FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quest RP

3 posters

Go down

Quest RP Empty Quest RP

Post by Gadreille Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:03 pm

I'd like a somewhat faster paced RP. The goal of this role play is to finish it; so please don't bother asking to RP if you have a tendency to get bored and abandon RPs. I will take into account your activity here on FOG, past and present. That means if you are in many RPs right now I might not accept you.

I feel like role plays are better if all players get to create the plot, so that is open, but I basically want it to be a quest, straight up from D&D or Diablo. Players meet in a town, start kicking monster butt, eventually find the big big boss and destroy it...and wherever we go from there. Magic, mystery, romance, drama, warfare and more are all accepted and encouraged.

I won't accept more than three people (a total of four including myself). Again, I really want a long term partner who is dedicated to the story, so please think about not only your activity now but what it might be in the future.

Kail DeWraith has been accepted.
Bird of Hermes has been accepted.
Time of the Eye has been accepted.

Character Sheet

Name:
Race:
Class:
Homeland:
Personality:
Weapons:
Armor:
Inventory:
Skills (magical):
Skills (physical):
History:

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Quest RP Empty Re: Quest RP

Post by Gadreille Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Name: Lyka Gala

Race: Human

Class: Mage/Magi

Specialty: death

Homeland: Tikhiti, a southeastern desert land

Physical Description:

Magi Gala is short, reaching about five feet in height. She has long black hair that is tied back in a braid. She is thin, and her skin and eyes are dark, all necessary traits to survive in the desert. She is very weathered in appearance; there is nothing striking about her in terms of beauty, though if she had not taken the path of the death mage she might have been beautiful.

Personality:

Lyka is quiet, with a sense of humor that has been buried during her wandering. While acting as a medium between the spirits of the dead and the living, she is careful about how she acts and what she reveals depending upon her opinion in the matter and what she thinks will bring her more money. She has not, as of yet, outright lied to a customer.

Weapons:

Pair of bone daggers

Armor:

• Leather armour with beetle hide reinforcement, a Tikhitian specialty
• leather gloves, boots and belt
• beetle hide mask

Inventory:

• up to 8 poison flasks
• journal
• book of portals
• food/water rations

Skills (magical):

• Medium/spiritualist
• Corpse Manipulation – possession, explosion, plague
• Soul Harvest – suck life out of enemy

Skills (physical):

• Poison Alchemy (dependent on inventory)
• Close combat, wielding dual daggers

History:

Everywhere Lyka goes, fear precedes her. Those who understand who she is make sure to give her a wide berth, viewing her as a monstrosity, a unit of evil that is not to be tampered with. Only those desperate enough, distraught with grief, dare to approach her, where she uses her medium skills as a paid service. It is not a fear of power; rather a fear of rejection. She hardly survives off of spiritualist work, and if a disease breaks out during her presence, she is always blamed. She is a wanderer, and has been for eight years, never staying in one place for long. She allows people to believe these stereotypes of evil because she is not in want of company, and does not know how to battle these rumors that have scarred her position long before she was around. It is important to note that though she deals with death, she is not in league with the darkness that had long ago taken over the world she was born into. Briefly she toyed with the idea of paid assassin, and has brought plague curses upon people who she was paid to kill. However, she had trouble killing people who she felt did not deserve death; so she does not frequently act as paid assassin, though if the offer was great enough she might comply.

Upon completion of her Magi schooling she left the desert lands of Tikhiti to find peace in life, if that is possible for someone of her status. Death Magi are few and far between, and are praised within Tikhiti but feared without. She had no choice but to follow the specialty that she was destined to be, for fate decides the path of a Tikhitian mage, and hers was death. She has been to many places and has travelled home many times to see her family, seeking solace in the one place in the world where she is readily accepted. Her homeland is poor and her wanderings are in search for money and glory so that Tikhiti might once again prosper. She had just wandered in to (town we decide to meet up at) when she realized that she might have a purpose beyond her most wild imaginations; talk of tracking down the source of the darkness has led her there, where she finds warriors amassing in an attempt to destroy the evil darkness once and for all.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Quest RP Empty The Berserker

Post by Kail DeWraith Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:25 am

Here we go, hope this works!

----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Zerathok Uomo

Class: Berserker

Homeland: Pullus, a massive Northern port city

Physical Description: Tall, dark, and handsome? Not really Zerathok. Definitely tall and dark but his constant horrible demeanor makes him far from handsome. Standing close to six and a half feet tall, with broad shoulders, and a muscular frame Zerathok is everything a Berserker is thought to be. His long silver hair, part of his berserker “curse”, is worn in a ponytail. His blue eyes are cold and often very blood shot because of his unnatural bloodlust. His clothing is simple, wool pants, high leather boots, and a dark silk shirt along with a black bandana tied around his neck. His body is covered in Minotaur tattoos and scars from his many battles.

Personality: Self loathing explains Zerathok almost perfectly. He is often haunted by the things he has seen in war and by the orders he has carried out for his superiors in the name of some higher power and always for the greater good. While he is sober, Zerathok is very quiet often taking in everything around him. While he is drunk, the Berserker is normally loud and obnoxious, ill tempered, and always wanting some sort of confrontation.

Weapons:

-Great Sword
-Dirk
-Spiked Gauntlets

Armor:

-Dwarf made suit of plate armor

Inventory:

-Small knife
-Flint
-Water bladder
-Pipe and pipe weed

Skills (magical):

-Battle Lust (could also be physical, not really sure what this would fall under)

Skills (physical):

-Basic survival skills in the wilds
-Master Swordsman
-Extremely skilled at unarmed combat
-Proficient at most other weapons

History:

Growing up as a child, Zerathok had always had silver hair. Many people thought his mother an adulterous whore who had ran away from her husband to sleep with an Elf that lived close to where he had grown up. That was far from the truth. Zerathok had been cursed with an incurable bloodlust that would later show itself when he would enlist in the Queens Royal Army. Zerathok enlisted at the 15, he lied about his age, to go off and fight in the Minotaur wars. Being so young Zerathok had romantic thoughts of war and what he thought he was doing. Little did he know that his service in the Queens army for the next 6 years would leave him scarred, both physically and spiritually, for the rest of his existence.

During the Minotaur Wars, Zerathok and his Legion were entrenched in a heavy battle. He was taken captive by the Minotaurs and forced to fight in their sadistic colosseum like games. Here, while being a slave, Zerathok learned of his curse as a berserker. The bloodlust he now hates allowed him to survive the first years of his slavery. The savagery of the “small” human was a delight to the ferocious Minotaurs, so much that they would force Zerathok to fight several times a week whether he was in perfect health or not. Fighting close to a thousand battles while in captivity, Zerathok would eventually be released as a free man having more than earned his freedom.

8 long years in captivity, along with his time spent as a foot soldier, had twisted the once innocent boy into a haunted a man who despised everything he had become. For the last three years, Zerathok has wandered from town to town as drunk and has sold his sword to the highest bidder; always praying that he would eventually meet his die a miserable and bloody death.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:12 pm

I think it is great! After BoH puts up her character sheet we can discuss our plot and current setting. This also gives time for one more person to join, if someone wishes to.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:27 pm

I'm interested in joining this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Alright, you are accepted. Good to have you!

Feel free to start on your character sheet. I do believe BoH is going to be an archer, just so you know. If you have any questions you may PM me or post them here!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Alright, here's mine. Anything needs changing, just let me know! Razz

———————

Name: Padan

Class: Rogue

Homeland: Sorbold, religious capital of the continent

Physical Description:

Tall and lanky to the point where he almost appears to be a walking skeleton. He has fair skin and hair that is dirty blonde, cropped short against his scalp, and green eyes. His face is long and angular, with a stubbled covered chin and a ready smile that is usually crooked to show a decent set of teeth. He possesses a soothing voice that can grow deep or higher depending on the emotion being expressed.

Personality:

Very laid back and relaxed, he lives life on the edge. Can be charming and witty, but is most of the time crude and sleazy. Is a fast talker, and he has an extreme love for wine, women and gambling, and often cheats or steals for the thrill. It doesn't mean he is without honor albeit a warped moral code, but in most situations he is looking out for himself and to hell with everybody else(unless helping them out benefits him in the long-run). He has a habit of getting into trouble but is pretty lucky and clever so has little difficulty in getting himself out of it by the skin of his teeth. He likes to tell stories and lie, at times self-deprecatory and others seeming pompous and arrogant. He does not like the ocean or boats and the only time he ever seems to get ill-tempered is when he's forced to travel over water.

Weapons:

• rapier
• dagger

Armor:

• light leather armor
• heavy clothes - multiple hidden pockets

Inventory:

• miscellaneous trap items
• lock picking kit
• small mirror(a hand-sized square piece)
• pair of loaded die and a pair of normal die
• pack of playing cards

Skills (magical): None

Skills (physical):

• making and finding traps
• picking locks
• thief
• stealth
• evasion
• can use the weapons he owns fairly well

History:

An orphan, Padan grew up in the underbelly of the city, Sorbold. A beacon of religious grandeur and holiness on the outside, the inner streets are darker and meaner full of crime and seedy characters. At the age of 9 he'd become a skilled pickpocket and thief and a well-known Rogue, Damon, took him under his wing for a few years, training him in his "craft". At first, the only reason the man took him in was because of the boy's scrawny stature, enabling him to get into a impenetrable rooms through small spaces. Eventually, he took pride in teaching the lad and seeing him succeed in the lifestyle and grew fond of him. However, when Padan reached the age of 13, Damon's life took a turn for the worst as his gambling debts rose and the loan sharks came after him. Having used up the trust and friendship he could from allies, he and Padan fled the city with a merchant caravan and traveled the world for a while.

In Sorbold, Damon had introduced Padan to the world of gambling and gaming but did not start training him how to play and win - and cheat - until they began traveling with the caravans. Also in their travels, Damon hired himself out as a mercenary to protect merchants' goods and ended up training Padan to use a sword as well. They never stayed with one caravan for too long before moving onto the next, lest the other mercenaries and merchants realize how he'd swindled them in games of dice and cards. By the age of 15 Padan had grown pretty skilled with these games and several others, mostly benefiting from games where he was able to use his altered dice and cards. When Padan was 19, Damon returned to Sorbold with a new identity, following rumors that there was new leadership in the Underground and hoping to reestablish himself among their fellow thieves again. But all his old "friends" were still around, waiting for him and killed him, forcing Padan to flee the city one last time, alone.

He travels with caravans like he had with Damon, going from city to city and stealing and cheating his way through life. He'll often go for that one last risk he shouldn't take and get burned for it, having to flee, penniless, to the next town or city where he repeats the cycle again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:50 pm

looks great! We still need BoH character sheet but if you guys would like we may begin discussing setting and plot. Basically we need to agree on some sort of place to begin our quest, and map out a general idea of where we want to go, what sort of monsters we meet along the way, and who it is we are going after (the big boss). We can start with as little or as much info as you guys think we need.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:18 pm

Hm, well, where would be an opportune meeting place? And should we all meet at the same time or progressively?

My first thoughts was a city or town of some kind in a tavern(just because that's where my character would most likely hang out ^^; ) but they could just as easily meet on the road(my first thought with this was a situation like a forest well-known to be a hiding place of brigands and one of our characters gets cornered by them and draws the attention of the rest of us as we're passing through at the same time). Another thought I had was a small town with very few people in it and some guards/monsters who work for the bad guy come passing through and make trouble while all our characters happen to be there and we get involved in some way and it ends with us going together or something.

I'm not sure about the other stuff as of yet, but that's my input. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:43 am

I will try and get my character sheet up here by tomorrow night.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:18 am

We could possibly ask some questions that would help us create what is going on and who the "big bad boss" should/could be.

-Is there any wars? Rumor of wars?

-Plagues or the like going on?

-What kind of fantasy-esque creatures are we going to encounter?

I did have this idea that crossed my mind during a long night of drinking. What if we are all brought together by a person/thing that has an ulterior motive. They hire (or entice) us into under going this massive quest to strike down the "big bad boss". After its all said and done, after the long road, we all figure out the bastard who hired us is the one that deserves the killing.

Random thoughts. I know. But thats what Heineken, Vodka, and something called a "Hand Grenade" does to me. I apologize.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:59 pm

I like the idea of starting off in a tavern, and the idea of an outside entity trying to hire us to go fight the "big boss". I imagine that there are more battles or skirmishes than outright wars...that in the more wild places of the world, monsters are roaming more and more freely, but that something is causing all of the mayhem. As for what that something is...I'm not sure yet. Perhaps our players won't know either, and their job is to find out?

Edit: I think we should meet about the same time, maybe wander in one after another but for the most part start off together. We could also work in both the being hired and TotE suggestion of fighting a group of bad guys that wandered too near the little town we are at. It could be what inspires us to listen to the person trying to convince us to go find the root of the evil.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:15 pm

I like those ideas Ryona, and TotE's ideas. The town could be a Frontier town, one way off in the wilds, a place that caravan's would have to travel to a few ties a year (possibly a place that TotE's character hasn't been yet so he sees possibilities for conning people), a place where a Death magi would be able to move around more freely without the constant "holy shit she's that scary lady that kills people with magic", a [BoH's character here] could be at, and an angry mercenary could be hired to help train the local militia, hunt down brigands/monsters etc. etc.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Name: Atlasther
Race: Shifter
Class: Elemental Archer
Homeland: Xava, a dark tundra forest in the east
Physical Description:
Quest RP Atlast10
Personality: Due to her experiences, Atlasther is slow to trust human men. She may seem cold at first, but she is really just scarred inside. Her protective instincts are strong and she will quickly defend the weak or disadvantaged. She speaks little common, but can understand it well.
Weapons:
Bow
Arrows
Scimitar
Armor:
Animal Hide
Inventory:
Water Skin
Trail Rations
Medicinal Herbs
Fang Dagger
Skills (magical):
Flame Arrow – Inflicts fire damage; chance to cause periodic damage to target or scorch an area of land
Ice Arrow – Inflicts cold damage; chance to freeze or slow target
Lightning Arrow – Inflicts electric damage; chance to cause target to miss attacks or blocks
Skills (physical):
Moon Arrow – An arrow that increases chance to hit
Star Shot – Shoots multiple arrows at target or targets; can be combined with magical arrow attacks
Winded Strike – Quick and sweeping attack with melee weapon; chance to push target back
Animal Instincts – Higher than average sense of sight, hearing and smell
History: Atlasther was raised in a tribe in the eastern Xava Forest with a pack of Shifters. The pack lived for many years in the region undisturbed. However, when she was seventeen, a band of humans drove them out of their forest home. Forced onto the open tundra plains and unable to provide for the entire pack, the tribe sent out a search party to find a new food source. Atlasther stayed behind with the children and elders as they slowly dwindled in wait for the hunters to return. They never did. Atlasther was sent out to find them, but she knew that she would be just as unlikely to find the scouts as she was to return to her tribe.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Do you guys think we need some sort of map or do you want to just make up the landscape as we go? We know that there is

• Xava, a dark tundra forest in the east
  • Tikhiti, a southeastern desert land
  • Sorbold, religious capital of the continent (lets just consider this a central city, unless you think otherwise?)
  • Pullus, a massive Northern port city (port likely meaning NW? Or NE?)

I assume this is all on the same continent, and if we agree that Pullus is a northwestern city, then we can assume that further east of Xava and Tikhiti are unexplored monstrous lands. It can be somewhere between Xava and Tikhiti that this frontier town exists, where our players can meet in a tavern and after a small skirmish with some evil dudes be coerced onto this quest led by some armchair warrior who doesn't have the guts to do it himself, but has vital info on the whereabouts of the 'source of evil'.

If we all agree on this, I'll post up and OOC and intro post!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:42 pm

That sounds like a fine way to meet to me. Taverns, skirmishes and lurking darkness are always great adventure hooks. Well, at least if you ask any Dungeons and Dragons person. ^_^
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Haha I agree Smile

In addition to needing TotE's confirmation of central location of Sorbold, as well as Kails confirmation of NW location of Pullus, we need a name of the continent, and a name of the town. If you guys just want me to make up names, I will. I have sketched out a lousy map so I have an idea of how it looks in my head.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Yes, I did have in mind that Sorbold would be more in the middle of this continent. And the placement of the frontier town sounds perfect. I also like the plan to be recruited to go on this quest. ^^ I'm really excited about this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Pullus can be where ever anyone wants it. NW sounds perfect. I'm excited to get this going!
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:55 pm

I will do my best to have everything up tonight, but I don't know if I can do it. I am working on a sketch map now, then I will put up the OOC. If I have time, I will write the intro post...if not, expect it up tomorrow!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Sounds great Ryona
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:17 pm

Sounds good! Aww

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:32 pm

Quest RP 10q9pn7

for your viewing pleasure...I have named the lands Elitin, The Tikhiti Desert and Xava Forest a part of eastern Elitin, the farthest lands known to its current inhabitants. I imagine there is much more to see when we begin our quest!

next stop OOC!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Oh, that is awesome! Very nicely done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:44 pm

That is amazing Ryona! I also love the addition of the Minotaur Lands to the north. Thank you for all the time you are putting into this RP
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:00 pm

I love the map. Thanks, Ryona!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:11 pm

You are all very welcome! I have enjoyed doing this and it has taken my mind off of some less fun things going on right now. The ooc is ready, and I will hopefully put up the introduction. Should I just explain how my character got there, or start off with the "mysterious man's" quest proposal? Or both?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Maybe get all of our characters in the tavern, with the man, than you can explain the quest. And since you have an idea of how the small town of Kilast (did I spell that right?) give us some details to work with so we don't butcher your creations. Or! You could just do what you want. I'm sure no one would object.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:19 pm

I think what you say makes the most sense. I'll start with my character entering Kilast, and do my best to describe the town.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down