FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Irresistible Quest - OOC [closed]

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

An Irresistible Quest - OOC [closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: An Irresistible Quest - OOC [closed]

Post by Gadreille Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:41 pm

That's alright Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

An Irresistible Quest - OOC [closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: An Irresistible Quest - OOC [closed]

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:02 pm

posted. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:06 pm

I will get a post up soon. I think you will all be a bit surprised at what the man does Excited
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Oh, wow. Talk about "passing the torch". I guess it ends with them now. If they were to, hypothetically, all fail and die, any group that was gathered by the prophesy dudes to try again - if it were still an option - would have to start from scratch, since this guy has given our group basically everything.

Very dramatic and foreboding way to start their quest, lol. ^.^

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Smile

There is another motive to it as well, but it goes with what you say. He's put all the eggs in their basket.

Since Lyka is a medium, if he doesn't let his soul leave their world then he may "be with them" in a sense. A good back up plan for if something happens to the book, or if he thinks of something important post humously. Maybe we can think of more reasons of why having his ghost around will do us good. Gives us another pawn to work with.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Oh, indeed! Very good idea. I'm sure we'll come upon situations where we'll need help figuring things out and he'll be a convenient lifeline to call upon.

I don't know, I can see something with the book being a very plausible reason to keep him around. Also he may feel reluctant to leave them behind without being sure they'll succeed(he didn't seem to have much faith in them, lol) and the whole quest seems like something he was very invested in. So, he could just stick around to ensure that they have the best possible chance of not only surviving but completing what he was called upon to do. Otherwise, he and all his men and everyone who went before them would have died in vain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:27 am

Don't mean to double post but- OMG! Kail! XD I friggin' adore you, man!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:46 am

Oh dear, I should have expected that one coming Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Hey, I had an idea of something we could eventually face on our quest. I'm just gonna throw it out there and see what you guys think or if it's something you'd like to do.

What if, in a valley along the route we'll be going, we come upon a geographically secluded village. There are very few people there, a small group of no more than 20-40 left, and they're all either completely lacking hope or filled with constant fear. The reason for this is a raging group of madman is terrorizing them, every so often descending upon the small village and taking away a few people never to be seen or heard from again.

In their lair up in the crags of this valley, they literally prey upon these people, driven by the evil in this land that has infected them, causing them to become cannibals. They keep a hold on the village people and kill any who try to escape - although they don't much bother with newcomers, fresh meat and all that, but will not let even them leave. And we eventually learn that these men tainted and insane because of the evil, use to be regular men from this village.

So, what do you think? Something we wanna do, or no? And any additions/changes, etc. you wanna make to the idea, would be fine. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:17 pm

Wow that is awesome! It has sort of a Reavers feel, if you are familiar with Firefly/Serenity. I like it! Would we be able to "cure" them, or just have to destroy them? We also need a plan about the survivors. Do we leave them there, send them to Elitin, or do any of them even make it?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:46 pm

I don't think we could be able to cure the "crazy" people in the hills and I doubt that my character would really give two shits about curing or saving the people. The people in the village... I dunno. Would the really want to leave their home? Even though the place is horrible and evil it is still their home.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Firefly reference for the win! cheers

(sorry it took me so long to respond, I'm usually very prompt. I had been losing my mind about a lost post =( )

As far as curing them, the way I thought of it was they'd be infected by something in the land. As for what it exactly IS, I haven't made up my mind. It could be a disease from an evil tainted animal - maybe the evil boss in this part of the land infects carnivorous creatures, like rats, wolves, spiders, snakes, ravens, etc. and if they bite humans, it spreads like rabies might but it's not fatal and instead causes dementia and rage. In that case, I would think it would most likely not be curable and once we've killed the infected parties, we'd have to hunt down the creature(s) that started it all.

Or, another option I thought of was maybe the madmen were a band of hunters from the town out searching the steppes for food and they came upon an ancient artifact. Anyone who came into contact with it became possessed by the evil - maybe there's a spirit or something inside the artifact. In that case, I would assume it could be curable if we destroyed the artifact or got rid of the spirit possessing it somehow.

As for the survivors in both scenarios, I kind of thought of it like Kail. They will most likely not want to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:22 pm

I like both options, but the second option seems...more likely to be able to defeat. Either way, we should definitely do this.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:39 am

So does everyone want to know how sad my life is? I rushed home from a very rare (and I do mean rare) early night from work. I passed up the offer to go get some drinks (and when I say drinks I mean we each buy a bottle of our favorite liquor and sit around drinking, shooting pool, and trying to play darts which turns into a game of "who can hit the big bastard with a dart before he breaks the pool stick over your head") so I could get home and read a post. Well... Needless to say I come home and nothing. Yep... Below this comment you can all mock me.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:18 am

Lol, I totally empathize. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Bird of Hermes wrote:With packing for school and some relatives coming in, it looks like I won't be around for the next week.

That's why she hasn't posted.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Yeah I figured it was something like that. No worries.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Yes. I barely get on enough to read posts right now. '0v0'

Once school starts, I will have a more consistent schedule.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:16 pm

It's OK BoH we understand. Or at least I do. I think you broke Kail's heart though ^_^
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:18 pm

No worries here, either. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Yes. My heart is broken. But I'm sure some vodka and a little TLC from a Rugby match will fix it all. I completely understand BoH. School, work, and all that does come first that this online "life".

But seriously... My heart is broken. Sad
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Hey, BoH, would you mind if I went ahead and posted? I would like to respond to Kail, and keep this RP active Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Yes. You can post. I have been really busy lately with all sorts of craziness and I don't know when I can post again. Hopefully, I can find some more time soon.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Alright, thanks BoH.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:29 pm

Its cool BoH. Even though you broke my heart, I think I can forgive you.

But seriously, we all understand about busy life. Take care of business and we will see you back here when you can.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:22 pm

So, sorry to double post, but should I post a reply to the newest message?
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Yea, I'd say so. Then we can let TotE post and hopefully, BoH if she is ready.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Sounds good

EDIT:

Sorry it took so long for me to post such a short response, I had somethings to take care of. But! I got a post up! cheers
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:12 pm

I'll post in just a short while. Finishing up a post for another role-play at the moment. Just letting you guys know I'm still in this and haven't forgotten/ignored you. >,<

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:18 pm

That's fine! I know I let it sit for a while myself, but I wanted to give Bird of Hermes a chance.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next