FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken God

5 posters

Go down

Broken God Empty Broken God

Post by Kingmaker Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:55 pm

You're on Earth Three, a planet deep in the midst of control by the Derian Foundation, the sinister group that shanghaied interplanetary trade, placed restrictions on interspecies relations, placed all nonhumans in ghettos on human planets, and destroyed several home planets of nonhumans. They've erected churches to the Broken God, the enigmatic figure, said to speak through the Derian's leader, Delthan. Earth Three is a paradise for humans, a hell for anything else. It is one sprawling city, known as Paris Earth, with slums, ghettos for aliens, dwarves, Elves, and the Prise, and the Human Section, a floating Garden-Of-Eden, with an almost neverending food source, and anything you could want.

What could go wrong?

On June 1st, 4453, A.C. (After Contact), you wake up to Derian Hunters clawing at your door. They're strong. Stronger than you'd ever believe. They'll tear your door down in seconds. You hear a voice... Oh shit. It's Delthan himself.

"Let me see your papers, *Insert player name here*. We have reason to believe you're a nonhuman. And a conspirator. You are marked for termination in t-minus one minute..." It was a recording. Duh. And this wasn't good...

Wait, what?

(If your character is an IRObot, read here)

You're a regular human, your parents dropped you off on Earth Three years ago, and you were raised by your uncle Jesse. You've got your papers right...

Fuck. What is this? It's a handwritten note. From Jesse. It reads:

Dear *Insert name here*

I'm sorry for all the lies. I know it feels like I've betrayed you, betrayed you deeply. But your memories are false. You weren't on this planet for years, only days. I am not your uncle, I am your creator. You are not human, you're a resistance fighter, an IRO model.

And Delthan wants you dead.

Your building is filled with other operatives. Escape any way you can. When you're ready to wake up, and realize your potential, read this:

I am Alpha, and Omega, the Beginning and the End. As you read, remember. First and last. \\execute: Operation Discovery.exe

Love always,
Jesse

You feel a rush of strength, like adrenaline... Your head buzzes... All of a sudden, you feel stronger. Faster. You search for a way out.

(If you are a nonhuman (Alien, dwarf, Elf, Prise, etc.) read here)

It was only a matter of time before they found out a nonhuman was out of the ghetto. You sighed, grabbing your favorite weapon, a set of clothes, and as much food as will fit into a pack before looking for an exit. A sign on a mirror alarms you. It's handwritten:

Dear Nonhuman:

Are you tired of oppression?

If so, simply survive this. I'll know if you did. You'll be contacted afterwards. Oh, and watch out for the Hunters.

Your friend,
Jesse

(End Messages)

Gallery of Useful Terms:
IRObot - A created human, stands for Internal Resistance Operative bot. A created synthetic human, capable of reproducing, dying, and reliant on oxygen. Food isn't a necessity, but to run at peak performance, it is recommended. Their creator is Jesse Kilgannon, who is right now, a mystery.

Prise - A blue-skinned alien. They are slightly taller and thinner than humans, and the older ones have a floating light above their head, a display of their prowess of Light Bending. The more powerful the Bending, the brigher the light. They've been repressed, just like every other nonhuman.

Dwarf - A race of hearty, short aliens. They prefer living underground, or in areas of denser gravity. Because of this, their bones are thicker, muscles stronger, but they're much physically slower. They are also being repressed.

Elves - The antithesis of Dwarves, they are used to lower gravity areas, thus making their bodies lankier, thinner, and much lighter. Their minds are their most powerful weapons. They think roughly 32x faster than humans, and can even bend the elements to their aid occasionally. They are one of the last repressed races.

Derian Foundation - A horrid human-supremacist foundation. As explained above, they took over interplanetary commerce and such, making a dictatorship around their Broken God, supposedly a machine so vast and powerful, the ancient races of Prise, Dwarf and Elf destroyed it and scattered the pieces. Delthan, their enigmatic leader, is trying to rebuild it. How, and to what ends, is unknown.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Broken God Empty Re: Broken God

Post by Narubia Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Hey King, I'll kick the ball rolling by saying that yes, I'm interested, and am looking forward to doing this rp.
Narubia
Narubia
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyEssence Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm interested.
DeadlyEssence
DeadlyEssence
Mist
Mist

Female

http://failingfiction.createaforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:41 pm

I'll keep the ball rolling by saying I'm interested as well.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Keep the... oh, for the love of...

Guys, this interest check is not only months old, but Kingmaker hasn't been seen around here since Inerio and Copper basically called him a liar and a whimp in the IRC a while back. Sorry to break it to you, but I don't see this going anywhere short of an act of God.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down