FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shepherds of Lost Souls OOC

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shepherds of Lost Souls OOC Empty Shepherds of Lost Souls OOC

Post by Baker Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Shepherds of Lost Souls

The year is 2010, the world has been without a single soul collector (grim reaper/angel of death) for 138 years. The Reaper Scythe has been missing since then, prompting the boom between heaven and hell to gather the free souls for their side. This is where the story comes in. You are either a shepherd of souls or a reaper of souls. (Shepherds being heaven, reapers being hell). The reapers want to destroy the souls, while shepherd's jobs are to collect them for judgement by the angels.

Being a shepherd or reaper is not the same as being a demon or angel, shepherds and reapers are lesser beings, souls just chosen to collect other souls. That being said, we do have weapons, we do have magic, but it's not nearly as powerful as an actual demon or angel would be. Shepherds and Reapers did once live, have past lives and memories, this could come into play with the souls you collect along the way. However, collecting souls is not the main goal for either side.

The Reaper Scythe is the goal. The ultimate weapon of the afterlife, The Reaper Scythe has been the deciding factor in the war of souls for a millenia, it has decided the difference between a grim reaper, and the angel of death. When the wielder was known as the grim reaper, he was a reaper, destroying souls for power and hells collection. The Angel of Death, was a shepherd, the ultimate shepherd. Whichever side controls the Reaper Scythe controls the entire world of souls.

If anyone has any questions please ask. This RP will mostly play out in purgatory, the alternate plane of earth where the living lay. There will be some parts where we might go to earth, but it won't be very often, and some parts in various settings of heaven and hell.

--------------------

Playable Characters:

Humans at the very end of their lives (temporary position for special occasions if requested)

Shepherds

Reapers

P.S.: Other characters may develop depending on how the story goes

--------------------

Character Sheet

Name:

Shepherd or Reaper

Age/How long you have been dead:

Appearance: (very small desciption and picture or paragraph)

History/Bio: (Pretty Self-Explanatory)

Weapons: (um, yeah, I'll tell you if you go overboard)

Magic: (NO GOD-MOD SPELLS, MAGIC DOES KILL YOUR STAMINA REALLY FAST, NO UNLIMITED SPELLS, I CAN JUST TAKE IT OUT ALL TOGETHER IF NEED BE)

Last edited by Baker on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Shepherds of Lost Souls OOC Empty Re: Shepherds of Lost Souls OOC

Post by Gunneh Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:12 am

Name: Alistair

Faction: Reaper

Appearance:

Shepherds of Lost Souls OOC Demon_knight_by_Edragon

History/Bio: Died during the Crusades. Happy now, Baker?

Weapons: Demon's Fang (broadsword in picture)

Magic:
+ Dragon's Fire
+ Shadow Step
+ Berserker
+ Soul Capture

Last edited by Gunneh on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:48 am; edited 6 times in total
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:19 am

Name: Cadence Brielle

Race: Shepard

Age/How long you have been dead: Died at 21, has been dead over five hundred years, slightly losing count.

Appearance:
Shepherds of Lost Souls OOC Beauti10

History/Bio: Cadence was born of a low class and sold off early, as her family was known for being loyal servants to the castle of Caspin. She grew up very rebelliously, despising the idea of serving someone else, especially when she began to work. Cleaning up after someone her own age, though three or so years younger, was a pain. She many times found herself slapped or being punished by his mother, the Queen, for such disobedience. When threatened too much, Cadence finally gave up on trying to be her own person, and began to behave herself.
-
By her teen years, she was well, and having to take care of the Princess was a tire. That was until the Princess's older brother returned from war. The Prince of Caspin, tall and handsome, and to be wed to the Lady Gwendlyn in the fall. Immediately, Cadence felt her heart beat for him. She began to serve him as the Princess took leave to another kingdom with her husband to be, and the young, foolhardy maid stuck by his side. He was far from his sister, as he was cool and stone like, but not insultingly so. He was kind to her, kinder than anyone else. Before long, she began to snoop, to see into his life and why he acted in such a manner. Catching him one night as he cherished a sketch of another woman he'd met in his travels, he found himself unable to resist attacking Cadence. But with the sudden turmoil of emotions, the attack quickly turned to passion as her feelings were spoken through her lips, and his pain was vented by his own.
-
Seven months passed, and the two had grown to each other, their forbidden love fiery and unstoppable, and no one knew. Save for one; Lilianna the Princess. She returned for a visit and threatened the peasant maid of what would become of it all. So, in the act of needing to be safe from exile, she and the Prince of Caspin, Damian.
-
It was shortly after, three months of bliss in a cottage in the backwoods of Wales where they had fled, that they were caught. An assassin in the night. As Cadence rose from the bed to see out, she saw an swords' glint in the moonlight outside. After that, it was all very fast. The sound of metal against scabbard, and the aim at her dearest's chest as Damian rose from the bed to wake. She jumped before the blade and it pressed into her chest, piercing between her ribs, stabbing her heart, and pushing through and outside of her back. Blood seemed to flood out of her, she never knew so much could come from it all. She was so naive. It was worth it though, she believed. Damian laid his blade to the attackers, and held her as her life slipped away, and her eyes fell shut. Her last thought in life was that perhaps now her love could stop running and hiding because of her.
-
Entering Purgatory, she became a Shepard, immediately so for her great sacrifice and gentle innocence in life. As the many many years passed, she grew wise, and her greatest hobby became watching humans. And in the many many years of watching, she learned much. Now she is not much like she was in life, but so much grander in her own wisdom and grace. An angel in the makings, by many means.

Weapons:
-Le' Inverno (Lance)
-Obsidian Crest (Shortsword)

Magic:
-She has the ability to sing wandering souls to sleep, and nurture them into staying by her side.
-Her other magic includes magic based on the element of wind
-Soul Capture

Last edited by Eternity on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:29 am

Name: Josephine
Faction: Reaper
Age/How long you have been dead: 10 years, died while 24 years old.
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/woman/pannanya/33377.jpg?o=52
Josephine has short brown hair and big brown eyes. She is very slender and short, but has a way of looking at you as if she can see into your mind.
History/Bio: She died in 2000, a tragic mix of alcohol and sleeping pills after a new years party. When she died, she found herself swept into the world of the Reapers, and took to the task wholeheartedly, hoping to make up for her stupidity in life.
Weapons: A golden whip that can be charged with flames.
Magic: She can control birds, calling them to herself and then using them to attack, defend, or run simple errands, as well as soul capture.

Shepherds of Lost Souls OOC 33377

Last edited by alexknyde on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:48 am

Name: Rane Uldrar

Shepherd

586 years since death

Shepherds of Lost Souls OOC Drifter_of_Ice_Wizard_by_Yue_Iceseal

History/Bio: Rane was trained under the tutelage of a sorcerer during the dark ages in medieval Europe, drifting from country to country before he was finally caught and executed for the practice of the dark arts.

He is one of the oldest Shepherds, collecting over 3 millions souls in the past 138 years without a collector. He has been on the hunt for the reaper's scythe ever since it's disappearance as one of the top investigators of it's location, but so far not much has turned up.

Weapons: Unbreakable Staff

Spells: Lightning Strike
Shield
Healing
Soul Capture
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:51 am

Everyone Accepted, just people who haven't done already, add "Soul Capture" to your spells.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:02 pm

Still room for another I hope?

Name: Landon Cane

Shepherd

Died at age 26; has been dead for 150 years

Appearance: Image 1 Image 2
He has a long face but small features, big eyes and a small nose topping pouty lips and a mustache with matching soul patch and hair on the bottom of his chin; has a medium build and is fairly thin and average height. Has a tick where he rubs at his mustache when he's thinking or nervous.

History/Bio: While alive, Lan was a doctor in San Fransisco, California during the Gold Rush. When his mother and little sister died of cholera when they were making their journey westwards, he became personally invested in trying to heal the sick and wounded as his life's work. While tending to a man who'd gotten injured in a fight over land, the men who'd wounded him came to finish the job. Stepping forth to protect his patient and hopefully diffuse the situation, he was shot in the neck and died from a loss of blood.

Weapons: two old style revolvers on each hip and a rifle he rarely uses

Magic:
-Soul Capture
-Speed
-Healing touch
-Teleport(400 ft. max.)

Is this good? Anything needs changing let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:15 pm

He's fine, all accepted. Now, would be nice to have at least one more reaper before we started, though i'll take more of either side
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:59 am

Name:
Morgandy

Shepherd or Reaper:
Reaper

Age/How long you have been dead:
She was twenty-three when she died.
Died 323 years ago.

Appearance:

Shepherds of Lost Souls OOC 1130440871_PCheyeblood

Only nix on the sword. Weapons described below.

History/Bio:
Morgandy was the daughter of an Irish family that immigrated to the American colonies. They moved to the Appalachian Mountains and mostly were uninterested in the affairs of what was going on. Her parents were devout in the religion, but Morgandy had always felt that God either did not exist or no longer cared for humans. She prayed only under the pretense of pleasing her parents, whom despite not seeing eye-to-eye with them, she loved very much, as did she love her small, child sister, Gwyndolen.

When a fire burned down their house and everyone, including the cat, managed to live and escape with minimal injuries - everyone except Gwen - Morgandy nearly lost her mind at her sister's death. She lost all faith and refused to pray at all even to please her parents. This occured when she was seventeen.

Six years after the fire, and six years of slowly losing what mind she had left, becoming a bitter husk of an empty and cold-hearted woman, Morgandy took her own life. She hung herself from the rafters of her father's barn's loft, no longer able to live in a world that she had no faith in and in a world that held nothing for her, in her opinion. Her mind had been greatly destabilized and what had been left of it after her sister's death had deteriorated until she had somehow convinced herself that no life was better than some life.

After she had died, she became a Reaper, a job that she revels in, a job that affirms, in her eyes, every thing that she had ever believed about God in her life. She enjoys nothing better than destroying souls and working to prove that God cares nothing for humans.

Weapons:

- A pair of long, gleaming knives with black hilts, decorated with silver symbols and writing.
- Throwing knives that match the appearance of the duel, almost-sword length other knives she carries

Magic:
- Soul Capture
- Much of her magic deals with fire, which she both hates and loves, in a sick, twisted sense.
- The ability to manipulate what a person perceives as reality, usually something very cruel and unkind
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:34 am

Cool, enough to get started either today or tomorrow, once I get something decent wrote.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:54 am

IC

Wish I could have posted something better, but I tried Razz
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:41 am

I thought it was good ^^. I'll work on a post asap.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Do the Reapers know each other?

And are the Shepherds acquainted?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:21 pm

shepherds should be acquainted, reapers are not necessarily acquainted, but can be.

also, who is left to post? i may post soon, but it wont have any player interaction in my post
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Alex still needs to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:36 pm

I'm not sure. I know I have and I remember Eternity and Gunneh posting I think. And Tote? I think we're waiting on alex.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Okay, then I'll probably write something up and wait to post it until she is done, if she isn't done by tomorrow night I'll post it then, but it shouldn't make a difference on what she posts.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:40 am

Posted a while ago, hope you all enjoyed it Razz
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:08 am

Sweet. *dances off to read it*
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:15 am

Saw that. Very interesting dynamic and setup. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Anyone is welcome to post, not holding us up or anything Razz
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Ah! I'm so sorry for not posting yet - I'll get right to that. Again, so sorry! Stuff has been busy! >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:11 pm

I thought we were waiting for Alex... Although my post wouldn't hinder anything. Hmm.

And Alex, I don't mind. I can't speak for other people, but I totally understand.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Thank you! >.< And my post is now up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Cool, and no problem, nothing was waiting on you at the moment anyway. Don't worry about it Razz Just wanted you to join in before we got too deep Razz
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Would it be cool with one of the Reapers if I interacted with one of them?
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Someone answer and someone pooooost Sad
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm waiting for Eternity to respond because of our character interaction. =/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:18 pm

I'm planning on posting tonight :3
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:27 pm

I am waiting to hear from the Reapers if it's okay to interact with them. Otherwise I'm just gonna have a boring post that goes like "morgandy went and reaped some soul, blah blah blah, cried about the scythe and her demon master blah". It shall be repetitive.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next