FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here There Be Monsters

5 posters

Go down

Here There Be Monsters Empty Here There Be Monsters

Post by Lyonesse Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Here There Be Monsters
A vampire RP brought to you by Digital Muse and Lyonesse

Once upon many times over, everyone knew that magic and monsters existed. They knew that sometimes, the dead just don’t stay dead. However, as human societies grew and spread they pulled further and further away from their knowledge of the supernatural, until these creatures of legend, the undead, the vampires, became little more than myths and creatures of fiction to humankind, and for the most part, that suited the vampires just fine. They were always there though, lurking in the shadows at the edges of history.

Eventually though, that same progress that drove humanity away from its belief in vampires made it more and more difficult for vampires to hide among humans. As the twentieth century wore on, it finally became impossible and humanity rediscovered its dark cousins. The rediscovery of vampires coincided with the humans’ World War II and sparked a dark science in the labs and concentration camps of Nazi Germany as humans tried to harness the powers of vampires for themselves. After the war, the labs were razed to the ground by Allied Forces, but not before every bit of research, the subjects, and the scientists were secreted away to England and the United States.

However, the war served as the catalyst to truly expose vampires to the world again. These days, everyone knows that vampires exist, and although they’re a minority that’s still discriminated against openly, they are finally beginning to fight for their rights, and they’re even winning a few of the battles. Humanity is very divided on the subject of vampires, some are all for welcoming them as full citizens and equal partners in society, but others view them as a threat either for religious, moral or more practical reasons, and of course many fall in between these two poles.

For their part, vampires are very similarly divided. Many wish to fully integrate with humans, while others still prefer to live in the shadows. Some even dream of dominating and crushing humanity beneath them. Legally, they are citizens, albeit with certain restrictions placed on their feeding, but their legal status hasn't done much to stop the discrimination against vampires by humans any more than it has stopped vampires from feeding on humans.

There are other forces rumored to be at work though, and rumors run rampant among vampire communities that the experiments began during the war continue to this day in many countries across the world, including the United States.

Setting
Spoiler:

Vampire Q&A
Spoiler:

Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Here There Be Monsters Empty Re: Here There Be Monsters

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:41 pm

...I'm not entirely sold yet, but I do like a solid vampire work. You have my interest.

I'm also curious what mythos you got the silver from. I've just never heard of vampires having even an aversion to silver, much less that it's more deadly to them than a stake.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:43 pm

I've seen silver used in other fiction mythos, such as Anita Blake, the Blade films and comics, and True Blood, to name a few. It's also very common in a lot of older folk magic against evil and vampires. It's commonly considered to be a pure metal with the power to protect against evil, and as such has often worked its way into different vampire stories as a form of protection or a weapon against vampires.

If you're not completely sold yet, please let us know what we can do to sell you on the RP. We'd happily answer any questions or expand on anything you're curious about or questioning.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 pm

I'm mostly concerned about the plot-- you have a good stage for the action to unfold on, but I don't want to commit until I have a basic idea where it's going.

On another note, what is the nature of vampirism? Is it a curse? Some sort of mystic virus? Some other explanation?
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Though the cause of the 'original' Vampire is irrelevant to this RP; it has not yet been determined by science. It could be anything from a disease, a mutation or a sub species of human. No two scientists agree.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:26 am

You have captured my interest, as I am a sucker for a good vampire roleplay. Although I would also like to have a basic idea of what's going on plot-wise.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:27 am

The basic premise will be the disappearances of Vampires. I can't give much more away. But, the community is nervous and want answers.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:38 am

I understand not giving things away, I just wanted to know if you had a solid direction you were going, and I am appeased. I'll be looking forward to this RP launching.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooklyn Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Whenever this story gets started, I would like to be a part of it. ^_^
Brooklyn
Brooklyn
Mist