FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roman Invasion of Britain Fantasy RP

4 posters

Go down

Roman Invasion of Britain Fantasy RP  Empty Roman Invasion of Britain Fantasy RP

Post by Mojave Wanderer Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:24 pm

I have decided to try to start a role play finally, and after many weeks of thinking, I decided, what better place to start than Fantasy? This roleplay will be set in an alternate fantasy version of 1st century AD Britain, during the beginning of Roman invasions. I plan to allow each player to either choose to be a Roman, or choose to be a member of one of the many Celtic tribes of the time.

Character choices:
Anyone who chooses to be a native tribe may either make up their own tribe or choose one of the tribes that existed at the time. They may be a simple villager, or even a leader of one of these tribes. There is the option of living outside any of the villages of a tribe, but if so, you will still be living in the land of a tribe.

The Romans may be NPCs or controlled by a member. They are stronger than all of the tribes on their own, and have many members. It is up to the tribes to either fall under Roman rule, or unite against the invading Romans.

Tribes may be at war with one another and if everyone agrees, tribes and the Romans can gain control of more land and conquer others. If that happens a character may either die, or live under new control. Although this can happen, no one will be forced to lose their lands.

Magic:
There will be three “schools” or “classes” of magic. The three are Nature, Spirit, and Elemental. Each player can only pick one class to cast from, and the following descriptions are a base and not a limit to what these spells do.

Nature: Nature spells would allow the spell caster to use animals and plants to assist him or her. Some have found ways to actually shape-shift into the animals around them.

Spirit: Spirit spells would allow the caster to draw upon energy inside of themselves or other beings. Spirit casters can heal, or even drain life from others. Stories have even been written of some making the dead walk.

Elemental: Elemental spells use things like fire and ice to harm others. Elemental casters use the elements to bring harm to others, and even sometimes summon rains for crops or heavy fog to hide from others.

Mythical beings are allowed in the story, but I do expect a certain level of reason when putting them into the roleplay.

Plot:
The basic story will start with the Romans attacking southern tribes and from there, we will decide where the story goes. In no way does this have to be historically accurate.

Please post if you have any interest in this roleplay. Very Happy
Mojave Wanderer
Mojave Wanderer
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Roman Invasion of Britain Fantasy RP  Empty Re: Roman Invasion of Britain Fantasy RP

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Wow... You know it's funny because I've watched The Last Legion, The Eagle, and now The Centurion; all three movies centering their plots around the legendary Nova Invicta (the Ninth Legion, more commonly known as Legio IX Hispana), which was tasked to conquer the tribes of ancient Britania from the 1st century to around 117 CE before they, somehow, disappeared from Roman history.

Surprisingly this is the same time that Emperor Hadrian took power (from 117 to 138 CE). Thus, you have the construction of the famous Hadrian's Wall; which led way to it's references in well known legends like the Arthurian tales and even Robin Hood.

I've actually been wanting to start up a role play centering around ancient Rome for quite sometime and I think this might be a good place to start. My internet is limited at the moment due to some difficulties with a router, but I'll definitely try to squeeze in some time to work on this with you. I have extensive knowledge of both Roman and Celtic history/legends which may benefit your role play.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Roman Invasion of Britain Fantasy RP  Empty Re: Roman Invasion of Britain Fantasy RP

Post by Mojave Wanderer Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Well I'm glad your joining ghost writer, and your knowledge of history can make this roleplay come to life even more! Very Happy As for the time, its a bit sooner than that, it is during the first Roman Invasions, so Hadrians wall has not been built Sad But as I said, from the time the Romans invade, it will be up to us to determine the fate of Britain, and who says the wall cant be built early!
Mojave Wanderer
Mojave Wanderer
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 am

I'm tentatively in this, but a little nervous because 1. I am already in five role plays and 2. I don't know as much about the era as you guys do. Sheldon's going to have to run me through a crash course, and I promise I'll decide by the time the IC is up.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:04 am

Ryona Noel wrote:I'm tentatively in this, but a little nervous because 1. I am already in five role plays and 2. I don't know as much about the era as you guys do. Sheldon's going to have to run me through a crash course, and I promise I'll decide by the time the IC is up.

Oh I know; I was just rambling. XD
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:22 am

Just bumping this to see if there's any more interest. Smile
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:58 am

Er...
Spoiler:

Sorry, I just figured since you are a global mod you probably don't want to break rules Wink

I do know that Mojave was hoping for at least one more player though. Unfortunately, that won't be me...I've realized I'm far to busy to pick up another RP. Hopefully someone else decides to join!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:27 pm

I would be interested if you guys are still in.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:50 pm

Hey Dax, Mojave is still without internet, but hopefully will be up and running again soon.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down