FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weiss' Search for New Toys...

+2
Dax
Weiss
6 posters

Go down

Weiss' Search for New Toys... Empty Weiss' Search for New Toys...

Post by Weiss Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:22 am

So, this is basically going to be a general-purpose Interest Check thread for me to find people I'd like to roleplay with.

In the rules, you will find the absolute musts if you want to have a chance at roleplaying with me. These are not character traits that I desire. These are simply what they portend to be: rules of engagement. If you can't follow my rules, don't expect me to play nice.

Following the rules, there will be a section detailing the things I'm looking for in a roleplay and in a partner. Do not apply if you are not interested in the same things as me. Seriously, I don't want to waste my time with someone who's only half-interested in the subject material and simply wanted a crack at roleplaying with me because I'm Weiss.

The code word is 'Ballista'.

After the list of my wants and needs, you'll find my preconceived plots. This is where you may browse the roleplay concepts I have thought up recently and which are available for a one-on-one roleplay. If you see one that sparks your interest, you may apply for that roleplay directly.

Last but not least, you'll find the application process! Yes, I require applications. It's a very simple process and provides me with a clear-cut understanding of what you want and expect from me and our potential roleplay. If you fail to fill out the application properly, I won't so much as bother considering a roleplay with you. Keep that in mind.

The Rules

• I reserve the right to say no. The fact is, I won't be interested in keeping a roleplay alive if I'm not interested in my partner. When you express an interest in roleplaying with me, I will expect you to be a writer that meets or exceeds my standards as detailed later in this post. If I check your roleplay history here at FOG and find that you're lacking in certain fields, I may very well reject the idea of roleplaying with you. Yes, I am vain and egoistic, and not at all friendly.
  • Do not, under any circumstances, argue with me about my preferences. This thread is not here to debate why or why not in the realm of what Weiss wants. It's here because I don't feel like looking through Interest Checks only to be disappointed or demotivated. The fact is, I want someone who is confident that they can be all that I'm looking for, or at least come close, and who is actively interested in roleplaying with me.
  • Don't expect particularly speedy posts. Generally speaking, you're lucky if I post within a week. Sometimes it takes two weeks. If you want me to post more quickly, talk to me outside of the roleplay. I feel a great deal more motivated to post for people if they speak to me regularly, as opposed to some faceless name that simply responds to the posts I make.
  • If you speak to me regularly, you also reserve the right to prod me for posts. If it's been three days and I haven't posted, threaten me with bodily harm! I don't mind it. Those kinds of things keep me from forgetting. The real code word is 'Odin'.
  • You must contribute to all facets of the roleplay! I cannot express this enough. I'm completely fed up with being the person who decides everything. A roleplay between two people becomes incredibly boring when one is making all the decisions and creating all the landscapes and characters and developments and conversations while the other does a three-paragraph recap and spouts two lines about how they're feeling.
  • Applications are to be submitted to this thread. Do not PM me your application. If you do, I will delete it from my inbox and not bother responding.

What I Want

Key:
    GRN: highly desired
    GRY: less desired
    RED: absolute must
    WHT: moderately desired

Setting
    • Alternate World \ Medieval
    • Alternate World \ Science Fiction
    • Alternate World \ Modern
    • Alternate World \ Post-Apocalyptic
    • Earth \ Medieval
    • Earth \ Victorian
    • Earth \ Post-Apocalyptic
    • Space \ Sci-Fi

Genre
    • Dimensional Travel
    • Fantasy \ High
    • Fantasy \ Dark
    • Fantasy \ Modern
    • Multi-genre Epic
    • Post-Apocalyptic
    • Romance
    • Science Fiction
    • Steampunk
    • Supernatural

Partner
    • Adaptive
    • Confident
    • Cooperative
    • Creative
    • Descriptive
    • Experienced
    • Female
    • Fun!
    • Fluent \ Grammar
    • Fluent \ Spelling
    • Interesting
    • Perseverant

Weiss' Plots

1. Des Menis e'Kora
Tags:
  • Alternate World
  • Steampunk
  • Action/Adventure

Synopsis:
Spoiler:

Application Process

1. Why do you wish to roleplay with me?

2. Are you applying for a game from Weiss' Plots? If so, which one?

3. If not, what combination of Setting and Genre are you most interested in?

4. From my list of desirable qualities, are there any areas in which you feel you may fall short? If so, which ones?

5. Provide a link to the roleplay post from Footsteps of Ghosts which you feel best exemplifies your talent as a writer.

6. What's the code word?

Availability Listing

Digital Muse [OOC]
wakeangel

Legend
    Available Slot
    In Development
    In Progress
    Pending Contact

Last edited by Weiss on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:42 am; edited 5 times in total
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Weiss' Search for New Toys... Empty Re: Weiss' Search for New Toys...

Post by Dax Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Why not?
Normally I would have probably left it at that but then I thought I had to point something out: I don’t really care who you are. I don’t care that you’re an Administrator or that your name is written in blue and status is never the reason I want to RP with someone. I guess I should also say that I like apocalypses.

Well, there aren't any up at the moment and that is just as good. I rather make one up. I like adding my extra ‘Humph’ to it.

Setting:
Alternate World - Post-Apocalyptic (and Earth Post-Apocalyptic)
Earth - Victorian
Space - Sci-Fi (Something along the borders of the MMorpg EVE, Starwars and maybe StarTrek... or a Universe created from scratch)

Genre:
Post-Apocalyptic (Obviously)
Multi-Genre Epic
Science Fiction
Supernatural

There. That is a summary of what I liked and am interested in based off your suggestions and wants.

4. From my list of desirable qualities, are there any areas in which you feel you may fall short? If so, which ones?
I may find trouble with the female part. Sorry buddy can't help you there. And no, I won't wear a dress but maybe I will wear a blonde wig. If you ask nicely.

5. Provide a link to the roleplay post from Footsteps of Ghosts which you feel best exemplifies your talent as a writer.
.... Take your pick Cool. But, if you insist on just one: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/advanced-role-playing-f14/immortal-vindication-t2904.htm#68017. It is my most recent post.

6. What's the code word?
Presuming you weren't telling a white lie or playing with my mind? Gilgamesh. (Err, what or who is a Gilgamesh?? Sounds like a big green blob of ooze to me...)

Last edited by Dax on Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:13 pm

1 - Why do you wish to roleplay with me? I am also looking for a one on one role play partner who is a serious writer with whom I can create a story and who will challenge me to improve my craft.

2 – Are you applying for a game from Weiss’ Plots? If so, which one? The multi-genre epic idea appeals if by that you are referring to a single character being dumped into different worlds or times far removed from their own.

3 – If not, what combination of Setting and Genre are you most interested in? I have always had a fascination with modern fantasy such as The Dresden Files, so that in particular interests me. Shows/movies such as Twighlight or any Vampire book series do not interest me in any way. I am also a fan of Steam Punk, but have found few fleshed out worlds in which to play.

4 – From my list of desirable qualities, are there any areas in which you feel you may fall short? If so, which ones? Truthfully no. I find all the qualities you list are part of my personality.

5 – Provide a link to the roleplay from Footsteps of Ghosts which you feel best exemplifies your talent as a writer. http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/advanced-role-playing-f14/sephiris-the-price-of-peace-t629.htm#30395

6 – What’s the code word? Gilgamesh. Yes I know who he is.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Copper.eyes Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Well you fascinate me really kind of point blank but you do, and I’m new to this site and can honestly tell you I don’t give a rats ass what you are on the internet as long as your characters have a soul.

You don’t have any…o-0

I really would love an Earth \ Post-Apocalyptic due to the fact that I have two plot type things.

Well… this might be the deal breaker here…my grammar isn’t the best thing sense sliced bread. I’m trying to get better at it but it’s still a work in progress.

This may or may not also be a deal breaker. I have none, seeing as I just started earlier today. However I do write books and I have one up on the web if you want that to show you what I can do… not that it will show much.

6. What's the code word?

Gilgamesh
Copper.eyes
Copper.eyes
Mist
Mist

Female

http://childrenofimmortality.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:00 am

Honestly? You seem like you'd be a challenging partner, and I find that...intriguing.
As there are none yet, no.
Earth Post-Apocalyptic, possibly including romance (depending on the characters and storyline)
Sometimes the millions of possibilities swirling around in my head make it difficult for me to settle on a starting point for a role play, but once I have one, ideas build on ideas, plots thicken and characters take on deeper nuances. Other than that, I can be everything you want in a partner.
Recent post
6. What's the code word?
Gilgamesh
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:57 am

What plots do you have?
Are there any posts you have as a writing sample?
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down