FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple Mangled Miniplots!

Go down

Multiple Mangled Miniplots! Empty Multiple Mangled Miniplots!

Post by Pavement Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:08 am

I want a particular style from my partner. If you won't use the word ebony to describe your character's hair every damn paragrph, can give me a comprehensible post and average of four hundred to six hundred words ballpark for each post, and don't mind me only being able to post once a weekday at most, you will be fine in my book. Pm, email or topic are fine for me as far as format goes, also.

Granted, I’m somewhat dry on plots, but I have a few ideas which I'll explain below. I'm really open to suggestion. The only thing you would probably have a hard time influencing me to try are highschool roleplays, or anything with teen romance style vampires/fairy/demons/youkai. But admtiedly, I'm a sucker for the he words "influenced by The Saga of Tuck ".

Anyway, my own ideas (some can be combined with others):

1. Boss Battle Marathon

You ever play games like No More Heroes or Metal Gear Solid, and really appreciate boss characters. Even in their briefness, splendid characterization and development can be done! Essentialy I want to practice on my fighting , adaptively and ability to make characters. You would make the hero, while I’d play the antagonist, essentially. Tone and exact details are up for discussion.

2. Slacker Duo

Essentially something in the spirit of the likes of Wayne’s World, Clerks, and Tenacious D.

We’d each play a college student, with one probably being the straight man and other the space cadet. But much more important is that both would either have to start out as your average Joe or a bit of a loser. Even fi they don’t have a past together they would end up becoming roomies, and after a while of getting on each other’s nerves they would eventually feed of each other.

After that, things would probably go into a random events plot of sorts, going on epic quest such as searching for jobs, winning an arcade tournament, getting weed, and getting laid. However, things would get more serious after a point, both probably eventually flunking or dropping out of college. Sense would get knocked into them and would try to make a niche for themselves, opening up a modest business together like restaurant or convenience store.

A good twist would also be them going from a bromance to romance/ girlfriends to girlfriend and girlfriend after a certain amount of character development. However, their dynamic probably wouldn’t change much after becoming life partners.

3. Choose Your Own Adventure Style

One player acts as a DM of sorts who controls npcs, and generally describes the world the other player's character. The Dm might ask questions like "which road will you take" or "how to you plan on negociating". Obviously the hero player has bit of imaginative control, such as elaboration on what the DM may have only described vaguely. The object is to mantain a feel of the text adventure games of old like Zork and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

4. Kishoutenketsu

I‘d like to do a roleplay in a specific format consisting of a series mini scenarios that would last either four or eight post and would be centered around two character, probably friends, rivals or a couple. This would draw upon four-coma comic format, which draws upon Kishoutenketsu* , though it could necessarily have to be comedic. The reason for this format would be quick gratification. However, I’d be glad with these all being part of a main plot: an episodic format.

*Kishoutenketsu is a four part story structure. The four parts are introduction (ki), development (shou), turning point (ten), and resolution (ketsu).

Think Lucky Star...

5. Sorcerer’s Apprentice

A wizard finds an orphan and takes pity on the poor child and is housed and even trained by the master. However, one day when the wizard goes out on errands, the apprentice’s curiosity is peaked and s/he uses a left behind wand, runes, or whatever of the wizard. Things go horribly right until the master comes home, making things right, and hoping that the apprentice has finally learned the principal of equivalent exchange and that more practice needs to be done.

Eventually, the apprentice gets better over time and eventually goes solo, having learned most everything on the magical side things necessary. But when s/he starts dabbling in some of the darker arts, the students surpasses the master. Unfortunately, one of the side effects is a lost of control or possibly humanity.

The wizard eventually figures out about this and tries to take responsibility.

That's all folks. Seacrest, out!
Pavement
Pavement
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down