FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+44
Jag
Spectre
Blade Barrier
Knifey Keith
Chindi
Icipher
DracoMalfoy
cindrella
Lumeus
Moon's Jester
xraineyesx
Talas
Sunwolf007
Nihilisil
Guilty Carrion
Colonel Autumn
Bird of Hermes
Raspeyer
Sólrökr
Awesomeocalypse
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Charlie the Ghost
Sighlent
Axiom Awaits
The Ghost Writer
Ana Kingsley
Entity of Sin
Eternity
Tartra
Digital Muse
Gabe
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
wakeangel
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Silvan Arrow
Fate Flyer
Lara
Skitzo-phrenick
Lyonesse
The Melancholy Spirit
Kathryn Lacey
48 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 10 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:41 pm

xD Sometimes I have dreams like that as well, when random people you know or used to know just kind of make an appearance. It would be twice as odd though, I imagine, if your dreams are so vivid as well. I guess, if anything, your dreams keep things interesting!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Ryona, I do that all the time, and it's funny you should mention that today. I woke up from a dream that I was kissing my ex and immediately had to slap (figuratively) some sense into myself. I definitely felt weirded out with myself after that one...

I complain that I threw out my lower back the other night. I woke up in the middle of the night, turned the wrong way, and started spazzing in horrible pain. I'm doing much better today, but I still have swing dance this weekend, including an outreach performance gig at a nursing home on Sunday. I must be healed by then so I can help make the old people happy by dancing!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:30 pm

My dream was also romantically based, which was why it was so awkward. At least with you it was an ex. This person I dreamt about was...not an ex, lol. Not someone I even thought I considered romantically. What makes it even worse is that I'm married. I shouldn't be having these dreams!!!

You are right though, Fayt, it is interesting. Just....strange, lol.

edit: I forgot to say, I hope you get better Silvan. Take it easy!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:42 pm

I read somewhere that dreams about romantic and/or sexual encounters with someone don't necessarily mean you want to be with them. It just means you respect them.

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:I read somewhere that dreams about romantic and/or sexual encounters with someone doesn't necessarily mean you want to be with them. It just means you respect them.

That's a relief. I definitely respect this person. I think I'll go with that theory ^_^
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 pm

My money got stolen today. I hate my house, the town I live in, and my job.

Sorry for being a whiny, emo kid. It's one of those days
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Ryona, I'm glad I could help you feel better about your dream. ^^_^^

Rain, how did your money get stolen? I'm so sorry that happened to you!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Kathryn, yea, thank you. I sit and ponder my dreams a lot. I wish I could just forget them like Silvone does.

I think thats worth being whiny about, rain. That sucks! May tomorrow start more brightly.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:18 pm

I live in the ghetto. I left my purse in my roommate's car, and apparently when she took it inside, my wallet fell out. My neighbor brought it over, claiming some guy found it, and all my money was gone. So, yeah. Pissed.

Thank you, both.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:11 am

Had a class tonight, and I'm pretty sure the opening line was "Let's begin with the premise that everything you've done up to this point is wrong."
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:46 am

Yo, GC, I respect you, and I'mma let you finish, but I just gotta say...

Those hours we were giving you? Yeah no.

No more of those.

Oh, you're EMPLOYED.

You just don't WORK.

Good luck with phone bills...rent...credit cards...enjoying some semblance of a social life...feeding your crippling soda addiction...

And no matter what anyone says, it's probably not about the shit you got us in with the Union a couple months back. Not at all.

Okay maybe.

50/50.

Mostly.

100%.

We hate you.

Love,
GC's Employers.

PS. We didn't mean the love.

*shoots self in the head*
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:40 am

Ryona, that's... wow...

Carrion, that really sucks that they cut back your hours. I'm really sorry! =\

Shit has sort of been hitting the fan at work for me, too. There's this part-timer who was hired at the Sandy RadioShack location, and he's a fantastic salesman. The guy probably sells about twenty phones a month. The only problem is that he's kind of shady, and he's a giant dick, and the district manager doesn't see any of that through all of the ass-kissing he's giving her. All she sees is that he's selling more phones than anyone.

So what did she do? She offered him a manager position which he declined because it's a "dead-end job." However, that doesn't stop him from trying to tell his boss ((my boss's husband)) what to do. He also tries to fuck over his co-workers. He said, "Hey, guys. This is what we'll do. I'll go stand by the phones, and you guys can do the store operations and sell everything else, but I'll sell the phones so that they get done faster." Because, it's not like EVERYONE else has a quota to meet for phones, and it's not like anyone else makes commission off those phones. If they're smart, they declined him.

How does this effect me, you may ask? Well, yesterday, the managers had a conference call, and my manager let me know that our Disctrict Manager had Kyler as a guest speaker to teach the managers how to sell phones. Well, that's not the bad part, really, because the guy is a born salesman. The bad part is that he thought it would be a great idea to bring up what his co-workers and what everyone at OTHER stores is doing wrong so that he could make his awesome sales look that much better.

While my manager was raging about this, she also let me know that he took an incident that happened at our store and told our DM about it. Basically, my co-worker sold a phone to an extremely old man. He brought it back the next day because he couldn't figure out how to work it. I showed him other options, but he decided he didn't want them. Then, he found our no-contract phones, and he said he wanted one of those. I informed him politely that those were no-contract phones and that he'd want to cancel his Verizon account if he only wanted to pay for one phone - the no contract one. He got really pissed off at me, and he eventually decided to just undo his upgrade from the day before and revert back to his old phone.

That same week, he went to the Sandy location, and the asshat salesman sold him a phone with which he was actually happy. Then, he went around telling everyone ((including but not limited to my manager, his manager, and the district manager)) that the people at Draper ((my location)) were total assholes to this old man. Um... I'm sorry... My manager was there HELPING me with that, and we did all we could for the man according to his wishes. You weren't there, so how the hell would you know?

Now, my job and my manager's job is in greater jeapardy than it ever was.

Oh, did I mention that he told the DM right in front of his manager that all of the managers are basically incompetent? The DM seems to love this guy, and I'm pretty sure that if he actually decided to become a manager that he would probably tell the Regional Manager ((the DM's boss)) that all of the District Managers are incompetent, too. How does she not already see that? This guy gives off bad enough vibes as is, so I can't believe the DM is so blind that she can't see this guy for exactly what he is.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 pm

GC, your union doesn't guarantee you a certain minimum hours of work per week? If not that is a load of crock.

Kathryn, it sounds like you work with my uncle -_- It sucks that people are allowed to get away with that behavior all of the time. Passive people are told to be agressive in the worksplace, but no one ever asks an agressive person to back the !@%$ off once in a while!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:54 pm

Thinking of things that need to be edited, and deciding how to edit them, is a lot different than actually trying to write it out differently than you did before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 am

ARRRGHHHH!

I know I shouldn't get upset over what happens in video games, but WoW has been REALLY annoying lately in terms of grouping with others for dungeons. Sometimes, I can't even believe some of the things that happen. I mean, seriously.

If anyone has played World of Warcraft before, maybe you can relate...

I was just in a dungeon (Black Rock Depths), and my original group all left when the tank pulled too big and everyone died. (I was playing on my Hunter character, so I Feigned Death to live, but I'm not yet in a guild, so I couldn't Mass Resurrect.) So, I waited around for about 15 minutes for a new group. It was just me and a Rogue from the original team. The Rogue was another girl who seemed friendly.

Anyway, the new team appears, and we pick up where we left off. All seemed...okay (although they didn't seem to know their way around the dungeon or what to do, and one of the DPSers actually dropped out, since they fell off a ledge jumping around like an idiot and landing in the lava, then couldn't find their way back *facepalm*). We made it to the large boss towards the end (after you light the fires with the torches to open the door). Don't ask me his name, since I can't remember, but he's the one where when you face him, fire shoots out of the walls on both sides. We fought him inside the fire, which obviously you're not supposed to do. So someone ended up dying, and the rest of us very nearly died. I said afterward, "Probably should have pulled him back here so we weren't fighting him in the fire xD" After that, all hell broke loose.

The tank replied (and mind you, I'm typing all this correctly for them, since their spelling and grammar was severely lacking), "No you're not! You're not supposed to move. Dumbass." And everyone was basically like: o_O How does not moving while you're being consumed by fire help matters?? Someone said, "Um, no. The Hunter's right. You are supposed to pull them, tank."

From there, it was from bad to worse. In the next room with the very, very final boss of the dungeon, the healer wasn't healing, so I had to Feign Death a few times and use some potions (annoying!). Everyone was so busy arguing and were on each other's throats. The tank pulled a bunch of Dwarves, and he pulled too big, so we were struggling to survive (especially with the healer -- a Shaman -- talking trash and not healing), and my pet (a cat) was helping of course. Apparently the tank wasn't even aware of his pulls (even though I stood there firing at one group and watched him pull another), because he said, "Hunter needs to put their pet away. Kill your pet, Hunter! Get rid of it," because apparently (as ALWAYS with Hunters), it's the pet's fault.

Everyone again was like o_O as the tank. They all were saying, "Why would a Hunter dismiss their pet? Hunters use pets. That doesn't make any sense," and so forth. Then the tank, to prove how intelligent he was and that he was right that I needed to put my pet away (I was just like "lol"), he said, "I've been playing WoW for 9 years, before any of you knew what vanilla WoW was!" The Rogue (who was the one from my original team) said, "So what? That just means you have no life." I said, "Oh, good job," in response to him saying he played for 9 years, and then said to his next statement, "I think most WoW players today have played vanilla WoW. You aren't special." (I started WoW back in it's now-referred-to-as 'vanilla' days.)

Then, after that, people started accusing one another of being 10 or 11 or 12 (depending on who was throwing the insults). Everyone seemed to agree the tank was a kid. (Mind you, all this was going on as we were trying to kill things to get to the final boss, and for the most part, I was just trying to fight, because I hate talking and not paying attention to what you're doing.) Then the tank turned to the Rogue and called them a child, and they countered by saying they were 32 years old (which, from my short time with them, I could believe, especially from their responses). So, instead of calling the Rogue a kid, the tank (a Paladin) called them 'mom,' and told them to go feed their kid. The Rogue said they actually do have a baby, and they're 3. The tank said, "So you're playing WoW instead of feeding your kid?" (I just was shaking my head and thinking, 'This is going too far. I mean, really.') And then they were arguing about how a baby doesn't eat all day, and the tank said that it takes a few hours! I mean, what? Seriously!? Why is this even being discussed?? What sense does it make that a mother can't play a video game because she has a kid? That makes me sick. I plan on playing games till I die (or am just plain too old to care).

As bad and juvenile as this whole experience was, the worst I found out was still yet to come.

We finally got to the last boss, but the tank and healer were too busy going at it (I don't even know what the healer Shaman was arguing about, but they were just as bad and immature as the tank), so the boss wasn't being aggroed by the tank. And the healer wasn't healing anyone. So then it all fell on my shoulders, since I was doing the most DPS (damage per second, for non-WoW players). Obviously then the boss was attacking me, and I before I could even click Feign Death for the hundredth time, I ended up dying. The tank and healer weren't doing a thing, so the Rogue and our other DPS were trying to fight his boss basically by themselves. Somehow they finally beat him, but I was still dead.

The healer was a jerk, and no only did they never heal me the whole dungeon, but they also left the party after the boss was defeated and didn't resurrect me. The Paladin tank came over to me and said, 'I'll rez you." And I was just thinking, 'What...? They were being a little shit this whole time.' And then he said, "NOOOTTTTTT!!!!!" Doh I couldn't believe it! What an asshole.

To top off the crappiest dungeon experience ever (and I've had some pretty bad ones), a piece of armor dropped that was perfect for a Hunter. It was mail and had lots of agility. It was so much better than what I was wearing, so I needed it of course. During the loot roll, the tank Paladin also hit need!!! I was like WTF!? Why on earth would a Paladin, who can where plate armor instead of mail and who doesn't need agility at all need that!? That pissed me off, and of course he won it. If he played WoW for so many years, you'd think he'd know what kind of armor a Paladin needs and would also know that Hunters and pets go hand-in-hand, and that we need pets to help do our DPS. *rolls eyes*

WoW has definitely suffered an influx in children. It was bad even before back when I first started playing, but now it's just ridiculous. I've never seen people argue and fight the way they do now in dungeons, and I know it partly has to do with the random dungeon finder, since acquiring pick up groups is so much quicker and easier these days. People are going through dungeons with random people instead of with guild mates, like the old days. And with so many pre-teens who think they're badass because they've played since they were little kids and have heirlooms on all their alts, it just makes the online gaming world look terrible for anyone who's new and wants to try it out (especially with the upcoming expansion) or who is returning to the game (like me) and is just wanting to have fun and enjoy themselves.

*shakes head* That was a long rant, but wow it was incredibly annoying!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Yeah... WoW is kind of... yeah... I much prefer LotRO. Everyone - even random strangers - seemed so much nicer. There were times when I could just see some random stranger on my same quest, and we could be like, "Hey, want to team up?" and we'd form a fellowship and get done twice as fast before parting with thank you's and happiness. I've also never had anyone hit "need" on something they didn't need, and if it happened by accident, we'd trade it to the other player for no fee.

I'm sorry your WoW experience was such an unhappy one.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:49 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Doesn't jury duty give you a chance to make a difference? The judge isn't supposed to tell you what your verdict should be, you know. You could end up setting a helpful precedent. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:54 pm

He wasn't picked for the jury. He just sat in a room all day waiting for them to tell him that.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Oh, really?
Wow.
Wow, I feel ya, then. *shakes head*
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:55 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon's Jester Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 pm

Eight hours spent on on five thermodynamics problems. Apparently, similar problems should only take ten to fifteen minutes on the test next week. Fml.

Moon's Jester
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:57 am

I complain that my RPs are not moving....

even if one is because I'm punking out.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:55 pm

typey typey typey. Very Happy
Getcher muse on, Digi! ^^
Gimmeeeee a D!
Gimmeeeee an I...
rah rah rah!
*bleacher crowd wave* wooooooo!
go go go! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:03 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:20 pm

I live with my cousin. He has a kid with his ex-girlfriend. They fight on the phone everyday for at least an hour. My cousin has a new girlfriend. He fights on the phone with her every other day for about an hour. Its a lot like watching a reality show. Its occasionally entertaining, but in general its annoying and I dislike it.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Ysopet, I feel you. I used to be a grocery store cashier, and that always sucked. ._.

Lumeus, I'm sorry you have to deal with that. It sounds like your cousin sure knows how to pick healthy relationships. /sarcasm

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Ysopet, I hope your work situation gets better soon. Lumeus, I'm sorry you have to deal with your cousin's relationship drama. That can't be fun.

I complain that I think I'm getting sick. I woke up with that niggling sore throat that you just KNOW is the first sign of illness. I've been downing vitamin C and Zicam like it's my job and made it through my morning data workshop. Now I'm back home in bed with a bottle of gatorade and a bag of throat lozenges, trying to rest before my 5 PM class. Aaaaaand I feel like crap. WONDERFUL! Stupid Alarm
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:05 pm

Small complaint update.

My cousin decided he's still in love with his ex. And loves his girlfriend as well. He's going to try to find a way to have them both.

I... I have not the words to adequately describe my frustration...
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Hooooo boy, Lumeus. I cannot imagine any scenario where trying to date two women is going to end well. I wish I knew what to tell you.

Aaaaaand my illness has decided it's going to put me through hell and back before I get better. I was getting over the sore throat yesterday, downing lots of liquids, and went to bed early because I was really sleepy. Well, I wake up nauseous this morning and spend the next couple of hours running to the bathroom to throw up (and then dry heave when nothing was left) until I just passed out from exhaustion. Thankfully my stomach has settled, but now I'm just trying to keep down some ginger ale and crackers. Aaaaand I still have class at 5 PM. I don't know if I'm going to make it.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next