FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gift of the Gods

4 posters

Go down

Gift of the Gods Empty Gift of the Gods

Post by Ruu Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:03 pm

The various nations of the Lyrian continent have always been a very religious people. They maintained that the gods were always at work in the lives of even the most ordinary of citizens. Peace treaties were established and wars declared according to the beliefs of the people and the values of their established gods. At the present, there are six major deities celebrated and venerated. Three are more aligned with lawful and peaceful principles, and they are known collectively as the Pax Trinity. The other three deities, known as the Kaos Triune, espouse a more anarchistic approach to their ways of life. Naturally, the nations who venerated the Pax Trinity joined together while those who worshipped the Kaos Triune formed a loose alliance.

For years war raged on continent until a shaky treaty was formed. No country would be able to attack another without fear of reprisal from all nations involved in the treaty. Sadly, this agreement was not to last. As mankind grew and flourished, they discovered Leylines, ancient sites of great power. Astrologers and seekers of knowledge eventually determined that these Leylines held a secret that would be terrible in the wrong hands. If the natural energy of each of the Leylines were unlocked, the location of the greatest Leyline of all would be revealed…The Leylines became jealously guarded, for fear that other nations would obtain their secrets. Soon, wars became the norm rather than the exception once again…

During this period of conflict, the Kaos Triune decided to bestow their powers on three human individuals, and through them they hoped to take the Leylines themselves, for the Leylines held a deep magic that extended further than the influence of the gods. The Pax Trinity would not tolerate this act of open defiance, and they gifted their own abilities to three humans they had specially chosen. Now, a race to unlock the secrets of the Leylines in the midst of a war-torn continent is on…Which side will you choose?

Pax Trinity

Alucio, God of Light, Peace, and Hope: HUMAN RESERVED

Nova, Goddess of Mental Energy, Truth, and Balance

Delphine, Goddess of the Earth, Life, and Growth: HUMAN RESERVED

Kaos Triune

Tynan, God of Darkness, War, and Despair: HUMAN RESERVED

Levina, Goddess of Lightning, Lies, and Instability

Xolotl, God of Fire, Death, and Decay

Basically I’m looking to fill the spots of the six humans gifted with the powers of the deities as they search for the secrets of the Leylines. Please note that the genders of the gods/goddesses don't have to match the genders of the humans chosen. I’m open to giving people creating their characters the opportunity to choose the powers they wish to develop (the humans won’t be able to use all the powers available to them all at once) or I can create the powers myself. If there is interest, I will post more details and an OOC.

Last edited by Ruu on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Gift of the Gods Empty Re: Gift of the Gods

Post by Nomad Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:45 pm

This does does interesting, and to be honest I haven't role-played in a long time. I would like to try my hand on the God of light as it best suits my nature as a nomad. I would normally pick the earth, but I only make guy characters.
Nomad
Nomad
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 pm

~Awesome! I'm glad to have someone interested! You'd be welcome to Earth if you'd like. The humans gifted with the powers of the gods/goddesses don't have to match the gender of the god/goddess. The gods and goddesses won't actually be playable. I hope that isn't too confusing.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:24 am

That would be perfect, and thank you for allowing me the earth position.
Nomad
Nomad
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:51 am

~No problem! Thank you for your interest! If three or four more people are interested, I'll post the OC.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:40 am

Just checking in to let you know I'm still interested.

I won't give up on this, and will support you and back you up where ever I can.
Nomad
Nomad
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:15 am

~Awesome! I really appreciate it Nomad!

You know, if there isn't anymore interest in this in a couple days, we could move this to private role-playing. Maybe we could both create one character from the Pax Trinity and one from the Kaos Triune and make the remaining two characters NPCs.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:51 pm

Indeed we could, as it seems some members would rather look at this and then take off.
Nomad
Nomad
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm interested but not sure I can dedicate the time. How far are you looking to take this?

PS: Nomad, your signature is spelled quite when, at least from context clues, it should be quiet.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:11 pm

It would be awesome if you could join Solrokr! As for time required, it would be nice if we could have posts a couple times a week, though I wouldn't be strict about it. If you mean total length of time to finish, I'm not sure how long it would take. It depends on how quickly posts are made and how the plot advances.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Alright, I'm in. I'll be Tynan's avatar.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:34 pm

~Awesome! Thanks very much! If we could get one more person (preferably from the Kaos Triune) then I'll post the OOC.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:55 pm

If push comes to shove, I don't mind being the only bad guy.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:18 pm

~Alrighties, as long as you don't mind. I would like to make the other characters that aren't taken NPCs just because they would be important to the overall story. I'll post the character creation form here at least so both of you can start thinking about your bio.

Name:
Appearance: (Picture or a paragraph description is fine)
Patron Deity: (Alucio, Nova, Delphine, Tynan, Levina, Xolotl)
Powers: (Make them reasonable and aligned with the god/goddess. The human hosts are much more powerful than normal human counterparts, but they aren't immortal like the gods/goddesses themselves. That being said, there are many different directions you can take these powers. I probably won't be too picky.)
Weapons: (If any)
Short bio:

EDIT: OOC is now up! Any suggestions are welcome!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:23 pm

I could be the evil fire guy. PM me a link to the OOC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:59 pm

It'd be awesome to have you on board. Here's the link to the OOC! http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4180-gift-of-the-gods-ooc

I already have created the fire host as an NPC, but you're completely welcome to make your own character. I'll just delete the one I have. I only made it because I didn't think anyone else was joining! Thanks so much for your interest!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildsword Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:52 pm

This sounds pretty cool, I'd be down to jump in!
Wildsword
Wildsword
Mist
Mist

Male

http://greyhiem@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down