FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of a writing partner (or two)

2 posters

Go down

In need of a writing partner (or two) Empty In need of a writing partner (or two)

Post by Digital Muse Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:34 pm

So. Another One on One interest check. Why read on? Hell. I don’t know. Maybe you’re in need of someone literate, imaginative and willing to truly work to create a story that interests and involves you. Because that’s what I’m bringing to the table and hope to find in a writing partner.

Here’s the spiel;
Be literate. Spell-check people! It’s not that hard.
Be committed. If you can’t post, just tell me. I’m cool with that. But communicate!
Have your own ideas, I’m pretty imaginative, but would love some give and take from a true partner.
Romance is OK, even encouraged, but it is NOT the reason for the story.

That being said; plots. Well. That is the rub. There are things I gravitate to and things I do not. I’m old. I’m allowed to be opinionated.

Vampire anything? No. But modern Fantasy, yes. Think Dresden Files.
Futuristic Sci Fi? Yes.
Straight up Fantasy setting? Yes.
Multi-Verse travel? Definitely.
SteamPunk? Definitely yes.

I’ll entertain other suggestions as well, but for me, the characters drive the story. Throw something my way and I’ll listen.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

In need of a writing partner (or two) Empty Re: In need of a writing partner (or two)

Post by Gadreille Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:57 pm

I'd love to RP a modern fantasy or fantasy (or a mix of both) with you Digi. Do you have certain plots/settings/etc in mind? I've got to get Taeo to bed but I wanted to let you know before I hopped off for the night.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

In need of a writing partner (or two) Empty Re: In need of a writing partner (or two)

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:18 am

For a modern Fantasy, I do have a plot I can work with. It is modern day, but fantasy creatures live among us. The more numerous (Vampires, Shapeshifters and Fae) are living openly while the more nightmarish species live in the underground. Mages are powerful, but governed heavily by their own Council and strictly monitored.

Each race has their own governing body and despite giving lip service to the Human government, they pretty much do as they please. Because of this there is always a great deal of tension and distrust among the races.

The basic premise is that people are starting to turn up murdered in a ritualistic manner. Not humans this time; but from the different racces.

And we can take it from there. Ideas?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:54 am

I think that sounds like fun. This might be a silly question, but does the general (human) public know about these creatures, or is it still on the down low, with only a few humans who are aware of what is going on?

There is so much we can do with this, but I've got to let it set and rattle around in my brain for a bit before I can give any good ideas.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Generally, people do not know. Or they choose not to know. Some, like the Fae, use glamor to hide their activities. Vampires less so, but their nocturnal habits keep them from the public eye and since they drink blood,, of course, they don't want a public panic.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Alright, that was what I figured, but I didn't want to misinterpret "living openly".

So the world is somewhat like Dresden files? I read the first three books. We should have it set in Los Angeles or something. I'm familiar with the territory at least.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm not that familiar with LA, but as there will be sections of the city that are 'created' for the purposes of the story, that's fine.

WHat are you thinking for a character?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Oh yea I'm not that familiar with it. I just figured we could use some iconic stuff like DisneyLand or Downtown LA, or some of the beaches like Santa Maria. The rest can be made up.

I'm leaning toward shapeshifter. I would assume that shapeshifters could be a variety of animals, or did you have a specific one in mind? Also we may want to come up with some general descriptions of these fantasy races. We all know there are a lot of interpretations of vampire, fae, etc. Razz

If we are doing more than one character I might want to be a vampire as well.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Any species of animal can be a shapeshifter; wolves amd cats being the most common. As for the city, I was favoring San Francisco due to the history and Golden Gate Bridge. But it really makes little The races will be classic fairytale stuff. Vampires are suceptible to sunlight and fire. Go into a torpor when staked. They are repulsed by items of faith held by a believer (a cross held by someone that doesn't believe is just a piece of wood, otherwise).

Only very young or mentally unstable shapeshifters have trouble controlling their shape-shifting abilities.

The Fae are devious and secretive and prone to trickery. Any other suggestions can certainly be incorporated at will.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Alright, lets do San Fran. I'll be a either wolf or panther shapeshifter, haven't decided yet. I imagine that the shapeshifters would congregate near parks or more natural areas so that they can get away with their shifting.

I was thinking that the shifters would be parts of packs that are governed by a council that has a member from each pack. That would make their system in itself potentially unstable, and tossed with the ritualistic murders they will have to either work together or potentially fall apart at the expense of its people.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:10 pm

That works very well. Wolves are more prone to cooperate in packs while cats are more independent. But having a overall council they all participate in would make sense.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Do you want to have only one character for now? And which race is going to be hit first with a murder?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:28 pm

Well, I've been contacted by Dax regarding a RP I and M4Minions had tried similar to this previously. He's interested in reviving that, and with your OK, I'd like to do that.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Yes, lets! I look forward to it.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:43 pm

*smiles Alright. M4 and I will get to work on an Interest check for it.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:57 pm

If it is that Disappeared in London one, make sure you tell Loki you are restarting it! Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Oh yes it would be, only revamped and reworked. But you're right. I will. I liked his character
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down