FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Yet To Be Named OOC Discussion

2 posters

Go down

A Yet To Be Named OOC Discussion Empty A Yet To Be Named OOC Discussion

Post by Inerio Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:23 pm

What we have so far
A rough getting lost in the Fae woods plot.
A location. (The woods, presumably somewhere in Pennsylvania or a rural area in the US.)

What we need
A general smoothing out of the plot. Though, we can just agree that our characters have conveniently gotten lost in the woods. Well, not so conveniently. Either way they'd be lost.

Characters, because a story usually calls for those.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

A Yet To Be Named OOC Discussion Empty Re: A Yet To Be Named OOC Discussion

Post by Aurethius Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:56 am

I vote that we are seeking someone living, preferably a group of people. People that are close to us, that we love. I feel that at least one of us should lose a mate, the other should lose a child, or a younger sibling. Mostly, I'd say we should be seeking a group of people to maximize the time we're there, the motivation to stay, and the abject horror as we discover what has happened to each loved one in that terrible world.

People always enter the Faerie World, or Faerie Courts, by accident or by trickery. Naturally, you and I would have to be accidental. If a Fae is consciously bringing us in, we're done for, so it has to be an accident. Losing our control over ourselves, like most charms do to unaware, unguarded minds, is a death sentence in a Fae realm. At least, thats the way I see it. This is all subject to your whims, oh leader.

But if we want a tone of dark, almost macabre faerie fantasy, where things you thought were cute and pretty start cutting you open to dance on your veins, this is what I suggest for our goal and start point.
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:12 am

Awsome, sounds good.

I'm thinking maybe the characters got lost going to a party. Or, lost someone coming back from a party. They're probably somewhat drunk(or at least mine would be) and are looking for their friend who walked off to "make a call" or go piss in the woods and the like. Your character can be different, but that's the little bit of backstory I'm making for my character.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurethius Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 am

Heh, I need to get some practice writing 'drunk'. Starting off a faerie story with the dazed confusion of inebriation is pretty appropriate.

Mostly for the "Holy Shock" they're going to get once they realize what's going wrong. Waking up to a hangover is bad. Waking up to a tree with its roots in your ribs because you were put to sleep for 400 years is worse.

Let's start with you drunk... but I'll be damned if my characters going to be some bloody White Knight that's sober and is going with you so you don't get hurt. I'll have some drinks too, why not, and we'll both go looking for those four guys and three girls that went walking to the store four hours ago. Or whatever. Your girl's the leader, I write a better follower than a leader, honestly. I do support roles, so to speak.
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:13 pm

You don't honestly expect me to expect you to save me do you?

My characters don't get saved. They haphazardly land into and out situations via dumb luck, curiosity, and ignorance. Though, they usually don't get out in one piece. Oh well, better to get out with a piece missing than to not get out at all.

All right, drunk, presumably legally able to drink. Maybe in college or college age.

Our baddies. I'm guessing that the Fae hierarchy will be involved in this. I can be a leader for our "good guys" but you have to lead the "bad guys" I play a better evil cohort.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurethius Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:18 am

Never said a damn thing about saved. I don't think either of us play characters that get saved. By anybody. In any sense of the word.

I can lead the 'bad guys' if that's your direction. Unseelie Courts... hmm, I'll get some research done as we move along. Things will fall into place as we go...

How quick will our 'immersion' be? Will we suddenly realize that something is amiss, be dumped in the center of some kind of Singing Hill, or will we gradually become aware that the leaves on the trees are colored differently, or that that deer was only walking on two legs?
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:38 am

Right.
So, what we have sounds good so far we can continue to discuss things here as we go along but I think we have enough to start. I'll get to writing up a post later today.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurethius Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:04 am

I am ready when you are. If you want to take some time before we start, I am in no extreme rush. Please keep in mind that my posting times are a good 8-12 hours apart. No worries though, I go for quality, not quantity.

Hopefully.
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:23 pm

This took longer than it should have on my part.
http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/one-on-one-role-playing-f16/insert-proper-title-here-t1725.htm#38304

I'll name it when we have a name for it. Monica will also sound less like an idiot once she sobers up. Till then she probably has the mental capacity of a house fly.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurethius Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Only minutes before I head to work. Allow me 12 hours and I'll have a post up.
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:55 pm

That's fine. It took me long enough to get it up so you have the right to take a long time to post after me.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurethius Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:24 am

I think that we'll have an easy and fun time developing things to experience as we go along, but are there any particular scenes you have in mind for the future that you want to jot down NOW, before the inspiration flees you?

And so I know now, whats your comfort level with gore, sexuality, violent scenes/descriptions? I'm envisioning this world as one that disturbs and revolts, and I plan on some violent (but not over-the-top) and weird stuff that we're gonna see. The fae are a brutal and sadistic set of beings, by nature. It's how they were depicted back in the old days, and its how we're going to depict them now, but I need to know how far you're willing to go with bringing those old fables into modern times and giving them the bloody, skin-biting respect they deserve.
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:46 am

I have no ideas as of yet. Maybe within the next eight hours something will strike me.

I also have very high comfort levels with all of those. Trust me, you won't be offending me any time soon. Well, unless you kill one of my characters without warning. Narrows eyes.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurethius Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:40 am

Hmm? No, not going to kill any of your characters. Not in a damned One on One storyline, that'd be pretty super-arse. I won't lie and say it would be out of my character though, but no, this is not a competition between you and I, this is a partnership.

I believe you about your comfort level. Nonetheless, I'll led you lead the way, as far as content is concerned. I'm not going to cross a line that you haven't crossed first.
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurethius Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:42 am

As we continue on, I think we should slowly be moving onto a Faerie Path, a road in their sense. It's how they travel from their domains, and its how we're going to enter theirs by accident.

As I see it, its gradual, its metaphorical, and it just on the edge of the senses until its too late. I plan on using many Tone words to emphasize this, if we go the Faerie Path route to enter our world. Haziness, dreaming, something at the very edge, a distant smell that pulls at us, hair getting frizzy at the tips, forgetting things that don't matter anyway... That kind of sensation.

The real world fades as we travel deeper, and though some things look similar, we don't realize anything's wrong. We might attribute it to the booze, but once we cross that final point... that's when we'll realize it.

That final point ought to be the infamous Faerie Ring. The circle of mushrooms, maybe dead grass as well... maybe a few small mushrooms leading us into it.

From that point on, we'd need to further discuss it, but are you okay with this idea? The Faerie path?

Or would you like something else for our trip?
Aurethius
Aurethius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down