FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'ello.

+2
Dio the Awesome
Asdrubael
6 posters

Go down

'ello. Empty 'ello.

Post by Asdrubael Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:09 pm

So I've been lurking for a while, had this site in my bookmarks from a reference that somebody on DeviantArt told me about. Been looking for a roleplaying community to join that's not GaiaOnline (heaven forbid, that place is full of children). I've also recently joined The Roleplayer Guild as well, and I like to spread myself out a bit among roleplaying sites. Different types of people and such.

Anywho, I've been roleplaying now for about 12 years now. I've recently gone and picked a new username that sounds less girlish/childish than tonberri (which is my username for damn near anything). My actual name is Ambrosia, everyone calls me Amber. I'm 22 years old, going to be 23 in September. I'm currently going to school for game art and animation/concept illustration. I mostly roleplay in Fantasy settings, though I've been known to also do Fairytales. I've got an idea that's been cooking in my head for a game, comic or book for a long time now, and I've been trying to roleplay it out to try and develop the world a bit more. It's a fairly unique idea and I've gotten some pretty fantastic reviews on the world design thus far.

I'm also willing to do art commissions for the people here. I'm a freelance artist, and I'm not half-bad at drawing. So I'll offer my skills to people here for character/scenic arts and things.

All in all, that's about who I am. Hello FoG!

Asdrubael
Mist
Mist

Female

http://eidolonsaria.zxq.net

Back to top Go down

'ello. Empty Re: 'ello.

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:16 pm

*A hunchback appears at the door.*

"Eheheheheheeeeeeee! It appears I am the first to-- welcome you. Hehe. It's just as well, my master lies waiting in the-- basement. Please come in."

*The hunchback leads Asdrubael into the basement. Diodri stands over a table wearing a white lab coat.*

"Master, I bring-"

"Silence!" Dio roars, "Gilgamesh! What have I told you about bringing people to the lab? That SilvanArrow is always poking around in my business."

"But master, this person is-- new."

Dio whirls around, "Oooooh. In that case." Dio stalks up to Asdru and examines her. "A nice specimen, right height and build, and such lovely hair. Gil, strap her down."

Gilgamesh straps down Asdru to the table, Dio stands over her. "I'll just hook these nodes up to your cerebral cortex, and the experiment shall begin. Don't worry dear, you're in good hands and oh...." Dio places his hand on the lever, "Welcome to the boards! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdrubael Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:18 pm

LOL. Thanks for the welcome, albeit a tad creepy. It's very much appreciated.

Asdrubael
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:46 pm

*starts creeping in Dio's basement, as she is wont to do*

DIO! WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT PERFORMING CRAZY LAB EXPERIMENTS ON THE NEW PEOPLE?!

*whistles loudly, and masked ninjas wearing all-black pour in through the windows and set off a smoke bomb*

Ninja Fight Ninja Fight Ninja Fight Ninja Fight Ninja Fight

*smoke clears, and SilvanArrow, the ninjas, and Asdru are gone*

Ninja Disappear Ninja Disappear Ninja Disappear Ninja Disappear Ninja Disappear

*somewhere far away*

Whew, that was a close one! Sorry about Dio's craziness. He goes through mad scientist phases about once every 3-4 months. Don't worry, it's perfectly normal behavior.

Now then...have I mentioned I like to nibble people's souls? Twisted Evil

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Insert standard helpful greeting to check out the Rules, FAQs, and to ask if you have any questions. Someone slightly less insane will be happy to answer. And, of course, check out the role-playing sections, since we're a role-playing forum and whatnot...)
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:03 pm

"Damn damn damn!" Dio stamps around his lab. "Gilgamesh! Ready the giant insecto-robot-alienoids! The next time Silvan Arrow steps into a welcome thread. There will be war."

Dio pulls another lever and the basement complex rockets out of the ground and takes flight, slowly vanishing over the horizon.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 am

Silvan...I do believe your soul claim is...a tad over zealous.

*tosses aside last of the ninja squad*

But where oh where are my manners? I'm Plaguewalker, OOC Mod with my partner in justice, Loki. He's tricky, trust nothing he says. As for the soul nibbling...

*shoots Silvan a look*

None of that. You should know that they take a month or two to properly soak in the atmosphere and give them a richer flavour! It's BASIC soul consumption facts! If you weren't busy with grad school, I'd have half a mind to send you back to soul consumption 101, Silvan!

Now then...where is Dio? He hasn't paid his electric bill this month...

*Squints at the horizon* OH NO YOU DON'T YOU WEASELY MAD SCIENTIST. IT'S COLLECTION TIME!

PLAGUE ON!

*soars off at the horizon*

Welcome aboard, Asdru! They're not always this crazy...cept Dio. He's just different shades every three minutes...
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdrubael Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:42 am

Definitely an interesting environment, I'll give it that. I like it! Thanks!

Asdrubael
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:26 pm

How about a normal, non-weirdo "Hi and Welcome!"

Not that I'm capable of normal and non-weirdo....but there it is. Shifty Eyes
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Asdrubael! cheers
As a fellow artiste, can I just say it's a pleasure to have you with us? Very Happy
As a fellow world-builder, can I just say, IT'S A PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU WITH US!
Really, we must get together sometime. Very Happy I'm a map-crazed, world-building artist/aspiring writer myself. ^_^

For eliterate role-playing, though, you've certainly come to the right place. Gaia's not all bad, I'll have you know, but granted the literate bits are few and far between. You should join the Literate Roleplaying Guild; I'm in that. BUT, also, FOG outshines any role-playing site I've come across. As soon as I got here, I thought, I'm home. Ah, the memories.

So yes! Enjoy your exploration of the site. If you have any questions at all, here in your intro thread is a great place to ask, while we're all getting to know you anyway. I'm looking forward to role-playing with you sometime!

Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdrubael Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Thank you very much!

Asdrubael