FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School of Battle: A Casual, Persistent RP

Go down

School of Battle: A Casual, Persistent RP Empty School of Battle: A Casual, Persistent RP

Post by Chainlinc3 Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Unfortunately, as you may have seen here, I recently received word that the forum where my RPing career began has become almost completely stagnant. As such, I'm running off to try and revive it, and I figured that I'd link it here in case anyone wanted to help (or just see where Crazyhobo, Kingmaker, and I all hail from).

The School of Battle

It's a cliche name for a somewhat cliche forum, but the stories told there are (in my opinion) pretty awesome nonetheless. It is a modern setting with a fair amount of fantasy; as far as established canon goes, the School of Battle is a academy for students of all ages, teaching them combat of, well, basically whatever form is convenient for the person creating the character. The world at large does not know much, if anything, about the world of magic/futuristic technology/eldritch abominations that is day-to-day life at the school, although governments are apparently aware of the School and call upon their services occasionally. The students muck about in the typical heroic fashion, saving the world from destruction and all that jazz. The setting as a whole is not taken overly seriously; roleplayers will, on occasion, break the fourth wall for the sake of humor, explanation, or simple entertainment, and the stories often touch on the inanity of the whole setting. In character, the School is supposedly set on some sort of inter-dimensional focal-point, but that doesn't stop the students from commenting on how defending the free world, repelling alien invasions, and saving small woodland creatures is practically a routine for them.

As the title says, it is a very casual, persistent RP. In other words, when you make a character, you can use him/her/it for any number of threads within the School, which allows for some pretty awesome character development. The requirements are also fairly low length-wise, but many people routinely exceed them, and some authors will even ask for a minimum length for their threads beyond the official requirement. What this allows for is fast, light roleplays where the story unfolds at a brisk pace, but (generally) not so fast as to leave people behind (although there was a particularly busy period a couple summers back, when I first started... Good times...). The community is rather literate, and exceedingly friendly (well, except for one person, but he's the one who chases off the illiterate people who have yet to grasp the difference between numbers and letters).

Anyway, if anyone wants to drop in and check it out, we'd be glad to have you. If not... well, hey. I tried, and that's what counts. ^_^
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down