FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be Careful of what you wish for (Hellboy) Revised intro

Go down

Be Careful of what you wish for (Hellboy) Revised intro Empty Be Careful of what you wish for (Hellboy) Revised intro

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:38 am

Be Careful of what you wish for (Hellboy) Revised intro Nuada_10

Yes, this is a cannon roleplay with an original character that I shall control, however, I do not do cannons lightly, I'd prefer someone whom has at least seen both movies, better yet if they have read the graphic books.

Usagi the daughter of Hellboy and Liz, accidentally brings back both Prince Nuada and Princess Nuala when she only meant to resurrect Nuala, she then finds herself the object of the Prince Nuada’s fascination and affection.

Introduction:

The large Grandfather clock in the institutes vast library chimed half past midnight, beckoning a young eighteen year old frustrated half human demoness to bed, though she refused the clocks calls without even a blink of hesitation. She was determined to fulfill her goal.
Serenity Bruttenholm, daughter of the famous Hellboy and the lovely pyrokinetic Liz, sat pouring over several books of the arcane; trying to put together some sort of theory to achieve her desires, some way to give her beloved Uncle Abe back his happiness. Serenity learned not too long about how the only woman, a princess of the royal Bethmora family, her uncle had ever loved sacrificed herself to stop her deluded brother from wiping out humanity with the mythical Golden Army.

It was obvious to her that this occurrence had left her poor uncle's heart forever stained with grief, to see her kind-hearted uncle like this was just awful to Serenity, she couldn't bare to see someone she loved so much to be so sad.
The dim light of the room made her shiny hip length black hair shimmer like polished black onyx, gentle crimson red highlights streaking down to end at the ends in antique gold, all surprisingly natural, her skin a soft moonlight peach with elegant red swirls dancing across the bridge of her nose and fanning out across her naturally light rosy cheeks and curving to end at her cheek bones, her unique heritage had made her quite a beauty to the unprejudiced eye.

Somehow, some way Serenity was determined to resurrect Nuala, the princess of Bethmora from the dead, she knew she could do it due to what she learned of her relation to Morgan Le Fey. She just had to find the correct way of going about it, without any mistakes, she had managed to get out of her Uncle as candidly as possible that Nuala and her brother Nuada were psychically linked, which could present problems, this was something she had to be very careful about; who knew what could happen if she made some clumsy mistake. One thing was certain, Mom and Dad would ground her until time came crashing down and Aiden, her twin brother, would tell her once more "I told you so".

That made her smile a little bit, thinking about Aiden, sure he teased her sometimes, but what brother didn't? She loved him so much, he was such a good brother, if he knew she was up right now at this time of night, he'd probably drag her stubborn butt to bed and order her to get some rest, though she'd still not listen, she always was the rebellious one, good naturedly though of course, she never rebelled for selfish purposes, she only broke the rules when her heart forbid her to do anything else.

Aiden looked much the same as his sister, except his hair fell to his shoulders and was always tied back neatly in a black rubber band, he had a very noble look about him; his gentle kindness was clear and naked in his warm eyes, something Serenity adored about her older twin- only by two minutes mind you, but Aiden never let her forget it, and because she loved him so, she allowed it.
Serenity was pulled from her musing however as she turned the page of an old tome supposedly having once belonged to the great Merlin himself, the passage was simply titled 'A princess's Wish'

This wish, as it was called, was not something bestowed lightly, this 'wish' could only be made selflessly, from the pure heart of a princess descended from the mythical King Arthur, as she read on she learned that the princess making this wish could only do this once, it was a very special gift that could not be given a second time, she had to make this wish from the very bottom of her heart, this wish could not be used for personal gain, the wisher's heart could not be tainted by darkness or blind selfishness.
She backed up her chair from the desk, she stared down at the tome warily, this was just too eerily what she needed and too directly aimed at her, she was scared to try this for fear of any consequences or side effects that could occur, things possibly not listed in the passage. However, what other options did she have? She could walk away and forget this crazy Endeavour, but she knew her heart would never forgive her if she did that, she wanted to see her Uncle Abe happy and smiling all the time, not just once in awhile.

"Oh what the hell" Serenity sighed softly, rubbing the bridge of her nose nervously "Life just isn't worthwhile if you don't take some risks, right? A leap of faith is sometimes the only way to achieve one's dreams and goals"
After a little bit of pacing back and forth across the library, up and down the isles of books to try and calm herself, she returned to the desk and sat back down to review the vague instructions given in the passage.

"Place both hands above the beat of thy pure royal heart, close thy eyes and make thy wish aloud, make certain thy wish is the only wish present in thy heart, thee must want thy wish with all one's heart and soul," Serenity read aloud softly "Well, good, because I do want this with all my heart and soul, Uncle Abe deserves to be reunited with his love"
She took a few deep calming breaths before she picked up the tome and carefully slipped it into her book bag, making sure the bookmark she placed there did not move before she put the strap over her shoulder and quickly shut off all the library's lights. She bolted from the room to flee back to her bedroom, she didn't want to be disturbed and botch this wish, it was far too important.

Once inside, Serenity removed the book from the bag and then set the bag down by her dresser before taking the book with her over the her bed and sat down, gently cracking open the tome at the bookmark and gazed down nervously at the words written there before she closed her eyes and placed both hands over the beating she felt between her breasts beneath her sternum, she knew her heart wasn't located there, but that was where she felt the beating of it right now.
"I'm not sure whom I am speaking to or how thin my blood tie is to King Arthur, but this wish I make is wholly and completely important to my heart, it involves someone I love dearly, my dear, dear Uncle Abraham Sapien, I wish with all my heart and soul that my uncle can have his beloved Princess Nuala of Bethmora returned to him, this gentle princess made a noble sacrifice and did not deserve to die, she loved my Uncle, I know this to be true, I care not what things are necessary to make this reality, I care only that joy is restored to the broken hearts, please, this is my wish, my one wish"

Serenity peaked one eye open to see if anything was happening and then found herself with both eyes open and looking about her room in disappointment, there was nothing and no one in the room but herself and her belongings, her heart sank at this, she had such high hopes, perhaps she was silly to believe in something so far fetched as there being a special wish granted to pure hearted princess's... or perhaps Serenity just wasn't as pure as she believed, she couldn't understand why, but who knew what that actually meant, it could mean anything with the old English.
"Oh well" Serenity sighed, closing the tome and putting it on her nightstand "It was worth a shot, I'll just have to keep looking, tomorrow though, I am totally exhausted now, I need sleep, tomorrow will be a brand new day"

'How strange...' Nuala found herself thinking as she lay there on her back upon the forest floor, the forest seem strangely more tangible than it had moments ago, as if the shining beams of the hanging moon illuminated her heart, as if the cool summer night breeze caressed her face, she could feel the warmth of the earth beneath her body 'Is this some cruel illusion? If it is, I do wish it would cease tormenting me'

When Nuala noticed a green leaf cascade down from a low hanging tree branch and felt it land feather light upon her forehead, tears of happiness and disbelief sparkled beneath her eyes, this was real, she could never actually feel the elements around her before now over the last eighteen years when she died stopping her brother from using The Golden Army in his plans to wipe out humanity, even though he truly did not realize just what he was trying to do, poor Nuada was so sorrowfully warped and deluded in his anger.

The elven princess sat up and her amber eyes skirted over her woodland surroundings, she knew where she was, she wasn't too far from the institute where her beloved Abraham resided... her heart clenched, would he remember her after eighteen years? Had his love for her dimmed at all?
No... Somehow she knew Abraham loved her as strongly as ever even after all these years of her being dead, she knew he might be more than a little startled at her mysterious return of which not even she knew the origins of, but she had to go to him, she had to see him again, her heart cried out to be reunited with her Abe Sapien.

As Nuala stood up, another thought struck her then, what of Nuada? They were psychically linked, would he too have come back? The thought worried her and though she could not sense him, she knew she had to be careful to be wary of the possibility.
"Abraham, here I come" Nuala murmured to herself happily as she started forward down the forest path "I'm coming, my love"

(The available role is Nuada and whichever cannons you'd like to control, just let me know)

Last edited by Lamenting_Quill on Tue May 10, 2011 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding picture)
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down