FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+44
Jag
Spectre
Blade Barrier
Knifey Keith
Chindi
Icipher
DracoMalfoy
cindrella
Lumeus
Moon's Jester
xraineyesx
Talas
Sunwolf007
Nihilisil
Guilty Carrion
Colonel Autumn
Bird of Hermes
Raspeyer
Sólrökr
Awesomeocalypse
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Charlie the Ghost
Sighlent
Axiom Awaits
The Ghost Writer
Ana Kingsley
Entity of Sin
Eternity
Tartra
Digital Muse
Gabe
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
wakeangel
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Silvan Arrow
Fate Flyer
Lara
Skitzo-phrenick
Lyonesse
The Melancholy Spirit
Kathryn Lacey
48 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 13 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Digital Muse Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 pm

You absolutely nailed it right on the head, Ryona. Watching parents ignore the child as it runs rampant or screams drives me crazy. Or they try to negotiate, but the kid knows there won't be any consequences because Mom and Dad don't want the conflict.

In a crowded restaurant, it's all I can do not to stand up and cuff the parents upside the head! I'm not paying $25.00 for a nice dinner to listen to their child scream!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:52 am

I didn't get a phone until I was fifteen, and it was just a basic TracFone. I had that thing for seven years, and I paid for the minutes myself as soon as I graduated from high school and got a job. I'm always really shocked at how spoiled children are these days. I see kids who've got everything come into the store all the time, and they're extremely rude to their parents. I think that kids who are made to earn what they've got appreciate it more and respect their parents more for actually being parents instead of facilitating a child's every want.

Also, I didn't have my own car until a few months ago, and I'm twenty-two, and I'm going to be paying back every penny that was spent on buying it and repairs - not to mention the facts that I pay for my own gas and car insurance.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:40 pm

It's starting even earlier in life now. I just saw an article on "toddler helmets" for crawling! How about you baby proof your home, and watch them when they are not at home, the way everyone else does it! If the kid falls and bangs their head a little, they've just learned something. They've learned that their legs aren't always going to keep them up. They've learned that gravity pulls them to the floor. They've learned that hitting your head on something hurts. They've learned that mommy will come and pick them up and give them a kiss on the head. They've learned how to continue on even though something hurts.

How is a kid supposed to learn anything if we take away all of the struggle?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:39 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:51 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:02 pm

I am currently very frustrated with my roommate. We seem to be at an impasse for how to run the A/C in the house over the summer. I've been having sleeping issues because it's too hot, and she's been having sleeping issues when I turn it on because lies awake for hours with a guilty conscience for harming the environment. I explained that it's affecting my health, and I basically got the "I'm killing polar bears and melting the ice caps" guilt trip, along with a host of scientific data to back up her arguments. Hellooooo...I'm also a scientist. I get it. No need to belittle my knowledge about environmental issues. I hope we can reach a compromise, or else it's going to be a very long and very hot, sleepless summer.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Tell her Global Warming is baloney, that humans have no significant effect on the environment whatsoever, and that it's all a political agenda. Very Happy Volcanoes'd do it by themselves. Also passing through denser regions of space. The slightest cosmic force could make us warmer or cooler. And we think we can have an effect with our factories, cars and A/C machines. :>

Smog, yes. Global warming, no. It gets warmer or colder pretty much regardless of our pollution. It the pollution that we do, not the climate. Smile

And A/C machines don't do pollution, so you're good. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:28 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 pm

\

Back to top Go down

Post by Icipher Sat May 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Actually, AC machines do technically cause pollution because they're using up energy that is created through methods that cause pollution. And while the earth gets cold or warm on its 'own' due to other reasons (some which you mentioned, Kalon) there is also the ability for humans to aide the earth in a faster warming than it should go through naturally, which is the case when people who actually know what they're talking about go on about global warming. The 'worst case' scenerios and the 'it isn't true' are both wrong. There is a middle ground that doesn't get spoken of in the media and that is where the truth lies. But, anyway...

Ysopet, you reminded me of a conversation two of my friends had the other day. They both work at K-Mart, one for a single year now and the other for three. Evan (one year) had is eval and asked for a raise. He was told "No one ever gets a raise". He asked Steven (three years) if he got the same thing. He did. After three years of working there, he still makes minimum wage. So... they eval you, and tell you to improve in certain areas... but where is the incentive to actually improve? *sigh

My complaint though would be the same as Ysopet. Been struggling with it for weeks now. :/
Icipher
Icipher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Ysopet left his phone in his pocket and I washed it, ugh. He's gone through three phones in the same amount of time I've used one! We can't afford to get another phone so...yea.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 21, 2012 6:55 pm

\

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue May 22, 2012 2:52 am

Why'd your uncle throw a phone into a pool? That sounds like an interesting story. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 10:51 am

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue May 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Wow. xD Why are uncles like that? xD

Was the $200 ruined?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 9:04 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Icipher Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Petty complaint: Chindi's guitar strap for her acoustic is far too short... >.>
Icipher
Icipher
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:00 pm

In an effort not to bring the Murphy's Law fairies' wrath down upon my head, I shall knock on wood whilst I say:

Could today get any worse?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:47 am

My country ways put the good on this god damn table!

KILL ALL DOGS! WAAUUUUUGGGHKK!!!
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:55 am

.... ??

Could you maybe clarify that? I can't tell if it's a complaint or a response or... just or. confused
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:24 am

We all complain and vent in our own way.

WHERE MY HOPPIN JOHNS AT?
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Ah, ok, gotcha. Now that I know. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Barrier Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:48 pm

My complaint?

People bitch too much. (I see the irony)

People should learn to get off their collective rear ends and elbows and make something of themselves. The problem may be in your life, it may even BE your life, but you can be the solution. Crying to the heavens, your momma, your teacher, your friends, or random people on a forum isn't going to do it. Nobody is going to make it better for you but yourself.

People issues are the hardest, because often we KNOW the other guy is wrong, but we can't change their mind. They can't be part of your solution. So you have 3 choices, be-rid of them, change to adapt, or actually TALK to them and try to find a compromise. One of these always works.

Do you know what I do when I walk through the park and I see an empty pepsi can resting in the grass? I throw it out. I can't talk to the A-hole that carelessly tossed it there because he isn't present, and I can't remove him from my life to solve the problem either. So i just have to realize it'll take me 3 seconds to throw it in the trash, and in the end, I'll be the mature adult and he/she will be the welfare-leeching-trailer-trash who rolls around in filth like a pig. But this isn't about him/her, it's more about my character. I'm a good Samaritan, so I'll be the adult and fix the problem. That way I can at least feel good about myself.

If everyone adapted this mind set, I'm pretty sure we'd all be a lot happier.

I shouldn't have to say this, but this wasn't aimed at any particular individual. It's just an invitation to look at your own problems a different way.
Blade Barrier
Blade Barrier
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Irony, indeed.
Though i think people share this stuff in a forum so they can find someone to relate to. Or something.. I get what you mean.

I do the same thing all the time, too. I see people leave empty cups on top of trash cans that are nowhere near full capacity. Or in a bush less than ten feet away from a trashcan.

And as i was always taught,
"If you don't like something- change it. If you can't change it- change the way you think about it"
-------------

I'm going to complain about my brain.
As some may have noticed i've been hyper active on this site since i got this new job.
I need to have more patience.
I'm checking the site like fifty times a day while i'm at work and it's not productive for me, haha.
I have so many ideas, and i'm trying to dump them off onto the site, and am afraid of losing them- or lose my passion for them before the other normal people can reply or show interest. It's not their fault for inactivity, it's mine for over-activity. I've been way too active lately and am going to be backing away. At least I say i will. However this will likely mean that I'm just going to stop for the day, then picking up old habits again tomorrow. xD

anyhow, i gotta go interview a computer programmer now. Take care, folks!

-Spectre

Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:04 am

Lots dat der dem swearing sir.

Spoiler:
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:53 am

Keith, I'm sorry that you're so upset right now. Sometimes, the lives we lead aren't the ones we want to have. I won't say it's silly to even consider suicide because I'm sure even "privileged" people consider it every now and again when life gets them down. However, I will say that I have never seen it become a good answer. I've lost a friend and my older brother to suicide, and I can tell you that even people you aren't certain care about you will be hurt by such a thing. Often times, people have no idea the kind of effect they have on another person's life until it's too late to recognize it.

Something that has helped me - because I can tell you that my life hasn't exactly been easily lived though it's in a good place now - is to try to think of all of the crap that happens as sort of fucked up lessons that we're supposed to learn to better ourselves. If you didn't have the experiences through which you've lived, you wouldn't be the person you are today. If you don't like the person you are today, then you can always start rethinking why that is, and potentially work toward changing things about yourself you don't like. I can tell you such a thing is a trial, and it takes a lot of time, and it isn't exactly perfectly done, but it helps a lot. At least, it helped me.

I know that advise isn't always universal, but you can always think it over and maybe alter it to suit you.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:19 am

As much as I appreciate your words, I've in the past tried to put much of the same philosophy into practice.

I've come to a simple realisation, the problem isn't with me. It's everyone else; I'm not taking blame anymore, I'm not backing down and having to always admit to being flawed or wrong. Enough is enough, I'm not going to kill myself despite how much an escape it may seem to me.

I simply don't have the balls, but I know for a fact if I roll up to the pub… Chairs are gettin thrown, people are gonna get bottled in the head. Fuck the Qur'an, fuck the Bible… I might believe in god but I'm sick of having to stick by the rules…

Doesn't seem to come back to bite anyone else in the arse.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:23 pm

First, I don't think you should always have to take the blame, but I don't think everyone else is to blame all the time, either. I think, as living beings, we all have flaws and problems to overcome, and we should all take responsibility instead of pushing it solely onto others or just onto ourselves.

Second, I don't think suicide has anything to do with balls. Honestly, I think that living takes more balls than killing oneself. Having lost people to suicide, I think that it's an easy out instead of facing things in life. However, on the other hand... I also believe that suicide is another form of population control. I don't view people who kill themselves as weak per se. I just think they chose the easier option. Living is hard, especially with the way the world is and will always be. I mean, I honestly feel ashamed that I live in a world like this a lot of the time, but there are good things to this world, too, and if you can sift through all of the bad crap to get to the good - however fleeting you may find it - it can definitely be worth it.

Third, as far as religion goes, I don't believe that people have to follow the rules of any books that - while potentially the words of the deity of specific religions - was essentially written and interpreted by men. I'm not a religious person, but most of my family believes in God. However, most of my family believes in their own way. They follow their own moral code. They don't go to church because they've often found the preachings of others to not be quite in line with the messages they prefer to believe. I won't deny that there are some really fantastic lessons in the books of various religions, and the stories are often very entertaining, but it's all up to the interpretation of the one teaching the religion.

There are many different religions that believe in one the God, and there are many factions within those religions. I know I'm going to be missing many of the different forms of Christianity, but just to list a few, there's Baptist, Lutheran, and Methodist, and while their core is essentially the same, their teachings differ a little.

I think it's wise for you to not want to be held back by the teachings of others, but I think it would be wiser if you believed in a way that didn't negatively affect others with say... black eyes and broken bones. =P

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:41 pm

I think everyone comes to the crossroads at some point in life.
As i've always been taught by a mentor of mine: "If you don't like it- change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it."
It's not worth making a huge deal about something you can't change. Because it's just that- something you can't change. This isn't a defeatist approach by any means, but you just have to come to terms with some things. The world and the people in it aren't always going to be the way you want it to be, and will likely be the opposite more than half of the time.

Agreed- suicide is the easy way out. It's also selfish. Some people just don't realize the permanence of suicide due to the inability to see past their own wants to just be free of whatever is stressing them at the moment.

Take my cousin for example. Very recently she thought something similar..... She and her husband got into an argument. She was tired of being second priority to him. His first priority? His daughter [from a past marriage. My cousin also had a daughter from a previous marriage]. This bothered her for some reason or another, and she got into a fit, and decided to take things into her own hands (surely to 'show him').... To cool off, he went to finish yard-work and went down for a nap- and she went upstairs to watch TV. He woke up to a gunshot coming from upstairs.

Did she think about 'HER' 28 year old daughter? Did she think about her Father who now has outlived his daughter? Did she think about her sisters and nieces? No. Had she considered, she wouldn't have put a .38 into her head. Not to mention- did she think about her husband- who now takes the blame, and many downcasting looks from her closer family members? Her daughter literally hates him and refuses any contact. A relationship that was previously a smooth one.

People don't realize that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It's not even a solution, it's just a way out. People say it will 'end the pain'. It also ends everything else. Forever. There will be no feeling. There will be nothing.

Get over your problems in other ways. They are temporary. People suck. They always will. Find some hobbies, find some like-minded individuals. If you say there aren't any- you aren't trying hard enough. Still hate people? Join a gym, take martial arts classes and do MMA competitions to pummel other people for money. There's always a solution.

Going about things with a chip on your shoulder, and go on about vengeance on the arsehole isn't going to help either. It certainly won't solve anything other than to distract you. You just gotta let some things go. Put a bottle into the back of someone's head? Sure feels good for the moment. But what if the guy presses charges? Are you prepared to deal with that? The money it will cost you, the jobs it will cost you. Even being a rent-a-cop. I think you were working a security joint last we talked. I used to do the same stuff. They wouldn't take people who had any violent offenses on their record. Not saying 'violence is bad'. Sure, sometimes people just need an asskicking, because some people just learn better that way. Though just because that's how 'you' learned, I'm sure you didn't like it. Why continue it? It isn't doing anything than spreading the bullshit you're jaded about in the first place. You'll just be another worthless asshole at the pub complaining about what 'was', what you 'had', what everyone else 'has'. We all know the guy. We all want to throw a tumbler into the back of his skull.

You're a fun guy, Keith. Don't turn in to everyone else. You're good at creating. Use that.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:26 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down