FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+44
Jag
Spectre
Blade Barrier
Knifey Keith
Chindi
Icipher
DracoMalfoy
cindrella
Lumeus
Moon's Jester
xraineyesx
Talas
Sunwolf007
Nihilisil
Guilty Carrion
Colonel Autumn
Bird of Hermes
Raspeyer
Sólrökr
Awesomeocalypse
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Charlie the Ghost
Sighlent
Axiom Awaits
The Ghost Writer
Ana Kingsley
Entity of Sin
Eternity
Tartra
Digital Muse
Gabe
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
wakeangel
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Silvan Arrow
Fate Flyer
Lara
Skitzo-phrenick
Lyonesse
The Melancholy Spirit
Kathryn Lacey
48 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 8 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:46 am

Ouch...that sucks, Ryona. I've had a couple of nights this week where I either laid awake til really late or took a sleeping pill, went to sleep, and woke up exactly four hours later and couldn't get back to sleep. So much fun...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Silvan, I don't usually have to walk to the bus stop to get to work because Misery can take me if it's at 9am which is lately has been. I just had to walk home from it. It's really hot today. I think my scalp got sunburned. ._.

I'm sorry about your insomnia issues. Have you tried taking calcium supplements each night before bed?

Ryona, yes. It sucks. ^;_;^

Ugh... That blows for you. I hope your day isn't too awful.

I complain that pay day was yesterday, but I must have started working on the cut-off date for hours being tallied. I mean, it just means I'm going to have a better paycheck next Thursday, but I got myself all psyched for getting a haircut, and now I'm all depressed. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm starving and getting a headache. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:04 pm

I complain that my cinnamon toast crunch now tastes like apple cinnamon toast crunch because for some reason beyond understanding, I poured my apple juice into my cereal...and I refuse to let it go to waste. Weirdest thing I've ever eaten...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:34 pm

hahahah I did something like that with orange juice once. It was gross. Just pretend you're eating Apple Jacks!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel Autumn Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:50 pm

My girlfriend dumped me this morning. I hurt Sad
Colonel Autumn
Colonel Autumn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm just feeling pretty stressed and overwhelmed.

Axiom and I went to view an apartment yesterday that would be perfect for us. It has everything we want and need and is in an ideal location. However, there was a couple there viewing it before us (even though the lady scheduled us to be there at that time...), and apparently there are other people interested as well. I'm not sure she'll really consider us as tenants, since Axiom only has been at his job for a month, and I still am looking for work. If we don't get this place, we probably won't be able to move out till next year, because our other option might be too expensive for us, and we really would like to not have to pay that much so we can start saving money for a home someday. It'll be really tough living in this basement at his mom's house for a long time, especially through the winter, since she lives on a long, gravel road way out in the country and on a hill that's impossible to get up when it's icy.

I am starting work on a new commission for another book being published online this week, in addition to meeting with a temp agency tomorrow to hopefully help me find a job. Then I have to go drop off my resume at an eye care place that I've been told is hiring. Also, some lady called me and left a message on my phone Friday night (who does that!?) about a job, but I have no idea what the job is or anything about it, so I have to call her back and figure out if it's real or just another of the many Craigslist scams I keep getting.

I'm really nervous about both finding a job (since I really need one soon) and finding a place for Axiom and I to live. I had Axiom write the lady that showed us that apartment yesterday after we viewed it to thank her for showing us and that we were impressed and hope to be considered as future tenants. I just hope she chooses us.

It just feels like there are all these things going on right now, and I just want some stability in my life.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Good luck with the apartment! I understand how you feel right now, as I've just been there. Sometimes you just gotta take a breath and then let it go. Don't mull over the details. Things will change.

I have a petty complaint... people keep asking me "What made you decide to cut it off?" (my hair). I never know how to respond....

I mean, I don't know, what made you decide to pour harmful chemicals all over your head, knowing that it's going to look like shit in a few months, just so you can spend anywhere from a half an hour to two hours pouring more harmful chemicals on your head and then drying out your hair with a whole host of tools that could otherwise be used as torture devices? To each his own, man.

(note, I'm not actually dissing long haired girls, as I've been there. But seriously, what would you say if someone asked you WHY you styled your hair the way you did?)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:39 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Fate, I'm sorry about the stress in your life. I do hope you're able to get the apartment. You should hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. It's really the best way to go.

Anyway, I keep forgetting to tell you how awesome I think your new set-up is. ^^_^^

Ryona, I think your new haircut looks good, and you can just tell people you wanted a change, that you wanted something new and different. Also, as a girl with long hair, I can attest to the fact that a very small number of us hate using hair products. I've used a lot more since I got bangs ((really, I just dampen the bangs themselves and blow dry them or they get all wonky and ugly and don't lie flat)), but I don't use hair spray or anything other than warm air or hair clips or hair ties to style my hair because I know how damaging it can be. Plus, hair dye is something I avoid because I like my natural colour too much.

Anyway, I got off on a tangent. I just think that your hair looks great, and anyone who's an ass about it can go sit on something sharp. ^^_^^

Silvone, I feel you. I'm hungry, too. I forgot to take my break at work today, so I didn't get any lunch.

I worked out yesterday for the first time in like... two weeks, so my legs are hell-a sore, and I had to walk half an hour home. I live in the mountains, so a walk home can be pretty intense at times, and it's kind of hot today. Thank goodness for that slight breeze!

I'm also going to complain about the fact that I hate my refrigerator. It freezes any liquids in it, so the water in the purifier was frozen when I got home. I was so thirsty for something cold that I condescended to drinking a Mountain Dew. I'm sad. I hate soda. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Oh my, I'm hungry too! Shocked
Thanks, Silvone! cheers
*goes to nosh on a sammich*

Kathryn, your fridge freezes liquids? Hmm
(and, but, mountain dew is awesome... ((horrible, horrible, awful, but awesome...)))
How can a refrigerator freeze anything without freezing everything?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Kalon, I have no idea. I mean, if something like meat is in there long enough, it'll freeze it if it's on the top shelf, but it doesn't freeze cheese or eggs ((but it will freeze egg substitutes which are sort of liquidy)). I keep the water pitcher on the bottom shelf because that seems to be the warmest part of the fridge, but if it's less than halfway full, it's liable to freeze. I don't understand it.

I actually don't really like the taste of soda. I used to love it, but it grosses me out now. I had to drink it really quickly to be okay with it, and it only helped to cool me off. I'm still super thirsty.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Crap!

I totally was a month off on my mom's birthday. I thought it was this month, and it's actually October 22nd lol. I just ordered a fruit bouquet and balloons from Edible Arrangements to be delivered to my mom (who's now living in New Mexico with my dad and brother). Soooo, she's going to get a super early birthday present from me. Doh
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Well...think about it this way, Fate. Better to be a month early than a month late! I'm sure your mom will love the gift and the sentiment regardless.

I complain that I've been having issues with my legs since April. Whenever I shave, I get this bad ingrown hairs that get infected and really painful. Some weeks are worse than others, but yesterday it was so bad I had to leave the lab and get some first aid stuff to wrap my knee because my jeans were rubbing and forcing me to limp down the hallways. I went to the doctor today, and the PA prescribed antibiotics. I just hope that clears up the problem. I'm so self-conscious about my knees now because they just look ugly and horrible.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Maybe you should try hair removal products or a new type of razor? I've noticed that since I've been shaving more often this summer, I've been getting more bumps on my legs. I've been thinking about trying an Avon hair removal cream.

I complain that I've been Kittened. My mom calls and asks if I want this kitten, I tell her no but I can tell she's upset so I say I'll go look at it...it's a mangy, dirty, underfed sickling that is either really young, a runt, or both. So what do I do? I let my mom send it with me. I've decided that since this cat was practically a stow away and has used moral ambiguity against me, she should be called River Tam. I don't actually call her that, I just call her Kitten right now, because honestly, I'm not sure if she's going to live...but if she's not deathly sick, my job is to nurse her back to health and try and find her a home. I admit it's a change of pace having what is essentially an infant in the home again, but I hate that no matter how much sense it does NOT make, I still end up taking care of a sickly runt because I don't have a hard enough heart to leave it alone to its fate.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:31 pm

I feel ya Ryona. My family just raised up four such kittens because we've got a reputation with the vets now and we're a bunch of softies. So. Much. Kitten. Poop.

I complain my arm is still being mangled, and I want it to stop being mangled.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:34 pm

I complain that no matter how many approaches I take, no girl falls for me. I get it, I'm a weird ass kid, but fuck me, it seems like there's just ZERO girls out there that would be willing to TRY a relationship. Every girl I'm interested in always just wants to be friends, and it never goes anywhere from that point on. And sure, I get that I'm only 19, but I've not had a single relationship in my life. It's just a little disconcerting is all. I just wish that just ONCE, a girl would reciprocate my feelings. Instead I get to be that best friend that sets them up with other guys. OH BOY!
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihilisil Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Oh hey, a complaint thread.

Today I complain about people who waltz into a restaurant two to three minutes before they are about to close, see that the restaurant is clearly empty and the employees are in the process of finishing up all of their tasks for the day, and are still like "OLOLOLO SERVE US PLOZ." Seriously, what kind of fucked up social etiquette is that? If I am hungry and go out to eat, and see that my chosen venue is getting ready to close... I don't go to that damn restaurant. I don't care if it is my favourite place in the world, I'm not going to make the cooks get all their utensils back out and turn their equipment back on just so I can stuff my face, and make them have to stay possibly an hour or more longer than what they were supposed to work.

Can you tell this happened to me today? Can you? Rrrrgh.
Nihilisil
Nihilisil
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:40 am

Dreamless: Believe me, I feel your pain. I didn't have my first date, let alone a relationship, until I was 18. That one didn't last long, and during the rest of my college years, I got basically led on three times by guys who initially showed interest and then wound up dating other girls (oftentimes my friends) after I had fallen for them. Yeah, it sucked big-time. But after I started grad school, I met more people who were mature and with whom I had more in common, and now I'm in a very healthy relationship. I'm not saying there's no hope until grad school, but often it depends on what stage of life you're in that dictates the quality of people that you meet. And above all, don't just rush into a relationship for the sake of "being in a relationship." And having a girl fall for you doesn't depend on what "approach" you take. My boyfriend and I were just friends for several months before I started to fall for him. I could tell he was interested, but he didn't try to pressure or rush me into anything. We were just ourselves, no strings attached, but we kept the communication open and eventually his gentle patience won my trust.

Nihilisil: Ouch...that sucks. A similar thing happened to me all the time when I worked in a herpetarium. My partner and I would be getting ready to lock up for the day, and inevitably some family with 3 small kids would come in wanting to spend 10 minutes looking at all the snakes, after which more people would trickle in, and I just wanted to say, "LOOK! It's closing time and I want to freaking go home!" Hopefully you got paid some overtime for your trouble?

I complain that I can't do my thesis work right now. I need to get offshore and go SCUBA diving to get my video samples, and the weather has been just awful this past month. Between hurricanes, tropical storms, terrible visibility underwater, and waves that are too big to safely get out there, I'm going stir crazy and wondering if I'm going to lose this whole sampling season. And it doesn't help that my advisor is starting to get antsy for me to actually get started. Um...sorry. It's kind of out of my hands.

I even had a dream about diving the other night. How sad is that?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Feeling sick and I have a final test to do for a quad in 2 days as well as write a 8-10 paper for the quad. Not good...
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:58 pm

Today I realized just how little people care about me when it's inconvenient to do so. I guess I already knew this, but just tried not to notice.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:59 pm

I'm so sorry, Ryona. That's really a terrible thing to discover, especially today of all days. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:28 am

It's alright, I will survive. It was just a bad series of circumstances that took precedence over my celebration, that's all.

And now...I'm sick Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:38 am

Aww, that's too bad. Sad

Hope you feel better!
Have some laughs. Those help. Very Happy

*makes a funny face*

... I guess that probably didn't do much good... Razz
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Aww. Did you catch what Silvone had? I'm sorry regardless of how big a deal or not you think it is ((about both your unwanted discovery and your illness)). I hope you feel better emotionally and physically soon.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Thanks Kathryn. Yea, I guess I caught what he had. I really just need some rest, but as I have to take care of Theoden, that won't be happening any time soon Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:19 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 pm

I'd like to complain that even though I knew that making decisions while drunk could lead to stupid things, I never assumed it would lead to me doing something pretty FUCKING STUPID with a VERY close friend of mine who apparently DIDN'T break up with her boyfriend. Not only was I lied to, but that lie led to me becoming one of those guys that gets with unavailable girls. I feel like such a prick because of what I did, but I can't say anything to her boyfriend because he is a good guy for her and makes her happy. Breaking those two up would kill me is what I mean. Sad

And before anyone says anything, the drinking age is 18 in Australia, so yeah. >_>
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:16 pm

If he's such a good guy, he deserves better than this girl, honestly. No one deserves to be cheated on. The fact that she apparently lied in order to hook up with you makes her seem even less deserving of a guy who is so nice and great and such.

I hope he does find out, and I hope he dumps her. If he doesn't leave her, then that diminishes the idea of how great he is. I don't believe in second chances when it comes to cheating, personally.

Honestly, if she hadn't done it with you, she probably would have found someone else if she was really that determined.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Talas Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:40 am

Well, cheating is bad idea in general, and drinking never helps that kind of situation. I have cheated on a girl friend once. While I was drinking heavily at the time, being drunk is not an excuse, but it does create a situation where doing making gross errors in judgement much more likely.

I ended up cheating on my girlfriend with an ex-girlfriend at a small private college, so everyone ended up knowing everything. My response was that she was going to find out anyway and told her. I met her in person, apologized and left assuming we were broken up. This was a stupid idea because she was more concerned and confused with why I stopped talking to her and which was why she decided to end it as well. I figured that out later when I swallowed my shame enough to talk to her again.

Long story short, it was not really your fault. You were lied to and should have no obligation to fact check someone you trust. Even if they do think you are partially to blame, if they are good friends and reasonably mature, they should forgive you anyway.

I hate studying for the GRE.
Talas
Talas
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next