FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Threads of Hope and Despair

2 posters

Go down

Threads of Hope and Despair Empty Threads of Hope and Despair

Post by Ruu Fri May 20, 2011 11:03 pm

A young child imbued with incredible psychic powers holds in his possession an Ancient Artifact that holds the power to renew the world...or destroy it. He is the result of experiments, though he was raised by a church who hid that fact from him. The city he lived in became deserted as more of the strange experiments began to get loose. The last of these experiments, another human like the child, though slightly older, commands great psychic powers as well, of a more deadly and destructive nature. This human being wishes to find the child and the Artifact to take it from him. Now, in the deserted city, the young child seeks to escape the other experiment while trying to remember his past, seeking the Temple where he may use the Artifact to renew the world....and to hopefully find a protector, someone to help him through this crisis...

This plot is pretty-much open ended and the details can be worked out as we roleplay. I would like to roleplay as the child while I'm looking for someone to roleplay as the other human experimented on, the protector, or both. This would be an RP to detail the journey of the child and the protector, and the efforts of the other human to thwart them, or perhaps aid them as the city becomes infested with more and more monsters.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Threads of Hope and Despair Empty Re: Threads of Hope and Despair

Post by DarkGoddess Sat May 21, 2011 8:56 pm

I am definitely interested in this roleplay. I could play either protector or villain, it's up to you. Just so you know, my villains tend to be the kind that either want revenge, or want to 'help the world' but not in the way most people see it. So if you want some other type of villain, I don't think that it should be me playing him/her.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat May 21, 2011 10:11 pm

~Awesome! Thanks very much for being willing to RP with me! The villain would be interested in using the Artifact to reshape the world in their own image, but that's really the only thing set in stone. You can feel free to develop the villain however you'd like. You can also play the protector and the villain can be more of an NPC. Whatever you'd like to do.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat May 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Either one works for me. I just know I have an idea in my head, not a new character, per se, but a character from an RP I was in way back when. Of course, I'll need to do some reinventing for this one. I can try my hand at creating a villain but I make no guarantees.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat May 21, 2011 11:01 pm

~If you'd like to tweak the character for the villain that's totally fine. We don't need to write too much of a backstory. We can develop our characters as we RP if you'd like.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat May 21, 2011 11:19 pm

No, it's your idea, so that's fine. Maybe we should make the villain an NPC, because then we aren't limited to one person or the other having to be there during confrontations, dialogue, etc.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat May 21, 2011 11:22 pm

~Alright, that sounds good to me. So we could have the child and the Protector going on this journey and perhaps we could make it so they were facing the creatures/monsters and barriers and traps the villain has set, but the villain doesn't show himself/herself often. Does that work? I'm really open to anything.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat May 21, 2011 11:29 pm

Haha, I'm open to anything as well. That works for me. If the villain takes on a bigger role later on, when he/she is a little more developed, I can take them over if need be. I just don't have a character in mind right now for the villain.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat May 21, 2011 11:38 pm

~Okies, that will definitely work. Would you like to create a discussion thread, or would you just like to start?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat May 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Hahaha, it doesn't matter to me. If you want to start, I can fit my character in somehow. I'm used to doing so Smile
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sat May 21, 2011 11:50 pm

~Alrighties, as long as you're sure it's okay I'll make a post. I think it's fun just to start writing and see where it takes us rather than typing up character profiles and such. If you still want to do that, though, we can always create a discussion thread anyway.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sun May 22, 2011 12:09 am

Sounds good to me.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sun May 22, 2011 12:47 am

~Okies, it's up now! Fee free to jump in wherever and if you have any questions, just ask.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sun May 22, 2011 12:54 am

Awesome! So I'm speculating here: This is taking place in a world like ours in the not-too-distant future.

I will post tomorrow...I am sorry but I work tomorrow so a full night's rest is required, haha.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sun May 22, 2011 1:19 am

~Yep, that's exactly right! And no problem! I look forward to your post tomorrow!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Mon May 23, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm going to put up an OoC thread on the other board, just so we can ask questions to each other when need be.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down