FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blood of the gods, Our Blessing, Our Curse: Rogue.Ember.Shadow/Ruu

2 posters

Go down

The Blood of the gods, Our Blessing, Our Curse: Rogue.Ember.Shadow/Ruu Empty The Blood of the gods, Our Blessing, Our Curse: Rogue.Ember.Shadow/Ruu

Post by Ruu Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:09 pm

~Alright, here be the discussion topic! Thanks again for RPing with me!

I know I don't even have a name yet for the twins, but I wanted you to be able to choose yours. I have a few names I can think of for mine but haven't decided yet. Did we want to create official profiles or just write short summaries of our character's personalities, and maybe a picture?

Also, I'd be open to any ideas about how the army opposing the Empire might come into play later, and if we should keep the Emperor in the plot or if he should just be in the background, a shadow of his former self after his wife's death. Morpheus will be a big character too, but we can just use him as an shared character when needed.

~Any other questions or ideas you have are most welcome!

Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

The Blood of the gods, Our Blessing, Our Curse: Rogue.Ember.Shadow/Ruu Empty Re: The Blood of the gods, Our Blessing, Our Curse: Rogue.Ember.Shadow/Ruu

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Alright, I'm thinking full summarized profiles for the twins but a full profile for the Emperor so we are on the same page to share him. PIctures along with written descriptions of their appearances help either way. For the pictures if we do use them, do you prefer realistic or anime like?

Also, are the twins both the same gender or different gender? Do they look exactly the same or different?

I say we keep the Emperor and he should be a shadow of his former self because it would be easier for him to fall into a dark state of mine that would be difficult for the twins to deal with, and each other. Think about it, their last real link to each other turns on one of them or makes them question the other?

Thick, awesome drama!

And the army are still taking orders from the emperor yet. Oooh ooh! Also, I'm sure since the twins are of age, the crown has to be inherited right? What it one sibling was favored over the other because of blood or some past mistake? Say the younger sibling was liked over the older sibling. It would give me more reason to make the character more stressed and question himself because of his dark blood.

They are just ideas, hahaha! What do you think?

=D
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://daughter-of-chaos.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Blood of the gods, Our Blessing, Our Curse: Rogue.Ember.Shadow/Ruu Empty Re: The Blood of the gods, Our Blessing, Our Curse: Rogue.Ember.Shadow/Ruu

Post by Ruu Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:26 pm

~Sounds good for the profiles part! It would be good to have a full profile for the Emperor, and probably Morpheus as well. As for pictures, it's easier for me to find anime pictures, but if you prefer realistic pictures I don't mind.

The twins are the same gender, if that's alright. They actually probably would look different, since they did inherit different "blood" (though in this sense, blood is more a power than actual genetics), but they could look the same or similar.

And yea, I agree we should keep the Emperor! It would definitely build intrigue and suspense!

The Imperial army is still taking orders from the Emperor (and heavily influenced by Morpheus), but I was thinking the army going against the Emperor would be some kind of Liberation Army or Rebellion. What do you think?

And I like the idea of the succession! Perhaps the Emperor could favor the younger sibling because of a promise he made to his wife or something. But then Morpheus would definitely favor the older sibling and there'd be conflict there.

Oh, and I was thinking the powers of the gods would be that the siblings would awaken powers not only over the elements of light and darkness. But darkness could be related to controlling the mind and inspiring certain emotions or fears in others while light could have a soothing or calming effect and be used for healing. But again, these are just ideas as well.

I like where this is going! : )
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:41 pm

I like these ideas too!

The strengths of both elements vary but usually are different. I shall let you iron those out how you see fit. Let us not forget people wanting to use the siblings for their own gain.

Their country could be on the verge of collapse with a rebellion from unsatisfied troops and people from a disturbed Emperor, which will make their people demand a new ruler (or certain ruler?) And rival or enemy countries could threaten or try to use one of the twins against their own sibling, emperor or use their powers against their own enemy countries. It could be one big power conflict!

And have you decided on what gender these two should be? I get the feeling it should be boys.

There could also be assassination attempts within palace walls of desperate people wanting to kill the twins in a moment of madness or revenge of their lives being so miserable.

This whole anarchy could be part of Morephus' plan all along, and the older twin could just be a bonus. Or he orchestrated their parents in getting together in wait for their offspring, but was surprised with twins and now has to pick both, kill one or something.

Also, after so many posts to write out whatever drama, shall the twins try to escape or what little friends they have left who actually believe in them sneak them out of the country to protect them? Something like that.

I keep thinking of all the medieval movies I've seen and how it would go about.
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:56 pm

~Alright, I'll probably have a post about the powers of Light and Darkness up tomorrow. And yes, there'd be people or countries seeking to use the twins for their own gain, and this would definitely be part of the conflict. I like the idea of making it multiple conflicts. Perhaps the Empire is the land in the center of this world, but there are other lesser nations with the blood of the gods in their veins, such as the Fire god, the Earth god, Wind god, Water god, ect.

I was thinking that they would be boys as well.

And I could see assassination as part of the plan, perhaps by fanatics of both sides, like extreme people who worship the dark god would want to kill the younger sibling while those who worship the goddess of light would want to get rid of the older sibling.

And yea, Morpheus could have set up the anarchy thing to plunge the world into darkness to hasten the revival of the dark god. Perhaps he had the Emperor and Empress get together because he thought their offspring would have a higher concentration of the dark blood. Only, he didn't know the Empress had light blood within her and when twins with born, it was too late. But then I was thinking Morpheus' main plan would be for him to so twist the older sibling that he would get rid of the younger one or at least keep him locked up, because the more feelings of despair in the world, the greater chance for Seymour's revival. And if the younger brother were to be destroyed by his older, perhaps this would be some kind of ritual that would completely wipe out Alara's influence on the earth.

And I'm thinking that could happen as well, them sneaking out with their friends. And it could end in quite a few ways. The younger sibling could help to balance the darkness in the older brother's heart, much like their mother did for their father. Or they could escape with their friends and live in seclusion. Or the liberation army could actually defeat the Emperor, though that might end badly for the children. Or the elder sibling could give in to darkness and then the dark god would be revived in his body.

So I do need to get to bed now, but hopefully by tomorrow I can start on my profile and we can collaborate for the Emperor and Morpheus' profiles and iron out more of the details!

Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:05 pm

So we shall have to iron out the Light and Dark elements which helps with the Twin personalities and then develop it from there? The twins are the center of everything it would seem.
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:57 pm

~Yep, we can iron them out. Here's what I have thought out for the Light and Dark powers, but feel free to add, delete, whatever you'd like. I was thinking that the twins wouldn't have all these powers of yet, perhaps just the first two sentences of each, but that they'd gradually grow.

Light: Light powers can, of course, serve the basic function of manipulating the element of light: Light to blind enemies, light to illuminate dark passageways, light to form into spheres, and light to focus in lasers of energy.

Light can heal wounds, soothe troubled souls, and calm turbulent emotions. It can also create and maintain fantastic illusions.

Light can also form protective barriers that can block more primitive weapons such as arrows, though continual force can break through them, and they are weak to deep darkness.

Finally, Light can reveal the truth, it can inspire hope in others, and it can be used to communicate long distances via optical communication.

Dark: Darkness can serve the basic function of manipulating darkness: Darkness to cloak oneself in, darkness to swallow others, darkness to keep things hidden, darkness to form into spheres, and darkness that can be formed into a type of energy.

Darkness can cause wounds, inflict emotional trauma, cause troubled emotions in others, incite them to courage, bravery, even anger. But it can also cause a calm, cool, collectedness in the emotions of others as well.

Darkness can cause a wide variety of effects such as poison, paralysis, curses, hexes, burns, and freezing. Darkness can also commune with spirits and souls of the dead, for good or for ill effects. Telekenesis and telepathy are also included in this range of powers.

Darkness, at its most extreme form, can manipulate the very fabric of time and space itself, but using these powers cause great emotional and physical toll on the user. It can also be used to drain the life force of others and to banish them to a dimension known as the Void.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Alright so let me sum this up.

The powers of Light can manipulate light, heal, influence emotions (calm people or reveal the truth), create illusions, use telepathy and create tangible barriers. Its weakness is a very strong darkness (or how much strength the twin has while maintaining the use of light).

As for Darkness, it can manipulate its element, cause physical and mental damage, influence/control the Dead and Tele powers. When concentrated enough, it can control time and space. It can also convert life force into dark energy to be used for Darkness.

I get how Light is weak against Dark, but there has to be some other factors such as mental concentration and strength along with physical endurance. Same with Darkness. You obviously covered that somewhat. Due to these powers, the Twins most likely having to get used to using them will take a physical or mental toll when using them without more practice.

Not to mention, one twin should probably be more talented at using his element than then other.

Will both twins have similar tastes in things? And will they be raised spoiled by the servants due to neglect from the father or trained in combat and court? Or maybe we can make those up as we go along...

All this detail is very nice! Makes it more complex too!
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:16 pm

~Yep, those are great summaries! But they don't have to be the end-all be-all decision. Please, if you feel anything needs to be changed or added for either element, feel free to change/add. It's your RP too!

And yea, mental concentration and physical strength both play a part in using powers. I would think most of the Light powers would take mental concentration, though the tangible barriers would be based more on physical strength or endurance. Dark would be the opposite, with controlling the dead, darkness manipulation, physical damage, and time/space distortion would cause a physical toll. Telekenesis and mental damage would take more of an effort. And yes, the less they've used each specific type of powers, the more physical/mental effort it would take. The more practice they have, the less effort it takes.

I would think the elder twin would have more training in darkness, especially with the Dark Druid and his Father present to teach and guide him. The younger twin doesn't have his mother to rely on for training in his powers, and unless there were a High Priest/Priestess of the goddess Alara, he wouldn't have much guidance. But that's just an idea.

I would think they would have a diverse range of tastes. But certainly there would be some things they would both enjoy. I would think they would be raised trained in combat and court, because their Father would have been at least strict with that sort of thing. But they might be somewhat spoiled from doting servants. But yea, I think it would be good to make them up as we go along.

~I like the detail too! It's awesome to talk it out before actually starting.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:42 am

The twins should not know how to control most of their powers when we start.

All though these guys are mortal, I think when they try to heal with light or harm with darkness, that it should cost them. Like instead of completely healing someone with light, they can take the wounds onto themselves or they shrink into the form of a child, or black out. Same with Darkness only become more sensitive to sunlight.

And also, I'm thinking we should leave the Telekenisis/telepathy completely out. Those powers should be reserved for the Gods their blood came from.

I agree with the elder twin have more experience with Darkness, but while he practices to appease his teachers, he secretly aids his younger brother in practicing his element against his. This way, his brother knows his limits and strength should they ever have to seriously fight each other.

So...I can't think of anything else. My brain is burnt all out of ideas. I think we can do okay with making the rest up as we go along, as long as our posts don't contradict each other too much to confuse each other, ha ha!
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:19 pm

I agree, they should just be beginning to develop their powers.

Ah, I like that! Maybe after healing, especially major wounds, Light would shrink back to a child and become weak and defenseless. Dark would probably become dizzy or black out depending on the effort, and weak to sunlight as you said.

Sure, telekenesis/telepathy can be completely out.

I like that idea as well. The older brother would probably help the younger one, at least initially.

~I think that everything sounds great too! We just need to get the profile of the Emperor and the Druid in and then short profiles for the twins and we'll be good to go.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Definitely! So, profile skeletons?
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:47 pm

~Yep! Here are the Emperor, the High Druid, and the younger twin. Feel free to suggest any changes, additions, deletions, ect.

Name: Emperor Azgard
Personality: The Emperor Azgard was once a great Emperor. With his beloved wife, Ilyena, at his side, he was strong and firm, yet also just and kind. With the death of his dear wife, he has plunged himself into the depths of despair. He is rarely seen in public any longer, and defers most of his duties to his most trusted advisor, the High Druid Morpheus. He is a man prone to outbursts of anger and then he quickly becomes sullen and tired. Yet he also still has a gentleness within him that is sometimes seen. He has chosen the younger of the twins, Cadyn, to be his successor, much to the chagrin of the High Druid, who favors the elder twin. But Cadyn reminds Azgard so much of his dear wife, that he feels the younger child would be best suited for the throne with his older brother to guide him. He loves both his sons, but he can also be harsh and strict with them. Even though he neglects his duties as Emperor, he does not neglect his duties as father. He tries to be a good father, but his frequent mood swings can cause his sons to be confused or even frightened of him. He doesn't even know of the murmurings of the army that he is unfit to rule...
Blood: Darkness
Appearance: I will never be whole again...

Name: High Druid Morpheus
Personality: Not much is known about Morpheus' past. He is an enigmatic figure with a hidden agenda. Though he claims to be one with nature and often soothes the King's melancholy with natural remedies, there is something not quite right about him...He worships the god of darkness, Seymour, to the point of delusion. He has great powers over shadows and the dark, even though the blood of the gods does not run in his veins. He is currently training the elder twin in the use of his powers. He shuns the younger twin, however, and secretly sows words of discord in the ears of the older brother. He has also tried to turn the Emperor against his younger son, though the Emperor will not hear of it. His ultimate goal is to actually resurrect the dark god Seymour through a vessel, the elder son of the Emperor. The way to do this is to create a despair so great, that Seymour will be able to rip the fabric of space and time and manifest himself in the human world. The only way to do that would be for one with the blood of Alara in his or her veins to be sacrificed, which is why Morpheus strives to turn brother against brother. But not many know of his true agenda, for he is a man of honeyed words and can make appearances deceiving...
Blood: None
Appearance: The world will soon be mine!

Name: Cadyn
Personality: Cadyn is the younger of the twin sons of the Emperor, though only by minutes. He's a soft-spoken child, who really does not desire the spotlight even if his father wishes him to rule. He really thinks his brother would be a better ruler. He depends on his brother for many things; for strength, for comfort...He's a sensitive child, always worried about the feelings of others, yet also easily hurt himself. He is very weak physically, and often prone to sickness and tires easily. He doesn't understand why his father continues to push him in lessons of politics, courtly manners, archery, swordfighting, and the like...He's also somewhat wary of the powers developing within him. He only has his brother to help guide him, as his brother is experiencing the same thing. But their powers are so different and soon it may not be possible for them to train together any longer...Cadyn is extremely suspicious and afraid of Morpheus. He knows the man is up to know good, but no one will listen to him. Even his brother continues to train with the High Druid. Cadyn wishes the High Druid would just leave and that his father would name his brother as his heir instead...Then everyone would be happy and everything would return to normal...He's also somewhat frightened of the change the Druid has been causing in his brother and is doing everything in his power to stop it...He just wants to go back to the days where they could be together without worrying about conflict and politics...
Blood: Light
Appearance: I'm so...tired...
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to make sure you weren't waiting on me. Did you want me to make the profile of the other twin too? I can do that if you'd like me to, but I thought you might want to since he'll be your character. Either way is fine, just let me know.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Sorry! I was paying attention to another rp and also debating how to write the profile! Here it is!

Name: Mihael
Personality: Eager, intuitive, and extrovert.
Bio: Being born the eldest, Mihael always felt a sort of pressure in being given so much responsibility. He works hard to be good at what is expected of him, and when he has time helps his brother in his weaknesses. His power of Darkness is both powerful but new to him, and he wants to learn to control it perfectly. At times he will become stressed at things not going his way, like when he tries to get his brother to come out of his shell. As he learns to harness his power from Druid Morpheus, he starts to fear the change in him but more so in the change in other people that he fears might be the end of all of them.
Appearance: Looks just like his brother, only an inch shorter.

Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:44 pm

~No problem at all! I was just afraid I had missed something. The profile looks awesome! So do you think we're ready then? I can make the first post if you'd like.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Please start the first post! =D I'm ready!
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:10 pm

~Alrighties! I'll have it up as soon as possible! I'm excited!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down