FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed)

+2
Digital Muse
Lyonesse
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed) Empty Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed)

Post by Lyonesse Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Once upon many times over, everyone knew that magic and monsters existed. They knew that sometimes, the dead just don’t stay dead. However, as human societies grew and spread they pulled further and further away from their knowledge of the supernatural, until these creatures of legend, the undead, the vampires, became little more than myths and creatures of fiction to humankind, and for the most part, that suited the vampires just fine. They were always there though, lurking in the shadows at the edges of history.

Eventually though, that same progress that drove humanity away from its belief in vampires made it more and more difficult for vampires to hide among humans. As the twentieth century wore on, it finally became impossible and humanity rediscovered its dark cousins. The rediscovery of vampires coincided with the humans’ World War II and sparked a dark science in the labs and concentration camps of Nazi Germany as humans tried to harness the powers of vampires for themselves. After the war, the labs were razed to the ground by Allied Forces, but not before every bit of research, the subjects, and the scientists were secreted away to England and the United States.

However, the war served as the catalyst to truly expose vampires to the world again. These days, everyone knows that vampires exist, and although they’re a minority that’s still discriminated against openly, they are finally beginning to fight for their rights, and they’re even winning a few of the battles. Humanity is very divided on the subject of vampires, some are all for welcoming them as full citizens and equal partners in society, but others view them as a threat either for religious, moral or more practical reasons, and of course many fall in between these two poles.

For their part, vampires are very similarly divided. Many wish to fully integrate with humans, while others still prefer to live in the shadows. Some even dream of dominating and crushing humanity beneath them.

There are other forces rumored to be at work though, and rumors run rampant among vampire communities that the experiments began during the war continue to this day in many countries across the world, including the United States.

Setting

Spoiler:

Vampire Q&A
Spoiler:

Name:
Species (human or vampire):
Sex:
Actual Age:
Physical Age (vampires only):
Profession/Role:
Appearance (photos or descriptions only, no cartoons):
Personality:
Biography (must include why your character is in Mayport):
Other (anything else you deem relevant):

RP Notes
Spoiler:

Accepted Characters
Vampires
Easton Frost (Digital Muse)
Spoiler:
Eli Callaghan (Lyonesse)
Spoiler:
Hector Antonio Rodriguez (Squall Reyes)
Spoiler:
Lexi Palmer (Crazy Hobo)
Spoiler:
Lynn Menard (Plaguewalker)
Spoiler:

Humans
James Tyler (Crazy Hobo)
Spoiler:
Nick Callaghan (Lyonesse)
Spoiler:
Jessa Cartwright (wakeangel)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lyonesse on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:32 am; edited 6 times in total
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed) Empty Re: Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed)

Post by Lyonesse Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:55 pm

Here are my characters.

Name: Eli Callaghan
Species: Vampire
Sex: Male
Actual Age: 31
Physical Age: 29
Profession/Role: Documentary filmmaker and photographer
Appearance: Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed) Sm810a0064b-1583de70-t3
Eli is usually very casual about his appearance, dressing for comfort and practicality above all else, usually in a mixture of jeans, t-shirts and a jacket. His hair is a dark blonde and is usually kept fairly short but rather unkempt, especially due to his habit of running his hands through it when stressed. Before he was turned, Eli kept in shape by running and a vegan diet, which gave him a lean but never particularly muscular build. He's almost never without some sort of camera and equipment, usually carrying a specially padded backpack with him wherever he goes.

Personality: Growing up, Eli was the black sheep in a large All-American family. He was quiet and artistic, observing everything but rarely speaking up or acting out, traits which often made him the target of bullying, sometimes even within his own family. In truth, Eli didn’t blossom until he left for college and discovered a passion for filmmaking and photography. He learned to connect to people better, make friends and unleash a level of curiosity that could easily kill a sabertooth tiger. Eli has always been a very compassionate person, often using his films and photos to try and expose wrongs and open minds and hearts. However, after becoming a vampire and losing his wife in short succession, he’s beginning to withdraw from things again, retreating into himself until his work is all that he has left.

Biography: Eli was born nine minutes after his identical twin, Nicholas, making him the fourth child of a Christian minister and a middle school history teacher in Mayport, Washington. In such a large family, Eli was easily lost in the crowd, his quiet nature allowing him to slip through life without getting as much attention as most of his siblings. If not for Nick, Eli would have been very much a loner, but his twin brother worked hard to drag Eli into his schemes and childhood adventures, for which Eli was always quietly grateful. Still, he never felt like he really fit in with his practical, small-town family and always felt subtly stressed by it, which is why, after high school, Eli decided that the best thing for him to do was to get away from his family and figure out who he was on his own. In college he fell in love with film and photography, deciding to turn his passions into a career as a documentary filmmaker, despite his parents’ objections over the practicality of such things. After college, Eli traveled a lot, only returning home for a few holidays and major family events due to his parents’ continued disapproval of his life and career choices, although he always kept in close contact with Nick through letters, emails and phone calls. He worked on several different film projects, both alone and with others, and was beginning to build a solid reputation for himself within certain film circles. Then he undertook his greatest project, a documentary on vampires that pulled him straight into the underground culture, which he found utterly fascinating. It was also where he met Lucy, a vampire rights activist and a vampire herself. The two quickly fell in love and got married, and after almost three years together, Lucy turned Eli. He actively kept his family out of the loop until after the transformation was complete. When his parents learned what he’d done, they disowned Eli, as did most of his friends and extended family. It also caused a rift between him and Nick. Despite all of that, Eli and Lucy were quite happy and Eli’s film projects began getting more attention and even a few awards. Then the rising tension between humans and vampires claimed Lucy’s life during a vampire rights rally in Chicago. Devistated, Eli has since thrown himself into his work, including his latest project, which has pulled him back to his hometown of Mayport.

Other (anything else you deem relevant): Eli was a strict vegan before becoming a vampire, so he tries very hard to continue that and drinks synthetic plasma.

Name: Nicholas Callaghan
Species: Human
Actual Age: 31
Profession/Role: Detective with the Mayport Police Department
Appearance: Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed) Justin+Hartley+(Fox+-+Passions)
Seeing as Nick and Eli are identical twins, their appearances are uncannily similar, despite the differences that their divergent lives have wrought. Generally though, Nick is better built than his brother due to years of intense physical training in the military and the physical requirements of being a police officer. He also tends to keep his hair shorter, which can give it the appearance of being a bit darker than Eli's. He can also be distinguished from his brother by the tattoo of a crane on his right shoulder and a small scar right above his left ear extending into his hairline. Nick's dress is usually defined by his work, making most of his closet full of suits, even on his days off he tends to dress above the jeans and t-shirt level.

Personality: Nick has always been very extroverted, friendly and popular, although it has always been mitigated by a fiery temper and a rebellious steak that often got him into trouble. Up into his late teens, Nick was only really interested in having a good time. He was a flirt and a bit of a player, going through a lot of girlfriends. He never cared much for his family’s strong religious ties, believing most of it was antiquated superstition. However, after having a ringside seat to the tragedies that destroyed the life of a close friend, Nick has matured a lot, putting his wilder impulses on the back burner in search of loftier ideals like justice and protecting those who need it. Despite the changes he has consciously made and the discipline he learned during his years in the military and with the Mayport PD, Nick still has some issues with anger, which lead him to get too emotionally attached to some of his cases.

Biography: Born just a few minutes before Eli, Nick’s childhood was the same, yet strikingly different from his twin’s. Outgoing and rebellious, Nick stood out amongst his siblings simply by causing more trouble than all the others combined. He often wrapped Eli up in his mischief, but it was always easy to see that Nick was the mastermind behind any trouble the two caused. Nick was always intelligent, but he never really applied himself academically, preferring to goof off, party and chase girls. As a result, he wound up with few options when it came to colleges, eventually opting for a local state university, where he continued to focus more on partying and chasing girls. Then his life changed when Jessica—an ex-girlfriend who had become a very close platonic friend—was drugged and raped at a party Nick was also attending. He blamed himself for being so drunk he didn’t look out for her, and he actively helped Jessica seek justice for the crime. However, after a brutal trial that ultimately let the perpetrator off with little more than a slap on the wrist, Jessica killed herself, further compounding Nick’s guilt and anger. Disillusioned with his former lifestyle and at a loss for what else to do, Nick dropped out of college and joined the army, where he completed two tours of duty before being honorably discharged. Returning to Mayport, Nick finally found his calling as a police officer. He threw himself into his work and finished his college degree at the same time. He keeps close ties with most of his family, but was always closest to Eli, up until his brother chose to become a vampire without even telling him. This caused a rift between the two for the first time in their lives and Nick hasn’t spoken to his brother since, although he was not as critical of Eli’s choices as the rest of their family. His brother’s transformation did inspire Nick to learn as much as possible about vampires, which helped get him a promotion to detective a year ago.

Other:
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed) Empty Re: Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed)

Post by Digital Muse Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:31 am

Name: Easton Frost (she never gives her real name; Martine D'Armitage)

Actual Age: 223 years old

Physical Age: 32

Physical Description:
Spoiler:

Profession/Role: Club-owner, information broker

Personality: Martine (called Easton in America) feels rather superior to regular humans. She feels chosen to be stronger, faster, more perceptive than they are. She’s grown strong in local Vampire politics, but has no desire to run the city as others do. She will, however, voice her opinion quite quickly if she feels the younger Vampires have overstepped their bounds. Their relationship is complex; there is a mutual respect because of her age and contacts. But most feel a certain rivalry and even a slight distrust in the political maneuverings within the human hierarchy. While a few in the know understand that there are such things as Vampires, Easton has been very careful not to reveal her own Vampiric nature.

Easton has become a broker in information. She has contacts all over the city in the Vampire World, the Human world and always keeps tabs on the Lycans. They have been the enemy since the dawn of time. She knows far more than she should and has her fingers on the pulse of the dark underside of the city. She feels it coming. Trouble.

Bio:
I was born Martine Adrianna de la Castille, in what is now called Leon, France in 1788. My family owned huge tracts of land and had been among the elite nobility for hundreds of years before that time. Being so far from Paris, we lost only a few cousins to the guillotine of the Revolution.

A slender hand opens a large hand bound book. It appears to be a journal or diary of remarkable age. The woman flips through the pages seemingly at random, pausing to read now and then.

July 1815. Word reaches us at Paris that the little Emperor has been defeated at Waterloo. It is a crippling blow. Our enemy, England will surely worry at our borders like a dog after a bone.

Easton tucks a dark tendril of hair behind her ear and turns several more heavily penned sheets of parchment. Another few pages on and she reads again.

I had been turned by a beast in my 32nd year. She was unthinking, a killer. She took everything from me. My family. My children. She died horribly. I was forced away from my home because of the change. So I would not bring harm to those most dear to me. I travelled by night, killed sheep…god the taste…it made me vomit. But it gave me a small bit of sustenance. I kept moving always east it seemed, into the sun Why? I’ll never know…but finally I came to Alexandria. It was magical, learned, cosmopolitan…how I remember.

A half dozen pages more and old, yellowed photographs begin to grace the pages of the journal. Easton picks up one or two, peering at it with distant eyes before returning it to its place and reading on.

December 1899. I am hidden in a berth below decks on a steamer that stinks of fish and human waste. I will go to America. There is nothing left for me here. My entire family is gone. Once more. Why do I allow myself to think I might know love again? Why? The Humans attacked us in our home on the east bank of the Seine. They rarely knew we came into the city. Why had they sought us out? Had Emile hunted too far into their territory? He was always the arrogant one. Was it a punishment? How I hate them. God curse them all

August 1945. We heard today that a bomb of incomparable power was dropped on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Newsreels only showed the devastation from the cloud tops. But those of us watching were stunned. How many had died? What had the Humans created? For the first time, I felt fear of the Humans.

Easton looked out through the two-way glass to the dark dance club, named The After Life that thumped rythmnically beyond her office.

Too many memories to count. So many forgotten. Loves lost, battles won, happiness gained and lost. And yet, I endure. As I always have and always will. I have lived in almost every city of any size in America from New York to Chicago to Los Angeles and now here. I even took my name from a sign on the highway announcing an exit to the towns of Easton and Frost, Minnesota. Not terribly original, perhaps. But nothing is original when you’re my age.

I have a few clubs, a restaurant or two and I feed when I want on patrons who dabble in BDSM.

Easton looks out over the floor of the packed club on Lake Street. Humans were so easily manipulated.

They believed what they wanted to believe and lived for the fantasy. It worked so very nicely for her. If they only knew.

She thought and sipped at her glass of ‘wine’.

Last edited by Digital Muse on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed) Cyber_3_by_TwiggXstock
Name: Jessica 'Jessa' Cartwright
Sex: Female
Actual Age: 25
Physical Age: n/a
Profession/Role: DJ at The After Life
Personality: Jessa is tough, saucy and doesn't take crap from anybody, vamp or human. She understands that everyone, human or vampire, has a dark side; it's how they handle it that's important. So, she treats both races with the same sassy brand of common sense and open-mindedness. The danger of rubbing shoulders with vamps and the dark tunnels and adrenaline-laced dangers of Shanghai appeal to her in ways she can't explain, but she's no groupie and doesn't allow herself to be fed on.

Biography: Born and raised in Mayport, Jessa has lived most her life with barred and chained basements, blood trade and stores with underground entrances and UV treated glass. To others it may seem weird, but to her its just the way things are.

As the only child of a single parent, she learned independence early on. Her father worked hard to support them as captain of a small fishing boat that made day runs along the coastline. Always the first one on the docks and the last to leave, his long hours left her to handle most of the details of her day-to-day existence. Not wanting to burden his short hours of relaxation, she handled most of her own personal problems as well, from bullies to puberty to relationships.

Towards the end of junior high, her father was promoted to captain of a much larger vessel, one that often spent weeks at sea. Despite putting on a brave face for her father, the long nights alone in their silent house often frightened her, so she took to playing music to keep her company. It soon became like an old friend and then a passion. Most of the allowance she gave herself from the money her father sent for expenses went towards some musical purchase or another.

The first dance she went to in high school was hosted by a professional DJ. It was love at first sight- with the tables, not the man. Her date for the evening went largely ignored as she pestered the DJ with scads of questions about spinning tables. The idea of making music do anything you wanted it to completely enchanted her. In a mad splurge of her and her father's emergency cash (that she slowly paid back from her allowance), she went out and bought a deck of her own the next day. By the next year, she began DJ-ing school functions and friend's parties. By the end of high school, she had branched out through networking and also did some weddings, and other functions.

After high school, she took classes in media arts at the community college and continued to Dj in her spare time. Some friends on the wild side introduced her to the thrills and dangers of Shanghai. After meeting her first vampire, she found herself almost as quickly fascinated with the place as she had been with music. She didn't visit very often at first, and only in the protection of others, but grew bolder as time passed and she made friends down there, too. When she saw the want ad for a DJ at The After Life club in one of the better developed parts of Shanghai, she pounced at it.

Other: Jessa's basement has access to Shanghai, but it is usually kept locked. Most of the time, she prefers to use the more frequented (and safer) public accesses to the underground.

Last edited by wakeangel on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Jessa looks really good, WakeAngel. Can you please add whether she has any friends that are Vampires or if she sticks to Human friends only. Other than that, she's good to go. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:06 pm

Edited, mostly in the personality section. Yes, she has vamp friends. ^_^
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Name: Lexi Palmer

Actual Age: 103

Physical Age: 21

Profession/Role: Blood Runner (Slang term for someone who sells blood on the black market.)

Appearance:
Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed) Retro_I_by_Donttellme

Personality: Lexi is quite the two faced person. When she is posing as a vampire rights activist she tends to have an aura of charm that surrounds her, and she seems to be an amiable and cheerful person who genuinely wants to compromise with the humans. While she is running her 'business' her personality completely changes from her public facade. She is brutally efficient at her job, constantly organizing new ways to get blood, and usually employing less than morally upstanding methods such as knocking out humans in back allies and draining them of their blood and disposing the bodies before any humans can find the corpse. In short, she is all business, usually not allowing herself much time for pleasure, and not caring how she acquires blood, just that she can sell it without altering the authorities to her 'business ventures'.

Biography: The first part of Lexi's, or Alexandra in that time, was really quite uninteresting. She hardly even remembers it anymore. She was born to a poor family in turn of the century Chicago, and worked in a factory from the first moment that she could. Life was pretty uneventful until the day she was turned. It was a few days after her 21st birthday, and while she was out for a walk a shadow ponced on her before she could react. Lexi felt a bite on her neck and wanted to scream out in agony, but was stifled by fear. When Lexi was sure she was about to die, she felt a curious substance begin to drip into her mouth. In her current state, she was unable to tell what it was, only that it tasted of metal. Soon after, darkness took her.

She woke several days later to the sight of a young looking man watching her from an armchair. Before Lexi could flee, the man told her everything that had happened as well as his name. Robert. It was quite a bit for the young woman to process, but she managed to take it all in. This man, this Robert, had turned her into a creature from myth. All she wanted to do was run, but she felt some strange attachment to Robert, and somehow during the course of that first day she decided to travel with him. Over the years they spent together roaming the US, she became a sort of paramour to Robert.

Although, some fifty years ago, the pair naturally began to grow distant, and went their separate ways. Lexi continued to wander quite a bit picking up jobs as they came, but eventually settling into a 'career' in the oldest profession until she eventually landed in Mayport in the mid 1980's. From there she simply decided that she could make some semblance of a home in Mayport, and quickly assimilated herself into the local vampire population. The only problem was that she had no real skills that were relevant other than the whoring, which she prefered to stop once she had a permanent residence, so she began to bounce around from job to job in the growing underworld of Mayport. A few years after she arrived, she discovered the profitability of becoming a Blood Runner and quickly began to set up her own small time operation under the tutelage of a friend of her's who had lots of experience in the business. Her Blood Running business was quite successful in it's first few years, but once her operation grew to a certain point, the less that discreet methods Lexi was employing to harvest blood made her a target for the local authorities. Lexi then devised a plan to get the cops off of her back, for at that point they were far too close for comfort. She began to create a public persona of a vampire activist who was more than willing to compromise with the humans. This allowed her to get a bit of breathing room from the cops, thus allowing her time to come up with new methods of gathering blood that didn't tip off the authorities to her less than legal business.

From there, her business was able to thrive. The cops never looked at a vampire activist who actually worked for acceptable compromises to be the leader of a large black market blood running operation. Thus she was able to become the third largest blood runner in Shanghai. At that point, nothing else really mattered in her life. All of her work went towards making a more successful operation. Even the so called compromises she tried to make with the humans all were subtly bent towards making her a little bit more money.

Other: Lexi has a few superficial human friends in order to make her activist persona more believable. Also, she has a reasonably large network of contacts around Shanghai, and she works closely with several prominent vampires in the black market in order to maximize profit.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Name: Hector Antonio Rodriguez

Species : Vampire

Actual Age:118

Physical Age: 24

Profession/Role: Doctor, Researcher, and Professor of all things human and/or Vampire

Appearance: Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed) Me_by_namoway-d36vhbm
Hector's blue eyes and light skin are one of many mysteries he spent his whole existence trying to uncover. But he knows it is because of it he was able to live the life of luxury he once had. And though his travels leave him short of money much of the time one would not know it by the look of him. He is rarely seen without a fine 3 piece suit and his small book of research.

Personality: Hector has found that much of what a vampire goes through in it's existence shapes it's personality greatly. Perhaps more so than the first 5 years of a human child's life. One would believe if a loved one from the subjects past has lived long enough to meet the subject 100 years later. That loved one would never recognize the subject. Hector however, was not one such subject. At least not at the surface. He still keeps his polite and chivalrous nature. However, he can be somewhat overbearing when it comes to his intelligence.

Biography: Life was off to a tough start for Hector from the day he was born. The light skin and blue eyes made him easy to spot among the other newborns of a predominately Mexican immigrant town in New Mexico. The offspring of a woman who's husband had died several month before his birth. Hector's early childhood was filled with poverty and working in the fields nearly as soon as she could.

He did however have two advantages; the skin and eye color he got from his father and his intelligence. His mother having him spend much of his free time reading books and going to what classes he could make. Even with less time in the class room as others Hector excelled and surpassed everyone else in the school. This was however the late 1800's and colleges were less than willing to allow a latino into the school. So at the age of 18 Hector left his mother with promises to return as a doctor. He completed this task even quicker than she thought, as he graduated in 6 years.

Hector's deception however would come back to haunt the young man with a bright future. America was about to enter WWI, and with it came the draft. His profession and faked heritage made him prime individual be drafted. Although being a medic meant he was far from the front lines, this new type of warfare of artillery and machine guns made the once fairly safe position of medic, a hazardous affair. This was made painfully obvious when a shell fell through the roof of a house which he was staying.

Shrapnel had opened Hector's stomach and liver. A painful and slow death, though Hector was sure it had come closer as figure seemingly appeared from nowhere and offered Hector a hand.

Hector had awoken in his new state several days later in a cold wine cellar. Understandably confused and frightened Hector learns from the man who turned him of his new state. The fear and anger which had absorbed him gave way to a new feeling. Curiosity. He followed his sire throughout the remainder of the war, trying to learn all he can of his fascinating new people. Not just biologically of course, but socially and even philosophically. He grew restless however by his sires rather simplistic view of their condition.

Another predatory species? HA! It was a laughable thought. A simple predatory species does not hunt like vampires do. They make it seem like an art, and some have even been known to do it for companionship. These are strictly human traits. If vampires were mere predators, they'd be more likely to simply go bump in the night for any unlucky soul who happen to cross their game trail. But no, many vampires watch the humans with a fascinating, almost never picking the weakest of the group. But the most exciting.

Hector left his sires side soon after becoming bored with the simplistic view he provided and began to travel much of the world. He grew several other skills in his travels, becoming quite adapt at stealth as some humans began to many questions with the offer of a skilled doctor who can only work at night. He also began quite adept at several languages along the way including French, German, Italian, and Hebrew. The last he learned because he simply enjoyed the sound of the language.

The decades seemed to fly by Hector as the problems of the human world were all but meaningless to him. He was apart of the vampire species after all. He looked to humans only for their impact on his world and people, and also when he procured one for autopsy when he wanted to experience the differences between the two species biologically. Oh certainly he fed, and was picking of which humans he would choose. He found ones of higher order had a much more pleasing taste than the hookers and bums others sometimes fed on.

In the dawn of the 21st Century however and Hector's curiosity is sparked once again. The possibility of humans and vampires living together peacefully? It was a notion that he would have laughed off when he was first turned in the still rather religiously frenzied 20th century. This new century however, as Hector has researched, has started off with science as king. It is a world Hector was born for. Or turned. Or whatever. He now travels to Mayport to witness first hand this new sociological experiment as the areas premier doctor. After all no one knows vampires AND humans quite like Hector.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:27 pm

The IC is open!

Sorry the intro is pretty long.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Name: James Tyler

Actual Age: 37

Physical Age: N/A

Profession/Role: Detective with the Mayport Police Department

Appearance:
Here There Be Monsters OOC (closed) Istockphoto_13315859-dangerous-man-in-the-shadows

Personality: A lot of people would view James as an asshole, but he is really just exceptionally blunt and has no patience for messing around. He can, however, be a pleasant person to be around, it just requires him to go somewhere where he can relax and let loose. He even can have a sense of humor if he's off the job, and truly in a relaxing atmosphere. Additionally, a loathing for vampires had been shoved into his brain since a very young age, so he hates any and every vampire.

Biography: James was born in Mayport to a rather conservative family that was quite involved in the military and law enforcement, with very high expectations and a loathing for vampires. Throughout high school, James was encouraged to forgo a social life to get excellent grades as well as participate in numerous sports including football and track. This was where his no-nonsense personality really began to take hold. He had to live up to expectations, and that involved living a focused life that had little room for fun.

When he graduated, James had two real options. Join the military or the police or disappoint his entire family. James took the safe route and enrolled in the police academy for the Mayport PD, self sponsoring his way through the academy with money he saved up through high school and money that his parents gave him to pursue law enforcement. Upon graduation, he joined the Mayport PD as a low ranking officer, working his way up rather quickly, due to the dedicated attitude that had been cultivated in his childhood. By the time he was 30, James had established himself as an exemplary officer, culminating with the offer to become a detective after he lead a large blood running bust in Shanghai. After becoming a detective, James began to solidify himself as an anti-vampire cop, routinely working cases involving vampires, the old prejudice his family had instilled in him showing through. During his seven years as a detective, so far, James has worked with only one partner, but a few weeks go his partner was killed in a raid in Shanghai, leaving James without a partner for the meantime.

Other: He has zero vampire friends. In fact he rarely even speaks to vampires.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Damn you Plague. I had the nightmare portion of my intro written two days before you posted.
Tongue Taunt
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Awesome opening posts everyone. This is going to be GOOD!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 pm

>.>

I'm a vampire baby. Damned if I do. Damned if I don't.

Razz
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:57 pm

That's for damned sure. XD
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:53 am

As Digi said, awesome opening posts folks. I'm in the middle of finals, but I'm working on post for Nick so things can move forward. Expect it by Sunday.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:29 pm

Nice 3-way post, guys.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks that was fun. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Posted, finally. It's not much, but then she's still kind of on the periphery of things.

I agree with Lyonesse. Those collaborative posts came out great! I enjoyed study-ing them.
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:33 am

I'm kind of sick right now, folks, so if you're waiting for me to post please don't right now my characters are a little separated from other folks, so if you guys want to post over the next couple of days go ahead.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:53 pm

I'll be introducing an NPC to help move things along should we need it.
A post is incoming while we wait for Lyonesse to get better.

Name: Mary (Jinx) Dunraven

Actual Age: 23

Profession/Role: Computer expert/hacker/information gatherer

Appearance (photos or descriptions only, no cartoons): 5’ 3”, Skinny, large hooked nose, brilliant smile. Dark eyes, razored, dyed black hair with random brightly colored streaks. She wears round, thin-rimmed silver glasses, a hot pink fishnet shirt with black capri leggings beneath vivid and brilliantly color silk scarf skirts. She usually wears hightop Converse tennis shoes or Doc Martins. She is the premier anti-Goth.

Personality: Jinx is a bright spot in a world filled with Emo and Goth darkness. She is bright, funny, frenetic, unstoppable, unshakable and in constant motion. She is a poster child for ADHD. She never, ever shuts up. She is a physical coward, but has a brilliant mind and has a knack for finding secrets.

Biography (must include why your character is in Mayport): Mary Dunraven
was born roughly 20 to 25 years ago in Chicago, IL. Her records are remarkably absent on details. Her childhood years appeared to have been normal; both her parents were teachers in the public school system and Jinx was a gifted, if unfocused, student. At the age of 12, Mary’s parents managed to get some grants and placed Mary in a school for the gifted in Schaumburg, just north of Chicago. There, challenged for the first time, Mary excelled. She found a special affinity in computers as she had no interest in sports or the usual shopping excursions most girls her age indulged in.

After graduating, Mary continued on to the University of Illinois where she found her niche among other people as talented and intelligent as she and got deeper into the underground of hacking. She agile mind made writing code and attacking systems a true rush for her. It also put Mary in the bulls-eye of Homeland Security. On several occasions, task forces closed in on Mary only to find her long gone.

Her latest base of operations is Mayport. Mary arrived in the city 6 months earlier and a routine search of her new home showed Mary the maps of the old underground. More searches gave her the names of the more prominent names and personalities in the city, both above and below ground. Some discrete feelers netted a few profitable jobs and she’s settled in rather nicely.

Other (anything else you deem relevant): Jinx is an expert hacker and can locate information that isn’t strictly legal and very likely will not be admissible in court. She seems to know about everyone of note in Shanghai and Mayport. She can (with her friends) bypass some impressively protected computer systems.

Jinx won’t go into the underground without an escort. If you’re a Vampire and you want to meet with her, you have to send someone to meet her above and escort her below.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:29 pm

So, so, so sorry I've been gone for so long. I've had a few various health issues, and while they're still present I'm going to make more of an effort to get back here and be active. I'm catching up on stuff right now and will try to start a post today, provided I can stay awake long enough (that's a comment about my health, definitely not about the quality of writing here, lol).
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun May 01, 2011 2:18 pm

We still want this to go forward, so I'd like a roll call of who's still in and present, so I know how to proceed.

Post below if you're still in.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Sun May 01, 2011 3:20 pm

Sorry guys, some new projects came up and I need to bow out.

wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sun May 01, 2011 3:22 pm

The "good" Doctor reporting in.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Sun May 01, 2011 4:24 pm

I'm still in. Life is going to be getting a lot less busy pretty soon, so I'll definitely have more time to attend to this.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon May 02, 2011 8:16 pm

I'm fairly certain Plague's still in, he's got a visitor this week, so he couldn't post one way or another.

Sorry to see you go, Wake, but thanks for letting us know.

Alright. We'll wait for a post from Crazy Hobo to send things forward again.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Mon May 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Which won't be until Saturday-ish. Perhaps Sunday. I have another AP test on Friday that I really should do some work for.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon May 02, 2011 11:16 pm

No worries. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sun May 15, 2011 6:57 am

Life's crazy, mean, and topsy turvy. I'm still onboard through, as if I could live with myself for running off. Expect something from me in the next couple days.

Onwards and Upwards, Comrades!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun May 15, 2011 11:45 am

Thanks for the heads up, Plauge. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next