FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+44
Jag
Spectre
Blade Barrier
Knifey Keith
Chindi
Icipher
DracoMalfoy
cindrella
Lumeus
Moon's Jester
xraineyesx
Talas
Sunwolf007
Nihilisil
Guilty Carrion
Colonel Autumn
Bird of Hermes
Raspeyer
Sólrökr
Awesomeocalypse
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Charlie the Ghost
Sighlent
Axiom Awaits
The Ghost Writer
Ana Kingsley
Entity of Sin
Eternity
Tartra
Digital Muse
Gabe
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
wakeangel
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Silvan Arrow
Fate Flyer
Lara
Skitzo-phrenick
Lyonesse
The Melancholy Spirit
Kathryn Lacey
48 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 3 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Gabe Sun May 15, 2011 11:50 pm

Ah, yes I think I see what you're saying then. I could definitely see how that would be a problem when you're trying to legitimately draw attention for actual quality videos, or find some good inspiration. Youtube is certainly flooded with garbage, but I wasn't aware that people actually generate more money by simply posting up nonsense.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 16, 2011 2:51 pm

My dad is taking the cat that I have had since I was five years old to the vet tomorrow, and she probably won't be back. I do not regret this decision, but my dilemma is...I really want to be there, but in order to be there I would have to give up going to work tomorrow. I already gave up going to work today because the family needed the second car to see Uncle Danny, who is dying of cancer. I didn't regret this decision either, knowing I had work tomorrow. Now that I have to choose between my cat and work tomorrow, I wish I would have found a way to get to work today.

What do I do?
Please no "it's just a cat" comments. (If that is what you mean to say, at least use kinder words.)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon May 16, 2011 3:26 pm

I think there are enough animal lovers here in FoG that no one is going to say "it's just a cat." Our pets are precious, beloved members of our families, and it's always a sad occasion when one is sick or passes away. If I may ask, is it just old age or some illness that is ailing your cat?

I wish I could offer some words of wisdom in your decision. I understand the need to work to provide for your family, but I also remember when my dog suddenly passed away during my freshman year of college, I hated that I was four hours away and couldn't be there to say goodbye. Perhaps you could try calling your boss and explaining the situation? If he/she is understanding and okay with it, maybe you could come in late after going to the vet?

Know that we're all here for you if you want to talk *hugs*
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 16, 2011 3:58 pm

It is old age. She is 18 years old, and while she is very spirited, her back legs are not working as well as they used to, and her senses are dimming. She is losing control of her bowels as well. Since it is my parents that are caring for her, I am not going to argue when they decide enough is enough. Like you, I was away at college when the family dog died. It is another reason I want to be there. I still wish I was there for licorice, especially since I was home less than two weeks later.

It's not even a question of getting permission. I can cancel the job without any consequence, except the obvious of not getting paid. I guess because I have this freedom I try to be extra careful of not taking advantage of it. It's hard for me to put my priorities in appropriate order, since money has obvious value, but is less important to me than saying goodbye to a friend that has been there for almost my entire life.

thanks for responding, Silvan. It's nice to have outside perspective.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon May 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Well, I can now officially relate to your pain, because I just lost a pet today. My dad called me to say that one of my leopard geckos had to be put to sleep this morning due to complications with his legs. He's had shedding problems for a long time now and keeps hurting his legs, and today he couldn't move them at all and had stopped eating. Mom's been taking care of them while I've been away at school, and she's absolutely devastated about it. I just feel so numb and hollow, like it isn't really happening and that it's just a bad dream. I feel so detached from my animals because I'm six hours away from them, and now I have this horrible regret because the few times I'm at home, I barely take the time to see them because I'm usually working on homework or out seeing friends. Some animal owner I am. I should have learned after my dog suddenly died not to take them for granted, because at any time something like this can happen and God can decide that their time has come.

Well...there goes my studying for the day... I sure wish my guy were here to offer a hug or something...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 16, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm sorry Silvan. It's really hard going through this. And more than a bit odd that our dad's both had the same sort of news for us on the same day Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 10:37 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue May 17, 2011 10:13 am

Thanks Silv. T-45 minutes and counting. Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue May 17, 2011 8:12 pm

So...my uncle and my almost 19 year old cat died today...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue May 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, Ryona... I'm sure the double whammy was the absolute last thing you needed... I wish I knew what to say that would even be remotely helpful, but just know that we're all here for you if you want to talk or anything. Prayers and hugs coming your way! *hugs*
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed May 18, 2011 4:01 am

Double. Sad
Virtual support might not seem like much, but I hope it helps. The people behind the words are praying and thinking of you.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed May 18, 2011 10:30 am

Thanks, Kalon and Silvan. Neither of the deaths were a surprise, so I am able to handle it a bit better than last year when my aunt died. The worst part is that everyone is grieving in some way...there is not a dry eye to look to except Silvone, who has that manly ability to remain calm in any given situation...my dad has been supportive too. I suppose I wish I could be like them, I am tired of crying, been to more funerals than I can count on my fingers, and am sick of the tears. Doesn't stop them from creeping up on me though.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 18, 2011 11:36 am

Sad I am so sorry, Ryona. My condolences... Dealing with the death of two loved ones at once must be very difficult. Keep their memories close.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed May 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks Fate. Today hasn't been so bad. My best friend spent a couple of hours with my grandparents and me, it made the day less painful.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu May 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Bad, bad drivers.

Some people were just never meant to drive. Mad

'Nough said.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ana Kingsley Thu May 19, 2011 4:54 pm

UGH!

So, you know that cute little Vaporeon I have posted in my crochet thread.
Yeah, the one I was SO close to finishing. The puppy got if off the table while I was showering and ripped it to shreds!

Ah well. I'm re-doing it and its coming out even better this time around so I'm not too upset. I just need to get a new yarn needle now...My plastic one broke. >_<
Ana Kingsley
Ana Kingsley
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat May 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Wow, so I just looked at the weather, and it's supposed to rain...ALL WEEK. No days of sun. Just rain. And it cools off. No I cannot emphasize enough how much I hate living in the midwest. It's too depressing for me. It's like they say, summer here really lasts only a few months.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue May 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Wow. I can't imagine living somewhere without a lot of summer, lol. I guess that's what I get for living in desert california, haha.

I complain that the house we put a bid on fell through, due to the previous owners being less than forthcoming on their financial information...
We have now started the search anew and it is stressful. I wish it were more exciting, the way they make it look on tv shows.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue May 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Just for the record, I never think those tv shows about buying houses are that exciting. Sometimes they actually seem more stressful! I hope you can find another house really soon so the stress doesn't go on too long, Ryona!

It's a minor complaint, but I hate having writer's block. I meant to make more progress on a post for The Battle of Celebrant today since I took the day off from studying, but I'm having a hard time getting started and I'm just unusually tired. Hopefully it'll flow better tomorrow after a good night's sleep.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri May 27, 2011 4:20 am

I'll complain with you about the writer's block. I'm not sure it's so much a block as just some, I dunno, unnamed apprehension of success? Maybe it goes back to the same old song and dance that I'd have to go through to work on a work-in-progress work of art (that was a lot of 'work's in a row). I'd be afraid of messing it up.

New mantra-ish thing: Don't worry, it'll be awesome. Embrace the unexpected.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri May 27, 2011 9:15 am

I complain that I'm a stubborn idiot that tries to fix everything, even things that are iirrevocably broken...which usually ends up with superglue in the eye or just a really downer feeling!

Good luck with your writer's block! I think I might have a bit of it myself.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Fri May 27, 2011 9:18 am

Ryona Noel wrote:I complain that I'm a stubborn idiot that tries to fix everything, even things that are iirrevocably broken...
Just like the toilet seat in the latrines over here!!!! Laughing
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri May 27, 2011 9:32 am

Exactly! You try to fix that, you'll probably just fall into some shit. Laughing
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 9:46 am

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Axiom Awaits Fri May 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:I'll complain with you about the writer's block. I'm not sure it's so much a block as just some, I dunno, unnamed apprehension of success? Maybe it goes back to the same old song and dance that I'd have to go through to work on a work-in-progress work of art (that was a lot of 'work's in a row). I'd be afraid of messing it up.

New mantra-ish thing: Don't worry, it'll be awesome. Embrace the unexpected.
I get that way about stuff too. I try to just let things happen the way they are suppose to and not worry too much, but it never seems to go like that.

Ryona Noel wrote:I complain that I'm a stubborn idiot that tries to fix everything, even things that are irrevocably broken...which usually ends up with superglue in the eye or just a really downer feeling!
Haha sounds just like me. I'm like this guy, always trying to take stuff apart to fix it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMeNQoBqrak

I complain that I have finals to work on and I have no motivation to do them.
Axiom Awaits
Axiom Awaits
★ Administrator & FoG Father ★
★ Administrator & FoG Father ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 27, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm so tired. I'm always tired. I know I don't get enough sleep, but at the same time, it's hard for me TO sleep. My persistent eye twitch is a testament to that.

I hope if it's busy tonight at work, I can find the energy to be polite to people and not come off as indifferent, as I always am. (How genuine can a hostess honestly be smiling and greeting customers or saying goodbye? I mean, srsly. They can't expect me to be thrilled to see them for no reason other than it's my job to be.)

Also, I'm very much broke...

But mostly...

I'm just...

Sleep
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 8:11 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:35 am

*grumble*

Apparently I just overdrafted my TCF checking account yesterday. That account usually always updates instantly whenever I buy anything (unlike my other bank), so I've always trusted their online banking to show me the correct amount I have, but I guess it was wrong. Now, whatever they charge me, I'll have to pay on the 8th when I can finally deposit my paycheck, and by then, who knows how much the amount will go up by...
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:51 am

I'm sorry to hear that, Fate. I hate it when online banking doesn't work properly. Hopefully the charge won't be too much.

I complain that I worry too much. My oral exams are on Friday, and I've had frustration dreams the past two nights of various ways the exam could go wrong, like people on my committee not showing up, me blanking out on questions, and finding out that I have to re-take the test because I didn't do well enough the first time. I think I would have to try pretty hard at this point to outright fail, but I don't want to be "that person" in my class that passes with conditions and has to take an extra class or do extra work because I botched one portion of the test. I also don't want to let my committee down. It took me months of email exchanges and meetings before they all finally agreed to support my research, and I don't know if my advisor has ever had a female student (all the ones I know have been guys). I want to be worthy of their time, money, and confidence. So far they seem pretty confident that I'm on my game, and I want my performance on the oral exams to reflect that when I'm standing in front of them answering questions for an hour and a half.

Ugh...T-minus less than 48 hours!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:32 am

I hate it when that happens, your dreams ganging up on you...I'm sure you'll do fine, Silvan! =)

I complain that for the two months I'm in my apartment, I'm going to have to deal with construction being done on the two floors above me. It sounds like it's going to start every morning (at least during the week) between 7 and 8. >.> That's fine and dandy when I leave for work around 8:15, I guess, but I feel weird doing things I need to do to get ready while they're running around. And it really stinks when I don't have to get up for a few more hours, like today, since I go into work around 11.

I mean, I knew that the construction would be happening, so I can't complain too much, but I guess I didn't think I'd be that bothered by it. XD Though maybe I'm just antsy today because (warning: additional complaint tucked inside!) the flusher on my toilet broke last night (I have to reach in by hand and pull the plug to flush it right now) and I left them a note like my landlady told me to do. I've been fidgeting since they got here, expecting someone to knock on my door and ask to see it, but no one has and I'll be leaving soon enough, so I'm wondering how it's going to be taken care of.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next