FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A big welcome to our newest IC Mod: Weiss!

+7
Ragter the junior greeter
Loki
Kalon Ordona II
Reffy
Tempest
Weiss
Fate Flyer
11 posters

Go down

A big welcome to our newest IC Mod:  Weiss! Empty A big welcome to our newest IC Mod: Weiss!

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:33 am

I have spoken with Weiss about a possible "job" opportunity here, and ironically enough, right after we exchanged PMs on the matter, LunarScorpio resigned from her position as IC Mod. As such, onenitedrive and myself have decided to hire on Weiss to join our staff! Not only has he clearly shown promise and devotion here amongst us on the boards, but, as he's told me, he has previous moderating and even administrating experience, which should help him further go a long way.

I am pleased to have him on our team, and I'm also glad that Eternity now has another person to work alongside! Wink Welcome, Weiss! We look forward to working with you!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

A big welcome to our newest IC Mod:  Weiss! Empty Re: A big welcome to our newest IC Mod: Weiss!

Post by Weiss Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:55 am

[Takes a shallow bow.] I've heard the position is cursed, but perhaps my own curse will be powerful enough to negate the effect. Regardless, I look forward to working with everyone, and I thank you for the opportunity.

Creating a thread for this was completely unnecessary, though...
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

A big welcome to our newest IC Mod:  Weiss! Empty Re: A big welcome to our newest IC Mod: Weiss!

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:57 am

Whatever your supposed curse is, let's hope it scares away the one that may be haunting the IC position. Wink

Of course it wasn't!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:17 am

I'm the Grim Reaper of Roleplays. If I join an RP, it dies. I suppose that makes it quite ironic that I'm an IC Moderator, but perhaps that's my destiny. Maybe I'm meant to arbitrarily moderate the threads while remaining detached from them, so as to maintain complete objectivity while performing my duties.

[Grabs his scythe and floats through the IC threads in a seemingly harmless fashion.]

It really was. Besides, now everyone knows about me! I can't do any undercover work, now! I was going to infiltrate the enemy lines, seize the garrisons, diminish their supplies, assassinate their generals, eat their Cheez-Its!
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:24 am

Welcome to the Staff Weiss! Good to have you on board!
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Congrats Weiss! I'm sure you will do great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Graties! Flirt

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Thank you, everyone. Happy to be on board. I will do my best to live up to your expectations, so do me a favor and expect as little as possible!

I kid, I kid. I am glad that I received the position, though, and I will certainly try to help keep this place pristine and running smoothly.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:59 pm

Whoo, perfect choice!! cheers
Congratulations, Weiss!

I was actually thinking about asking to fill the spot, but I'm not experienced at moderating at all.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:17 pm

There will be plenty more opportunities to become a staff member here as time goes on! Very Happy For the next official hiring for each position, I will be creating a thread about it so that people can apply for whichever position they so choose. This will of course come once FOG continues to grow and more assistance is needed.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:59 pm

Loki dons his lab coat, Einstein wig, and retractable pointer.

Speaking from a purely mathematical and scientific standpoint, we can assume that curses are negative things. Therefore, applying a negative power (i.e. the cursed IC Mod position) to a negative value (i.e. the cursed member) actually lessens the overall effectiveness of the combined curses. Since you have proclaimed that your curse affects every RP that you join, I believe it is safe to say that that is the situation of this instance.

I have derived a simple formula for this case to help portray this clearly.

Overall Curse Effectiveness [OCE] = n^p

Where n equals your number of successful RPs minus the number of RPs that died once you joined; and that p is the number of mods that have been assigned to this position. Since the position is cursed, p will be multiplied by a -1 since most will agree that curses are typically negative.

Although I do not know the actual number of RPs that have succeeded or died in your history, I’ll simply assign an arbitrary -50 for the value of n.

Plugging into the equation we get the following:

(-50)^(-3) = -1/125000 = -0.000008

As you can see, not only is the OCE mostly insignificant, but it also has a negative value. This means that you are actually going to be the opposite of cursed, or fortunate if you will, in this assigned position. Now suppose you were not cursed while the position itself remained cursed, this is done by changing n from a negative to a positive:

(50)^(-3) = 1/125000 = 0.000008

As you can plainly see, even if you were not cursed, the curse of the position negates even the best RPer, since no matter how good they are, the OCE will never actually reach zero. Actually, it is quite fortunate that you have been assigned to this position in your cursed state while third in line, for it could have been quite disastrous had you been an uncursed individual.

As you may have noticed in my previous example, the worse a non-cursed member becomes at RPing while in that position, the more effective the curse becomes. Now if said member was to become a neutral RPer as far as fortune is concerned (i.e. n becomes 0), then the OCE approaches infinity which could very well tear a hole in the forum time-space continuum, causing FoG to implode onto itself bringing the entire internet with it. Or so I theorize.

However!

Since you are a cursed member, the better you become at RPing, the closer you come to being a neutral RPer. As this happens, the OCE drops drastically until n reaches 0, in which case the OCE approaches negative infinity. At this point, I theorize, the curse becomes so weak that it becomes unable to sustain itself, therefore breaking the curse on both the member and the position at that precise moment.

Loki collapses his pointer for effect.

Therefore it is your goal quest destiny to free FoG, and the rest of the internet, from the threat that this cursed position poses!

God speed my friend, the fate of the eWorld rests in your hands!

Last edited by Loki on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:05 pm

Oh my gosh, Loki that was aMAZING!!

Fate! I need that one bowing smiley!

*bow* *bow* *bow*
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Loki, you are a genius! That was incredible! Very Happy

Oh, you're right! I added two different types of bowing smilies.
Bow 2
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:12 pm

*scratches his head* Huh?

Uh, anyways, congrats Weiss...

*goes to take some aspirin*
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:02 am

Loki, that was so epic that I'm having trouble responding properly. I don't even know what to say. I'm entertained, amused, flabbergasted and humbled all at once.

Alas, one thing is certain: I have been presented with the greatest challenge of my eLife! I will rise to meet this unseen foe head-on and overcome this trial, like all others that have stood upon my path to victory!
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ab'Sinthe Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:33 am

I think Loki just won the internet.. o_o

edit; oh, btw. Congarats Weiss ^^ Love you name btw, reminds me of that dude from FFVII: Dirge Of Cerberus

Last edited by Ab'Sinthe on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops..)
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

https://www.youtube.com/NoOoDLe666

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:45 am

I refrained from reading that because I didn't want a headache. But, finally forcing myself to sit down and read through it, I can only say: "Loki, you are a genius. Only you can make math fun!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:46 am

Why am I so late finding this? *sighs and smacks self*

Hi Weiss. I'm so glad to have yet another new friend to work alongside me. I need someone, because though I linger in the IC board like a disease and stick my nose in just about everyone's roleplays, I have not a bit of common sense. Maybe you can be my better half. The Grim Reaper Weiss. Don't feel bad.

I don't know why they say the position is cursed anyway. I mean, look at me. I'm still here.

*hides the plague spreading on her hands by putting them behind her back*

Anyways, welcome welcome. I'd shake your hand, but uh, *cough* there's no curse here. I'm just germophobic?

Lol.

~Eternity
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Grats!

Yes, that is all I have to say, Grats. I too took long to discover this. Anyway, Weiss, good luck with your new position.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Loki wrote:Now if said member was to become a neutral RPer as far as fortune is concerned (i.e. n becomes 0), then the OCE approaches infinity which could very well tear a hole in the forum time-space continuum, causing FoG to implode onto itself bringing the entire internet with it. Or so I theorize.
Whoa That whole post was epic, but this part Lol Above was great! ROFL 2

Welcome to the staff, Weiss Coolio

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:10 pm

@Eternity: Maybe you, like me, have your own curse that is nullifying the effects of the cursed position? On the other hand, it could simply be that you've been accepted by the position, so you didn't get cursed to begin with. Maybe, though - just maybe - you're the one who's been killing off all of the other IC Mods all along!

No, no, I'm sure that can't be right.

Anyway, I look forward to working with you. I like to think I have plenty of common sense, so I will certainly try and help you through any rough patches. In return, you can be the Public Relations Representative, since communication is undoubtedly my weak point.

@Everyone: Thanks. I will do my best to perform my duties admirably.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:36 am

Congratulations, Weiss. You guys make me want to be a moderator for the sole purpose of having a nifty, noble set-up. XD

Anyway, I think it's just IC Moderator Position #2 that is cursed, for Eternity has been there for... eternity... /pun

Anyway, even if she was the one killing off the rest, her attempt to kill you would be nullified for you are the Grim Reaper. XD

Anyway! I hope you enjoy your position, and I hope that Loki with his... insane... logical... weirdness is correct in his theory that you will remain and you will be great. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:58 am

I could make a set for you if you like, Kathryn. Smile
I won't be able to make something like what Weiss did, but maybe something similar to what I made for Fate all those months ago. (dunno if you remember it...) You know, with one of these portraits I make. Smile

To be on topic, allow me to just say that Weiss already is doing an awesome job as an IC Mod! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:10 am

Do you mean the FoG Mother set-up you made for her? That one was really nice. However, for the time being, I'm quite attached to my Waterbender set-up. Perhaps in the future if I want a change, I'll enlist your help. ^o_~^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:55 am

Yup, that's the one! ^_^
You do have a pretty awesome set-up already.
I'll be here, should such a time come upon ye. ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down