FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanagi Yata - Place of Souls OCC

+4
Shadow Moonseye
The Melancholy Spirit
Lyonesse
Aya MacArthur
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wanagi Yata - Place of Souls OCC Empty Wanagi Yata - Place of Souls OCC

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:54 am

It all started with a small tribe of Indians who lived here, in the Superstition Mountains. They were a peaceful people who loved their piece of Heaven that the Gods had given them. It was a utopia. As the Indians called it, an inland sea. The waters were full of fish, the lands full of game, the soil perfect for crops, and the sky was always willing to give water; however, like many stories of utopia, this one had a horrible ending.

The people of this tribe grew lazy, and greedy. They stopped praying to the Gods, believing themselves to be the cause of all their wealth and success. Their selfish behavior started to show on the land. Their inland sea began to die. The waters began to dry up, the games began to die off, the soil became barren, and the sky never let a drop of rain fall. The people of the tribe became angry with the Gods, asking what action was done to deserve such a punishment. The Gods answered with more disaster. The chief of the tribe went to the highest peak of the mountain to talk with the Gods himself. He asked why they got no rain. A voice responded: “If it is rain you want, than rain you shall have...”

The skies instantly drew dark, and rain began to fall. At first, the tribe was ecstatic but their happiness was short lived. The water never stopped. It flooded their crops, their houses, everything. The tribe was forced up the mountain til their was no room left to go. The tribe elders tried all their magick to stop the rain, but all was in vain. They would never best the Gods. The chief, exhausted, told his people that he had one piece of magick left to save them. He conducted his magick, and turned himself and his people into rocks.

From then on, these mountains were cursed.

The Spanish came, in search of gold and other treasures, but only found their demise. Geronimo’s Gold Cave should have been proof enough for me, but it wasn't enough.

I allowed many fellow minors to go into these mountains, and come back cursed- or not at all. I watched for many years.

Then it came my turn, to selfishly go into the mountains in search of my own treasure. I am a scientific man. I never believed these stories of curses and legends, but I must say now, I was naïve. I went off- alone- in search of my fortune. What I found was horrendous. It was a portal, to another plane of existence, and I opened it. I should have listened. The demons I released upon this world are deadly to anything living here. They are very reptilian like- like walking lizards. They can only come out of the portal when someone uncovers it, and I did. I went back after I had realized my mistake, to bury the portal, but those mountains can be very tricky. The doorway was no longer there, another one took it's place. This one released giants. I covered the hole to the other worlds, but it won't be long til it is accidentally uncovered.

I am writing this letter, to be found after I die. I hope that this knowledge will help some future persons to get rid of this evil I unknowingly allowed to walk this Earth. There is no way to atone for what I have done, but with this letter I give my life- a sacrifice- in hopes that all will once be peaceful again.

I leave with one last message: the pure of heart can only succeed in this task. The Gods have turned their backs on this place, as have the people. You will face this task alone, due to there are no more people pure of heart, poor soul. I wish you the best, and apologize again for leaving this to someone who does not deserve it.

Signed,

Jacob Heins

Jacob Heins gave his life in 1883 in hopes that one day some brave soul, or souls, would come to the aid of the town at the base of the Superstitions. Five years after his death, his worse fears would come to light. The portals from Hell opened up, and took the lives of everyone in his town- leaving no survivors. A group of Indians and other folks came to the town, in search of a new life. Little did they know that the life they left behind would be Heaven compared to what they faced now in Wanagi Yata - the Place of Souls...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name of Character:

Sex:

Appearance: (Picture or Description)

Bio: (Must explain why you are going to Wanagi Yata)

Role in the Caravan: (IE: Doctor, Dentist, Etc.)
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Wanagi Yata - Place of Souls OCC Empty Re: Wanagi Yata - Place of Souls OCC

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:32 am

Name of Character:
Isabella Lynn Malloy

Sex:

Female

Appearance:
Isabella has striking green eyes that seem to pierce the soul. Her ebony hair falls just below her bust line. With skin as white as snow, she is a very beautiful woman. Always wearing neutral colors, never anything to girly either, she tries to tone down the beauty her mother passed on to her. Her efforts are all in vane, however.

Bio:
Isabella Malloy, and her little sister Elizabet are traveling to Wanagi Yata for a new life. Both orphaned due to yellow fever, Isabella did what she could to make sure they could survive. Escaping an abusive husband, along with taking everything he owned, Wanagi Yata seemed like the place to go. No one would ever look for her there, and even if they did, she changed her last name. Born a MacArthur, and married into the Swanns; however, her marriage to Erik was not even legalized. They had yet to consummate their marriage before he began to beat her. Then soon after, he too fell ill with yellow fever. She was alone in this world, with the exception of Liza.

Role in the Caravan:
She was good with her hands, so she made clothes for the caravan; however, she planned on opening a tavern once she reached Wanagi Yata.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:05 am

Name of Character: Samuel Foster
Sex: Male
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Bio: A true son of the frontier, Samuel is proud of the fact that he’s never stepped foot east of the Mississippi River. He was born the illegitimate son of a missionary’s daughter in Colorado and spent most of his childhood and adolescence trailing after his shiftless father, who worked as anything from a ranch hand to a train robber and everything in between at one point or another. The only real period of stability he had in his life was when his father married a woman of the Crow Tribe when Samuel was ten. They lived with the tribe for almost three years, his father translating trade and other negotiations between the tribe and white settlers, until Samuel’s stepmother died in childbirth and his father quickly packed the two of them up and moved out. His father’s lifestyle finally got him killed over a fixed poker game when Samuel was seventeen. He’s been on his own since, following in his old man’s nomadic footsteps, although both legitimate and illegitimate work has proved harder and harder to find as technology slowly reaches its way into the west, mostly leaving Samuel with work as a guide for settlers.

Role in the Caravan: Hired guard and guide. He’s there to lead folks to Wanagi Yata and protect them until they get to their destination then collect his pay and move on.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:15 am

Name of Character:
Shaman Craighan

Sex:
Male

Appearance:
Shaman has an overall Caucasian look, though his skin is naturally darker and gives the appearance of a permanent tan. His eyes are a bright green, hair jet black and worn long, reaching to the top of his abdomen. He wears mostly neutral colors, his clothing obviously old and ragged. A light brown duster is worn on occasion, and he is never seen without his hat.

Bio:
Born the son of a Jeremiah Craighan and a native woman, Shaman was named using the word that Jeremiah felt best described his father-in-law. They lived on the frontier plains of the Midwest for munch of Shaman’s youth, eventually ending up in a town under the grand panorama of the Rocky Mountains. Tension rose shortly after they settled, and Shaman’s mother was brutally murdered in the middle of town when he was at the age of nine. Thinking of his son first, and retribution second, Jeremiah took his son into the mountains where they lived off the land in isolation for the next seven years. Then, when his son was of the age of sixteen and could fully take care of himself, Jeremiah slipped into the town to have his revenge.

By the time Shaman new his father was gone, having slipped away while Shaman was checking traps along a stream up the mountains, a full day had passed. Heading for the town as well, Shaman came to find his father strung up in much of the same manner as his mother had been. Shaman waited outside of the town for nightfall, wherein under the cover of darkness he slipped into town and set it ablaze. For several years following the event he was part of a roaming gang until most of them were killed, the rest separating permanently. By this time he would have been around the age of twenty-three, at which point he slipped into obscurity and wasn’t heard or seen of until a year ago.

Shaman chanced upon the caravan prior to their departure from a settlement. Having heard of Wanagi Yata and being intrigued by the place, he decided to join up with them for the trek.

Role in the Caravan:
Shaman is a mystic/shamanistic healer primarily, though also skilled with firearms and knives (which he rarely uses these days) and wilderness lore.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:31 am

Very nice, both of you. High Five
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:38 am

...Well, this is certainly a lost OOC. I'll move it over to the proper section. ^^
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:46 am

Name of Character:
Jonah Rickets (Real name: Jose Rivera)

Sex:
Male

Appearance:
Wanagi Yata - Place of Souls OCC Gunslinger

Bio:
Born is a small cattle farm in south Texas, Jonah then know as Jose was born to a caring mother and father. But Jose was a troubled child, seemingly able to find trouble wherever he went even when he wasn't looking for it. He was also restless and completely bored with the simple life of a farmer. And his witness of government corruption, namely against his latino family drove him to even more rebellious behavior.

Finally the years of having their back pushed against to the wall by the local Texas Governor had broken his family and they made plans to return to Old Mexico. Jose, however, had grown to have a hot temper and seeing his family humiliated and unjustly thrown out like this gave him the mind of revenge. He ran away in the middle of the night in search of revenge, but instead found himself brought into a gang lead by legendary pistoleer Charlie Thomas. He stayed with the gang till a botched bank robbery nearly eliminated the gang.

Jose learned many things while under the Thomas gang, the most important to him was how to shoot a gun. Taught by Charlie himself, Jose became an expert shot and decided to use this skill to finally get the payback which was long over due. Jose found his target retired and on a large cattle ranch which was comprised even of his families old land. Jose savored the gunshot that pierced the former governors head but was shot as he made his escape off his land. Though managing to get away on horse back, Jose would pass out from the wound.

He later found himself being cared for by an older couple, when asked for his name Jose saw an opportunity to start something new for himself. Taking on the name Johan Rickets, he repaid the couple for their kindness by helping on their small farm for several year also refining his blacksmithing and repair skills. For year Johan went from state to state, using his skills to make money and get fed, until he heard of a caravan going to Wanagi Yata. Seeing it as a chance to finally settle down, and leave his past behind him Johan was quick to sign on.

Role in the Caravan:
Blacksmith and all around handy man, though he has not lost any of his skill with his pistols.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:46 am

Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:11 pm

As said in the interest check section, I want to be in too, but I can't come up with a char right now (school stuff and so on...) I'll try to have one up tonight, otherwise I'll create one tomorrow. If that's okay.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:31 am

Sounds great Shekinah
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:20 am

Name of Character: Erin Whillicks a.k.a The Ricochet Kid

Appearance: Of average height and build, Erin is an average looking male in any crowd. He wears traditional wranglers clothes, consisting of: A floppy leather hat that is one size too big for him. A loose shirt, stained with mud, blood, and alcohol. A black leather vest worn over top (to hide the stains). A matching leather jacket when it isn't too hot out. Dusty blue jeans, and high cowboy boots complete with spurs. He is rarely clean shaven, and he lets his blonde hair grow, out so long as it doesn't get in his eyes, which are blue. He also carries a pair of holsters with one .45 Bat Masterson which he lifted from a dead U.S. Marshal and an IOF .32 Revolver. He also carries a .22 derranger in his inside breast pocket, and a saddle bag converted into a backpack which holds his ammo, booze, and food (in that order of importance).

Bio: A ruffian and a scoundrel at every stage of his life, Erin Whillicks often got into trouble with his parents, the townsfolk, and eventually the law. Born to a respectable cattle herder, Erins life style of drinking and womanizing got him kicked out of the house at a young age, and with little education. When he was seventeen, he was laying in his local bar, passed out from the drink, when a bar fight broke out. After a man stumbled into his table waking him up, Erin pulled out his IOF revolver and fired two shots at the closest thing to him. Both shots missed, but one bounced of a metal beam and spiraled into a mans eye. The second shot burried itself into the sherifs leg. The entire bar when silent, except for the sherif who was screaming in pain; the other man was dead. Erin, now suddenly more sober held up his weapon and left the bar. He stole the nearest horse and fled. Since then he'd been robbing carriges and spending the money on booze and women. He claims to have killed over ten men and has earned himself the name Ricochet Kid, in tribute to his first act of murder. His last escapade left two men wounded, and a U.S. Marshal dead who went after him looking for justice. In the night he joined up a with a caravan going to Wanagi Yata until the heat dies down.

Role in the Caravan: The only skills Erin brings to the table is guts and skill with a hand gun. We'll file him under 'protection'.

Last edited by Dio the Awesome on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:22 am

Accepted.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:55 am

I have an ooc question. What kind of grpahic level is acceptable? Swearing, gore, sex, that sort of thing? I tend to have no boundaries, so I feel like I should try and respect other peoples limits.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:58 am

Follow the rules of the site. Nothing too graphic.
Obviously we are all adults. If I find something too graphic, I will let you know.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 am

Alright. I just need to know if I can say fuck, somewhere between the frequency of a lot to a fuck ton. :p
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:19 am

Try using it sparingly. I don't even know if they said fuck in the 1800s. Lol
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:20 am

I should look that up lol.

Fun Fuck Facts:

First used in 1475, as a term for sexual intercourse.

William Dunbar's 1503 poem "Brash of Wowing" includes the lines: "Yit be his feiris he wald haue fukkit: / Ye brek my hairt, my bony ane" (ll. 13–14).

John Florio's 1598 Italian-English dictionary, A Worlde of Wordes, included the term, along with several now-archaic, but then vulgar synonyms, in this definition:

* Fottere: To jape, to sard, to fucke, to swive, to occupy.

Though it appeared in John Ash's 1775 A New and Complete Dictionary, listed as "low" and "vulgar," and appearing with several definitions,[10] fuck did not appear in any widely-consulted dictionary of the English language from 1795 to 1965. Its first appearance in the Oxford English Dictionary (along with the word cunt) was in 1972. There is anecdotal evidence of its use during the American Civil War.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:26 am

Spoiler:

Name of Character: Anoii Levine

Sex: Female

Bio: Fleeing for the police and her past life, Anoii decided to go to the last place where they would look for her: Wanagi Yata. She isn't a bad person, but she was pushed to extremes once and she crossed the line, leaving her with a stigma for the rest of her life. Especially since she was once part of the police force. How could a police woman have done what she has done? Anoii hopes to build a new life in Wanagi Yata, to be able to really put her past behind her, because no one knows her here and no one needs to know the truth about her. Murdering a fellow cop isn't exactly something to write home about.

Role in the Caravan: Though she could've been a cop, she decided not to. Instead, Anoii's a guard, close enough to what she once was.

Hope this is fine!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:30 am

Its great Shekinah.

Dio- you can curse sparingly. I know it fits your character well.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:32 am

I know, you just got me interested is all.

Edit: Haha, I need to use occupy as a term for sex now.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:27 am

Lolz. Ok.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyonesse Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:45 am

I feel like my character has been made redundant, so I'm going to withdraw from this one. Best of luck to you all.
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:48 am

Whatever you feel is necessary, Lyonesse.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:13 pm

Name of Character: Elias Ventus

Appearance:

Wanagi Yata - Place of Souls OCC The_Gunslinger_by_Cordania

Bio: Elias once lived in a very prominent city in a very prominent familyin society, having grown up in rather well-to-do means and never really having to go wanting: His father, Malichai Ventus, was a surgeon with the U.S. military and his mother the proprietor of a very high end hotel. He had always found himself interested in the human anatomy, like his father, so he began studying medicine at around the age of 13 with the help of his father.

However, due to many skirmishes out West, his father was relocated to a camp outside of Tombstone, Arizona, and due to the more hostile living environments, Elias was taught how to shoot before anything else. Which helped out a lot when, at the ripe old age of 20, the town was raided by a roving band of natives that ended up slaughtering his mother and father.

After that, he spent the next ten years moving from place to place, working odd jobs on ranches and in little rag-tag settlements as their only "doctor." He's joining the caravan to finally try and find somewhere to settle down.

Role in the Caravan: The Doctor
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Jeeze, took you long enough Gunneh!
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:17 pm

Sorry, I gotta drop out too. School stuff and such... enjoy the rp!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:35 am

Awww. Alright. Good luck, we'll miss you.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Firgured I'd post and bump the OOC thread to try and shock this RP's heart back into rhythem.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:48 am

Sorry. Been really busy lately. <3<3
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:29 am

Eh, with christmas rolling through, who can blame you?

Me. I can blame you.

*Scary eyes*

BLAME!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content