FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bram: Hunt for the Irinen OOC

+5
Undisputed
Mojave Wanderer
Artorius
Kathryn Lacey
Gadreille
9 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Bram: Hunt for the Irinen OOC - Page 11 Empty Re: Bram: Hunt for the Irinen OOC

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Looking forward to the next Hasina post! It doesn't really matter to me who posts next for the Hoard.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:38 am

I'll be posting soon guys!
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Awesome!

GC, I hope my use of your character was alright. Let me know if any changes need to be made.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:02 am

Hello all,

I noticed on Kathryn's tag that this Rp is still open to new players and after messaging Gadreille and reading the IC I couldn't pass up the chance to join.

Before I post a CS I want to submit an idea to the rest of you regarding the introduction of my character into an Rp that has already set sail. (Fear not, I promise not to go overboard with the nautical wordplay. Err.... okay that last one was an accident.)

Since the ships and crews have already set off on their voyages it was my idea that my character be found along way, destitute on a small remote island. Now I know getting to the point in the Rp where your characters have sailed long enough to feasibly find someone on an island might be a month or more down the road, but I'm okay with the wait, and which crew happens across him can be sorted out later.

The main thing to know is that he has long since gone sun-crazed. He doesn't remember his true name, he doesn't remember how he came to be on the island, he doesn't remember any of his life before the island, and that means he doesn't remember once belonging to the crew of the Irinen.

This allows him to slip into the story and plot without having more information than the other characters. He actually has less information than they do.

I've pitched this idea to Gadreille and she asked that I bring it to the rest of you for approval/improvement/questions, comments, happy thoughts/or any reservations you might have before I add it to my CS. Open criticism is welcome.

As to how my character survived on this island long enough to loose his marbles, that can be attributed to his unique ability, and will be addressed in detail in my CS.

Please let me know what you think!

Last edited by Lumeus on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm Gadreille, and I approve of this message Thumbs Up

In all seriousness, I think it would be a great addition to The Golden Albatross storyline. However, I can't seem to remember where each ship sailed from. I know the Jolly Possum sailed from the western shores of Mathyr. I think Fasar's hoard sailed from Pern? And Golden Albatross from Cherom? If that's the case, we will have to have a time skip if we're going to get The Golden Albatross near the break so soon. Either that or we can give this new character storyline to Fasar's hoard. I'd love to hear thoughts from the rest of the crew (oh no, more pirate puns...)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:34 pm

I think that your character sounds awesome, Lumeus! Crazy people are often a fun and interesting addition to role-plays!

Hm... I approve of a time skip. Once the whole squid thing is wrapped up, a time skip could be just what we need to get the pirates back into the game - I've noticed that, at least for me, it's been getting harder and harder to come up with interesting things to do with them. Plus, it'll give the merchants time to recoup after their fun with the giant squid and its babies.

We'll have to discuss where our characters will be at that point, though, and how they'll feel about the other characters. How much time would have passed during the skip?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Well, the thing is, Fasar's hoard is much nearer to the break, so they don't need a time skip. Now that I think about it, I think the merchant ship has already undergone a month long time skip. So...we actually don't need to skip time. For Fasar's hoard, our next step could be facing the Break itself...we're close enough.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 pm

I could go with a time skip. I'd be happy to have him aboard.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Name: Abraham Wicker (goes by Dr. Benji Twain)

Deity: Binkly (This is the name of Abraham's island, which was revealed to him in a "vision," and according to the vision, Binkly, the male god of lost souls, was the shunned seventh disciple of Bram.)

Power: Unknown to Abraham he possesses the ability to adapt to his surroundings in order to survive. This can be as small as the capillaries in his lungs expanding to allow him to breath easier at higher altitudes, or as grand as his kidneys altering their filtering capabilities to extract pure water from sea water, His ability even allows his body to use photosynthesis to keep him alive without food for months on end. However, his adaptations always come with a price. For instance, filtering the impurities of the ocean water into his urine makes going to the bathroom burn like fire, and though photosynthesis keeps his body from shutting down and dying it does not replace the nutrition and minerals required to keep him healthy. It is very much like starving to death without the dying part.

Weapons: None

Physical Description: With a total weight of eighty-six pounds, two percent body fat, and a 6'2" frame, Abraham resembles an animated skeleton. Burned to a deep golden tan, his skin is wrapped tightly across his bones, muscle, and sinew. His checks are gaunt but hidden beneath a black, scraggly beard that hangs down to his chest and is hopelessly entangled in his long, unkempt, black hair. Abraham has kind, ocean blue eyes that crinkle when he smiles, but they never seem focused on the present. His fingernails and toenails are long and eerily pointed, but perhaps the oddest thing about him is that his teeth are more or less white, and his gums show no sign of scurvy or rot. His only manner of dress is a pair of dirty ragged pants that look like they could have once been a fine pair of pantaloons but have since become faded and torn.

Personality: Since Abraham is not altogether there, his actions are rather unpredictable. Sometimes he forgets he is alone, and other times he wonders if he is the only soul in the world. Abraham is always very friendly, courteous, and polite to all of the birds and fish he meets, and he is always very apologetic when he eats them, yet he finds delight in the sound their tiny bones make when they snap. Another of Abraham's odd quirks is that he has little no concept of time, or even what the purpose of time would be if explained to him. The movement of the sun and moon in the sky are mere inevitable events that only seem to affect how much of the ocean he can see, and nothing more.

Biography: Benji is fairly certain that he has just always been. The heavens were created, then the sea, then land, then him. With no parents and no recollection of a childhood, it stands to reason that Benji was brought into being as an adult, though he finds it odd that he knows what parents and a childhood are, and that he missed out on his. This tells him that he is not alone in the world. Someone out there had to of been a child once and grew up with a family. On occasion Benji will have conversations with Binkly, the deity of his island, and through these conversations Benji has become knowledgable about the world beyond what he can see, but Binkly's words are not always clear in their meaning and leave Benji with more questions than answers, and so Benji has spent his entire life pondering the meaning of his existence, and why it is so different from all other creation.

Occupation: Benji Twain is the only doctor on the island of Binkly, but despite this Benji manages to find a considerable amount of free time to relax in the shade, take long walks on the beach, and practice the art of screaming obscenities at the ocean for sending wave after wave of waves to steal his sand.

Current Ship: None

Last edited by Lumeus on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Your character looks great! One question:

If he doesn't remember his past, how does he remember his name, or did he make it up for himself?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:31 am

His real name, Abraham, he doesn't remember. He goes by Benji because that is what Binkly calls him. I should have been more specific about his dementia, and I'll update it after this post, but Abraham has conversations with Binkly. That's how he still knows about the world beyond his horizon. And to keep the names from getting confusing, I'll only be using the name Benji in my posts unless his true name is somehow revealed to him.

Also, I haven't yet found a picture that I like for my character so I'll probably resort to drawing my own. That will be up when I stop being lazy and draw it. Smile
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:34 am

Sweet! Sorry if it sounded nitpicky. I was only curious about it. My brain sort of focuses on small things sometimes. Anyway, that sounds neat!

I forgot to mention that his power is awesome!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:41 am

No, no, I love the nit-picky details myself. Those tend to make or break a character in my eyes, so I'm glad you brought it up. Thanks!
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:15 pm

In other news, Artorius got off his lazy bum and posted!
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:44 am

I saw! Good job! ^^_^^ I have been extremely busy lately, so I haven't had time to read it, but I will as soon as I'm able.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Thumbs Up for activity!

I'll get to reading as soon as I'm able. Sorry I've been quiet!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:28 am

>.> hello? <.< is anyone there?
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:46 am

I am. I'm sorry. Six day work-weeks are kicking my butt, and the best part is that this will probably continue for at least two more weeks. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Perhaps Undisputed can give us a post? I know I was the last (along with GC) to post on Fasar's hoard. I'll try and work on something for the Golden Albatross.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:07 am

I wasn't so much pushing for a post as hoping that people were still alive... haha
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:28 pm

I'm alive Smile

In fact, my next post from James should probably deal with Buzzwulf's marine character. I wanted them to get into a fight (The Marine wanting to be rid of the illegal mercenary) but obviously, since buzz is no longer with us, the Marine gets ousted when they make port. Artorius, any ideas on how to make that happen? Why would the Captain side with the merc and not the Marine? Anyone else is free to give their opinion as well.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Erm...anybody? Hello? I has a question needs answering!

Also, Undisputed and I are having trouble coming up with what to post next on Fasar's hoard. We were hoping everyone on that ship would pow wow and help us figure out what to do next.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:19 pm

If the Captain and the Merc have history going beyond that of the Marine and the Captain, that could explain why he'd side with one and not the other?

Also, I'm not one hundred percent sure where to go on the whole Fasar's Hoard thing. I'll give it some thought when I have time while I'm working today. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Thanks Kathryn Smile

I think both men were just for hire, but perhaps the Captain has personal reasons why he'd choose one over the other ... I need Artorius to get back to me on that one.

As for Fasar's hoard, the only thing I could think of for sure was that the Possum needs to be manned, it's not going to be able to be towed through the break. So reorganizing positions would be a good post, but one I think we need GC for.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:32 pm

Alright, well we could definitely develop a personal relationship... Alfonz seems to have a lot of those... Razz At any rate, I'm willing to work through instant messenger, e-mail, PM, Facebook, etc. Whatever will get it done.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm not on enough for chat programs to be of any use, so messages through PM or facebook are probably best. All I know is that I want buzz' character to realize (quite obviously at this point) that mine is a mercenary. Since Buzz' is a marine (what the heck is the guys name? Cotton?) he would be angry that my character is aboard (yknow, I'm illegal and all that) and demand that my character be kicked off at port or perhaps even just fight him right there. Perhaps he's angry with the captain for hiring me?

Anyway, The time skip that we experience makes it likely that all of this happens directly after squid fight and not when we make port. Anyway, this is just a convenient way to get rid of Buzz' character, while making mine face a challenge of being accepted by the crew as a whole.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:47 am

His name is Daniel Cotton.

Did Buzz and Mojave drop out? Their names and characters are italicized.

Also, if we're doing a time skip, why not have the Hoard encounter the octopus witch - whose name I've inconveniently forgotten - soon after the crews are given their orders about which ships they'll run?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Buzz left FOG, and Mojave hasn't been on much either. I've been carrying Mojave's character, but since Buzz is done with FOG there isn't much a point in carrying Daniel Cotton (thanks for the name refresher), right?

Yea, I can't remember her name either...it started with an A. I'll find it. {edit: Aerona} I was hoping to have her be either in the break or on the other side of it...so should we have them just reach the break? It would make sense that they would be near it while the other ship is still a ways off.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:57 pm

No. I agree that there's no point to carrying a character whose owner is gone. Will cotton be killed off or is it meant to be a surprise what happens to him?

Oh, meeting Aerona could be just the delay themerchants need to catch up with the pirates. I'm sure a cunning witch would have tons of fun with them.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:22 pm

I'm speaking with Artorius about it, but I was thinking about him just ditching them when they make port (as described in Artorius' last post).

You're right, it would be a good delay. I'm game.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next