say elemental powers, the basics.

Equipment: Keep it within reason please, we're not pack mules.

Appearance: Your characters appearance. Use a picture(lazy hack!) or write out how they look. Try to keep with the general theme and if someone chooses a picture, please try to match the style of art.

Bio:

Rules
1.No God-mods.(this includes auto hits, power playing, and using player knowledge as character knowledge)
2.A minimum of one post a week is expected
3.Ask a person permission to use/kill/harm their character before doing so.
4.Two characters is the limit.
5.What I say goes. No matter what I say. Unless its something totally preposterous, in which case its still recommended.
6.Follow these rules.
If you fail to abide by these guidelines you will be given a warning. Three warnings and you are kicked from the RP.

Last edited by Artorius on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:26 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Under Construction)
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Ruin (OOC & Discussion)(Open) Empty Updates

Post by Artorius Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Reserved

Last edited by Artorius on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Ruin (OOC & Discussion)(Open) Empty Character Archive

Post by Artorius Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Reserved
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Ruin (OOC & Discussion)(Open) Empty Re: Ruin (OOC & Discussion)(Open)

Post by MadHatClemens Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:07 am

Ooh, this sounds nice. Here's a character.

Name: Zeke Conflage

Sex: Male

Power: Tactile Transmutation, a forgotten war-magic that allows the user to form their own body or things they touch as they wish. In it's basic use it can coat the user's body in any material they touch, protecting them.

Equipment: Zeke carries a modified flail, consisting of a 4-foot chain with a spiked head at the end. Other than that, he uses his body (or rather, what he can make of his body.)

Appearance: Zeke is a dangerous looking person, with fierce yellow eyes glaring under white hair. The skin that is showing is pale white. He wears thick grey pants, and a black fur-lined jacket. Under these, parts of his body are replaced with metal parts. On the left side of his chest, a faint blue light glows where his heart is meant to be.

Bio: In the Northland, right and wrong are replaced with the need to survive. Zeke Conflage is one of the very rare people that feel at home in it's wintery embrace. Once an enthusiastic recruit of the Tanmaiel army, his first battle ended in tragedy. as the golems tore him to pieces, he found himself fighting out in pure, seething anger. In the end, he was fighting for his life, his body parts resting amongst the multiple parts of golems that had underestimated him.

However, fate would not let him rest so quickly. When he woke up, there was nothing around him. It was almost as if nothing had happened. When he looked down, an unearthly shriek escaped from his mouth. Various parts of his body were replaced with the very golem parts he sundered. Ashamed of his new body, yet holding onto life, Zeke exiled himself to the Northlands.

Other: When Zeke's life is in danger, the glow in his chest shines brighter, and his abilities are amplified.

Well, is it accepted?

Last edited by MadHatClemens on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total

MadHatClemens
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:38 am

You're accepted, I need to contact a couple people before getting this started.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Barrier Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Name: Jin Feng

Sex: Male

Power: Can Beckon the earth to move at his will, causing rock formations, cascades, quakes, and small scale eruptions with lots of concentration. He also uses his words to motivate his men.

Equipment: Mithril scail mail and a Gun-Star, a massive morning star that can have it's head loaded into it's own shaft and fired. Once fired, the chain is released and the projectile has to be reunited with the weapon. It's a close-range destruction weapon used to take down mighty golems rather than a long range artillery weapon.

(The Chinese had gunpowder weapons as early as 1132. I'm not sure which era of mid-evil fantasy this word primarily takes place in, but I think this is okay.)

Appearance: His mail is made of curled diamond-shaped pieces layered over each other, giving the armor a reptilian look. The dulled armor is fitted with a purple sleeveless tabard with a silver Iro insignia (Iro being a god. His followers pursue harmony through bettering themselves.) He has brown eyes, a wide yet closely trimmed beard and mustache, and is almost perfectly bald, with only a very thin layer of hair on his head.

Bio: Jin was a humble monk who preached the word of his god and further supported his cause by performing menial tasks such as transporting spices and making supplies for the temple to sell. Eventually however, he broke his monk code when he fell in love with a shrine maiden and was expelled. Now an honor-less monk, he adapted to a new way of life, embracing the sophisticated technology of his nation while still using the secret arts of earth calling he learned as a monk. He then started to work for the military, taking on tasks much like his old job at the temple. However, with the Omen of death in the air, Jin was compelled to take up arms against the greatest threats of the world.
Blade Barrier
Blade Barrier
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Blade Barrier, you are accepted. This RP will begin by next weekend while I work out the direction of the plot and the opening post.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatClemens Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:01 am

So, Arty (May I call you that, by the way), what do you think of my character? Does it fit into the storyline well enough?

MadHatClemens
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:33 am

He fits just fine, except, I need him to be present on Tanmaiel. For now, nothing of importance is going on in Northland.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Barrier Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:06 pm

So it begins this weekend...

Should we be trying to recruit other members, or do you prefer a small starting force?
Blade Barrier
Blade Barrier
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:06 pm

I'm keeping this small. There is room for one more member. I will get a post up as soon as possible.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:44 am

I haven't forgot about this, rest assured. I am currently working on the intro post. It WILL be up soon.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Barrier Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:18 pm

I was just about to ask if this was still alive.

Well, I'm patient.
Blade Barrier
Blade Barrier
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:29 am

The intro post is up! Sorry for the delay! If you have any questions let me know. From looking at both of your characters, you have no problems knowing where you should be. Saying this, our first couple posts will be focused on building up to the pending war.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Barrier Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Just to be sure (not like I have time to post now anyway) I'm guessing you want us in the army that Danton guy is leading. I am also inclined to assume that this army is part of the "iron men and flesh brothers" lot. if so, then I'll have no problem putting up a post tomorrow.
Blade Barrier
Blade Barrier
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:06 am

They can be if you'd like, or higher ranking officials, either one. Also, the iron men are the golems, they call the Friedans flesh brothers because they were built by the Friedans.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm going to assume Clemens is done with this RP, are you still wanting to continue this Blade Barrier?
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Barrier Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm still in if you are.
Blade Barrier
Blade Barrier
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Alright, the RP will be moving soon.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:56 am

Blade, I've been trying to find another member, to no avail. If I can't I'll see about getting this moved to the Private RP forum.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Barrier Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:15 pm

no rush, I'm patient.
Blade Barrier
Blade Barrier
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:56 pm

Okay, I'll keep you up-to-date.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Talas Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:51 pm

Would this still be open/ Should I message a profile first?
Talas
Talas
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:56 am

Post it here.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Talas Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:27 am

Name: Ahamal Khalan, known only as “Sai” to non-clan members

Power: Light Manipulation. He can't generate light without exhausting himself so his power is dependent on intensity of light within a five foot radius.

Equipment: He conceals two sets of weapons. The first is an 8' chain that is both lightly barbed and has small half pound weights at either end. The second is a set of ten slim three inch long throwing knives. He also has a long dagger strapped under his left forearm, and a short sword to his right waist. The only other weapon he carries is a leather sling and a pouch containing smooth stones for hunting game. He wears loose clothing over a flexible set of reinforced leather armor. In his sack is a mortar and pestle for grinding herbs. Within a small oilcloth is a roll of twine and small packets of herbs, whether for cooking, medicine or poison. He also has to small vials of poison, one of white asp, and another of unique poison made from a plant called genmortis radix and the blood of his clan.

Appearance: Sai is 5'7'' and has swarthy dark skin. He has washed out green eyes and dirty blond hair. While he moves with an economical grace, at glance he looks no more than a normal person. Only the new and still red scars running from the corner of his left eye to his hairline and still healing notch in his right ear. The clothes he currently wears gives him the appearance of being a traveling merchant, down to the battered gray cape, worn leather boots and faded black gloves.

Bio: Sai is from kingdom of Sellas, on the continent of Dra. Sellas's new king proclaims that Sellas is the oldest, most powerful, and richest kingdom to ever be. Despite the peasant's belief of King Farras's claims, only two world class products are produced there, beautiful furniture and lumber from the heavily forested mountain ranges, and assassins that live there.

Sai was born the third of five sons of Khalan family. Traditionally, the male sons are trained as assassins and the daughters to rule their forest fiefdom, and the oldest, qualified scion of the each generation is raised as the absolute ruler of their gender. The qualifications for males is to kill for the clan whether a criminal condemned by law or money, or an traitor to the clan. Sai and his two older brothers became qualified at the same time slaughtering an agitating peasant family organizing a rebellion for one nearby kingdoms. Sai slit his first throat at the age of eleven.

Adarat, the male master of the clan died three months ago. Despite traditions for orderly succession, in a clan full of killers, politics are rarely conducted with silver tongues. During the chaotic blood soaked succession, the eldest brother murdered his sister in front of witnesses. Sai, formerly aloof during the accession fulfilling contracts, returned to the clan fortress and challenged his eldest brother on the day of his formal ascension. The children of the clan would never forget the blood debt claimed that day. Sai left in exile, drifting far from his clan and their devouring blood thirst.
Talas
Talas
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:54 am

Accepted, we'll move forward within the week.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Talas Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:39 am

I was wondering if there was an ETA for the other posts? My intro wasn't the greatest and I will rewrite if for practice and style if there is nothing else to do next week.
Talas
Talas
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Barrier Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:59 pm

I guess we're not good enough for an absent notice.

*joke*
Blade Barrier
Blade Barrier
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Talas Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 am

I am still interested but this is taking a quite a while. Alas.
Talas
Talas
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Oh, sorry guys, I really thought I had posted in this thread :-/ I really do apologize. Also, striDer gave me your message Blade Barrier. Again, I apologize. My post will be up this week, hopefully. I know its been a while and I'm working to get Talas into the RP.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next