FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School Wars UPDATED

2 posters

Go down

School Wars UPDATED Empty School Wars UPDATED

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:06 am

So since my fantasy rp is temporarily on hold, I hope to start up another while I wait for him to return.

I was thinking of a realistic school theme of two student rivals with a twist, they have supernatural powers. Or just powers in general, what do you think? Each school has a certain number of gifted students that raise the many aspects of the school (popularity, college availability, strength and what chance they have of participating in the big duel between schools for who is the best yadda ydda). One student is talented with their power while the other's lies dormant and untrained. Sounds familiar?

Anyway, depending on our characters genders, its debatable if there will be any romance at all since I rp as both guys and girls. This rp will mostly focus on their personal stories, struggles and maturation through the story by themselves and with each other.

Any takers? Please help me flesh out a decent story line! ^^ Thanks for reading anyway!

Here's a pirate for stopping by!

heart heart heart

Last edited by Rogue.Ember.Shadow on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new idea)
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://daughter-of-chaos.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

School Wars UPDATED Empty Re: School Wars UPDATED

Post by AppleMistress Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:31 pm

I'd actually be interested in roleplaying in this sort of scenario. I've always been a softy for supernatural themes and such.

AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:39 pm

Awesome, AppleMistress! So what part of my halfbaked idea interests you? Have any suggestions or ideas you would like to add?

Razz
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:54 pm

You can call me Apple, if you want. It’s a little shorter. Smile
Well, so far, I know for sure that I want to play a female character, just because I’m not quite as skillful at playing guys. I really don’t mind if we add in some sort of romance between the characters or not, I think that can be decided later on depending on which gender you’ll chose for your character. And I love the supernatural theme, so it will take me a little while to think of a good ability to give my character.
Hm… I love experimenting with character development, so I’ll try to think of a few more ideas for back-stories and such later.
I’d kind of like to work with a competition of popularity or strength, since I think they work well with the whole school setting. But really, I don’t mind much on where we take it.
Do you have a preference of which character has the more talented/untrained powers? I don’t mind either way, and I’m sure I’d be fine with working with either one of them.
Oh, and I was also wondering if we’re going to have it so that every student in this school has an ability, or just a selected few? Or is it undecided for now?
I’ll try to brainstorm a few more ideas to help develop the plot a little more.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:03 pm

I have been itching to rp as a guy for a while now so here's my chance!

As for the plot, not all students have powers. Some schools have a majority of students that are gifted, therefore changing their classes to more power oriented classes to help those students broaden and control their powers.

I don't want just one campus dedicated to these gifted students since Harry Potter and X men have that going on already. Since I figure a school like that would take billions of dollars and years to weed through decent people to teach these guys, it would be more dramatic if these gifted students had to deal fitting in and adapting to a environment where it would be both hard and rewarding to develop their powers AND themselves. There are not always going to good kids, some are going to abusive, troubled and just down right confused or manipulated. Buts that what makes situations like this so interesting to use. Get where I'm coming from?

Now I'm just trying to think of the school our characters should be set at....
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:18 pm

Alright!

Okay, I actually really like it more that way. I think having way too many students with powers would be a little overwhelming, in a sense.

Mhm, I understand that completely. Having their somewhat unnatural abilities mixed in with reality is basically what we're aiming at, then? I rarely get to work with that concept, so it'll be exciting and interesting to work with for sure.

Are we working with a public school or a private school here?

Should we move this conversation over to the discussion thread?
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:42 pm

We could but I've discussed plots, characters and other things in here as well and have not gotten a slap on the wrist for it. But if you feel we should take this over there, I'm all for it.

I'm wondering what to name this roleplay, actually. School Warz. Rival Warz, Vs. etc.

And the school will be public for easier media coverage and access to financially challenged students.
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:58 pm

Oh, really? I've never worked through here, so I wasn't sure. In that case, I'm completely fine with speaking about it here.

Versus sounds kind of nice to me. I also like School Warz. Hm... Twisted Warz, Exotic Warz... I'll try to help with a few more if any other names come to mind.

That makes sense. Alright then... Should we set them in an urban sort of setting? I think that would would work best.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:05 pm

It would since its realistic, ha ha! I'm sure faculty and secondary characters you wanna post that your character will interact with or has some sort of relationship with you can post in your character post.

As for a certain taste of drama, what do you think of an unknown force causing trouble all over the place besides ghosts, spirits and other supernatural entities? Should it be corruption of certain faculty members from some of the schools to get rid of the gifted students? Or how about using them take over some of the towns to lengthen their wealth?

Sorry, I've been watching a lot of cop shows lately. Pirate Gun
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:36 pm

I think the faculty using the gifted kids for selfish needs, like taking over towns and such would work well with the plot. Greed is something that's common; and I think that it could be applied in this sort of a roleplay. Or perhaps the ideas of both getting rid of them or using them could be mixed, in a way. Certain faculty members deeming them as a distracting (and somewhat destructive) menace, while others wish to use them for wealth? Am I making any sense? ^^;

Cop shows are fun. xD
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:49 pm

Yes, you are! We're keeping up with each other which is a good thing.

So I was thinking instead of using some title, we could use a phrase of some sort. Like "My Twisted School Graduation" or something like that thanks to a friend of mine.
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Alright, good!

"My Twisted School Graduation" is actually very catchy. I'll try to think of more phrases like that, if you want me to. Smile

AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:38 am

Well it took a bit of etymology searching and theasarus clicking but I figured we can call our roleplay "Tyrhelwyr" which means God Hunters in two separate languages. Tyr means God in norse and helwyr means hunter in welsh. It sounds like an awesome justified translation, but it could have a tainted meaning...

Why? Because the corrupt faculty and their accomplices (rich business tycoons, fat millionaires etc) see the powerful gifted ones as gateways/keys/missing links to being absolutely powerful, to that of God(or gods) and are hoping to find a way to extract their powers in order to either put them in machines for individual use, or somehow separate the power from the body and then transfer it into another body. One of the opening news stories could be missing children and people around urban areas that are suddenly disappeared without a trace.

What do you think? Excited
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:50 am

Tyrhelwyr... It's an interesting name, and I'm completely fine with using it. I think that's a nice and ideal one to use, especially when given your explanation. It makes complete sense.

Oh, I really like that! Like perhaps the members of the faculty are taking unwilling, or perhaps with the correct use of persuasion, willing, gifted students to experiment and test these ideas of transferring and using their powers. This concept could most definitely be added in with the corruption, as I suppose that the faculty could convince gifted students to come with them by telling them they'd be better off without their ability in the world they live in-- or maybe that they'd receive some of the wealth by coming quietly. I'm tired, so I may be babbling nonsense, but I really love the idea!

AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:55 am

Isn't it? Thank you. And to add more to the fire, how about the students are told or hear random stories and rumors of how the powers are created or were first given by God/Gods or Angels themselves and that some students are even searching for such a beings existence to have their powers taken away, so they can be normal.

So the corrupt people aren't the only ones hunting "God" but the students in a way, are searching for them as well.

Angels could even be an enemy and allies of these kids since sharing blood or a promise with one can grant the person a chance to view the earth's past and possibly, the creation of the first gifted person and why it happened etc.

Anything you would like to add?
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:08 am

No problem, it's really an amazing idea. And that actually works well also.

Maybe if the students think they can possibly find this "God", and that it can rid them of their powers, perhaps it could add in with the rivalry. Like... Maybe the gifted students could almost compete in a way to see who can find this "God" first. Or just a challenge to see who can gain the most knowledge when it comes to how and why these students are the way they are. A person who could manage to do something like that would most definitely gain some sort of power, whether it be wealth or popularity.
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:15 am

Very nice, I shall have to include that idea too. As in there are some out there who know the TRUTH and are dangling it in front of those who want to know. But should the truth be? Hmmm..... pale

I shall work on the OOC now, but would it be alright it we don't start posting until Monday? I will take me at least a day to get this whole plot cleaned up and such.
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:18 am

Exactly... Ah, and that's something we'll have to work with. I'll try to brainstorm a few more ideas.

Oh yes, that's completely fine. I won't be around for most of tomorrow afternoon, so Monday sounds completely fine to me. Smile
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:22 am

Alright, we shall share any other ideas we come up with on monday before the OOC goes up then the rp. Sounds like a plan.

Looking forward to an awesome role play with you, Apple. You can call me RES, since it's way shorter.

Oh, and please think up some supporting characters your character might interact with in your posts, so we won't just be talking to each other the whole time. It could be teachers, best friends, family etc.

See you MONDAY!
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleMistress Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:26 am

Okay, sounds good!

Ditto! I'm excited. And RES it is, then.

Of course, I'll be sure to do just that! See you on Monday!
AppleMistress
AppleMistress
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down