FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanagi Yata - the Place of Souls

4 posters

Go down

Wanagi Yata - the Place of Souls Empty Wanagi Yata - the Place of Souls

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:31 am

It all started with a small tribe of Indians who lived here, in the Superstition Mountains. They were a peaceful people who loved their piece of Heaven that the Gods had given them. It was a utopia. As the Indians called it, an inland sea. The waters were full of fish, the lands full of game, the soil perfect for crops, and the sky was always willing to give water; however, like many stories of utopia, this one had a horrible ending.

The people of this tribe grew lazy, and greedy. They stopped praying to the Gods, believing themselves to be the cause of all their wealth and success. Their selfish behavior started to show on the land. Their inland sea began to die. The waters began to dry up, the games began to die off, the soil became barren, and the sky never let a drop of rain fall. The people of the tribe became angry with the Gods, asking what action was done to deserve such a punishment. The Gods answered with more disaster. The chief of the tribe went to the highest peak of the mountain to talk with the Gods himself. He asked why they got no rain. A voice responded: “If it is rain you want, than rain you shall have...”

The skies instantly drew dark, and rain began to fall. At first, the tribe was ecstatic but their happiness was short lived. The water never stopped. It flooded their crops, their houses, everything. The tribe was forced up the mountain til their was no room left to go. The tribe elders tried all their magick to stop the rain, but all was in vain. They would never best the Gods. The chief, exhausted, told his people that he had one piece of magick left to save them. He conducted his magick, and turned himself and his people into rocks.

From then on, these mountains were cursed.

The Spanish came, in search of gold and other treasures, but only found their demise. Geronimo’s Gold Cave should have been proof enough for me, but it wasn't enough.

I allowed many fellow minors to go into these mountains, and come back cursed- or not at all. I watched for many years.

Then it came my turn, to selfishly go into the mountains in search of my own treasure. I am a scientific man. I never believed these stories of curses and legends, but I must say now, I was naïve. I went off- alone- in search of my fortune. What I found was horrendous. It was a portal, to another plane of existence, and I opened it. I should have listened. The demons I released upon this world are deadly to anything living here. They are very reptilian like- like walking lizards. They can only come out of the portal when someone uncovers it, and I did. I went back after I had realized my mistake, to bury the portal, but those mountains can be very tricky. The doorway was no longer there, another one took it's place. This one released giants. I covered the hole to the other worlds, but it won't be long til it is accidentally uncovered.

I am writing this letter, to be found after I die. I hope that this knowledge will help some future persons to get rid of this evil I unknowingly allowed to walk this Earth. There is no way to atone for what I have done, but with this letter I give my life- a sacrifice- in hopes that all will once be peaceful again.

I leave with one last message: the pure of heart can only succeed in this task. The Gods have turned their backs on this place, as have the people. You will face this task alone, due to there are no more people pure of heart, poor soul. I wish you the best, and apologize again for leaving this to someone who does not deserve it.

Signed,

Jacob Heins

Jacob Heins gave his life in 1883 in hopes that one day some brave soul, or souls, would come to the aid of the town at the base of the Superstitions. Five years after his death, his worse fears would come to light. The portals from Hell opened up, and took the lives of everyone in his town- leaving no survivors. A group of Indians and other folks came to the town, in search of a new life. Little did they know that the life they left behind would be Heaven compared to what they faced now in Wanagi Yata - the Place of Souls...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The premise for this RP is simple. All the characters are people coming to settle in Wanagi Yata. All demons and evil events are kind of opened ended. I want this RP to run smoothly, but be dramatic and creepy like it would have really been. Everything is really possible in the Superstition Mountains, from ghost sitings, to falling into a literal Hell, to even meeting a demon. However, according to legend, there are only two types of demons seen on the mountains- reptilian humanoids and giants. Aliens have also been spotted. I want to stick to the real legends as much as possible. If you're interested, post in here, ya? Please and thank you. If we get enough people, I will open up a thread to RP in.

Added note: To create more drama 2 outsiders will be let in that are not with the caravan. One is already claimed.

Last edited by Aya MacArthur on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Wanagi Yata - the Place of Souls Empty Re: Wanagi Yata - the Place of Souls

Post by Lyonesse Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:37 am

Count me in. Smile
Lyonesse
Lyonesse
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:39 am

Already said I was interested in the IRC, but might as well make it 'official' eh?

~puts his mark at the bottom of page~
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:43 am

Haha. Thanks guys. At most 6 more/ at least 2 more and we will be good.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:28 am

Squalle and Gunneh are in too. Gotta make the OCC
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow