FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Write or Die - A Machine for Writers

3 posters

Go down

Write or Die - A Machine for Writers Empty Write or Die - A Machine for Writers

Post by xraineyesx Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:01 am

Hey all!

I've used this program for a while, but I thought I would share it with everyone else as I find it so helpful as a writer. It's called Write or Die and it's designed by "Dr. Wicked".

What it does is prod you to keep writing by harassing you every time you stop writing in varying degrees of annoyance depending on which mode you choose. The harder modes will start erasing what you're a writing one word at a time if you stop writing, which sounds terrible, but the point is for you to KEEP WRITING. And trust me, you keep writing once you see a couple of your precious words disappear.

To use it, you simply set a word goal, pick a time limit, and set a mode on the Write or Die machine. And then you write. Or else you suffer the consequences.

I personally write about 500 words in 10 minutes every time I use it. I find it so helpful. It might not be for everyone, but I thought I'd at least share.

You can find it here.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Write or Die - A Machine for Writers Empty Re: Write or Die - A Machine for Writers

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:19 am

I am so going to check that out. So interesting.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Write or Die - A Machine for Writers Empty Re: Write or Die - A Machine for Writers

Post by xraineyesx Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:43 am

I know! I'm not sure how I found it, but it's been extremely useful to me. It actually makes me productive.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:26 pm

I just saw this, and I really want to check it out. Not sure if I want to pay money (even $10) for the desktop edition though. I will try it out online first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 pm

I'm interested in this too. I've heard of something like this before. But thanks for link Smile
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down